• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:14
CEST 23:14
KST 06:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8024 users

What is your Religious Identification? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
HobbitGotGame
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada178 Posts
September 20 2010 04:32 GMT
#21
Agnostic.
njnick
Profile Joined August 2010
United States176 Posts
September 20 2010 04:33 GMT
#22
On September 20 2010 13:28 DTown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2010 13:25 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Agnostic Atheist, as being agnostic in and of itself is a form of not believing in God. I don't think the two should really be separated on the poll.

I disagree, they are very different. An atheist says "I do not believe in God." An agnostic thinks that Atheist is just as ludicrous for claiming a disbelief in God as the religious person is in claiming a belief in God. While they both imply a degree of belief less than that of a religious person, their religious views are far from being identical.


NO Atheist is a lack of belief that is all. Agnosticism is say one cannot know if there is a god therefore I am an agnostic atheist and I’m pretty sure the vast majority of atheist are AA.
The_Pacifist
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States540 Posts
September 20 2010 04:33 GMT
#23
Given the age distribution on TL, the percentage of atheists isn't much of a surprise.
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
September 20 2010 04:35 GMT
#24
Does believing in a god=religious? I believe that a god created the universe under natural laws but I don't follow any kind of religion or religious practices. This poll doesn't work for me. ><
GoShox
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1845 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 04:36:46
September 20 2010 04:35 GMT
#25
Raised in a Christian, very conservative home and that's obviously really had an effect on me. I'm a freshman in college for what it's worth. I've been pretty hurt by many people that profess to be Christians and have been kind of turned away from the religion itself, which brings up the argument of if you can judge a god by his followers.

I do think that there's some higher power out there, but I'm not too sure what religion is actually right, if any.
IPlaySC
Profile Joined June 2010
United States79 Posts
September 20 2010 04:35 GMT
#26
Roman Catholic
Droodjerky
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 04:37:29
September 20 2010 04:35 GMT
#27
Ok, I'll be the one to explain this ><

Theist = Belief in a god
Atheist = Without belief in a god
Gnostic = With knowledge
Agnostic = Without knowledge

So, in regards to religion:

Agnostic = Without knowledge to chose belief of a god or belief of no god.

Agnostic defaults to Atheist.

Basically, you can't be Agnostic and be theistic, it fails the logic test. However, you can be Agnostic and an Atheist, since they're in effect the same thing.
njnick
Profile Joined August 2010
United States176 Posts
September 20 2010 04:36 GMT
#28
On September 20 2010 13:35 Shatter wrote:
Does believing in a god=religious? I believe that a god created the universe under natural laws but I don't follow any kind of religion or religious practices. This poll doesn't work for me. ><


That is deism
_Darwin_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2374 Posts
September 20 2010 04:36 GMT
#29
On September 20 2010 13:35 Shatter wrote:
Does believing in a god=religious? I believe that a god created the universe under natural laws but I don't follow any kind of religion or religious practices. This poll doesn't work for me. ><


Right next to Religious it says "(I believe in God)," so under the OP's definition, yes.
I cant stop lactating
DTown
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States428 Posts
September 20 2010 04:37 GMT
#30
On September 20 2010 13:33 njnick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2010 13:28 DTown wrote:
On September 20 2010 13:25 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Agnostic Atheist, as being agnostic in and of itself is a form of not believing in God. I don't think the two should really be separated on the poll.

I disagree, they are very different. An atheist says "I do not believe in God." An agnostic thinks that Atheist is just as ludicrous for claiming a disbelief in God as the religious person is in claiming a belief in God. While they both imply a degree of belief less than that of a religious person, their religious views are far from being identical.


NO Atheist is a lack of belief that is all. Agnosticism is say one cannot know if there is a god therefore I am an agnostic atheist and I’m pretty sure the vast majority of atheist are AA.

Ok, apparently the definition of the different categories is very much open to interpretation and debate. I would prefer this thread not turn into an analytical discussion of what constitutes atheist/agnosticism etc...which is why I included the clarifications in the parenthesis. I think I got the general idea across of what I meant by each poll option, so just try and mark down the one that aligns as close as possible to your actual belief system.
eLiE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1039 Posts
September 20 2010 04:38 GMT
#31
i think a good word missing from the poll is spiritual
How's the weather down there?
Trion
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada291 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 04:44:51
September 20 2010 04:39 GMT
#32
I think the poll should be changed to this.

Agnostic Atheist
Nostic Atheist
Agnostic Theist
Nostic Theist
None (does not think about this subject)

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure Theism and Atheism refers to belief, while being agnostic, or nostic, refers to knowledge.

Ex: Agnostic Atheist=I do not believe in a God, but I don't know if there is, or is not a God.


Edit: O my 2 pages already. When I started making my post there were only two replies, looks like people beat me to it

Edit 2: Religious as an option should really be taken out, say Atheist or Theist, that kind of makes it almost like comparing apples and oranges.
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
September 20 2010 04:40 GMT
#33
On September 20 2010 13:32 Khul Sadukar wrote:
I believe all religious deities were actually aliens.

Don't see an option for that on the poll..

Haha If I was an alien I would fuck with poor primitive beings too.

(voted atheist, because religion is an anachronism)
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
September 20 2010 04:40 GMT
#34
On September 20 2010 13:36 njnick wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2010 13:35 Shatter wrote:
Does believing in a god=religious? I believe that a god created the universe under natural laws but I don't follow any kind of religion or religious practices. This poll doesn't work for me. ><


That is deism
Ya but deism is a belief, not a religion. Religions are a set of beliefs based on creation and origin but also have rites and practices associated with it.
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
September 20 2010 04:40 GMT
#35
I jumped on the atheist bandwagon
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
September 20 2010 04:40 GMT
#36
Atheist and proud!
MasterDana
Profile Joined March 2008
United States114 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 04:41:43
September 20 2010 04:41 GMT
#37
Pretty sure agnostic and atheist are the same thing.
<:
Droodjerky
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 04:43:39
September 20 2010 04:41 GMT
#38
On September 20 2010 13:39 Trion wrote:
I think the poll should be changed to this.

Agnostic Atheist
Nostic Atheist
Agnostic Theist
Nostic Theist
None (does not think about this subject)

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm fairly sure Theism and Atheism refers to belief, while being agnostic, or nostic, refers to knowledge.

Ex: Agnostic Atheist=I do not believe in a God, but I don't know if there is, or is not a God.


Fair enough, but it's "Gnostic" :b

On September 20 2010 13:41 MasterDana wrote:
Pretty sure agnostic and atheist are the same thing.


Nope, one deals with general knowledge and the other deals with gods. It just so happens if your agnostic about gods, your logical default would be atheism.

tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
September 20 2010 04:43 GMT
#39
Your poll doesn't cover all the options. I'm a Buddhist so I'm religious, but don't believe in a God.
njnick
Profile Joined August 2010
United States176 Posts
September 20 2010 04:43 GMT
#40
On September 20 2010 13:37 DTown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2010 13:33 njnick wrote:
On September 20 2010 13:28 DTown wrote:
On September 20 2010 13:25 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Agnostic Atheist, as being agnostic in and of itself is a form of not believing in God. I don't think the two should really be separated on the poll.

I disagree, they are very different. An atheist says "I do not believe in God." An agnostic thinks that Atheist is just as ludicrous for claiming a disbelief in God as the religious person is in claiming a belief in God. While they both imply a degree of belief less than that of a religious person, their religious views are far from being identical.


NO Atheist is a lack of belief that is all. Agnosticism is say one cannot know if there is a god therefore I am an agnostic atheist and I’m pretty sure the vast majority of atheist are AA.

Ok, apparently the definition of the different categories is very much open to interpretation and debate. I would prefer this thread not turn into an analytical discussion of what constitutes atheist/agnosticism etc...which is why I included the clarifications in the parenthesis. I think I got the general idea across of what I meant by each poll option, so just try and mark down the one that aligns as close as possible to your actual belief system.


Not to sound like an ass but look at my post on the first page that would have been a better poll.
Also three of the categories just do not make sense and keeps this perception that atheism is a comitial stance witch for some reason keeps going on. That is why I replied so to inform people. If I used socialism in the wrong context I should be corrected because at least for me I would like to know how to use the word.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 130
Nina 109
ProTech88
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13595
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2002
JimRising 201
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4883
Khaldor1443
Liquid`Hasu729
Other Games
summit1g6143
fl0m859
shahzam447
C9.Mang0222
FrodaN203
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King69
JuggernautJason69
ToD62
ViBE18
PPMD17
NeuroSwarm13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
Other Games
angryscii12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen132
Other Games
• imaqtpie906
• Shiphtur206
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 46m
Stellar Fest
15h 46m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.