• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:05
CEST 09:05
KST 16:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6634 users

Do You Believe In a God? - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
WGT)DarkXprT
Profile Joined October 2005
Qatar428 Posts
December 18 2005 12:11 GMT
#81
On December 18 2005 20:46 Chris307 wrote:
If there is a God, explain Ashlee Simpson

for every good creation there is a bad one, look at her sister, HOT.
I hope all our problems stay as much as christmas wishes.
MhX
Profile Joined October 2004
United States317 Posts
December 18 2005 12:11 GMT
#82
mmmm I voted 'No' because I believe the question was pointed more towards 'do you believe in a religious god'

as anyone voting 'no there is absolutely no chance of a god' is just ignorant because its impossible to rule it out since we don't know anything

but anyways without going much into depth about what I think I'll just say this:
Its funny how the bible continues to vaguely reinterpret itself to have symbolic meanings instead of literal meanings. Especially funny since when it was wrote, and for hundreds of years before the first scientific break throughs, people did take it literally because there was nothing to prove it wrong.


As another note I'm quite suprised how many people answered 'No.'

Is America just that religious or is Europe very open minded?
alphaentity
Profile Joined August 2005
United States525 Posts
December 18 2005 12:48 GMT
#83
I want to vote "I don't know"

Here's a funny penn and teller show about the bible

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3593866248238036452&q=a hepful hand
OverTheUnder
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2929 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-12-18 13:02:03
December 18 2005 13:01 GMT
#84
I believe in a thing called Love.



edit: loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove
Honor would be taking it up the ass and curing all diseases, damn how stupid can people get. -baal http://puertoricanbw.ytmnd.com/
Chris307
Profile Joined June 2004
3095 Posts
December 18 2005 13:31 GMT
#85
On December 18 2005 21:48 alphaentity wrote:
I want to vote "I don't know"

Here's a funny penn and teller show about the bible

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3593866248238036452&q=a hepful hand


Thank you for that.
PUSH DICE CUP BACK AND I SHOOT CRAP
WhiteDragon347
Profile Joined December 2005
United States1 Post
December 18 2005 13:44 GMT
#86
lol i well humans can make very complicated books that only educated and the knowledgable can understand.. likewise why wouldn't god make a book that only people with a humble and honest heart can understand?
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
December 18 2005 13:47 GMT
#87
im Roman Catholic ^^
Forgottenfrog
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1268 Posts
December 18 2005 14:27 GMT
#88
I am God
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
December 18 2005 15:13 GMT
#89
I feel sorry for people that think they rot in a hole in the ground when they die. If I truely believed that it would take all the joy out of my life.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
didierdrogba
Profile Joined October 2005
182 Posts
December 18 2005 15:20 GMT
#90
manablue whats your branch?
Orlandu
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
China2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-12-18 15:29:08
December 18 2005 15:27 GMT
#91
I personally am an agnostic and do not know whether or not there is a higher power, so I don't believe or disbelieve in such.

However personally, I would hold my life to the fact that most religion as we know it is nothing more than a manipulative concept, and that the Bible is one of the biggest manipulative tools ever created.

While I believe most religions do hold morals and values and various other concepts that are very, VERY important for people to understand and know, I believe many of them have and do abuse what they have and seem to grow arrogant and begin to add in concepts and do things that are irrelevant and inaccurate.

Especially if you look at history and know anything at all about logic, you can clearly see how easy it would be to manipulate the masses under such a guise. People today are still fooled by many things not nearly as complex as religion and the Bible. As dumb as people were back then, it would be quite easy for some kind of royal or higher-up educated family to brainstorm a method of manipulation similar to how some religions are, which also explains how interpretations of the Bible and various other things seem to change over the years. The motive and necessity is also quite obvious for such a scenario, which adds to the plausibility.


Sometimes in my heart it feels hard to believe that there isn't some kind of higher power. But I believe that much of that is human nature, the desire for security, to have that feeling that someone is looking out for you and that there's a plan for you. It's all very comforting, and I believe that to be a very strong human weakness. But again, whether this is all an illusion or reality cannot be proven, so I don't attempt to find the answer.

Basically, what it all boils down to for me is that I'm in control of my life, and I will rely on myself and only myself for that kind of comfort and support that one might search for from a higher power.
We cant give up just because things arent the way we want them to be.
didierdrogba
Profile Joined October 2005
182 Posts
December 18 2005 15:33 GMT
#92
how can you be both a believer and a disbeliever?
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
December 18 2005 15:46 GMT
#93
125 vs. 70, I always knew this forum was EVIL!
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
alphaentity
Profile Joined August 2005
United States525 Posts
December 18 2005 17:52 GMT
#94
On December 19 2005 00:33 didierdrogba wrote:
how can you be both a believer and a disbeliever?


It's more like, I'm not sure what to believe yet.
sMaCkEr
Profile Joined October 2005
Peru295 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-12-18 22:50:59
December 18 2005 22:46 GMT
#95
devils , angels dead ,resurrection, reencarnation, reborn,ghosts, end of times ( no end of the world )
but its not how the "church" states ^^
West op jOinClan
x2fst
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
1272 Posts
December 19 2005 00:20 GMT
#96
On December 19 2005 00:46 HeadBangaa wrote:
125 vs. 70, I always knew this forum was EVIL!

Haha, this forum is is full of BLASPHEMOUS HEATHENS!
muda, is a crime for me to wear a shirt, cos I is so good lookin
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-12-19 00:35:06
December 19 2005 00:31 GMT
#97
DO NOT DISCUSS

bah! whats the point of not discussing?

anyway I do NOT believe in a god. And I can't believe so many people do. Its perfectly illogical really.
Enter a Uh
jtan
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Sweden5891 Posts
December 19 2005 00:37 GMT
#98
On December 19 2005 00:46 HeadBangaa wrote:
125 vs. 70, I always knew this forum was EVIL!

having more than 10% believers around me makes me feel uncomfortable
Enter a Uh
BatTheMan
Profile Joined July 2005
Canada759 Posts
December 19 2005 00:38 GMT
#99
off topic, but I recently read this Bill Gates quote thought I'd share: "Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning. "
aka RichardNPL (RichardNamPhong@Azeroth)
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
December 19 2005 00:45 GMT
#100
not necessarily a God, but some sort of greater being seems probable... all these strange things happening are hard to believe are just coincidences.. having a stick get heavy when it's water underneath it for example, only some people can do that - and no way in hell can science explain that phenomenon o_O
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 916
910 731
ggaemo 657
actioN 429
Mong 283
Yoon 117
Shuttle 108
Dewaltoss 83
Hm[arnc] 36
soO 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 24
Bale 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 17
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor806
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9391
Happy380
PiGStarcraft240
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS51
trigger7
olofmeister0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 55m
OSC
14h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.