• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:28
CEST 06:28
KST 13:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8506 users

Foreigner In Korea - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
schooled_bc
Profile Joined October 2004
141 Posts
June 13 2005 02:35 GMT
#161
Unfortunatly I dont got many more, I lost a hole bunch when i dropped my camera when I was there
Izenra
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada679 Posts
June 13 2005 02:55 GMT
#162
On June 13 2005 09:36 MoltkeWarding wrote:
Soundwave has a legitimate question, I have my own take on this but instead of posting it I put the post in my opera notebook (the thing that I never use)

And in wealth Korea although better off than China isn't in the same class as Western Europe, Canada, the USA or Japan.


Yea maybe he was talking about north korea ( now I agree it is probably shitty ) but I saw some picture and video on television about Seoul. It is like any other major cities ( well you can tell some differences that is obvious). Koreans look like any Big cities western people ( apart from their face and tiny )
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
June 13 2005 03:21 GMT
#163
Izenra, where did you come to Canada from?
DooMeR
Profile Joined July 2003
United States1519 Posts
June 13 2005 03:54 GMT
#164
On June 12 2005 09:53 SwedishHero wrote:
rekrul its fucking crazy, every single picture ive seen of you , you look like a different person ,, :D


DUDE U HAVE NO IDEA HOW CRAZY THATS BEEN DRIVING ME! but since no one ever mentioned it, i didn't either. Ive seen like 9 pictures of the guy and every single one he looks dif. Sooo confusing -.-;

hes like a mutant or something i dunno =D
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
June 13 2005 06:33 GMT
#165
On June 13 2005 07:55 soundwave wrote:
rekrul I have a question, and please don't take it on too hard:

You seem like a nice person, willing to learn a lot, and ambitious. But somehow I sense that you are lost in your life, seeking for something you haven't been able to find. You see, I don't get how can a grown up young man moves from the states to another not so wealthy country

So my question is: In all this process of you being on your own, searching for what to do in your life, have you ever considered go to a specialist, like an Orienter or a Vocational Psychologist to help you find what you are looking for?


Rekrul senses that you know nothing about life, and are a fucking tool. Please don't take this too hard.

: - )
why so 진지해?
littlechava
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States7221 Posts
June 13 2005 07:50 GMT
#166

On June 13 2005 07:55 soundwave wrote:
rekrul I have a question, and please don't take it on too hard:

You seem like a nice person, willing to learn a lot, and ambitious. But somehow I sense that you are lost in your life, seeking for something you haven't been able to find. You see, I don't get how can a grown up young man moves from the states to another not so wealthy country

So my question is: In all this process of you being on your own, searching for what to do in your life, have you ever considered go to a specialist, like an Orienter or a Vocational Psychologist to help you find what you are looking for?[

Nobody should have to ask someone else to find out how to be happy in life
Entusman #12
Smorrie
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands2955 Posts
June 13 2005 09:06 GMT
#167
On June 13 2005 15:33 Rekrul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2005 07:55 soundwave wrote:
rekrul I have a question, and please don't take it on too hard:

You seem like a nice person, willing to learn a lot, and ambitious. But somehow I sense that you are lost in your life, seeking for something you haven't been able to find. You see, I don't get how can a grown up young man moves from the states to another not so wealthy country

So my question is: In all this process of you being on your own, searching for what to do in your life, have you ever considered go to a specialist, like an Orienter or a Vocational Psychologist to help you find what you are looking for?


Rekrul senses that you know nothing about life, and are a fucking tool. Please don't take this too hard.

: - )



^____^;
It has a strong technique, but it lacks oo.
Izenra
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada679 Posts
June 13 2005 12:58 GMT
#168
On June 13 2005 12:21 MPXMX wrote:
Izenra, where did you come to Canada from?


Why are you saying that I come from another country than Canada ?
The only part of the world where I could come from is France 400 years ago .



Rekrul question ( dunno if it has been already answer ) :
What is the general cost of a living there?

My brother went to China, and he was eating as much as he could for 0.17 USD! That is pretty low.
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-06-13 13:31:59
June 13 2005 13:24 GMT
#169
No offense but I feel that you don't use english like a native speaker should

forgive me if I am wrong, or maybe it's something to think about
Izenra
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada679 Posts
June 13 2005 13:37 GMT
#170
Native speaker?

I am not an english-speaker and I usually don't try to write the right way. I think of a French sentence to write and type it almost word for word haha.

_____________
J'ai 18 ans et j'ai faim moi je veux manger du gateau au chocolat car j'adore cela depuis longtemps -fr
I have 18 years old and I have hungry me I want eat cake chocolate because I love this for longtime. -eng
___________________

lol
I'm busy man, yo, no time to lose yo
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
June 13 2005 14:02 GMT
#171
I forgot I lived in a bilungual country. Sorry
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
June 13 2005 14:57 GMT
#172
On June 13 2005 07:55 soundwave wrote:
rekrul I have a question, and please don't take it on too hard:

You seem like a nice person, willing to learn a lot, and ambitious. But somehow I sense that you are lost in your life, seeking for something you haven't been able to find. You see, I don't get how can a grown up young man moves from the states to another not so wealthy country

So my question is: In all this process of you being on your own, searching for what to do in your life, have you ever considered go to a specialist, like an Orienter or a Vocational Psychologist to help you find what you are looking for?



??? srry but when did the crazy psycho anilists start to puruse these forums? ^.-
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
June 13 2005 16:07 GMT
#173
If I was taking a trip to korean, and on an average day I want to take the taxi everywhere, go to a few clubs, some restaurants etc. How many days would say $2000 last me? Including hotel fee's and such.

$2000 is just a benchmark it doesn't really matter, just I am saving up for Singapore durring WCG, I might just put it off get a ton of money and go somewhere else worth while.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Orlandu
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
China2450 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-06-13 16:33:59
June 13 2005 16:33 GMT
#174
It was particularly interesting to read this, for several reasons. First off, learning so much of the every day things in another culture that people take for granted is always interesting. But even more so, the Asian culture in particular is far more interesting to me than any part of the world. I have spent many, many years studying and learning about Asian culture, and still love to hear about life in those places. But even more so, I feel I can relate to parts of what you wrote. To me, it seemed like you were presenting the writing as if it was a big adventure of self-discovery, an event that helped you clear your mind and help you decide a bit more about who you were and what life was really all about. A lot of us are going through stuff like that, and although it's not always a common subject for people, it is interesting to hear about it, especially for a situation as unique as yours.

Definitely keep up with the updates, I don't think there's a single person who doesn't enjoy them. But as for my own questions, you did a pretty good job of covering most of the Korean aspects, so what do you plan to do while you're back in the USA? Just visit family and relax, or anything in particular?
We cant give up just because things arent the way we want them to be.
ChoboCop
Profile Joined July 2004
United States954 Posts
June 13 2005 17:36 GMT
#175
Anyone around the tri-state area Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan that want to get together for some SC this summer hit me up. Dan hit me up. We have about 8 LT players between Cincinnati and Dayton.
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
June 13 2005 17:49 GMT
#176
Orlandu: Just a 'vacataion' if I can call it that lol.

family, friends, poker...basically relaxing
why so 진지해?
SwedishHero
Profile Joined April 2005
Sweden869 Posts
June 13 2005 18:31 GMT
#177
On June 13 2005 12:54 DooMeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2005 09:53 SwedishHero wrote:
rekrul its fucking crazy, every single picture ive seen of you , you look like a different person ,, :D


DUDE U HAVE NO IDEA HOW CRAZY THATS BEEN DRIVING ME! but since no one ever mentioned it, i didn't either. Ive seen like 9 pictures of the guy and every single one he looks dif. Sooo confusing -.-;

hes like a mutant or something i dunno =D


man i feel you :DD, some weird CIA shit going on, he wont even comment it for us!
Italiano??...no...no italiano?
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
June 14 2005 00:36 GMT
#178
On June 13 2005 05:07 jacen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2005 03:57 haduken wrote:
lol so that blog ban in China is for real?

well ... put 1 and 1 together ...
you are in china
+
you cant access any blogspot blogs

...



Actually, in China I can't access half the websites for some reason. I have no idea whether this is related to internet connectivity.
w)Gs(AsTe-
Profile Joined May 2005
Colombia1 Post
June 14 2005 01:11 GMT
#179
in my country u can drink at any age because anybody give a shit :D and u can moke whatever u want COLOMBIA Rlz :D
t t
Orlandu
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
China2450 Posts
June 14 2005 02:46 GMT
#180
On June 14 2005 02:36 ChoboCop wrote:
Anyone around the tri-state area Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan that want to get together for some SC this summer hit me up. Dan hit me up. We have about 8 LT players between Cincinnati and Dayton.

I'm from Louisville (which isn't too far away from Cinci or Dayton, 1 and 2 hours respectively the way I drive). Not that I play SC really anymore, but if something gets organized I might tag along.
We cant give up just because things arent the way we want them to be.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 248
FoxeR 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4594
Leta 1831
ViBE126
Bale 50
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Other Games
summit1g8565
WinterStarcraft519
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick591
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota250
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Lourlo975
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 32m
Patches Events
10h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
OSC
18h 32m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.