• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7137 users

Our starcraft moments

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
thestool91
Profile Joined August 2007
672 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 04:30:56
April 08 2010 03:19 GMT
#1
So I think I saw a similar thread a couple months back but I cant find it, so I'll just make a new one.

In this thread, it would be interesting if we could write small stories about how starcraft has affected our lives.....in literally any way.

I'll go first.

1) I've been playing starcraft pretty intensively for the past couple weeks, and it was clear how much I played because I was talking to my girlfriend on msn and when I had to go I typed in "gg." Obviously she had no idea what that meant so I just logged off. I didnt want to explain. I told me roomate about it and I laughed. He didnt think it was very funny.

2) For my psychology class, I made my final big presentation on starcraft in korea. I had videos of people playing, the grand finals stage and people showing up, how much money they make, their fan base...etc. I got the 2nd highest mark in that presentation with 92. I got half a mark bonus for the column (surprised the prof)

You guys are up!
the dreamer, mantoss, storm zerg, the cowboy, the spark terran, the ultimate weapon...what more can i say? GO KTF
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
April 08 2010 03:20 GMT
#2
I admit I really like your first one.

StarCraft has caused me want to macro my lunch over time. Don't ask me how that works. I don't know.
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
April 08 2010 03:24 GMT
#3
i say gg irl all the time. who cares if people dont understand:D
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24805 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-08 03:26:05
April 08 2010 03:25 GMT
#4
1) In my 'sports studies' course I took in college the professor was asking me about the korean progaming scene in a lecture hall with hundreds of people from the perspective of analyzing sc as a sport.

2) I pissed off some lesbians because I was paying attention to my game of sc rather than them making out.

3) 2v2 on some dumb blizz map allowed me to team up with a former hooker in a fun, wholesome activity (not sure if I knew she was a former hooker at the time or not)

4) I attended an anime convention to check out what the deal really is with WCG and met lots of hardcore sc players obviously. Also met up with some other people a few times including some who are banned lol

5) Have raped many of my students in the past in the domain they expected to have the ultimate advantage in: videogames. Have never actually raped my students fyi.

6) Met several people in college and ended up hanging out because we had sc as a common activity/interest.

7) Learned a ton about south Korea... I'd know almost nothing about it otherwise.

8) Have spent so much damn time playing a single game that I spent 20 dollars on over half a decade ago LOL

eh that's enough I guess
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
thestool91
Profile Joined August 2007
672 Posts
April 08 2010 03:30 GMT
#5
I got another one. This makes me laugh and I should be ashamed but I'm not.

I live in rez and one night couple friends and I went clubbing. I came back from the club extra early at 10:30 to be home for the 12:00 game. I was at the club for under 30 minutes. My friends, who dont game at all, were confused why I would leave a club early to watch a game.

My drunk friend poured water onto my bed as I was watching the 4th set.
the dreamer, mantoss, storm zerg, the cowboy, the spark terran, the ultimate weapon...what more can i say? GO KTF
aRod
Profile Joined July 2007
United States758 Posts
April 08 2010 03:36 GMT
#6
I called an SUV and SCV without realizing it.
Live to win.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
April 08 2010 03:40 GMT
#7
On April 08 2010 12:36 aRod wrote:
I called an SUV and SCV without realizing it.


I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!

My friend's last name is "Ling" so we always joke about how he should name his children "Zerg" ... or lurker or muta or ultra :D

:)
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 08 2010 03:43 GMT
#8
I asked for help on a poem here, i wanted to do it about starcraft. Someone suggested one so i used it.

The next day i got the paper which had three scores it looked something like this..
Creativity:50(Max)
Ideas:X
Product:X

0 Plagerism, http://www.teamliquid.net
man was i embarassed
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
thestool91
Profile Joined August 2007
672 Posts
April 08 2010 03:43 GMT
#9
On April 08 2010 12:40 synapse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2010 12:36 aRod wrote:
I called an SUV and SCV without realizing it.


I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!

My friend's last name is "Ling" so we always joke about how he should name his children "Zerg" ... or lurker or muta or ultra :D




i would orgasm to that
the dreamer, mantoss, storm zerg, the cowboy, the spark terran, the ultimate weapon...what more can i say? GO KTF
FraCuS
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1072 Posts
April 08 2010 03:44 GMT
#10
i say gg all the time too. my friends ask what the fuck am i saying. i explained then was called a faggot. :D
Apink/Girl's Day/miss A/IU/Crayon Pop/Sistar/Exo K :D l Kpop and Kdrama Enthusiast
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
April 08 2010 03:59 GMT
#11
On April 08 2010 12:30 thestool91 wrote:
I got another one. This makes me laugh and I should be ashamed but I'm not.

I live in rez and one night couple friends and I went clubbing. I came back from the club extra early at 10:30 to be home for the 12:00 game. I was at the club for under 30 minutes. My friends, who dont game at all, were confused why I would leave a club early to watch a game.

My drunk friend poured water onto my bed as I was watching the 4th set.




Not exactly the same thing but where i am to watch games and such they are usually around 4am and i always go to bed early and set and alarm so i can wake up later to watch, m gf was so confused when the MSL finals were going on i would make us go to bed at like 10 so i could get enough sleep between bed and the game that i wouldn't be to tierd. got her to watch the first few games before she was just like i dont get this and went back to bed
HaruHaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States988 Posts
April 08 2010 04:04 GMT
#12
I would say starcraft has had a part in me choosing my major in economics! The art of managing resources, deciding between a better economy or a bigger army strikes me as very interesting. Who knew starcraft would have such a big impact on my life O:
Long live BroodWar!
Raydog
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States632 Posts
April 08 2010 04:06 GMT
#13
My only one, happened last week. Was playing sc2 pretty intense that weekend... and this is the end result:

I was drinking something (I think an Izze or Juice Squeeze), and right before I put it down, I hesitate for a second, wondering if there was pylon power where I was about to place my drink. In my mind I even imagined some pylon power around that section of the table where I was going to place my drink.

Shew
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 08 2010 04:08 GMT
#14
In one chemistry lab report, I wrote "archon" every single time instead of "argon" and never noticed.
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
April 08 2010 04:22 GMT
#15
saying minerals when i really mean money
im deaf
LaSt)ChAnCe
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States2179 Posts
April 08 2010 07:14 GMT
#16
I was 14 and dating a girl who I had liked for a while. I dumped her so I could train to be a gosu.
nyokenusa
Profile Joined July 2009
56 Posts
April 08 2010 07:22 GMT
#17
i say re hi to my parents through out the day.

i'm not kidding
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
April 08 2010 07:22 GMT
#18
On April 08 2010 16:14 LaSt)ChAnCe wrote:
I was 14 and dating a girl who I had liked for a while. I dumped her so I could train to be a gosu.

wtf?
김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
April 08 2010 07:25 GMT
#19
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=107388
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
LaSt)ChAnCe
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States2179 Posts
April 08 2010 07:27 GMT
#20
On April 08 2010 16:22 Katsuge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2010 16:14 LaSt)ChAnCe wrote:
I was 14 and dating a girl who I had liked for a while. I dumped her so I could train to be a gosu.

wtf?

what?
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4546
Leta 1783
Shuttle 223
Shine 45
ZergMaN 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm241
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Other Games
summit1g7628
WinterStarcraft598
Sick141
Mew2King29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick481
BasetradeTV211
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1422
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Lourlo1085
• Rush661
Other Games
• Shiphtur477
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 13m
Patches Events
9h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 13m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 13m
OSC
17h 13m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.