• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:15
CEST 04:15
KST 11:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7774 users

2010 - What are you Reading? - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 38 Next All
aphex
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany18 Posts
July 06 2010 10:02 GMT
#301
[image loading]

Historic novel. One of the best I've ever read. See amazon reviews. Almost as good as Q.
cas
Profile Joined January 2008
Mexico52 Posts
July 06 2010 10:20 GMT
#302
[image loading]

it has pages and the pages have numbers on them. read 0 reviews. almost as good as r.
Sulli
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada236 Posts
July 06 2010 20:16 GMT
#303
I finished World War Z by Max Brooks recently. Prior to reading this book, I never understood people's fascination with zombies, but this book definitely opened my eyes. So I naturally picked up the Zombie Survival Guide and unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm not saying it's a bad book, but it's more of a device that lets you understand what foundation World War Z was written upon. It feels like Max Brooks laid out all the glorious details of the zombie world into the Survival Guide and subsequently plunged into a full-blown story with World War Z; in a way, it feels like I'm reading his research material for the actual story.
Brainsurgeon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden359 Posts
July 06 2010 20:17 GMT
#304
[image loading]

Like it a lot.
Say no to drugs. Say yes to hugs!
climax
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1088 Posts
July 06 2010 21:08 GMT
#305
[image loading]


Assassins.

Assassins is a musical with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and book by John Weidman, based on an idea by Charles Gilbert, Jr. It uses the premise of a murderous carnival game to produce a revue-style portrayal of men and women who attempted (successfully or otherwise) to assassinate Presidents of the United States. The music varies to reflect the popular music of the eras depicted.
Twitter: @JonathanRosales
TheMango
Profile Joined April 2007
United States1967 Posts
July 06 2010 21:20 GMT
#306
On July 06 2010 19:02 aphex wrote:
[image loading]

Historic novel. One of the best I've ever read. See amazon reviews. Almost as good as Q.


I love Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series, been meaning to read his other books/series
Moderator
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
July 06 2010 21:35 GMT
#307
About to pick up

[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Accer
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)319 Posts
July 06 2010 21:43 GMT
#308
[image loading]

MadVillain
Profile Joined June 2010
United States402 Posts
July 06 2010 22:08 GMT
#309
I read his other book, A Deepness in the Sky. Its really good if you like hard sci-fi, probably the best i've ever read in terms of world building and stuff.

This one is supposed to be even better and I just resumed reading it.

[image loading]
For The Swarm!
sixghost
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2096 Posts
July 06 2010 22:11 GMT
#310
On July 07 2010 05:16 Sulli wrote:
I finished World War Z by Max Brooks recently. Prior to reading this book, I never understood people's fascination with zombies, but this book definitely opened my eyes. So I naturally picked up the Zombie Survival Guide and unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm not saying it's a bad book, but it's more of a device that lets you understand what foundation World War Z was written upon. It feels like Max Brooks laid out all the glorious details of the zombie world into the Survival Guide and subsequently plunged into a full-blown story with World War Z; in a way, it feels like I'm reading his research material for the actual story.

I had the same exact experience. WWZ is one of my favorite books, but I hated the Survival Guide. It takes itself way too seriously.
mG.sixghost @ iCCup || One ling, two ling, three ling, four... Camp four gas, then ultra-whore . -Saracen
Mascherano
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Argentina1726 Posts
July 06 2010 23:00 GMT
#311
On July 05 2010 02:28 chieftan wrote:
One of the most intense books I have ever read.

[image loading]


Just got this from the library, friend said it was very good.
Bisu
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-06 23:35:20
July 06 2010 23:34 GMT
#312
[image loading]

The Malazan Empire simmers with discontent, bled dry by interminable warfare, bitter infighting and bloody confrontations with ancient and implacable sorcerers. Even the imperial legions, long inured to the bloodshed, yearn for some respite. Yet Empress Laseen's rule remains absolute, enforced by her dread Claw assassins.

For Sergeant Whiskeyjack and his squad of Bridgeburners, and for Tattersail, their lone surviving mage, the aftermath of the siege of Pale should have been a time to mourn the many dead. But Darujhistan, last of the Free Cities, yet holds out. It is to this ancient citadel that Laseen turns her predatory gaze.

However, the Empire is not alone in this great game. Sinister, shadowbound forces are gathering as the gods themselves prepare to play their hand . . .

Conceived and written on a panoramic scale, Gardens of the Moon is epic fantasy of the highest order--an enthralling adventure by an outstanding voice.

---------------------------------------------------------

Read it once before but that was years ago. This time I'm reading the entire series and i figured I'd start from the beginning.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 06 2010 23:58 GMT
#313
Gonna start after my last exam.

[image loading]
JadeFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States1225 Posts
July 08 2010 01:04 GMT
#314
[image loading]

Great book. Applies to many aspects of life and competition.
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
July 08 2010 01:08 GMT
#315
[image loading]

and then:

[image loading]
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
opl3sa
Profile Joined July 2010
United States27 Posts
July 08 2010 01:12 GMT
#316
(Wiki)What does wikify mean
Sorry to troll this thread just testing out a forum option! Don't kill me please
To err is human. To blame it on someone else is genius.
zergpower314
Profile Joined March 2010
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 01:34:24
July 08 2010 01:26 GMT
#317
[image loading]
So far it's very compelling.

Required for school:
[image loading]

and
[image loading]

Bleh, I hate plays, but at least I have Catch-22 to make up for it.

If I have time I'll read:
[image loading]
It sounds pretty interesting, and I hear it's good, so hopefully I'll have time to get to it.
ohaithar
Achromic
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
773 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-08 01:33:47
July 08 2010 01:32 GMT
#318
[image loading]
So far so good.

[image loading]
Someone recommended me this book, I'm going to go buy it from Chapters tomorrow.

[image loading]
This also looks like a great book. If I manage to read both of the books above along with some of the books I plan to read for school, Ill definitely read this.

Yeah, books related to business turns me on.
Blah
Skhizm
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3 Posts
July 08 2010 01:46 GMT
#319
Anyone one who likes strategy and sci fi (fans of starcraft) should check out the Ender series by Orson Scott Card.
"That's no moon, it's a space station"
hejakev
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden518 Posts
July 08 2010 01:47 GMT
#320
I just saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Män Som Hatar Kvinnor) at a little theatre in North Hollywood.

I thought it was great, so now I'm reading the books!
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech151
RuFF_SC2 151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18598
Rain 1559
GuemChi 898
sorry 50
NaDa 18
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever460
NeuroSwarm202
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 448
minikerr38
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1052
Mew2King100
Other Games
summit1g6821
JimRising 547
WinterStarcraft528
C9.Mang0166
ViBE134
ZombieGrub10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick816
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 186
• davetesta41
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt255
Other Games
• Scarra955
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 46m
INu's Battles
8h 46m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 46m
OSC
20h 1m
Replay Cast
20h 46m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.