• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:47
CEST 11:47
KST 18:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9306 users

Maxim gamer girl competition. - Page 38

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 49 Next All
MilkyMan
Profile Joined October 2011
Hong Kong12 Posts
April 06 2012 02:01 GMT
#741
On April 06 2012 10:15 turdburgler wrote:
although i doubt the people doing the checks will give any fucks/bother to check i dont think people should take the Risk.


If WE have Hotbid claiming second place in this competition for a GameR girl I doubt WE have much to worry about :D.

I just voted for Hotbid, hope he wins and if he does, then he will have shown the power of ESPORTS!
| 2012 - The year of the Liquid <3 | Favorite player - Liquid`TLO <3
Petra37
Profile Joined April 2011
United States20 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 04:53:16
April 06 2012 02:03 GMT
#742
On April 06 2012 10:12 -_-Quails wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 09:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:05 StarSlay3r wrote:
You guys should also consider this though, while it's all fun and games to have someone like Hot_Bid in the contest, him getting so many votes is really discouraging some of the legit gamers that are female on that website and it's sad to see them give up like that. "This is all a joke, no one is taking this seriously... a GUY has over 1,000 votes!". Can you guys do me a favor and shoot some of your votes to some of the girls while you're on the site? You can vote for more than one person each day. While you're voting for Hot_Bid and Anna please look over some of the girls profiles and give the ones you like some votes too please. You don't have to obviously, but it'd really be a big help.

Thank you all for reading my long ass post. Take care!


First of all, Freddie Wong will always be the #1 GH player in my <3

Second, I disagree with your sentiments here. This contest has nothing to do with getting exposure, or credibility, or anything else for these ladies. This contest is all about the sponsor Virgin Gaming finding some hot chick that they can use in their adverts with the hope that a bunch of stereotypical nerds will drool over them because they are a "gamer". It's demeaning, it's stupid, and frankly as a stereotypical nerd myself I find it rather annoying. Someone earlier brought up the infamous KellyMilkies photo shoot, same principle applies here.

While I respect Anna Prosser and think she has done some amazing work for Esports, this contest isn't about rewarding her for that. It's about making an object out of her and using that to sell shit. Maybe the financial reward and exposure would be good for the individual who wins, but IMO would be a step backwards for women in this industry and in this community. Thus why Hot_Bid is the only rational vote; an absurd candidate for an absurd contest.


I agree with TheToast.

I respect your choice to enter this competition, StarSlay3r, but I dislike this style of competitions in general. The prize will be good for whoever wins it, but it will not be a win for female gamers. They won't be taken seriously as a result of this, they'll just be objectified more than already happens. This is a contest aimed at using male desire to sell Virgin Gaming and Maxim products, not promoting femal game players. Frankly, I find it insulting to both genders.

As a female gamer, I will be voting for Hotbid. He is the prettiest princess with the chance to show how much I dislike this competition.

Good luck with your future GH playing.


100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.
Special Tactics! <3
FlyingToilet
Profile Joined August 2011
United States840 Posts
April 06 2012 02:03 GMT
#743
aww i was gonna show my friend the wazzup bitches profile bio but they deleted the profile, rofl!
http://justin.tv/flyingtoilet
14fighter
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States226 Posts
April 06 2012 02:14 GMT
#744
Remember to vote for Anna and Hot_bid
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
April 06 2012 02:24 GMT
#745
Btw, isnt GIRL an acronym for Guy In Real Life? With that said Hotbid should win hands down, he's the only GIRL in that contest (oh and that Pwnstar4hire guy, but he can't beat Hotbid).
Selassie
Profile Joined April 2012
Ireland58 Posts
April 06 2012 02:48 GMT
#746
Can't wait for that hot_bid photo shoot.
Shameless
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands349 Posts
April 06 2012 04:28 GMT
#747
On April 06 2012 11:03 FlyingToilet wrote:
aww i was gonna show my friend the wazzup bitches profile bio but they deleted the profile, rofl!

yeah, I wrote a blog, but I guess they didn't like that, me sad panda now
Liquid'HuK "That's Halo, don't worry"
AlphaWhale
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia328 Posts
April 06 2012 04:31 GMT
#748
I think my favourite thing about this whole competition is that it's sponsored by "Virgin Gaming".
The icon for diamond league is actually a sapphire.
StarSlay3r
Profile Joined December 2008
United States50 Posts
April 06 2012 08:58 GMT
#749

100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.


Just wanted to throw this out there... but none of you guys know what this is even for. You're assuming it's for a nearly nude photo spread in Maxim or something... but I have been told otherwise. It is my understanding that this is for a spokesmodel position with Maxim and Virgin Gaming. This is a legit job from what I'm hearing. Do you guys know who Gamer Next Door is? Jo Garcia from Playboy does event coverage and while she represents playboy, she simply is sent out to events to get coverage and posts videos of game reviews for the Playboy website. Because of the fact that she was a Playboy model first, she HAS done some of the photo shoots, etc, however her role as "gamer next door" is a very respectable one apart from her career as a model with Playboy.

Assuming this is in fact just a spokesmodel, get event coverage, appear at events wearing a Maxim t-shirt kind of thing, I don't see how this could be something that hurts female gamers and the way people perceive them. The contest is not the issue, the issue is with the girls themselves and how they allow themselves to be perceived. I see girls in the contest who complained about all the same things you mentioned, but they were the first ones to post pictures of themselves in lingerie or naked covered only by game peripherals/controllers. I created my profile, I talked strictly about my gaming history, and I posted pictures of me fully clothed, gaming. If I won the contest and they said they wanted me to pose nearly nude I'd say no. I personally have too much respect for myself to agree to do that, and if they pick me they will know that is my standpoint so there shouldn't be any issues. I have no problem canceling what COULD be a good contract if it does turn out to be a sexist and degrading position with Maxim, and any other self respecting female who enters this contest should do the same. If not, that should only make THEM personally look bad, not female gamers as a whole.

Why are the actions of one female reflected upon all of us, yet if ONE guy does something douchey people just look at him and think he's a d*** instead of saying all male gamers are disrespectful a-holes for example? I personally have no respect for the females who entered the contest and immediately started offering bikini pictures for votes and posting naked censored photos in an attempt to win. If I don't get votes because I didn't post those types of pictures that's fine with me, because I can walk away from this contest with my self respect. If "WoW girl" loses she will forever have to deal with the fact that she posted nude photos of herself covered in controllers for the sake of trying to win a contest, and will have to deal with possibly losing the respect of some of her former fans and the respect of people in the industry. Just know that not all of us girls who entered this contest are like that, and it IS possible to enter a contest like this and respect ourselves and make female gamers as a whole look good by being professional in the way we present ourselves while competing.
http://www.StarSlay3r.com
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
April 06 2012 09:22 GMT
#750
On April 06 2012 10:11 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 10:02 Endymion wrote:
"@I_pic_Tradechat Have you ever been to TL.net? That site is just one giant community of trolls. If this contest was held 3 years ago Hot_bod would already have 100k votes. Luckily, its held now while Tl's community is shrinking" oh no you didnt!


Reply with a link to Intrigue's blog about the correct usage of the word "troll".

Ahahaha
We're shrinking. Oshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 09:36:20
April 06 2012 09:26 GMT
#751
On April 06 2012 17:58 StarSlay3r wrote:
Show nested quote +

100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.


Just wanted to throw this out there... but none of you guys know what this is even for. You're assuming it's for a nearly nude photo spread in Maxim or something... but I have been told otherwise. It is my understanding that this is for a spokesmodel position with Maxim and Virgin Gaming. This is a legit job from what I'm hearing. Do you guys know who Gamer Next Door is? Jo Garcia from Playboy does event coverage and while she represents playboy, she simply is sent out to events to get coverage and posts videos of game reviews for the Playboy website. Because of the fact that she was a Playboy model first, she HAS done some of the photo shoots, etc, however her role as "gamer next door" is a very respectable one apart from her career as a model with Playboy.

Assuming this is in fact just a spokesmodel, get event coverage, appear at events wearing a Maxim t-shirt kind of thing, I don't see how this could be something that hurts female gamers and the way people perceive them. The contest is not the issue, the issue is with the girls themselves and how they allow themselves to be perceived. I see girls in the contest who complained about all the same things you mentioned, but they were the first ones to post pictures of themselves in lingerie or naked covered only by game peripherals/controllers. I created my profile, I talked strictly about my gaming history, and I posted pictures of me fully clothed, gaming. If I won the contest and they said they wanted me to pose nearly nude I'd say no. I personally have too much respect for myself to agree to do that, and if they pick me they will know that is my standpoint so there shouldn't be any issues. I have no problem canceling what COULD be a good contract if it does turn out to be a sexist and degrading position with Maxim, and any other self respecting female who enters this contest should do the same. If not, that should only make THEM personally look bad, not female gamers as a whole.

Why are the actions of one female reflected upon all of us, yet if ONE guy does something douchey people just look at him and think he's a d*** instead of saying all male gamers are disrespectful a-holes for example? I personally have no respect for the females who entered the contest and immediately started offering bikini pictures for votes and posting naked censored photos in an attempt to win. If I don't get votes because I didn't post those types of pictures that's fine with me, because I can walk away from this contest with my self respect. If "WoW girl" loses she will forever have to deal with the fact that she posted nude photos of herself covered in controllers for the sake of trying to win a contest, and will have to deal with possibly losing the respect of some of her former fans and the respect of people in the industry. Just know that not all of us girls who entered this contest are like that, and it IS possible to enter a contest like this and respect ourselves and make female gamers as a whole look good by being professional in the way we present ourselves while competing.


Holy what in the what what...
They recruit women through doing an internet beauty contest on a soft porn men's magazine?
Is that even legal?
I don't believe those rumours are correct. Wouldn't that be mentioned pretty clearly when you sign up for the beauty pageant?

Edit. Oh lol, it's even mentioned in the op. My bad. Wow that's disgusting though.


On April 06 2012 10:11 TheToast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 10:02 Endymion wrote:
"@I_pic_Tradechat Have you ever been to TL.net? That site is just one giant community of trolls. If this contest was held 3 years ago Hot_bod would already have 100k votes. Luckily, its held now while Tl's community is shrinking" oh no you didnt!


Reply with a link to Intrigue's blog about the correct usage of the word "troll".


Honestly her self esteem has to be really low if she has to post things like that to make herself look better. That's so sad.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
IDEnergy
Profile Joined February 2011
Korea (South)74 Posts
April 06 2012 09:31 GMT
#752
On April 06 2012 17:58 StarSlay3r wrote:
Show nested quote +

100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.


Just wanted to throw this out there... but none of you guys know what this is even for. You're assuming it's for a nearly nude photo spread in Maxim or something... but I have been told otherwise. It is my understanding that this is for a spokesmodel position with Maxim and Virgin Gaming. This is a legit job from what I'm hearing. Do you guys know who Gamer Next Door is? Jo Garcia from Playboy does event coverage and while she represents playboy, she simply is sent out to events to get coverage and posts videos of game reviews for the Playboy website. Because of the fact that she was a Playboy model first, she HAS done some of the photo shoots, etc, however her role as "gamer next door" is a very respectable one apart from her career as a model with Playboy.

Assuming this is in fact just a spokesmodel, get event coverage, appear at events wearing a Maxim t-shirt kind of thing, I don't see how this could be something that hurts female gamers and the way people perceive them. The contest is not the issue, the issue is with the girls themselves and how they allow themselves to be perceived. I see girls in the contest who complained about all the same things you mentioned, but they were the first ones to post pictures of themselves in lingerie or naked covered only by game peripherals/controllers. I created my profile, I talked strictly about my gaming history, and I posted pictures of me fully clothed, gaming. If I won the contest and they said they wanted me to pose nearly nude I'd say no. I personally have too much respect for myself to agree to do that, and if they pick me they will know that is my standpoint so there shouldn't be any issues. I have no problem canceling what COULD be a good contract if it does turn out to be a sexist and degrading position with Maxim, and any other self respecting female who enters this contest should do the same. If not, that should only make THEM personally look bad, not female gamers as a whole.

Why are the actions of one female reflected upon all of us, yet if ONE guy does something douchey people just look at him and think he's a d*** instead of saying all male gamers are disrespectful a-holes for example? I personally have no respect for the females who entered the contest and immediately started offering bikini pictures for votes and posting naked censored photos in an attempt to win. If I don't get votes because I didn't post those types of pictures that's fine with me, because I can walk away from this contest with my self respect. If "WoW girl" loses she will forever have to deal with the fact that she posted nude photos of herself covered in controllers for the sake of trying to win a contest, and will have to deal with possibly losing the respect of some of her former fans and the respect of people in the industry. Just know that not all of us girls who entered this contest are like that, and it IS possible to enter a contest like this and respect ourselves and make female gamers as a whole look good by being professional in the way we present ourselves while competing.


Either your really blinded or just plain stupid. Your dealing with public figure. Mass Media. They are attention whores. Nuff said now? They will do anything to these women that are in contest to gain readers. How would it not hurt the female gamers and their reputation?
사랑에 빠져버린 나는 러브홀릭♥
IDEnergy
Profile Joined February 2011
Korea (South)74 Posts
April 06 2012 09:32 GMT
#753
On April 06 2012 10:02 Endymion wrote:
"@I_pic_Tradechat Have you ever been to TL.net? That site is just one giant community of trolls. If this contest was held 3 years ago Hot_bod would already have 100k votes. Luckily, its held now while Tl's community is shrinking" oh no you didnt!


Oh no you didn't -_- TL ain't shirking -_-
사랑에 빠져버린 나는 러브홀릭♥
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 09:36:00
April 06 2012 09:35 GMT
#754
On April 06 2012 18:32 IDEnergy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 10:02 Endymion wrote:
"@I_pic_Tradechat Have you ever been to TL.net? That site is just one giant community of trolls. If this contest was held 3 years ago Hot_bod would already have 100k votes. Luckily, its held now while Tl's community is shrinking" oh no you didnt!


Oh no you didn't -_- TL ain't shirking -_-


Wait what? That doesn't even make sense (referring to the original tweet). TL was a lot smaller 3 years ago... If I'm not entirely mistaken there was an influx of people in 2007, when SC2 was announced, and another one when SC2 was released.

So... TL.net is bigger than ever.
memes are a dish best served dank
gameguard
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Korea (South)2132 Posts
April 06 2012 09:36 GMT
#755
On April 06 2012 11:03 Petra37 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 10:12 -_-Quails wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:05 StarSlay3r wrote:
You guys should also consider this though, while it's all fun and games to have someone like Hot_Bid in the contest, him getting so many votes is really discouraging some of the legit gamers that are female on that website and it's sad to see them give up like that. "This is all a joke, no one is taking this seriously... a GUY has over 1,000 votes!". Can you guys do me a favor and shoot some of your votes to some of the girls while you're on the site? You can vote for more than one person each day. While you're voting for Hot_Bid and Anna please look over some of the girls profiles and give the ones you like some votes too please. You don't have to obviously, but it'd really be a big help.

Thank you all for reading my long ass post. Take care!


First of all, Freddie Wong will always be the #1 GH player in my <3

Second, I disagree with your sentiments here. This contest has nothing to do with getting exposure, or credibility, or anything else for these ladies. This contest is all about the sponsor Virgin Gaming finding some hot chick that they can use in their adverts with the hope that a bunch of stereotypical nerds will drool over them because they are a "gamer". It's demeaning, it's stupid, and frankly as a stereotypical nerd myself I find it rather annoying. Someone earlier brought up the infamous KellyMilkies photo shoot, same principle applies here.

While I respect Anna Prosser and think she has done some amazing work for Esports, this contest isn't about rewarding her for that. It's about making an object out of her and using that to sell shit. Maybe the financial reward and exposure would be good for the individual who wins, but IMO would be a step backwards for women in this industry and in this community. Thus why Hot_Bid is the only rational vote; an absurd candidate for an absurd contest.


I agree with TheToast.

I respect your choice to enter this competition, StarSlay3r, but I dislike this style of competitions in general. The prize will be good for whoever wins it, but it will not be a win for female gamers. They won't be taken seriously as a result of this, they'll just be objectified more than already happens. This is a contest aimed at using male desire to sell Virgin Gaming and Maxim products, not promoting femal game players. Frankly, I find it insulting to both genders.

As a female gamer, I will be voting for Hotbid. He is the prettiest princess with the chance to show how much I dislike this competition.

Good luck with your future GH playing.


100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.


wow get that stick out of your asses. "its demeaning to women" bla bla. Like you never looked at porn before lol.

This is entertainment. Sex sells. Its a maxim contest for gamer girls, not some PC gamer contest for the best female gamer. They want a spokesmodel. You have to be hot. Thats it.

On another note, I seem to remember Virgin gaming logos in old school games. Not so much rescently though. I think they made/published NBA jam which was seriously awesome.
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 09:44:26
April 06 2012 09:39 GMT
#756
On April 06 2012 18:36 gameguard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 11:03 Petra37 wrote:
On April 06 2012 10:12 -_-Quails wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:05 StarSlay3r wrote:
You guys should also consider this though, while it's all fun and games to have someone like Hot_Bid in the contest, him getting so many votes is really discouraging some of the legit gamers that are female on that website and it's sad to see them give up like that. "This is all a joke, no one is taking this seriously... a GUY has over 1,000 votes!". Can you guys do me a favor and shoot some of your votes to some of the girls while you're on the site? You can vote for more than one person each day. While you're voting for Hot_Bid and Anna please look over some of the girls profiles and give the ones you like some votes too please. You don't have to obviously, but it'd really be a big help.

Thank you all for reading my long ass post. Take care!


First of all, Freddie Wong will always be the #1 GH player in my <3

Second, I disagree with your sentiments here. This contest has nothing to do with getting exposure, or credibility, or anything else for these ladies. This contest is all about the sponsor Virgin Gaming finding some hot chick that they can use in their adverts with the hope that a bunch of stereotypical nerds will drool over them because they are a "gamer". It's demeaning, it's stupid, and frankly as a stereotypical nerd myself I find it rather annoying. Someone earlier brought up the infamous KellyMilkies photo shoot, same principle applies here.

While I respect Anna Prosser and think she has done some amazing work for Esports, this contest isn't about rewarding her for that. It's about making an object out of her and using that to sell shit. Maybe the financial reward and exposure would be good for the individual who wins, but IMO would be a step backwards for women in this industry and in this community. Thus why Hot_Bid is the only rational vote; an absurd candidate for an absurd contest.


I agree with TheToast.

I respect your choice to enter this competition, StarSlay3r, but I dislike this style of competitions in general. The prize will be good for whoever wins it, but it will not be a win for female gamers. They won't be taken seriously as a result of this, they'll just be objectified more than already happens. This is a contest aimed at using male desire to sell Virgin Gaming and Maxim products, not promoting femal game players. Frankly, I find it insulting to both genders.

As a female gamer, I will be voting for Hotbid. He is the prettiest princess with the chance to show how much I dislike this competition.

Good luck with your future GH playing.


100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.


wow get that stick out of your asses. "its demeaning to women" bla bla. Like you never looked at porn before lol.

This is entertainment. Sex sells. Its a maxim contest for gamer girls, not some PC gamer contest for the best female gamer. They want a spokesmodel. You have to be hot. Thats it.

On another note, I seem to remember Virgin gaming logos in old school games. Not so much rescently though. I think they made/published NBA jam which was seriously awesome.


Putting gamer girls and soft porn 'actresses' in the same level is demeaning to gamer girls though.

Edit. What I mean is that gamer girls are already being discriminated against within the gaming community, and holding a soft porn gamer girl tournament just deepens that problem.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Artifice
Profile Joined May 2010
United States523 Posts
April 06 2012 09:48 GMT
#757
I wish this WoW skank wasn't in the competition so I could see Maxim shit their pants when Hotbid won.
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
April 06 2012 09:50 GMT
#758
On April 06 2012 18:39 Euronyme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 18:36 gameguard wrote:
On April 06 2012 11:03 Petra37 wrote:
On April 06 2012 10:12 -_-Quails wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:05 StarSlay3r wrote:
You guys should also consider this though, while it's all fun and games to have someone like Hot_Bid in the contest, him getting so many votes is really discouraging some of the legit gamers that are female on that website and it's sad to see them give up like that. "This is all a joke, no one is taking this seriously... a GUY has over 1,000 votes!". Can you guys do me a favor and shoot some of your votes to some of the girls while you're on the site? You can vote for more than one person each day. While you're voting for Hot_Bid and Anna please look over some of the girls profiles and give the ones you like some votes too please. You don't have to obviously, but it'd really be a big help.

Thank you all for reading my long ass post. Take care!


First of all, Freddie Wong will always be the #1 GH player in my <3

Second, I disagree with your sentiments here. This contest has nothing to do with getting exposure, or credibility, or anything else for these ladies. This contest is all about the sponsor Virgin Gaming finding some hot chick that they can use in their adverts with the hope that a bunch of stereotypical nerds will drool over them because they are a "gamer". It's demeaning, it's stupid, and frankly as a stereotypical nerd myself I find it rather annoying. Someone earlier brought up the infamous KellyMilkies photo shoot, same principle applies here.

While I respect Anna Prosser and think she has done some amazing work for Esports, this contest isn't about rewarding her for that. It's about making an object out of her and using that to sell shit. Maybe the financial reward and exposure would be good for the individual who wins, but IMO would be a step backwards for women in this industry and in this community. Thus why Hot_Bid is the only rational vote; an absurd candidate for an absurd contest.


I agree with TheToast.

I respect your choice to enter this competition, StarSlay3r, but I dislike this style of competitions in general. The prize will be good for whoever wins it, but it will not be a win for female gamers. They won't be taken seriously as a result of this, they'll just be objectified more than already happens. This is a contest aimed at using male desire to sell Virgin Gaming and Maxim products, not promoting femal game players. Frankly, I find it insulting to both genders.

As a female gamer, I will be voting for Hotbid. He is the prettiest princess with the chance to show how much I dislike this competition.

Good luck with your future GH playing.


100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.


wow get that stick out of your asses. "its demeaning to women" bla bla. Like you never looked at porn before lol.

This is entertainment. Sex sells. Its a maxim contest for gamer girls, not some PC gamer contest for the best female gamer. They want a spokesmodel. You have to be hot. Thats it.

On another note, I seem to remember Virgin gaming logos in old school games. Not so much rescently though. I think they made/published NBA jam which was seriously awesome.


Putting gamer girls and soft porn 'actresses' in the same level is demeaning to gamer girls though.

Edit. What I mean is that gamer girls are already being discriminated against within the gaming community, and holding a soft porn gamer girl tournament just deepens that problem.


Totally agree, it is a shame that this is the lot in life that women have been given. And people always respond by saying "sex sells" as if that's supposed to justify this bullshit. It's a shame that women give in to these stupid attention-whore contests. It makes the notion of a future where men and women are treated equally an impossible dream.
gameguard
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Korea (South)2132 Posts
April 06 2012 09:52 GMT
#759
On April 06 2012 18:39 Euronyme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 18:36 gameguard wrote:
On April 06 2012 11:03 Petra37 wrote:
On April 06 2012 10:12 -_-Quails wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:39 TheToast wrote:
On April 06 2012 09:05 StarSlay3r wrote:
You guys should also consider this though, while it's all fun and games to have someone like Hot_Bid in the contest, him getting so many votes is really discouraging some of the legit gamers that are female on that website and it's sad to see them give up like that. "This is all a joke, no one is taking this seriously... a GUY has over 1,000 votes!". Can you guys do me a favor and shoot some of your votes to some of the girls while you're on the site? You can vote for more than one person each day. While you're voting for Hot_Bid and Anna please look over some of the girls profiles and give the ones you like some votes too please. You don't have to obviously, but it'd really be a big help.

Thank you all for reading my long ass post. Take care!


First of all, Freddie Wong will always be the #1 GH player in my <3

Second, I disagree with your sentiments here. This contest has nothing to do with getting exposure, or credibility, or anything else for these ladies. This contest is all about the sponsor Virgin Gaming finding some hot chick that they can use in their adverts with the hope that a bunch of stereotypical nerds will drool over them because they are a "gamer". It's demeaning, it's stupid, and frankly as a stereotypical nerd myself I find it rather annoying. Someone earlier brought up the infamous KellyMilkies photo shoot, same principle applies here.

While I respect Anna Prosser and think she has done some amazing work for Esports, this contest isn't about rewarding her for that. It's about making an object out of her and using that to sell shit. Maybe the financial reward and exposure would be good for the individual who wins, but IMO would be a step backwards for women in this industry and in this community. Thus why Hot_Bid is the only rational vote; an absurd candidate for an absurd contest.


I agree with TheToast.

I respect your choice to enter this competition, StarSlay3r, but I dislike this style of competitions in general. The prize will be good for whoever wins it, but it will not be a win for female gamers. They won't be taken seriously as a result of this, they'll just be objectified more than already happens. This is a contest aimed at using male desire to sell Virgin Gaming and Maxim products, not promoting femal game players. Frankly, I find it insulting to both genders.

As a female gamer, I will be voting for Hotbid. He is the prettiest princess with the chance to show how much I dislike this competition.

Good luck with your future GH playing.


100% Agree. While I absolutely think a GH pro is awesome and I like seeing females become more prominent since gaming is so male dominated, I cannot respect any of the women particpating in this contest. It's demaning and in my personal opinion any woman who's got any sort of exposure in the gaming world would be doing infinitely more credit to female gamers by boycotting this contest. You think having a male so high up in this contest is so bad for other girls who are getting discouraged? Well I think all of them should get some self respect and not whore themselves out for a Maxim photo shoot.

I mean seriously, how can anyone possibly believe that a MAXIM contest in any way legitimizes females in gaming? I'm not even being sarcastic, I really truly do not understand it. I would love to see an actual gaming organization (Game Informer maybe? Or TL hint hint hint) host this contest with some legitimate criteria. Female gamers need some real role models who show that you do not have to use your tits to be taken seriously.


wow get that stick out of your asses. "its demeaning to women" bla bla. Like you never looked at porn before lol.

This is entertainment. Sex sells. Its a maxim contest for gamer girls, not some PC gamer contest for the best female gamer. They want a spokesmodel. You have to be hot. Thats it.

On another note, I seem to remember Virgin gaming logos in old school games. Not so much rescently though. I think they made/published NBA jam which was seriously awesome.


Putting gamer girls and soft porn 'actresses' in the same level is demeaning to gamer girls though.

Edit. What I mean is that gamer girls are already being discriminated against within the gaming community, and holding a soft porn gamer girl tournament just deepens that problem.


why is it demeaning to women to flaunt their shit? Its their choice. No one forced them to do it. They wanna make money. They like showing off. Whatever.

If Men's health makes a contest for gamer guys, who do you think will win? You think some scrawny kid whose good at games can win?
Mechafanboy
Profile Joined March 2012
2 Posts
April 06 2012 10:10 GMT
#760
On April 06 2012 17:58 StarSlay3r wrote:
... long quote is long. Not taking anything away from it, just no reason to keep quoting it and stretching the page ...


The problem with this line of thought is that the background of the magazine in question should be considered. Maxim is known to be a magazine that focuses more on nearly nude pictures of females. Expecting a decent article focusing solely on games out of that magazine is expecting there to be content in say... FHM(www.fhm.com/) or starring in a porno involving an iconic video game character and saying it promotes gaming. Now if this magazine was already an established magazine that focused on something else (technology/gadgets or gaming or something which doesn't actively objectify women), that line of thought would be valid but since it doesn't, I believe it would be hard to reach out to the gaming community involving females.

Now consider this, Maxim is asking for females with a reader base that is largely male. Either they're expecting males to choose females who are interesting to them or they're magically expecting female gamers to read Maxim. Somehow I find the latter hard to believe. For the former, it created the problem of the "gamergirls" now objectifying themselves.

The idea behind competing without objectifying yourself is perfectly fine and in fact commendable but assume you haven't entered the contest as of yet. The first thing you see are the current contestants and more than half of them are dressed as sluts. What is your reaction? Obviously I will need to be a slut in order to get any votes, I will pass this opportunity on OR I will join in and be even sluttier. Neither reaction is positive to girl gamers in general.

Furthermore, I know that Maxim CAN do something about this contest by enforcing that it's not a beauty contest or that they're looking for something less vague than popularity or even outright banning some contestants(seriously. there's two male contestants in a female gamer contest and you've deleted other accounts(FlyingToilet got an account deleted.).

I'll be pleasantly surprised if someone who is capable of producing good articles/videos on gaming arises but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we ended up with slut1/slut2/slut3 as the finalists.(To a lesser extent I would assume since the sponsors are the ones finalizing it.)

I'd also like to say that it doesn't MATTER if they win or lose too badly at this point. There's 500 slots open for contestants to be semi finalists. Hot_Bid could win every vote from TL and STILL be kicked out by the independant sponsors. Which means this contest's validity depends highly upon what the sponsor is looking for. I believe Hot_Bid and Anna Prosser both have enough votes to be considered in the top 500 at the least.

p.s It's also strange that they aren't locking votes to IP addresses during the initial votes but they are doing it for the finals but this isn't really related to any of the points I'm trying to bring up.
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech99
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 741
Soma 435
910 359
BeSt 330
Hyuk 302
Light 274
Horang2 250
Pusan 117
Dewaltoss 95
EffOrt 89
[ Show more ]
Jaedong 66
Shinee 56
Stork 55
Killer 48
ZerO 43
Mong 41
Yoon 38
Rush 32
Mind 30
Bale 27
Sharp 23
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 18
sorry 17
hero 11
Noble 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe294
League of Legends
JimRising 389
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1344
pashabiceps781
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2389
Khaldor614
Other Games
gofns31368
singsing1351
ceh9644
XBOCT361
DeMusliM175
Pyrionflax137
Mew2King137
ArmadaUGS43
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick626
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream246
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2245
League of Legends
• Jankos1508
• Stunt459
Other Games
• WagamamaTV150
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 13m
Stellar Fest
3h 13m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.