• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:39
CEST 13:39
KST 20:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8668 users

The TL.NeT "Lets Play Some DotA" Thread - Page 12

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
nitram
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada5412 Posts
August 23 2007 01:36 GMT
#221
whoes coming on tonight;
So far its me and cube
common ppl!
These sites might be of more use than a StarCraft site, where the majority of posters look on WCIII as the dense misformed fetus produced during Blizzards latest miscarrige.
DeadVessel
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States6269 Posts
August 25 2007 03:01 GMT
#222
I'll be tomorow night (just tomorow).
ShackleStar
Profile Joined August 2007
United States4 Posts
August 26 2007 10:52 GMT
#223
Hey guys, I have a couple of issues with Listchecker. Hopefully I can find help here.

When I host a public game with LC (/hostbnetpublic) it seems that the only people that join are friends and others who knew the game name. It is as if the game fails to show up on the game lists of much of the public dota players. Sometimes I'm able to gather up a full house after many refreshes and remakes, but such occasions are rare especially at night, which is when I do most of my dotaing with friends. I'm not sure if LC is working as intended, denying access to those who create the Battle.net delay or if I'm doing something wrong. In any case, is there any way I should reset up my LC or WC3 configurations to solve this problem?

My second question is: ever since I began using LC to host games, I've lost the ability to host games normally on Battle.net. When I try to make a game without using LC, people would get latency issues and nobody would join the game. However, when I turn on LC and host with it, people would be able to get in without any problems (except the one I stated above). I tried switching my WC3 port back to 6112, since LC switched it to 6113, but it was to no avail. Currently I'm stuck in a state where I can only create games with LC, and whenever I do, it takes forever to get a game going.

Anyways I'm sorta new to DotA, but am on a lot and have LC/Hamachi. If you're ever looking for a game feel free to send a tell to FioraLongears (Lordaeron).
ITS IMMUNE
BlueRoyaL
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States2493 Posts
August 26 2007 18:15 GMT
#224
what i do when i host public games on lc is have "/refreshbnet" copied to my clipboard, i paste it and click enter really fast like 10 times (like spamming it) and people usually come in if i refresh fast. but if you do it too fast for too long, you'll get ip banned from that realm so control yourself zz

not sure about your hosting/router problem, someone else could give you more advice on that
WHAT'S HAPPENIN
tehsex
Profile Joined April 2007
296 Posts
August 26 2007 20:07 GMT
#225
who plays on gg-client?
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
August 26 2007 20:22 GMT
#226
Shackle if you have a router you have to remember to open the port there too.

Make sure LC and wc3 have their separate ports. My LC is 6112 and my bnet is 6113. I am able to host both ways.

I'm not really sure about your problem with getting your game up publicly on bnet but I'm sure it has to do with your port issues. Remember to allow it through windows and through any firewall you may have. It's alright to turn off the windows firewall, it really doesn't do anything a firewall should anyway. [ XP that is ]
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
August 26 2007 20:47 GMT
#227
anyone playing soon?:O
ShackleStar
Profile Joined August 2007
United States4 Posts
August 26 2007 22:42 GMT
#228
Actually I don't use a router when I'm hosting because I have a dynamic IP, I just connect my computer straight to my DSL so port forwarding should never be a problem. Is it possible to host on a router with a dynamic IP address? My ISP overcharges for static IPs.

My hosting port for LC used to be 6113, 6112 for BNet, and just now have changed LC to 6112 and BNet to 6113. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

The only firewall I use is windows firewall and it's on at all times. I've allowed both WC3 and LC access through it. I'll try turning it off.

Thanks.
ITS IMMUNE
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 27 2007 14:28 GMT
#229
I've found DSL to be...too slow to host with.

Anyways, I'm sick and tired of pubs, so how exactly do I get into TDA or DXD or whatever?
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
uidf
Profile Joined April 2004
Seychelles370 Posts
August 27 2007 15:56 GMT
#230
if you have a icon on east you can get in other wise you have to do something like 100 posts and a safelist game in the dota forums or something like that. dxd you just join on west but im not sure about joining games that system confuses me.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-08-27 17:46:25
August 27 2007 17:44 GMT
#231
You can host with a dynamic ip. Just make sure the ports [ 6112/6113 ] are assigned to your ip.
If you don't know how to check your ip
Start-->Run-->Cmd-->ipconfig /all

Maybe the reason you lost ability to host regularly is because when you allowed LC to be port forwarded you ip was changed therefore your 6112 and 6113's were probably open but your regular wc3 port was probably not forwarded to the right ip.

Edit: It was fun playing with you again Strafe. Maybe we can get a full game in next time.
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 27 2007 18:41 GMT
#232
Ack, that night I hosted my DSL connection divebombed just as I started to host. When your friends said they got considerable delay joining, I was very confused and decided someone else should host. Just as the other game started, I looked at my modem, and the light that monitors the signal strength looked like the 4th of July it was blinking so fast, which is a pretty big problem. Normally it blinks once per second, and that's when I've got a strong connection.

I know 6112-6119 are forwarded on my router, and I followed the tutorial for LC I found that said to change my WC3 port to 6113.

Maybe you've got a better idea of how it should be set up? I'm a newbie to the...internet connection stuff.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
August 27 2007 20:58 GMT
#233
Anytime today is fine, I'll be up for another 7 hours:d
pfff
Profile Joined May 2004
Belgium1352 Posts
August 27 2007 21:47 GMT
#234
where do you guys play? op tl-west?
It ain’t no sin to be glad you’re alive
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
August 27 2007 22:38 GMT
#235
I'm on East.

/f a himynameisrob
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
August 29 2007 01:41 GMT
#236
bah stop using that piece of shit ggc software
come back on bnet <3
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Heen
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Korea (South)2178 Posts
August 29 2007 01:48 GMT
#237
Let's play
('''(G_G/'''')
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
August 29 2007 01:51 GMT
#238
Let's play
Hates Fun🤔
DeadVessel
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States6269 Posts
August 29 2007 01:52 GMT
#239
I wish I could play .
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
August 29 2007 03:46 GMT
#240
i know how you feel deadvessel =/
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko355
ProTech124
SpeCial 114
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16268
firebathero 1937
Bisu 1274
Hyuk 660
Horang2 597
BeSt 310
Larva 237
Mini 231
EffOrt 190
Light 173
[ Show more ]
Soma 145
Leta 92
ZerO 92
Mong 82
Barracks 80
Rush 80
Snow 55
Pusan 52
Killer 47
Sea.KH 39
ToSsGirL 38
Sharp 34
zelot 32
NaDa 32
Shinee 32
Aegong 32
Mind 29
Yoon 24
Sexy 24
sorry 19
Bale 19
Sacsri 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
JulyZerg 11
Noble 9
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 398
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss894
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1151
Khaldor1019
Other Games
gofns34622
singsing2084
olofmeister1170
B2W.Neo285
Livibee122
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream236
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH143
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 21m
OSC
10h 21m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 21m
Online Event
23h 21m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.