• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:35
CEST 19:35
KST 02:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8872 users

Best speech ever? - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Ahmose
Profile Joined May 2011
United States21 Posts
October 12 2011 16:43 GMT
#61
On October 13 2011 00:04 ey215 wrote:
In the computer lab on campus without my earbuds so I can't confirm the youtube videos are the one I want, so I'll copy the speech instead.

Shakespeare's Saint Crispen's Day Speech from Henry V

+ Show Spoiler +
Enter the KING
WESTMORELAND. O that we now had here
But one ten thousand of those men in England
That do no work to-day!

KING. What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.




This is the best I could find.

"but I being poor have only my dreams, tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
October 12 2011 16:50 GMT
#62
One does not simply walk into mordor
HyperLink
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada172 Posts
October 12 2011 16:50 GMT
#63
A woman is a lot like a refrigerator. 6 feet tall, 300 pounds... it makes ice.
Nocteo
Profile Joined December 2010
Belgium799 Posts
October 12 2011 16:59 GMT
#64


I really like this one.
ey215
Profile Joined June 2010
United States546 Posts
October 12 2011 18:19 GMT
#65
On October 13 2011 01:43 Ahmose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 00:04 ey215 wrote:
In the computer lab on campus without my earbuds so I can't confirm the youtube videos are the one I want, so I'll copy the speech instead.

Shakespeare's Saint Crispen's Day Speech from Henry V

+ Show Spoiler +
Enter the KING
WESTMORELAND. O that we now had here
But one ten thousand of those men in England
That do no work to-day!

KING. What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin;
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires.
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England.
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more methinks would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made,
And crowns for convoy put into his purse;
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian.'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispian's day.'
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words-
Harry the King, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.




This is the best I could find.

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luqr-UX_oSM


You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you. I love that scene.
Archontas
Profile Joined September 2010
United States319 Posts
October 12 2011 18:22 GMT
#66
On October 12 2011 23:43 boon2537 wrote:

I can't help myself


I opened this thread to post this.

I think its the childhood movie memory effect.
If you ban me, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Kevan
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2303 Posts
October 12 2011 18:29 GMT
#67
On October 12 2011 23:59 ELA wrote:
Can't believe anyone hasnt posted this yet



This is the best one. Seriously.
SC2, rip in pepperinos
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
October 12 2011 18:32 GMT
#68
On October 13 2011 01:59 Nocteo wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowB5wNPvWQ

I really like this one.


I was wondering if anyone posted this. May not be the _best_ speech there is, but really great nevertheless.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
October 12 2011 18:37 GMT
#69
can anyone guess this one? i thought it was cool the first time i heard it.

"Zion hear me! It is true what many of you have heard. The machines have gathered an army and as I speak that army is drawing nearer to our home. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us but if we are to be prepared for it we must first shed our fear of it. I stand hear before you now truly unafraid! Why?! Because I believe something you do not? No! I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am hear not because of the path that lay before me.. but because of the path that lies behind me! I remember that for one hundred years we have fought these machines! I remember that for one-hundred years they have sent their armies to destroy us and after a century of war I remember that which matters most! We are still here! tonight let us send a message to that army! Let us shake this cave! Tonight let us tremble these walls of earth, steel and stone! Let us be heard from red core to black sky! Tonight let us make them remember this is Zion and we are not afraid!"
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Snayven
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany3 Posts
October 12 2011 18:43 GMT
#70
Fuck all other goals - I just wanna be nice | Day[9]
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
October 12 2011 18:44 GMT
#71
On October 13 2011 03:37 jinorazi wrote:
can anyone guess this one? i thought it was cool the first time i heard it.

"Zion hear me! It is true what many of you have heard. The machines have gathered an army and as I speak that army is drawing nearer to our home. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us but if we are to be prepared for it we must first shed our fear of it. I stand hear before you now truly unafraid! Why?! Because I believe something you do not? No! I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am hear not because of the path that lay before me.. but because of the path that lies behind me! I remember that for one hundred years we have fought these machines! I remember that for one-hundred years they have sent their armies to destroy us and after a century of war I remember that which matters most! We are still here! tonight let us send a message to that army! Let us shake this cave! Tonight let us tremble these walls of earth, steel and stone! Let us be heard from red core to black sky! Tonight let us make them remember this is Zion and we are not afraid!"


soon as I saw Zion, knew it was matrix.
~ The Ultimate Weapon
PlanitDuck
Profile Joined July 2011
United States36 Posts
October 12 2011 18:48 GMT
#72


The greatest!
I'm pretty tired. Think i'll go home now.
ey215
Profile Joined June 2010
United States546 Posts
October 12 2011 18:48 GMT
#73
Surprised this one isn't posted yet, Kennedy's Inaugural Address:



One from Jimmy V:







Ygz
Profile Joined June 2010
England370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 18:59:05
October 12 2011 18:58 GMT
#74
On the atomic bomb.

Everything Newton said.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17927 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 19:11:27
October 12 2011 19:01 GMT
#75
This Speech Occurred In Vancouver. They Rioted over hockey losses in 1994 and 2011.

And they boo-ed a team of volunteers off the ice in 1972 in a disgraceful disgusting display that has now proven to be a pattern for a city that can't handle losing.




And Here Is Why Murder Is Moral

Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
NukeD
Profile Joined October 2010
Croatia1612 Posts
October 12 2011 19:46 GMT
#76
Most inspirational speech ive ever heard.

sorry for dem one liners
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 19:54:55
October 12 2011 19:51 GMT
#77


echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
October 12 2011 19:54 GMT
#78
From one of my if not my favorite comedians.





"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
sOvrn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States678 Posts
October 12 2011 20:02 GMT
#79


WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR??? HELL NO!!!
My favorites: Terran - Maru // Protoss - SoS // Zerg - soO ~~~ fighting!
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 20:13:08
October 12 2011 20:09 GMT
#80
On October 12 2011 22:29 Zappymong wrote:
I think this is great:

Charlie Chaplin - final speech in The Great Dictator (1940)




pause at 1:18
and then play these two vids together
+ Show Spoiler +
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
17:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 25m
Patches Events
21h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.