• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:52
CEST 23:52
KST 06:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11847 users

Beware, Fishes. - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Muhweli
Profile Joined September 2002
Finland5328 Posts
May 19 2005 20:43 GMT
#281
Hmmn selling play money is like selling water in bottles. (yes they do that!)
River me timbers.
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
May 19 2005 20:53 GMT
#282
Difference being, water tastes good and is essential to life while play money should only be used in Monopoly.
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
May 19 2005 21:29 GMT
#283
meaning muhweli in most countries you cant drink tapwater
Muhweli
Profile Joined September 2002
Finland5328 Posts
May 19 2005 21:38 GMT
#284
taste of water is also quite interesting since water doesn't really taste like anything mhmhm. Well hmmn.... let's find another comparison.

Selling playmoney is like selling porn in the internet, (since you can get it for free anyway!)
River me timbers.
fearus
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
China2164 Posts
May 19 2005 21:40 GMT
#285
If ppl buy mmorpg items then why not play chips...
bisu fanboy
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
May 19 2005 21:52 GMT
#286
cuz the items are hard to get
imRadu
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
1798 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-05-19 22:16:50
May 19 2005 22:16 GMT
#287
pfff you can find dumb people anywhere
Its really good to see that some people dont let education get in the way of their ignorance
{ToT}Strafe
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Thailand7026 Posts
May 19 2005 23:16 GMT
#288
romania is a good place i heard;)
pinbaLL
Profile Joined March 2004
Sweden1711 Posts
May 19 2005 23:32 GMT
#289
or onlinepoker
- Evergrey - This is a fucking British flag, and these colours dont fucking run! - Bruce Dickinson
x2fst
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
1272 Posts
May 19 2005 23:44 GMT
#290
On May 18 2005 08:50 MPXMX wrote:
I think you and those people you know, x2fst, have a big fondness for gambling. 200, 850 dollars waged by totally inexperienced players from what I understand... that's just foolish. IMO poker at a decent level is not really supposed to be a gamble

1. I would go all-in again given the chance, it was a good desision given the circumstances
2. Fondness for gambling? Spare me your judgement, if I was a gambler I would've continued gambling and perhaps lost all my money, poker is ALWAYS A GAMBLE and the 'gamble' I made was one of the more favourable ones in poker.
I went all-in AFTER the river (from reading my post over it sounds as if I lucked out with the third ace but not so) so I had triple A and the rest of the flop wouldve have produced I think 1 possible straight and no flushes so it was prety unlikely i wouldve been beaten.
3. Don't group me with the people I know, their situation was completely different to mine, they lost and couldn't stop and so kept losing, had I lost all my money I would not have deposited more money in the hopes of recouping my losses.
muda, is a crime for me to wear a shirt, cos I is so good lookin
pinbaLL
Profile Joined March 2004
Sweden1711 Posts
May 19 2005 23:47 GMT
#291
Its stupid to play with all your money? =O
- Evergrey - This is a fucking British flag, and these colours dont fucking run! - Bruce Dickinson
x2fst
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
1272 Posts
May 19 2005 23:57 GMT
#292
On May 20 2005 08:47 pinbaLL wrote:
Its stupid to play with all your money? =O

it can be
muda, is a crime for me to wear a shirt, cos I is so good lookin
Falc
Profile Joined August 2004
Sweden110 Posts
May 20 2005 00:52 GMT
#293
On May 20 2005 08:57 x2fst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2005 08:47 pinbaLL wrote:
Its stupid to play with all your money? =O

it can be


It is.
~~
aBnarf
Profile Joined October 2002
Bangladesh314 Posts
May 20 2005 02:51 GMT
#294
On May 20 2005 09:52 Falc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2005 08:57 x2fst wrote:
On May 20 2005 08:47 pinbaLL wrote:
Its stupid to play with all your money? =O

it can be


It is.


what if you are playing .05/.10 limit with $500 at the table and thats all your money? lol
F10 P E S Q! lol
MPXMX
Profile Joined December 2002
Canada4309 Posts
May 20 2005 04:01 GMT
#295
What if you have no money? lol
How old are you
AttackZerg
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States7661 Posts
May 20 2005 05:51 GMT
#296
I've hit some rough patches where I had to take my last 500 bux to the "Lucky Derby" by my house and make something happen otherwise I would be in a bad spot, it's a 4/8 limit cardroom, for a no-limit/pot-limit regular it was so fucking hard each time.

If I lost my last 500 I would have been just as fucked if I sat on it, therefore playing with ALL of my money was my only option to fix the situation. Luck was on my side both times, and I was delt 2-4 on the BB checked to the flop and got a straight-flush straight flush =) a35diamonds....
imRadu
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
1798 Posts
May 20 2005 06:00 GMT
#297
On May 20 2005 08:16 {ToT}Strafe wrote:
romania is a good place i heard;)

best
im #1 example
Its really good to see that some people dont let education get in the way of their ignorance
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4647 Posts
May 20 2005 08:37 GMT
#298
I have to say poker confuse me, I find it boring and attracting at the same time. People are always talking about skills when winning and bad luck when losing.

My IRL poker stats rocks though. First time played Hold'em in my life, last sunday. I have won 2 games out of 4. All with 5-6 players. Lost my two first and even lost a buyin.

But I seriously know I wouldnt get any good at online poker since I am not ready to put 2 years of my life on a risky training journey.
Rekruls initial post confirmed all my false hope. We all dream of being the One but in the end when skill raise, you meet more and more people playing at your level, by the same rules as you and their misjudgements can turn against you? Cant they ?

Me noob,
me out

Good luck to all you guys.
I am happy someone is taking out that money those middleage men lose instead of raising their kids, hah
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
BigBalls
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States5354 Posts
May 20 2005 08:49 GMT
#299
I recently just jumped from limit to NL. I made about a grand off limit before getting absolutely stuck a month ago. I literally would break even every single day. I switched to NL and made 220 in 4 days. I know it will probably slow down but I'm sick of the fucking drawouts in limit and I can handle myself in low stakes NL
if you guys could use google and post direct links to the maphacks here it would be greatly appreciated. - Nazgul
Izenra
Profile Joined October 2004
Canada679 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-05-20 09:11:05
May 20 2005 09:06 GMT
#300
Limit is like making a bike race on a bridge. Although, you have 4 wheels and they slow you down greatly, and the bridge has rope so you don't fall off

no-limit is with real bike, but no rope, so you can fall at any time off the bridge.

Conclusion : if you have skills in riding bike, take the race without rope, because since you go more skills, you can make them fall off the bridge, while you don't fall off.

If you don't have skill, go for the baby race.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 229
ZZZero.O 159
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3514
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4824
Other Games
summit1g9899
Liquid`RaSZi2091
FrodaN2073
fl0m1534
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee189
Pyrionflax156
IndyStarCraft 141
Mew2King55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 26
• Sammyuel 8
• HeavenSC 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1421
• Shiphtur665
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 8m
Replay Cast
1h 8m
OSC
14h 8m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.