• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:38
CEST 00:38
KST 07:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8728 users

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
cledio
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany95 Posts
November 23 2011 04:10 GMT
#21
I also really enjoyed this game.

Want thing the op didn't mention is that you only get Experience for solving quests, not for killing enemies which makes stealth and negotiation actually viable in many parts of the game.

Sadly i felt that the the first half of the game was much better than the second half. The "scary" factor (haunted house ^^) just kind of goes away as your character gets so powerful that you feel that you can kill whatever comes your way anyway.

But it is a great game anyway and if you like RPGs with a good story that are made for adults, then you should definitely try this one out.

There are also some really good mods for this and if you install a high-res texture pack, the graphics are actually still pretty decent (similar to half life 2), if that is important for you.
Ozcollo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States154 Posts
November 23 2011 04:21 GMT
#22
Awww man, nostalgia bomb. The abandoned/haunted hotel was my favorite part of this game. The game was pretty buggy but it was a ton of fun.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 06:27:05
November 23 2011 06:26 GMT
#23
I got this game many years ago, it was great. Haven't played it in a while, think I need to give it another go...maybe another Malkavian playthrough

Also:


Does this sound like a female Rob Zombie to anyone else?
Arthemesia
Profile Joined May 2011
United States292 Posts
November 23 2011 06:41 GMT
#24
I loved the music from this game as well. Check out this song, I used to sit in the club just to listen to it.
Sensator
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia377 Posts
November 23 2011 11:06 GMT
#25
I love this game, I've probably put close to 100 hours in play time towards it. Sure it had some mechanic related issues, but I don't think there has been a game to date to draw this type of atmosphere in such a brilliant way. I hope CCP can live up to VTMB with World of Darkness.
Seri
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
England86 Posts
November 23 2011 11:18 GMT
#26
o0 This game was so buggy but just such an amazing experience, the characters were great and the different endings were pretty good. Also you're all forgetting one of the best parts

Seriously could just listened to the deb of night for hours was so funny.
Never Forget KT Zergs Hoejja <3 Action <3 Crazy-Hydra <3
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
November 23 2011 11:23 GMT
#27
On November 23 2011 20:06 Sensator wrote:
I love this game, I've probably put close to 100 hours in play time towards it. Sure it had some mechanic related issues, but I don't think there has been a game to date to draw this type of atmosphere in such a brilliant way. I hope CCP can live up to VTMB with World of Darkness.

What is CCP?
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 11:41:40
November 23 2011 11:40 GMT
#28
World of Darkness production has pretty much been halted. They layed off a whole bunch of the team and transferred a bunch back to eve online. And arch, CCP is the company that produced eve online.

As far as this game, I could never get into it. It seems so overwhelming when I first tried it. Kind of like X3: Terran Conflict if you ever got into that. It seemed complicated, I didnt know what was good what wasnt, how to start. Never actually got into playing the game. Anyone know of any good tutorials?
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 23 2011 11:42 GMT
#29
great, when do I get my cape?
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
November 23 2011 11:52 GMT
#30
On November 23 2011 20:40 Phayze wrote:
World of Darkness production has pretty much been halted. They layed off a whole bunch of the team and transferred a bunch back to eve online. And arch, CCP is the company that produced eve online.

As far as this game, I could never get into it. It seems so overwhelming when I first tried it. Kind of like X3: Terran Conflict if you ever got into that. It seemed complicated, I didnt know what was good what wasnt, how to start. Never actually got into playing the game. Anyone know of any good tutorials?

Ah, OK. I never played Eve :D

And as a person that also tried to play X3 and played Bloodlines X3 is 10x more complicated to learn and get into.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
November 23 2011 11:52 GMT
#31
One of my all time favorite games!

A Malkavian character playthrough is mandatory!
Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
November 23 2011 11:58 GMT
#32
I had never heard much about this game, but after reading the OP and some of the soundtrack I am downloading it and the patches now

looking forward to it!
Paint it bright and bold.
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 12:05:34
November 23 2011 11:59 GMT
#33
Just adding my voice to this, truly a unique and masterful story-driven RPG experience. The ending blew my mind.

As I say in every post recommending this game, make sure you get the unofficial fan patch. It's pretty much a necessity.

Also may I add, this is the most interesting and engrossing vampire lore/world ever created. Everything is so thought out and intelligently structured with regards to the different vampire houses, the political factions and the interplay between figures in the underworld. In fact after playing this game I downloaded some of the rulesets for the pen and paper game simply because it offered more background to the different houses and bloodines and how they developed.

This world blows away any other vampire world including Twilight, True Blood, Vampire Diaries etc etc. This is the real deal, folks. Vampire lore at its finest.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
November 23 2011 12:15 GMT
#34
On November 23 2011 20:58 Zoundsforsook wrote:
I had never heard much about this game, but after reading the OP and some of the soundtrack I am downloading it and the patches now

looking forward to it!


Ahaha, we're poppin' the cherry here!

Be sure to answer 'I could use some help' to Jack in the beginning. Tutorial is pretty fun (one of the best tutorials ever) and gives you some xp at the end.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Zoundsforsook
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Scotland636 Posts
November 23 2011 12:35 GMT
#35
On November 23 2011 21:15 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2011 20:58 Zoundsforsook wrote:
I had never heard much about this game, but after reading the OP and some of the soundtrack I am downloading it and the patches now

looking forward to it!


Ahaha, we're poppin' the cherry here!

Be sure to answer 'I could use some help' to Jack in the beginning. Tutorial is pretty fun (one of the best tutorials ever) and gives you some xp at the end.


hehe thanks for the heads up
Paint it bright and bold.
fortheGG
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1002 Posts
November 23 2011 12:43 GMT
#36
On November 22 2011 17:50 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2011 17:45 woody60707 wrote:
I paid $5 to get the T-shirt and pre-order the game from BB. ... I never went back to pick up the game.


You missed on some of the most mindblowing experiences in history of gaming.


I will check this out seeing as you have recommended really good games before.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
November 23 2011 12:43 GMT
#37
I played it on release, the bugs and stuff annoyed me, the haunted house level scared the bajeezus out of me, I haven't touched it since.

Having read this, at some point in the next couple of weeks I think I definately need to install with the patches to give this game some real loving. Am a real World of Darkness fan.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
November 23 2011 13:05 GMT
#38
not a bad game. Never considered it a classic seeing as it came out relatively recently in my life time and quite a lot of the game is clunky and badly made. But I will probably replay some time...been meaning to re play sid meier's PIRATES! as well...so perhaps will put it on the list. I personally think that you think too much of this game, but I guess there isn't much competition as far as 3D vampire RPGs go.
Cuddle
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1345 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-23 13:14:24
November 23 2011 13:13 GMT
#39
I picked this up on Steam sale not long ago. I remember playing this (or another VtM game?) before, a long long time ago. I don't remember much of it though. I remember there being a hospital where I could buy blood if I didn't want to "take" it. I snuck in and stole blood if I remember correctly.

Will try it again once I'm done with Skyrim.

I'm a big fan of the old VtM-setting too so I've got expectations.
DrZz
Profile Joined May 2011
Romania70 Posts
November 23 2011 13:28 GMT
#40
I've finished this game, really loved the feeling it gives you.

Great post none the less ;-)!!
Evolve, and let the chips fall where they may
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O174
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 503
ZZZero.O 174
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever352
League of Legends
Doublelift3696
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5415
Liquid`Hasu486
Other Games
summit1g14018
FrodaN1512
JimRising 341
KnowMe237
Livibee190
ViBE81
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra938
Other Games
• imaqtpie1066
• Shiphtur561
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 23m
Patches Events
16h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 23m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.