• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:05
CEST 16:05
KST 23:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7402 users

Want a new game - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
March 08 2009 11:09 GMT
#21
I've heard World of Goo is good, and its only $5 this weekend on Steam.
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
March 08 2009 11:35 GMT
#22
You're in luck! We have an entire forum dedicated to Games (and sports). You should look and post there!

Hopefully a mod can move this thread to that forum.
I <3 서지훈
klizzer
Profile Joined March 2008
517 Posts
March 08 2009 11:35 GMT
#23
On March 08 2009 20:08 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
www.freetetris.org

This. Also, World of Goo and...
Battle for Wesnoth. YES GO PLAY IT!

And some old Romance of the 3 Kingdoms games. Those were good.
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
March 08 2009 11:37 GMT
#24
Man, playing Go well takes more time than World of Warcraft and Starcraft combined. I think in the last 3 months I've read more books on Go than I've read for classes at Uni.
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
spitball
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Australia81 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-10 11:10:33
March 08 2009 12:03 GMT
#25
May I recommend Sexy Hiking?
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-08 12:44:03
March 08 2009 12:43 GMT
#26
I've beaten Goo, and it's without question one of the most fun gaming experiences I've had in a while. Gotta say Soldat is pretty damn cool. Its just really, really hard. Quake Live has a helluva wait every time I try to play it. Maybe I just have bad luck. Not really feeling something with absurd amounts of depth like Go.

Love'n the suggestions, guys. I will check them all out!

Also, bouncy ball game is quite fun.
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
March 08 2009 12:44 GMT
#27
I like Element TD from warcraft 3, that TD has a lot of depth and strategy and an ok amount of skill imo
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
Kong John
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark1020 Posts
March 08 2009 12:46 GMT
#28
I would recommend world of goo too, its a great puzzle game and its really cheap.

you dont get very good games for free :/ Portal is cheap too i think but i havent checked. If you havent played portal though you should buy nomatter the cost though :p

Also isent L4D going to be for free soon?
This is real life, where nerds must battle!
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
March 08 2009 12:47 GMT
#29
On March 08 2009 17:28 jimminy_kriket wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=86761

this


LOL such a nice game im addicted now, instead of training for cw just play this all day!!
Moderatorgold coin
Phrujbaz
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Netherlands512 Posts
March 08 2009 12:52 GMT
#30
On March 08 2009 17:21 MrBitter wrote:
I'm gonna' sound like such a nerd for saying this, but I'm pretty adamently against pirating anything. =\

Fucking morals...


Calling morals here is pretty strange. If you are pretty adamently against pirating because it's illegal, then that's fine, be a good citizen and follow the law.

There's absolutely no moral objection you can make to pirating a game you were never ever going to buy anyway (nobody gets hurt, they would have never gotten your money anyway), and you always leave the option open of transfering some funds from yourself to the game developer if you liked the game and your financial situation is better.

Caution! Future approaching rapidly at a rate of about 60 seconds per minute.
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
March 08 2009 13:12 GMT
#31
On March 08 2009 21:52 Phrujbaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2009 17:21 MrBitter wrote:
I'm gonna' sound like such a nerd for saying this, but I'm pretty adamently against pirating anything. =\

Fucking morals...


Calling morals here is pretty strange. If you are pretty adamently against pirating because it's illegal, then that's fine, be a good citizen and follow the law.

There's absolutely no moral objection you can make to pirating a game you were never ever going to buy anyway (nobody gets hurt, they would have never gotten your money anyway), and you always leave the option open of transfering some funds from yourself to the game developer if you liked the game and your financial situation is better.




Dress it up however you like, its still stealing at the end of the day. =\

Don't want to derail the thread, so that's the last I'll say on the matter.
HeaDStrong
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Scotland785 Posts
March 08 2009 13:57 GMT
#32
contraptions, contraptions!

It's a fun puzzle game.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-08 15:47:23
March 08 2009 15:47 GMT
#33
On March 08 2009 17:43 FragKrag wrote:
I've been playing Combat arms (though I have stopped recently), and now I'm playing Urban Terror.

Free games, and they're satisfying when you don't have a better alternative :/

Can it run on a really old comp like quake 3 ?
Like 500mhz and Geforce 1
I badly want a shooter.
+ Show Spoiler +
shame
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
ilistis
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States828 Posts
March 08 2009 15:49 GMT
#34
On March 09 2009 00:47 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2009 17:43 FragKrag wrote:
I've been playing Combat arms (though I have stopped recently), and now I'm playing Urban Terror.

Free games, and they're satisfying when you don't have a better alternative :/

Can it run on a really old comp like quake 3 ?
Like 500mhz and Geforce 1
I badly want a shooter.
+ Show Spoiler +
shame


Combat arms was such a good game at launch. Now it's pretty stupid. Hackers and glitch galore as well as imbalance. Those who pay can have faster characters and more money. There's nothing wrong with that except when those people are hacking and glitching, it gets ridiculous.
"The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."-William Faulkner *_*_*_Kolll FAN_*_*_*
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
March 08 2009 15:54 GMT
#35
On March 09 2009 00:49 ilistis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2009 00:47 Boblion wrote:
On March 08 2009 17:43 FragKrag wrote:
I've been playing Combat arms (though I have stopped recently), and now I'm playing Urban Terror.

Free games, and they're satisfying when you don't have a better alternative :/

Can it run on a really old comp like quake 3 ?
Like 500mhz and Geforce 1
I badly want a shooter.
+ Show Spoiler +
shame


Combat arms was such a good game at launch. Now it's pretty stupid. Hackers and glitch galore as well as imbalance. Those who pay can have faster characters and more money. There's nothing wrong with that except when those people are hacking and glitching, it gets ridiculous.

I was talking about Urban Terror. I'm dling it. I wanted a free FPS but i need to know if it can run properly on my shitty comp like CS / Ut99 / Q3.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
ilistis
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States828 Posts
March 08 2009 16:01 GMT
#36
On March 09 2009 00:54 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2009 00:49 ilistis wrote:
On March 09 2009 00:47 Boblion wrote:
On March 08 2009 17:43 FragKrag wrote:
I've been playing Combat arms (though I have stopped recently), and now I'm playing Urban Terror.

Free games, and they're satisfying when you don't have a better alternative :/

Can it run on a really old comp like quake 3 ?
Like 500mhz and Geforce 1
I badly want a shooter.
+ Show Spoiler +
shame


Combat arms was such a good game at launch. Now it's pretty stupid. Hackers and glitch galore as well as imbalance. Those who pay can have faster characters and more money. There's nothing wrong with that except when those people are hacking and glitching, it gets ridiculous.

I was talking about Urban Terror. I'm dling it. I wanted a free FPS but i need to know if it can run properly on my shitty comp like CS / Ut99 / Q3.


Woops, my mistake.
"The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."-William Faulkner *_*_*_Kolll FAN_*_*_*
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
March 08 2009 16:11 GMT
#37
On March 09 2009 01:01 ilistis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2009 00:54 Boblion wrote:
On March 09 2009 00:49 ilistis wrote:
On March 09 2009 00:47 Boblion wrote:
On March 08 2009 17:43 FragKrag wrote:
I've been playing Combat arms (though I have stopped recently), and now I'm playing Urban Terror.

Free games, and they're satisfying when you don't have a better alternative :/

Can it run on a really old comp like quake 3 ?
Like 500mhz and Geforce 1
I badly want a shooter.
+ Show Spoiler +
shame


Combat arms was such a good game at launch. Now it's pretty stupid. Hackers and glitch galore as well as imbalance. Those who pay can have faster characters and more money. There's nothing wrong with that except when those people are hacking and glitching, it gets ridiculous.

I was talking about Urban Terror. I'm dling it. I wanted a free FPS but i need to know if it can run properly on my shitty comp like CS / Ut99 / Q3.


Woops, my mistake.

np LOL relax i won't eat you ^^
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
March 08 2009 17:43 GMT
#38
On March 09 2009 00:47 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2009 17:43 FragKrag wrote:
I've been playing Combat arms (though I have stopped recently), and now I'm playing Urban Terror.

Free games, and they're satisfying when you don't have a better alternative :/

Can it run on a really old comp like quake 3 ?
Like 500mhz and Geforce 1
I badly want a shooter.
+ Show Spoiler +
shame


If you can run Quake 3, you should be able to run Urban Terror since it's just a mod.
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
RyanS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States620 Posts
March 08 2009 21:09 GMT
#39
Quake Live

Silk Road online
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-08 21:34:26
March 08 2009 21:24 GMT
#40
I've been playing DukeNukem3D again. Oh bliss.
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 258
MaxPax 211
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65738
Calm 4028
Shuttle 3399
Bisu 1746
FanTaSy 1517
EffOrt 703
Mini 594
Soma 479
Rush 448
Stork 340
[ Show more ]
Light 272
firebathero 255
Hyuk 235
Snow 204
ZerO 160
Soulkey 128
Barracks 111
actioN 110
Zeus 85
Last 80
Killer 70
Dewaltoss 68
hero 64
Mong 57
Sea.KH 54
Pusan 50
Hyun 43
Shinee 41
Bale 37
Free 36
ToSsGirL 31
Shine 29
Yoon 23
PianO 21
Sharp 21
Aegong 20
zelot 20
sorry 18
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7380
Dendi841
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1369
kRYSTAL_99
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko449
crisheroes287
Other Games
gofns54145
singsing2157
B2W.Neo722
hiko428
byalli270
DeMusliM250
Hui .190
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX131
Mew2King78
Rex53
ZerO(Twitch)14
Trikslyr5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1494
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 10m
Replay Cast
8h 55m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.