• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:23
CEST 22:23
KST 05:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8450 users

[MLG] Winter X Games at Aspen - Page 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 84 Next
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
January 23 2015 19:23 GMT
#161
hahahah cloud9
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-23 19:23:46
January 23 2015 19:23 GMT
#162
Guys, please don't let your fanboyism cloud your analytical ability. The game was pretty bad, even with their lack of preparation as an excuse. Making pub-level errors is no excuse for a now-pro team. Obviously no one expected them to win or even do well (I was thinking, at best, Liquid would get somewhere between 5-8 rounds), but that was bad even for Liquid-no-prep standards, and I'm sure Liquid's players realize the same harsh truth and they're feeling it the most, so no need to sugarcoat things. That doesn't help anyone improve.
Writer
iv~nk~j
Profile Joined August 2012
1140 Posts
January 23 2015 19:24 GMT
#163
lets be honest i dont think liquid could get a map where they had any resemblance of chance against fnatic, not with the veto system like this
meshfusion
Profile Joined June 2014
Russian Federation232 Posts
January 23 2015 19:24 GMT
#164
cloud 9 vs LDLC ? what ? that caster dude is wrong.

and the W/L screen is wrong it says liquid won. LOL what's going on.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
January 23 2015 19:25 GMT
#165
The veto system is REALLY questionable. Good point by pronax.
Writer
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
January 23 2015 19:25 GMT
#166
On January 24 2015 04:24 meshfusion wrote:
cloud 9 vs LDLC ? what ? that caster dude is wrong.

and the W/L screen is wrong it says liquid won. LOL what's going on.


apparently NASL soundguy changed occupation to MLG overlay guy ^^
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
January 23 2015 19:25 GMT
#167
This MLG interviewer keeps calling CLG cloud9. Someone correct him..

After hearing the Pronax interview, I am thinking TL wasn't too sure on the picking process and would do it differently if able to.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
January 23 2015 19:26 GMT
#168
Does liquid have any chance of beating CLG? I'm not familiar with them.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 23 2015 19:27 GMT
#169
On January 24 2015 04:23 Souma wrote:
Guys, please don't let your fanboyism cloud your analytical ability. The game was pretty bad, even with their lack of preparation as an excuse. Making pub-level errors is no excuse for a now-pro team. Obviously no one expected them to win or even do well (I was thinking, at best, Liquid would get somewhere between 5-8 rounds), but that was bad even for Liquid-no-prep standards, and I'm sure Liquid's players realize the same harsh truth and they're feeling it the most, so no need to sugarcoat things. That doesn't help anyone improve.


I don't think anyone here is sugarcoating things to help them improve. I doubt they will read TL forums in search for help I'm just willing to give new teams the benefit of doubt even if it looks bad at the start.
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
January 23 2015 19:27 GMT
#170
CLG are better but yeah, I'd say it's like 60-40 in CLG's favor assuming Liquid plays to their appropriate level.
Writer
pyro19
Profile Joined August 2010
6575 Posts
January 23 2015 19:27 GMT
#171
One Map isn't an indication of how good or bad a team plays.

They played the best team in the world on their best map and made a lot of mistakes due to nervousness and little to no actual strats and practice.They are going to get as much experience as they can and iron out their mistakes.

Not to mention this is the same fnatic that got 16-1'd by Titan on Dust 2. It happens to even the best of them , no need to hate on the Liquid players.

Thy Shall Die Alone...or emm..something like that.
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 23 2015 19:28 GMT
#172
On January 24 2015 04:26 TBone- wrote:
Does liquid have any chance of beating CLG? I'm not familiar with them.


CLG are favored, but it should be rather close.
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Leafty
Profile Joined July 2012
France84 Posts
January 23 2015 19:28 GMT
#173
On January 24 2015 04:24 meshfusion wrote:
and the W/L screen is wrong it says liquid won. LOL what's going on.


The standings screen is very unintuitive, you've got four tables, one for each team (big logo) and their standing vs. other teams below.

Also laughing atm at the tweeter prediction on screen.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
January 23 2015 19:30 GMT
#174
On January 24 2015 04:27 nkr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2015 04:23 Souma wrote:
Guys, please don't let your fanboyism cloud your analytical ability. The game was pretty bad, even with their lack of preparation as an excuse. Making pub-level errors is no excuse for a now-pro team. Obviously no one expected them to win or even do well (I was thinking, at best, Liquid would get somewhere between 5-8 rounds), but that was bad even for Liquid-no-prep standards, and I'm sure Liquid's players realize the same harsh truth and they're feeling it the most, so no need to sugarcoat things. That doesn't help anyone improve.


I don't think anyone here is sugarcoating things to help them improve. I doubt they will read TL forums in search for help I'm just willing to give new teams the benefit of doubt even if it looks bad at the start.

Nah I know, just saying that sometimes criticism is well-deserved, which I think it is at the moment. Even for a new, under-prepared team, I believe their performance was incredibly lacking, and I'd like to see more from them. I think when Liquid picked up the former Denial, they weren't looking for a team that would be the best, but at least looking for a team that can compete with the best. At this point, I'm not even sure if they could break top three NA without some major improvement, and in terms of just analyzing natural talent, I personally don't think they have it, but I'm harsher than most people. :D
Writer
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
January 23 2015 19:32 GMT
#175
On January 24 2015 04:30 Souma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2015 04:27 nkr wrote:
On January 24 2015 04:23 Souma wrote:
Guys, please don't let your fanboyism cloud your analytical ability. The game was pretty bad, even with their lack of preparation as an excuse. Making pub-level errors is no excuse for a now-pro team. Obviously no one expected them to win or even do well (I was thinking, at best, Liquid would get somewhere between 5-8 rounds), but that was bad even for Liquid-no-prep standards, and I'm sure Liquid's players realize the same harsh truth and they're feeling it the most, so no need to sugarcoat things. That doesn't help anyone improve.


I don't think anyone here is sugarcoating things to help them improve. I doubt they will read TL forums in search for help I'm just willing to give new teams the benefit of doubt even if it looks bad at the start.

Nah I know, just saying that sometimes criticism is well-deserved, which I think it is at the moment. Even for a new, under-prepared team, I believe their performance was incredibly lacking, and I'd like to see more from them. I think when Liquid picked up the former Denial, they weren't looking for a team that would be the best, but at least looking for a team that can compete with the best. At this point, I'm not even sure if they could break top three NA without some major improvement, and in terms of just analyzing natural talent, I personally don't think they have it, but I'm harsher than most people. :D


Not saying i disagree but i would wait for more than 3 games in their first tournament to draw conclusions on the TL guys
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
January 23 2015 19:32 GMT
#176
On January 24 2015 04:27 pyro19 wrote:
One Map isn't an indication of how good or bad a team plays.

They played the best team in the world on their best map and made a lot of mistakes due to nervousness and little to no actual strats and practice.They are going to get as much experience as they can and iron out their mistakes.

Not to mention this is the same fnatic that got 16-1'd by Titan on Dust 2. It happens to even the best of them , no need to hate on the Liquid players.



haven't most of them been playing together for quite awhile now since on team denial? hopefully they can put up a better game vs clg, fnatic was just messing around with them.
savior did nothing wrong
meshfusion
Profile Joined June 2014
Russian Federation232 Posts
January 23 2015 19:34 GMT
#177
are these twitter predictions real or are people trolling ?

liquid was leading vs fnatic (LOL) and now CLG is leading vs freaking LDLC ??
perhaps the people voting are 100% from NA and they don't quite follow the EU scene and pigeon hole just watching US ESEA and the likes.. but.. i don't get it lol. perhaps these are troll predictions
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
January 23 2015 19:35 GMT
#178
On January 24 2015 04:32 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2015 04:30 Souma wrote:
On January 24 2015 04:27 nkr wrote:
On January 24 2015 04:23 Souma wrote:
Guys, please don't let your fanboyism cloud your analytical ability. The game was pretty bad, even with their lack of preparation as an excuse. Making pub-level errors is no excuse for a now-pro team. Obviously no one expected them to win or even do well (I was thinking, at best, Liquid would get somewhere between 5-8 rounds), but that was bad even for Liquid-no-prep standards, and I'm sure Liquid's players realize the same harsh truth and they're feeling it the most, so no need to sugarcoat things. That doesn't help anyone improve.


I don't think anyone here is sugarcoating things to help them improve. I doubt they will read TL forums in search for help I'm just willing to give new teams the benefit of doubt even if it looks bad at the start.

Nah I know, just saying that sometimes criticism is well-deserved, which I think it is at the moment. Even for a new, under-prepared team, I believe their performance was incredibly lacking, and I'd like to see more from them. I think when Liquid picked up the former Denial, they weren't looking for a team that would be the best, but at least looking for a team that can compete with the best. At this point, I'm not even sure if they could break top three NA without some major improvement, and in terms of just analyzing natural talent, I personally don't think they have it, but I'm harsher than most people. :D


Not saying i disagree but i would wait for more than 3 games in their first tournament to draw conclusions on the TL guys

They've played more games than just what they'll play at MLG.
Writer
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 23 2015 19:35 GMT
#179
On January 24 2015 04:34 meshfusion wrote:
are these twitter predictions real or are people trolling ?

liquid was leading vs fnatic (LOL) and now CLG is leading vs freaking LDLC ??
perhaps the people voting are 100% from NA and they don't quite follow the EU scene and pigeon hole just watching US ESEA and the likes.. but.. i don't get it lol. perhaps these are troll predictions


most likely MLG fanbois not knowing CS:GO at all and going with the patriotism
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
January 23 2015 19:35 GMT
#180
A wild MoMaN appeared
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 351
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 180
firebathero 75
910 45
Trap 23
NaDa 10
Counter-Strike
Fnx 771
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9423
crisheroes1796
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g5541
Liquid`RaSZi5510
Beastyqt827
shahzam520
B2W.Neo283
KnowMe139
IndyStarCraft 138
Pyrionflax129
ArmadaUGS126
ZombieGrub100
UpATreeSC55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream403
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV316
League of Legends
• TFBlade983
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 38m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.