• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:35
CEST 19:35
KST 02:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8872 users

Best speech ever? - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
October 12 2011 15:13 GMT
#41
The network, an awesoem film that was made 30 years ago and still 100% representative of our world



another great film: 25hours

n_n
Katzenaal
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany194 Posts
October 12 2011 15:15 GMT
#42
The speech of Griffith in the anime Berserk where he talks about what a person would be a real friend to him.

Or where he talks about his dream. both epic.

cant find them on youtube :/
WTFZerg
Profile Joined February 2011
United States704 Posts
October 12 2011 15:15 GMT
#43
On October 12 2011 23:14 DisneylandSC wrote:
I have posted this before in some thread on teamliquid but I will post this again, as it has shaped my thoughts quite a lot. It is a speech about freedom of speech which he gave in Canada during some debate about a proposed Canadian law to stiffle free speech with respect to (because of) religious sensitivities.









Smart guy.
Might makes right.
FreshVegetables
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Finland513 Posts
October 12 2011 15:20 GMT
#44


Easily the best speech ever <3
yummy tomatoes
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 12 2011 15:23 GMT
#45
On October 12 2011 23:51 Serelitz wrote:
I can't believe nobody has linked this yet, one of the best and certainly one of the most (if not the most) influental speeches in modern history

+ Show Spoiler [I HAVE A DREAM] +


I was suprised that this wasn't one of the first one's personally, this is in my opinion the greatest speech I have ever heard.

Charlie Chaplins was also pretty amazing though.
WriterXiao8~~
Zefa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States297 Posts
October 12 2011 15:30 GMT
#46
Colbert's speech at the correspondence dinner

R3m3mb3rM3
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany954 Posts
October 12 2011 15:31 GMT
#47

no competition for this
Zaranth
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States345 Posts
October 12 2011 15:40 GMT
#48
This one always gives me goosebumps no matter how many times I see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdnqZcmWk8U

Theoden's speech to the Riders of Rohan just before they charge into the orcs at Minas Tirith.

God I love those movies.
Maker of Cheerfuls @eZaranth
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
October 12 2011 15:40 GMT
#49
On October 13 2011 00:23 Kipsate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2011 23:51 Serelitz wrote:
I can't believe nobody has linked this yet, one of the best and certainly one of the most (if not the most) influental speeches in modern history

+ Show Spoiler [I HAVE A DREAM] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60m831gtz_U


I was suprised that this wasn't one of the first one's personally, this is in my opinion the greatest speech I have ever heard.

Charlie Chaplins was also pretty amazing though.

Well, it would probably (and rightfully so) win a vote for #1 and also has to be the most known one anyway. So I guess it's almost unnecessary to name it :p
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
October 12 2011 15:43 GMT
#50
On October 13 2011 00:40 Carnac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 00:23 Kipsate wrote:
On October 12 2011 23:51 Serelitz wrote:
I can't believe nobody has linked this yet, one of the best and certainly one of the most (if not the most) influental speeches in modern history

+ Show Spoiler [I HAVE A DREAM] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60m831gtz_U


I was suprised that this wasn't one of the first one's personally, this is in my opinion the greatest speech I have ever heard.

Charlie Chaplins was also pretty amazing though.

Well, it would probably (and rightfully so) win a vote for #1 and also has to be the most known one anyway. So I guess it's almost unnecessary to name it :p

When I saw this thread, I immediatly thought of that speech. So yea I think that it would easily win the #1.
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
October 12 2011 15:48 GMT
#51
Mark Anthony's speech in "Julius Caesar". It's so perfect and I have a huge grin on my face everytime I hear/read it.

"For Brutus is an honourable man"
...
"And Brutus is an honourable man"
...

You can feel how the atmosphere is changing.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
October 12 2011 15:50 GMT
#52
On October 13 2011 00:20 FreshVegetables wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6bVj-nTkiU

Easily the best speech ever <3


Seconded +

Noro
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada991 Posts
October 12 2011 15:51 GMT
#53
On October 12 2011 23:43 boon2537 wrote:

I can't help myself


+1

User was warned for this post
Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
targ
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Malaysia445 Posts
October 12 2011 15:52 GMT
#54
I think it's the Gettysburg Address.
http://billyfoong.blogspot.com/ my other opinions are here
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
October 12 2011 15:55 GMT
#55
On October 13 2011 00:48 ChrisXIV wrote:
Mark Anthony's speech in "Julius Caesar". It's so perfect and I have a huge grin on my face everytime I hear/read it.

"For Brutus is an honourable man"
...
"And Brutus is an honourable man"
...

You can feel how the atmosphere is changing.

Oooh, I remember that, such a good speech. Really highlight that a crowd is nothing but sheeps.
RoMGraViTy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States314 Posts
October 12 2011 15:55 GMT
#56
Try one of these:



"Khaldor is a younger version of Goro from Mortal Kombat" - Tasteless
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
October 12 2011 15:56 GMT
#57
WTF WTF GUYS COME ON!! THE MOST IMPORTANT SPEECH EVER WIHTOUT A DOUBT:



It makes me cry.
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
Djin)ftw(
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Germany3357 Posts
October 12 2011 16:03 GMT
#58


i havent even watched the whole movie lol
"jk CLG best mindgames using the baron to counterthrow" - boesthius
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 16:13:12
October 12 2011 16:12 GMT
#59
always gives me chills when i hear it



Pretty awesome and hilarious speech



Jon Stewart is awesome

azarat
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-12 16:25:27
October 12 2011 16:24 GMT
#60
If I might be so bold as to post someone from my own small homeland, it would be David Lange's Oxford Union debate speech from March 1985, where he argued (successfully) that "Nuclear Weapons are Morally Indefensible" against an American team headed by the Rev. Jerry Falwell. Lange was the sitting Prime Minister of New Zealand at the time, and the speech highlights his amazing oratorical skills.

The full speech (30 minutes) can be listened to at:
publicaddress.net/great-new-zealand-argument/nuclear-weapons-are-morally-indefensible-1/
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
17:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 219
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16157
Leta 1045
Shuttle 531
Horang2 227
Trap 124
firebathero 120
Zeus 83
Hyun 56
Bale 48
soO 48
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 34
Rock 28
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 15
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
qojqva1894
420jenkins463
Counter-Strike
fl0m4548
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu396
Other Games
Grubby2317
Beastyqt726
FrodaN715
KnowMe217
Livibee140
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick431
StarCraft 2
angryscii 16
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 50
• printf 50
• Adnapsc2 21
• Hinosc 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• FirePhoenix16
• Michael_bg 11
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur635
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 25m
Patches Events
21h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.