• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:25
CEST 06:25
KST 13:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8122 users

[P] How old are you TLer? - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
Powerpill
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States1693 Posts
January 12 2011 20:35 GMT
#101
On January 13 2011 05:19 Danjoh wrote:
I remember playing SC when it was new, but everyone was just using a cracked version, so we could never play online, only custom games against computer or at a LAN, usually BGH. (And besides, do you have any idea how expensive it was to go online for 30 minutes on a 56k modem those days?! I sure don't, but my mom said it was very expensive!)

And my version of starcraft had missing Corsair sounds, so whenever the corsair would try to attack, or I'd make one and click on it, the game would crash on me -_-

Kinda sad I've missed out on so much competetive gaming (considering I never enjoyed the FPS scene iether..).

24 this summer btw.


You could get good dial up for 20 bucks a month unlimited back then :p

Anyway, 28 here, got into war2 initially playing 1v1's with friends via modem (pre battle.net), and got Starcraft when it first game out. Joined TL way back in 2002, but haven't played much at all since 2003, which just shows the quality of and how addicting this site can be
The pretty things are going to hell, they wore it out but they wore it well
gongryong
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)1430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 20:39:02
January 12 2011 20:35 GMT
#102
On January 13 2011 04:21 Drteeth wrote:
44, I reckon I'm one of the oldest, but definately not wisest.


nice!

RE: DIAL UP
Was it 1995 that internet really went mainstream? i remember 1hour cost $1.5 in PC Bangs back in 98. wow how time flies indeed.
JAEDONG ÜBERBONJWA!
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
January 12 2011 21:21 GMT
#103
I am 24. First played BW in 1998 and I remember having dial up back in 1996 when I was 10
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
January 12 2011 21:27 GMT
#104
15 almost 16
133 221 333 123 111
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
January 12 2011 21:31 GMT
#105
21, started playing starcraft around the time broodwar was released. I remember watching my friends play and I was especially intrigued by flying terran buildings, battlecruisers and burrowing hydras. :D Starcraft felt so special back then, wish I could get that feeling back.
SpoR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1542 Posts
January 12 2011 21:38 GMT
#106
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=119751

Make a new thread like this one for 2011 imo
A man is what he thinks about all day long.
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
January 12 2011 21:42 GMT
#107
19. Have not been keeping up with SC2 at all. Still love watching BW
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
January 12 2011 21:43 GMT
#108
21, best age ever.
The legend of Darien lives on
proxY_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1561 Posts
January 12 2011 21:44 GMT
#109
24, I feel old.
TheBB
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Switzerland5133 Posts
January 12 2011 21:45 GMT
#110
BW first generation... I like the sound of it . 26.
http://aligulac.com || Barcraft Switzerland! || Zerg best race. || Stats-poster extraordinaire.
Hirmu
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Finland850 Posts
January 12 2011 21:47 GMT
#111
16! First played bw when i was 6 and i feel good about that!
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
January 12 2011 21:48 GMT
#112
21, first played Starcraft back in 1998. Played mostly against computers with my cousin, and just spammed mass carriers.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
HAUER
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark208 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 21:50:28
January 12 2011 21:48 GMT
#113
26 years old. StarCraft 1998. Several thousand games on 56k dial-up. :|
(sym): i think of myself as a savant of the internet
Kazragore
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States369 Posts
January 12 2011 21:55 GMT
#114
17. I played BW very casually with one of my friends when we were probably 12 or 13, we tried to set up a LAN at his house but neither of us knew what we were doing haha. Played a lot of WC3 though, so I'd say that that was my first real RTS (and now of course I'm playin SC2)
Imagine if i had a REAL weapon
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 21:58:39
January 12 2011 21:56 GMT
#115
25 but sometimes I feel like I am 30...

edit: had forgotten about Dial up ...I remember having to make sure no one used the phone at my house when I played SC with my friends. If they tried to dial out I would get kicked out of game , lol those were the days!
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
January 12 2011 21:59 GMT
#116
On January 13 2011 06:44 proxY_ wrote:
24, I feel old.


I am 28, what should i say? YEAH I AM OLD!

Started playing sc on my own comp back in the days, but i dint have internet. I was spending a lot of time with my friends at internet caffes, lol nights usually, ha the lovely times of 4/4 3/3 2/2, i was quite a casual player till the first wcg though. I didnt even know why starts i was doing were working, they just did.....or not
Pathetic Greta hater.
JayConn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States408 Posts
January 12 2011 22:06 GMT
#117
17. I think I got SC1 around 2002 when I was 8/9. Got it for $1 at a flea market, lol. I never played seriously though, spending most of my time playing bunker wars with my friend.
Greyhawk
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia110 Posts
January 12 2011 22:07 GMT
#118
I'm 19 and started playing SC2 2 weeks ago. >< I DID play bw thought before i purchased sc2, so i could get used to a little mechanics though
ShoCk-
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
January 12 2011 22:08 GMT
#119
On January 13 2011 05:35 gongryong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 04:21 Drteeth wrote:
44, I reckon I'm one of the oldest, but definately not wisest.


nice!

RE: DIAL UP
Was it 1995 that internet really went mainstream? i remember 1hour cost $1.5 in PC Bangs back in 98. wow how time flies indeed.

yes it went mainstream with windows 95
loading winsock etc in 3.11 was alot more complicated than getting internet working in 95
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
r3z3nd3
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil522 Posts
January 12 2011 22:11 GMT
#120
I'm 21 =)
Born to fast expand
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 251
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 606
Larva 405
Leta 68
NaDa 46
TT1 20
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft443
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1228
BasetradeTV256
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota292
League of Legends
• Rush1172
• Lourlo807
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 35m
INu's Battles
7h 35m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 35m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 35m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 35m
Replay Cast
18h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.