• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:40
CEST 02:40
KST 09:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8684 users

Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3 - Page 26

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 30 Next All
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
February 25 2013 04:43 GMT
#501
I always get angry and upset whenever I watch fighting games...
Marvel has the greatest villains BibleThump
drej94
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States21 Posts
February 25 2013 04:43 GMT
#502
Chris currently has absolutely everything but an EVO. I'm already hype and it's 5 months away.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
February 25 2013 04:46 GMT
#503
That was hype. I can understand why some people see it boring, but the intricacies of Chris' Morrigan, he just doesn't blindly derp illusion soul spam. And those hit confirms, clutch and art.

I'm still mad Justin choked it up though
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
February 25 2013 04:48 GMT
#504
First time Firebrand won a major? Not that he did anything.

So many dropped combos this tourney lol.
Fan of the Jangbanger
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 13:31:59
February 25 2013 13:27 GMT
#505
Firebrand wins a major before Zero, lololololololol. tbh I like seeing chris G. Morrigan is hard to play well consistently in a game where nearly everything can kill you off one touch and kill your doom at the same time.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 25 2013 23:35 GMT
#506
On February 25 2013 13:43 drej94 wrote:
Chris currently has absolutely everything but an EVO. I'm already hype and it's 5 months away.

Has he won a west coast major? Wish there was a fgc LP so I could look it up
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
February 26 2013 01:35 GMT
#507
Nope. Closest he came was last SCR.
Fan of the Jangbanger
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
February 26 2013 01:36 GMT
#508
On February 25 2013 22:27 Trumpet wrote:
Firebrand wins a major before Zero, lololololololol. tbh I like seeing chris G. Morrigan is hard to play well consistently in a game where nearly everything can kill you off one touch and kill your doom at the same time.


Flocker yo
Fan of the Jangbanger
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
February 26 2013 18:47 GMT
#509
On February 26 2013 10:36 O-ops wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 22:27 Trumpet wrote:
Firebrand wins a major before Zero, lololololololol. tbh I like seeing chris G. Morrigan is hard to play well consistently in a game where nearly everything can kill you off one touch and kill your doom at the same time.


Flocker yo


I'm not counting Vanilla Unless he won something in ultimate that im not aware of.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
February 26 2013 18:53 GMT
#510
Decided to start dicking around in this game again after WB7. Picking up Spencer, never played him much in the past but he's really fun and (most importantly) holding my interest. Need to figure out a team to either put behind him or put him behind. I really like Nova, and Strange... Might just try Team Nemo for fun lol, why not.
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
February 26 2013 18:55 GMT
#511
That team is def legit but man those strange combos are harder than they look. I've seen some people use it just for the assist anyway though
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 19:00:05
February 26 2013 18:59 GMT
#512
On February 27 2013 03:55 Trumpet wrote:
That team is def legit but man those strange combos are harder than they look. I've seen some people use it just for the assist anyway though

That's kind of my mentality anyway lol, because I agree. It's a solid assist and the book super is always legit for any situation, so learning the loops would be a bonus. Nova and Spencer already fun enough as is (Nova is a character I've always had the itch to get into in the downtime when I wasn't playing).

Plus I just really want to put a beam assist behind him but I refuse to play Doom lolololol. Used to, got boring, and he's soooooo... Doom.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 26 2013 20:21 GMT
#513
On February 27 2013 03:47 Trumpet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2013 10:36 O-ops wrote:
On February 25 2013 22:27 Trumpet wrote:
Firebrand wins a major before Zero, lololololololol. tbh I like seeing chris G. Morrigan is hard to play well consistently in a game where nearly everything can kill you off one touch and kill your doom at the same time.


Flocker yo


I'm not counting Vanilla Unless he won something in ultimate that im not aware of.

Mihe won Texas Showdown last year, which despite being a mess was a Road to Evo event
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
February 27 2013 01:03 GMT
#514
On February 27 2013 05:21 pachi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2013 03:47 Trumpet wrote:
On February 26 2013 10:36 O-ops wrote:
On February 25 2013 22:27 Trumpet wrote:
Firebrand wins a major before Zero, lololololololol. tbh I like seeing chris G. Morrigan is hard to play well consistently in a game where nearly everything can kill you off one touch and kill your doom at the same time.


Flocker yo


I'm not counting Vanilla Unless he won something in ultimate that im not aware of.

Mihe won Texas Showdown last year, which despite being a mess was a Road to Evo event


I honestly don't consider that a major. It was a kinda big tournament I guess, but it didn't have any of the competition you see at bigger events. I think that tournament giving evo seeding was a pretty big mistake and probably was the #1 reason they changed the format of it for this year.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
March 20 2013 15:48 GMT
#515
So I'm interested in getting back into Marvel after watching a lot lately (and being bored as fuck) and I'd figure I'd breathe a little life into this thread. I'm interested in coming up with a solid team or two which I think will really help me enjoy it more, rather than picking some uncoordinated stuff and having poor synergy. I'm trying to come up with some team combinations I can make involving at least two of the following chars, which are my favorite / those I am most interested in at the moment (in order of those I have the most experience with):
Hulk
Spencer
Dormammu
Strange
Ammy

I've considered trying out Team Nemo (Nova/Spencer/Strange) because I really like the way it plays, but Nova has always felt a bit awkward in my hands. I love his style and such, but I've never had good luck playing/practicing with him. Might just need to get the hang of it. I've been playing a lot of Spencer lately whenever I decide to dick around for a bit, and I think I want to include him no matter what. Going for fun over pure practicality. Besides that, I've just been trying to think of anything that has some sort of synergy, even if it's not insanely strong or top-tier.

As ideas I've been pushing around:
Hulk/Spencer/Hawkeye (OTG for Hulk, Hulk Spencer for fun/damage, Hawkeye decent anchor? I haven't played much Hawkeye but he's definitely a char I like stylistically, could learn to love him)
Dorm/Ammy/Spencer (Cold Star seems like it would mesh/support Dorm well, but might not have the same strength a beam does since it's shorter range..?)

Idk just provoking discussion. I have a love/hate relationship with this game and I barely play it. For now I just want to pick up something to have fun with while I have time, and maybe see if I can't play with a few of my friends online (had connection issues in past).
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
March 20 2013 16:18 GMT
#516
Play Team Higher Education:

Dr. Strange Hulk + Either Jenny (she hulk) or Phoenix (wright) Strange hulk work well together though.
HocusPocus
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany214 Posts
March 20 2013 16:22 GMT
#517
damn you Duka now i want to play again :D maybe try out my old mvc team in umvc (wolvie dorm hulk) or team knives idk

imho coldstar is a better sentinel drones assist in close-mid range situations
AnBi - www.twitch.tv/anbi2199
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
March 20 2013 16:43 GMT
#518
On March 21 2013 01:18 PrinceXizor wrote:
Play Team Higher Education:

Dr. Strange Hulk + Either Jenny (she hulk) or Phoenix (wright) Strange hulk work well together though.

Interesting note about Strange+Hulk. Didn't think of that for some reason. Good lockdown beam. Wonder how Hulk/Strange/Spencer would play. Would save me from learning Hawkeye from scratch, but lacks an OTG assist. I like Strange a lot but got discouraged when I struggled with his loops. I could look beyond this, since he's solid anyway even if you don't rely on those. Or could just grind it out...

I should dick around with Phoenix Wright lmao. Because why not.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
March 20 2013 16:52 GMT
#519
On March 21 2013 01:43 Duka08 wrote:
I should dick around with Phoenix Wright lmao. Because why not.

How to play him in nutshell:

Every knockdown/throw you get 2 chances at evidence
calling out an assist like drones/bolts and putting up the shield is 2 chances at evidence

Get your good evidence, then transform and perform one of the combos with objection in it (pretty much anything into standing heavy-forward heavy).

Becomes stronger than lvl 5 frank for a little bit

Hopefully win before god mode wears off.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 20 2013 17:08 GMT
#520
On March 21 2013 00:48 Duka08 wrote:
So I'm interested in getting back into Marvel after watching a lot lately (and being bored as fuck) and I'd figure I'd breathe a little life into this thread. I'm interested in coming up with a solid team or two which I think will really help me enjoy it more, rather than picking some uncoordinated stuff and having poor synergy. I'm trying to come up with some team combinations I can make involving at least two of the following chars, which are my favorite / those I am most interested in at the moment (in order of those I have the most experience with):
Hulk
Spencer
Dormammu
Strange
Ammy

I've considered trying out Team Nemo (Nova/Spencer/Strange) because I really like the way it plays, but Nova has always felt a bit awkward in my hands. I love his style and such, but I've never had good luck playing/practicing with him. Might just need to get the hang of it. I've been playing a lot of Spencer lately whenever I decide to dick around for a bit, and I think I want to include him no matter what. Going for fun over pure practicality. Besides that, I've just been trying to think of anything that has some sort of synergy, even if it's not insanely strong or top-tier.

As ideas I've been pushing around:
Hulk/Spencer/Hawkeye (OTG for Hulk, Hulk Spencer for fun/damage, Hawkeye decent anchor? I haven't played much Hawkeye but he's definitely a char I like stylistically, could learn to love him)
Dorm/Ammy/Spencer (Cold Star seems like it would mesh/support Dorm well, but might not have the same strength a beam does since it's shorter range..?)

Idk just provoking discussion. I have a love/hate relationship with this game and I barely play it. For now I just want to pick up something to have fun with while I have time, and maybe see if I can't play with a few of my friends online (had connection issues in past).


I barely play this game, but cold star assist is pretty good at covering Spencer's attack angles and OTGing, so I would probably start with Spencer/Ammy and just add a point monster like Vergil or Wolverine who could benefit from the OTG. Dormammu is pretty solid though, you'd do fine with that.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
NeuroSwarm 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12157
Rain 2094
Artosis 605
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift3984
Counter-Strike
taco 90
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox637
Mew2King203
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1037
Other Games
summit1g9003
Day[9].tv673
shahzam617
JimRising 499
PiGStarcraft269
C9.Mang0249
ArmadaUGS83
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 144
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv673
• Scarra580
• Shiphtur183
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 20m
OSC
21h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.