• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7197 users

[Music] A State of Trance 500 - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
February 26 2011 02:35 GMT
#21
If it was closer than literally on the other side of the country then yes I would go.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
javy_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1677 Posts
February 26 2011 03:30 GMT
#22
On February 26 2011 06:01 Lebesgue wrote:
His recent tracks are uninspiring... I mean, there are dozens of better productions. He used to produce quality trance. Now it all sounds generic and boring.

I used to be his fan but now I don't enjoy his shows as much any more.


I feel exactly the same about all of the current big names in trance. I got into electronic music through trance. But now, I abhor most of the stuff released labeled as "trance" or "progressive trance" over the past 5 to 6 years because of the constant rehashing of the same handful of loops and beats. At first I thought this shift in trance sounded good, but now I just simply don't enjoy most of it. But, at least, it gets more people listening to electronic music.
♪~( ̄。 ̄)
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
February 26 2011 03:34 GMT
#23
I'm in Miami RIGHT NOW for february vacation, but I have to leave tomorrow...

*sigh*
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
February 26 2011 03:35 GMT
#24
ASOT is the best music to listen when you are playing bw <3
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
haduken
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia8267 Posts
February 26 2011 03:38 GMT
#25
I'm thinking of going to the Sydney one if I can find some friends to go with.
Rillanon.au
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
February 26 2011 04:32 GMT
#26
On February 26 2011 11:26 Lebesgue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2011 06:20 Keitzer wrote:
On February 26 2011 06:01 Lebesgue wrote:
His recent tracks are uninspiring... I mean, there are dozens of better productions. He used to produce quality trance. Now it all sounds generic and boring.

I used to be his fan but now I don't enjoy his shows as much any more.


Old ones like Never Say Never and In and Out of Love?


Old ones like Control Freak, The Sound of Goodbye, Zocalo or Serenity. Pretty much anything he produced before Shivers (including that album). I feel like he never reached that level again afterwards.

"In and out of love" is probably my favourite Armin's productions in recent years (mainly because of the beautiful vocal). I am not huge fan of Never Say Never...


ya, those are really good
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
Wasteweiser
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada522 Posts
February 26 2011 04:56 GMT
#27
wow he's up to 500 now? haven't listened to ASOT in awhile because sometimes it goes in a direction that doesnt intrest me, but armin is definitly an amazing artist doing a great service, definitly going to listen in on this, cant go because of school or i would

Any idea on the set length? seems like 12 hours on the website which is fucking long
Obitus.243
Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
February 26 2011 05:00 GMT
#28
On February 26 2011 13:56 Wasteweiser wrote:
wow he's up to 500 now? haven't listened to ASOT in awhile because sometimes it goes in a direction that doesnt intrest me, but armin is definitly an amazing artist doing a great service, definitly going to listen in on this, cant go because of school or i would

Any idea on the set length? seems like 12 hours on the website which is fucking long


if you click on "details" spoiler tag... it lists the times (EST, PST, and CET) for all the events (except Sydney)
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
The PWNion
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada39 Posts
February 26 2011 06:46 GMT
#29
On February 25 2011 16:24 decafchicken wrote:
I'd sell my left nut to go to Miami... Almost considered skippinga lot of shit and going broke to get there. Phenomenal line up.

I have relatives there. I also have savings that are meant to pay off my student loans.......
News From the Heart
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
February 26 2011 07:01 GMT
#30
Been listening to his stuff for 10 years now, pretty amazing that he is still up there.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
February 26 2011 09:27 GMT
#31
On February 26 2011 06:27 MetalMarine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2011 04:41 ICanFlyLow wrote:
I can make better songs imo


Prove it...


I will :D
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
VoiceOfDecember
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia206 Posts
March 02 2011 03:50 GMT
#32
YEA SYDNEY WOOOOOOOOO
If I keep making drones and expanding while fending off their attacks, I'm sure to win...right?
Sarchasm
Profile Joined April 2010
South Africa64 Posts
March 02 2011 08:56 GMT
#33
definitely flying to Johannesburg for this :D :D :D
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
March 02 2011 10:10 GMT
#34
Got my ticket for Ultra as soon as I heard a portion of a 50th episode was being held in the states.

Flying to Miami on the 25th, can't wait.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
March 02 2011 10:32 GMT
#35
I used to dl ASOT weekly back when mininova was running, now I forget most of the time
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
fabulously
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway724 Posts
March 02 2011 10:37 GMT
#36
Oh, how I wish I could attend. Absolutely love ASOT and Armin, been my favorite for so many years.
Welcome back ROOT-gaming - you were never forgotten <3
DukE_ss
Profile Joined June 2007
United States689 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-04 06:06:08
March 04 2011 05:59 GMT
#37
On February 25 2011 19:09 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2011 16:41 Rowa wrote:
Been to the 450, one of best decisions in my whole life, the gig was epic. If u got the smallest chance to go, try your might.

WTF Den Bosch Lineup... scary.


Holy hell i didn't even look at the den bosch line up...thats absolutely unbelievably massive. Like if someone was just like "hey name all the great trance artists until you cant think of any more" and then threw them all in one show. what the hell.


Well it is in the Netherlands, which is pretty much king of Trance! So I wouldn't expect anything less. I'm also so happy to see some of the big names playing together like: Ferry Corsten, Above & Beyond, Gareth Emery, Cosmic Gate, and Markus Schulz. I do realize that Cosmic Gate, Markus Schulz, and Gareth Emery have played in previous ASOT live events, but still they are top DJ's nonetheless. I love seeing top DJ's putting their egos aside and playing together.
“When we seek to discover the best in others, we somehow bring out the best in ourselves.” William Arthur Ward "You are what you think, You become what you think, What you think becomes reality." Phil Hellmuth
zolthie
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden57 Posts
March 09 2011 12:21 GMT
#38
Fuck the lineup in Den Bosch is SICK, I really should go there.
stfu
hubson
Profile Joined April 2009
Sweden93 Posts
March 09 2011 12:28 GMT
#39
beyond epicness! Sick lineups and congrats Armin van Buuren to 500th episode!! He is the greatest! Thanks for a cool thread!
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
March 09 2011 12:32 GMT
#40
I' m so pissed ASOT 500 was bundled with Ultra. This was never (originally) supposed to happen according to the various trance forum goers when a venue was being decided last year. But bundling with Ultra probably means a LOT more people/guaranteed entry.

Ultra is just... so expensive and annoying >:[
Moderator
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 145
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2326
Shuttle 1765
Artosis 563
Bale 37
NaDa 34
Dewaltoss 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift3903
Counter-Strike
taco 411
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor918
Other Games
summit1g8451
JimRising 603
C9.Mang0335
PiGStarcraft308
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV276
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP131
• Hupsaiya 122
• davetesta20
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo308
Other Games
• Scarra754
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
10h 14m
OSC
19h 14m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 7h
Online Event
1d 8h
FEL
1d 13h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.