• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8357 users

[Q] E-sportsbar in Stockholm. - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Body_Shield
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada3373 Posts
May 19 2011 18:04 GMT
#141
Well I wouldn't exclusively make it Starcraft themed at all, I don't think you really want to decorate the place themed on any game at all. Make it a regular bar, and instead of sports paraphernalia on the walls, have autographed pictures of Day9, along with people from all ESPORTS, which sadly would include Halo (sorry I'm a PC guy), but we can't discriminate against our brothers
So, five-card stud, nothing wild... and the sky's the limit
Hasse
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden579 Posts
May 19 2011 18:47 GMT
#142
On May 20 2011 03:04 Body_Shield wrote:
Well I wouldn't exclusively make it Starcraft themed at all, I don't think you really want to decorate the place themed on any game at all. Make it a regular bar, and instead of sports paraphernalia on the walls, have autographed pictures of Day9, along with people from all ESPORTS, which sadly would include Halo (sorry I'm a PC guy), but we can't discriminate against our brothers


Most definitely!
You can get alot more with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word - Al Capone
dignitasNewmaN
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden137 Posts
May 19 2011 19:22 GMT
#143
Don't wanna rain on your parade but to be fair an esports themed bar would not work at all, I like the idea though but I would start with an esports themed night out. Like esports after work or similar.

If that works out maybe do something once a month, then increase frequency
Team Dignitas Founder & Communications Director - @dignitasNewmaN on twitter.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 19 2011 19:24 GMT
#144
I would be wary about your poll numbers. How many of those voters are actually from around stockholm?
Vapaach
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland994 Posts
May 19 2011 19:24 GMT
#145
I would love it love it love it. And some people would most likely come there even if they didn't even know about e-sports, so I don't see it as a too big of a commitment.
If you never try you never know. Sase - Mana - TLO - WhiteRa - Naniwa - Sheth - HuK
anatem
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania1369 Posts
May 19 2011 19:33 GMT
#146
a full time esports bar would be quite amazing, and if you were to make one i don't think there's a better place in the western world to get one started than Sweden, possibly one of the major US cities or Germany.
'Tis with our Judgements as our Watches, none / Go just alike, yet each believes his own.
astroorion
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1022 Posts
May 19 2011 19:49 GMT
#147
I think this can be totally possible to do in the US. All you have to do is talk to a bar owner and see if you can rent it out and try it for the night and then if it works make a business out of it
MLG Admin | Astro.631 NA
Frallan
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden56 Posts
May 19 2011 19:49 GMT
#148
Being from Sweden I think it's essential that SC2 is not the only esport shown at the bar. As you said in the title, HoN, CS and SC2 would be the big ones. Maybe throw in a bit of Quake live since these are currently the most popular games in Sweden currently. Im not 18 myself but I would be very interested to going to an Esports bar.
Hellie
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden94 Posts
May 19 2011 19:58 GMT
#149
So when do you think that this will go live? Late summer? Earlier? Later? I'm trying to plan my summer here.
It's the least I can do.
FerdinanDkapaow
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden17 Posts
May 19 2011 20:15 GMT
#150
This would be amazing, would even come up from Skåne just for that ;>>
wat
Prixm
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden145 Posts
May 19 2011 20:16 GMT
#151
If this is gonna happend. Call me, I would love to work for you, I would be your personal slave (but with pay ofcourse haha). Im serious too :D
Snerren
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden58 Posts
May 19 2011 20:41 GMT
#152
Dude if you get this done you would be king!

I live in Stockholm and I would definetly show up!
I'll take you all on!
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
May 19 2011 20:48 GMT
#153
What games or events will be featured in the bar?
-Besides sc2, will there be cs, quake?
-Will MLG, WCG be featured?
-how will you keep up with the various gaming scenes?
I'm Quotable (IQ)
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
May 19 2011 20:50 GMT
#154
On May 20 2011 00:17 Damian wrote:
"We should totally open a bar!" :D

HIMYM reference?
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
413X
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden203 Posts
May 19 2011 21:04 GMT
#155
DOOOOOO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no seriously...


DOOOOOO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pro noob
Encrym
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden25 Posts
May 19 2011 21:07 GMT
#156
I think that this is a great idea. You would probably have a lot more regulars than other bars, since there really is no place for gamers to meet their peers.. Sure, LAN-events and pc-bangs are great, but they are really not that social.

I don't think the 18-year age limit will be a problem either. Myself, I would be really annoyed if there was a younger crowd, who would just scream way too much and ruin the mood. Amongs my friends and I, I think around 10 would want to visit about once a week if a good place like this existed in a location near the red metro line.
Hasse
Profile Joined November 2003
Sweden579 Posts
May 19 2011 21:13 GMT
#157
On May 20 2011 04:24 travis wrote:
I would be wary about your poll numbers. How many of those voters are actually from around stockholm?


I actually pmed the mods to see if I could get the the numbers from sweden only, but apparantly its not that easy to get =(

On May 20 2011 05:48 archonOOid wrote:
What games or events will be featured in the bar?
-Besides sc2, will there be cs, quake?
-Will MLG, WCG be featured?
-how will you keep up with the various gaming scenes?


its been posted throughout the thread, but my intentions are showing HoN, SC2, WoW and a bit of CS. It all depends on what the crowd wants ofcourse.

As long as there's streams,vods or even Battle Reports i'll show them, I just need to contact the associated organizations to see if they have any problems with me showing them in a public area.

Keeping up with the HoN and SC2 scenes will be easy as i'm fairly up-to-date on those just by pure interest. Quake, CS, LoL and WoW if the customers ask for it i'll get updated and show them.

I dont intend on being the allknowing source of all sorts of gaming, but I do intend on getting bartenders who follow different genres of gaming so they can cover the areas where I have no interest.

This is still all in theory of course, i'm still faaaaaar from making this happen.
You can get alot more with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word - Al Capone
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
May 19 2011 21:26 GMT
#158
I'd LOVE IT!
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Fortitudosc
Profile Joined March 2011
United States7 Posts
May 19 2011 21:36 GMT
#159
If I lived in Stockholm I would only drink at that bar
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
May 19 2011 21:44 GMT
#160
I don't drink but I'd love to be in the social setting of an e-sports bar!
I <3 Plexa.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 555
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4112
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox634
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor995
Other Games
summit1g9938
shahzam590
Day[9].tv561
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft184
C9.Mang096
ArmadaUGS95
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie748
• Day9tv561
• Scarra530
• Shiphtur182
Upcoming Events
OSC
6m
CranKy Ducklings3
Stellar Fest
13h 6m
OSC
22h 6m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.