• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12284 users

Firefox 4 Beta 1 Released!

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
rockon1215
Profile Joined May 2009
United States612 Posts
July 07 2010 03:56 GMT
#1
Download

I know many of us here at TL use firefox so I thought I'd share this news


+ Show Spoiler [new features] +
Tabs are now on top by default on Windows only - OSX and Linux will be changing when the theme has been modified to support the change.

On Windows Vista and Windows 7 the menu bar has been replaced with the Firefox button.

You can search for and switch to already open tabs in the Smart Location Bar

New Addons Manager and extension management API (UI will be changed before final release)

Significant API improvements are available for JS-ctypes, a foreign function interface for extensions.

The stop and reload buttons have been merged into a single button on Windows, Mac and Linux.

The Bookmarks Toolbar has been replaced with a Bookmarks Button by default (you can switch it back if you'd like).

Crash protection for Windows, Linux, and Mac when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.

CSS Transitions are partially supported.

Full WebGL support is included but disabled by default at this time.

Core Animation rendering model for plugins on Mac OS X. Plugins which also support this rendering model can now draw faster and more efficiently.

Native support for the HD HTML5 WebM video format.

An experimental Direct2D rendering backend is available on Windows, turned off by default.

Web developers can use Websockets for a low complexity, low latency, bidirectional communications API.

Web developers can update the URL field without reloading the page using HTML History APIs.

More responsive page rendering using lazy frame construction.

Link history lookup is done asynchronously to provide better responsiveness during pageload.

CSS :visited selectors have been changed to block websites from being able to check a user's browsing history.

New HTML5 parser.

Support for more HTML5 form controls.


To me it feels snappier (though this is by no means a scientific observation)

Although I have not tried all of my add-ons yet, most work flawlessly. Unfortunately most of these add-ons are disabled by default, but can be forced to install by downloading the Add-On Compatability Reporter which obviously lets you report compatibility to the Add-On developers.

Discuss!
Flash v Jaedong The finals that is ALWAYS meant to be
SONE
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada839 Posts
July 07 2010 03:58 GMT
#2
is it better than chrome in your opinion? i just got used to it D:
HeyitsClay
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada336 Posts
July 07 2010 04:00 GMT
#3
I been waitin for this, can't wait to get home and try it out =D
MamiyaOtaru
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1687 Posts
July 07 2010 04:01 GMT
#4
On July 07 2010 12:56 rockon1215 wrote:
Crash protection for Windows, Linux, and Mac when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
This was added (for Windows at least) in 3.6.4. It is nice

To me it feels snappier (though this is by no means a scientific observation)
I hear this about every update for every browser and it's never true D:
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
July 07 2010 04:03 GMT
#5
Will try as soon as I know adblock plus works for it
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
July 07 2010 04:07 GMT
#6
Looks nice. I really like the Chrome like look.
rockon1215
Profile Joined May 2009
United States612 Posts
July 07 2010 04:09 GMT
#7
On July 07 2010 12:58 SONE wrote:
is it better than chrome in your opinion? i just got used to it D:

I like it better than Chrome, yes. Firefox with the Ad Block Plus add-on, which stops adds from loading rather than just hiding them, makes pages load faster than chrome.

Obviously is disable Ad Block on sites I want to support, like TL.
Flash v Jaedong The finals that is ALWAYS meant to be
RisingTide
Profile Joined December 2008
Australia769 Posts
July 07 2010 04:13 GMT
#8
Ahh, saw the words 'Beta' and 'Released' in the nav bar out of the corner of my eye. Almost shat myself.

FF4 looks nice though!
dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
July 07 2010 04:14 GMT
#9
I don't know, I've just switched to Chrome a few days ago, due to Firefox being a bitch.
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
StayFrosty
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada743 Posts
July 07 2010 04:16 GMT
#10
Just downloaded and installed it right now. It's so sleek and clean. Loving it.
ramyun
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada33 Posts
July 07 2010 04:17 GMT
#11
i just got used to chrome after ditching ffox ,which i used for years.=(.
bop beep - Gee
rockon1215
Profile Joined May 2009
United States612 Posts
July 07 2010 04:17 GMT
#12
On July 07 2010 13:13 RisingTide wrote:
Ahh, saw the words 'Beta' and 'Released' in the nav bar out of the corner of my eye. Almost shat myself.

FF4 looks nice though!
lol sorry about that. I wonder how many other people this will happen to?
Flash v Jaedong The finals that is ALWAYS meant to be
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 07 2010 04:20 GMT
#13
Interesting. I've gotten too used to Opera and Chrome, and felt that Firefox was behind the times. Hopefully that changes.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
July 07 2010 04:25 GMT
#14
I have been waiting for this for like ever! I'm a bit afraid to try out a beta version of it, I'll wait until the full version. I'm more than satisfied with FF3
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
July 07 2010 04:27 GMT
#15
Messing around with it. I like it. Looks pretty nice and very easy to use (because I fail with all things related to computers). I'm enjoying it so far. ABP seems to be working. Atleast I haven't noticed anything not working yet.
Life is Good.
Graham
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada1259 Posts
July 07 2010 04:28 GMT
#16
Don't think this is enough to make me switch back from Chrome.

I got tired of the clunkiness of Firefox long ago (I don't care about adbox plus, and the bazillion addons. Ads don't bother me at all and I prefer absolutely speed > clunky addons), and once I switched to Chrome I haven't looked back.
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 04:30:30
July 07 2010 04:30 GMT
#17
Been using it for a couple of hours, and there is promise. I like the chrome-y feel to it and it still has most of my add-ons. I'm liking its integration with Windows 7 also, with the tabs and all.
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
Bosu
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-07 04:31:06
July 07 2010 04:30 GMT
#18
I would love to use chrome, but the ad blocking addons that I have used are not nearly as good as adblock plus. Which is a must for me.
#1 Kwanro Fan
DeathByMonkeys
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States742 Posts
July 07 2010 04:31 GMT
#19
Damn this is sexy. I switched to Chrome like 2 months ago because I was fed up with FF, but this might convince me to switch back; providing most of my add-ons become compatible with FF4 soon after it's fully released.
ghermination
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States2851 Posts
July 07 2010 04:32 GMT
#20
Using Firefox 4 right now and it seems great, no issues.
U Gotta Skate.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings36
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta9
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O112
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9926
Artosis 694
ZZZero.O 112
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm198
League of Legends
Doublelift5652
JimRising 312
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4075
Other Games
summit1g9652
FrodaN2279
Liquid`RaSZi1887
Livibee433
C9.Mang0377
Maynarde165
ArmadaUGS45
Mew2King34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1161
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• musti20045 36
• Sammyuel 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1271
• Shiphtur630
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.