• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:50
CEST 09:50
KST 16:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12034 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 329

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 327 328 329 330 331 665 Next
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 03 2013 20:18 GMT
#6561
Pretty sure if there was a button for me to shuffle for online play, I would wear it out.
Get it by your hands...
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
March 03 2013 20:30 GMT
#6562
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 03 2013 20:46 GMT
#6563
On March 04 2013 05:04 NotSorry wrote:
Is it odd that while playing mtgo I like to have a hand full of paper cards to shuffle around?


I just drag and drop them on the screen in my virtual hand.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 03 2013 20:52 GMT
#6564
On March 04 2013 05:30 MoonBear wrote:
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.


Well you are suppose to shuffle cards around to keep the opponent from reading your hand. Like if an opponent holds a grip of 6 and 3 of those hasn't moved for like 3 or 4 turns, you can generally get an idea of what they are.
Get it by your hands...
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
March 03 2013 21:02 GMT
#6565
On March 04 2013 05:52 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 05:30 MoonBear wrote:
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.


Well you are suppose to shuffle cards around to keep the opponent from reading your hand. Like if an opponent holds a grip of 6 and 3 of those hasn't moved for like 3 or 4 turns, you can generally get an idea of what they are.

Oh. I meant like even when holding any other kind of cards (business, poker, etc) there's probably the urge to shuffle them too haha
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 03 2013 21:43 GMT
#6566
On March 04 2013 06:02 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 05:52 Judicator wrote:
On March 04 2013 05:30 MoonBear wrote:
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.


Well you are suppose to shuffle cards around to keep the opponent from reading your hand. Like if an opponent holds a grip of 6 and 3 of those hasn't moved for like 3 or 4 turns, you can generally get an idea of what they are.

Oh. I meant like even when holding any other kind of cards (business, poker, etc) there's probably the urge to shuffle them too haha


When playing Magic I actually have the urge to shuffle chips.

Also, Alex Tamblyn on the SCG stream right now! I remember when this kid was literally 10 years old.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
March 03 2013 22:17 GMT
#6567
Also shuffling random physical cards when I play online, also shuffle my hand when I play hold'em :D

On March 04 2013 05:52 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 05:30 MoonBear wrote:
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.


Well you are suppose to shuffle cards around to keep the opponent from reading your hand. Like if an opponent holds a grip of 6 and 3 of those hasn't moved for like 3 or 4 turns, you can generally get an idea of what they are.


On this note, I was blown away when I saw top8 competitors at the PT sorting the lands on one side of their hand in plain sight. I suppose that they felt it doesn't make a difference and maybe it doesn't most of the time, but still, it's one of those bad habits you'd figure they're over.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 03 2013 22:30 GMT
#6568
On March 04 2013 07:17 n0ise wrote:
Also shuffling random physical cards when I play online, also shuffle my hand when I play hold'em :D

Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 05:52 Judicator wrote:
On March 04 2013 05:30 MoonBear wrote:
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.


Well you are suppose to shuffle cards around to keep the opponent from reading your hand. Like if an opponent holds a grip of 6 and 3 of those hasn't moved for like 3 or 4 turns, you can generally get an idea of what they are.


On this note, I was blown away when I saw top8 competitors at the PT sorting the lands on one side of their hand in plain sight. I suppose that they felt it doesn't make a difference and maybe it doesn't most of the time, but still, it's one of those bad habits you'd figure they're over.


Many rounds of Magic will do that to you.
Get it by your hands...
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
March 03 2013 22:30 GMT
#6569
Incredibly noobish question, how do you use the 'special' on something like a torch fiend in the game? I've tried googling and no results ;p.
MidnightGladius
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
China1214 Posts
March 03 2013 22:31 GMT
#6570
You just left-click on it :D
Trust in Bayes.
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 23:00:25
March 03 2013 23:00 GMT
#6571
On March 04 2013 07:31 MidnightGladius wrote:
You just left-click on it :D

Trust me I've been trying, at what point in the turn are you supposed to? (Alternative is that I'm just that stupid)
el_dawg
Profile Joined September 2011
United States164 Posts
March 03 2013 23:18 GMT
#6572
On March 04 2013 08:00 Derez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 07:31 MidnightGladius wrote:
You just left-click on it :D

Trust me I've been trying, at what point in the turn are you supposed to? (Alternative is that I'm just that stupid)


This is on MTGO, right? You need to have priority and the card should have a yellow outline I believe. If it is specific to torch fiend, I believe you can't activate it without a target, so if there is no artifact on the board, you can't use it.
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
March 03 2013 23:48 GMT
#6573
On March 04 2013 07:30 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 07:17 n0ise wrote:
Also shuffling random physical cards when I play online, also shuffle my hand when I play hold'em :D

On March 04 2013 05:52 Judicator wrote:
On March 04 2013 05:30 MoonBear wrote:
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.


Well you are suppose to shuffle cards around to keep the opponent from reading your hand. Like if an opponent holds a grip of 6 and 3 of those hasn't moved for like 3 or 4 turns, you can generally get an idea of what they are.


On this note, I was blown away when I saw top8 competitors at the PT sorting the lands on one side of their hand in plain sight. I suppose that they felt it doesn't make a difference and maybe it doesn't most of the time, but still, it's one of those bad habits you'd figure they're over.


Many rounds of Magic will do that to you.


Many rounds of anything make you tired, sloppy and more like going in default mode. Which is exactly my point, I find it surprising that someone at that level would need to actually concentrate in order to avoid that.

But whatever, it's probably not that relevant and inconsequential.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
March 04 2013 04:14 GMT
#6574
Making a 5 Color Myr deck. Progenitus is my Commander. Basic plan is to play a lot of Myrs, pack some infinite combos, but mostly just try to land Progenitus or Blightsteel/Darksteel Colossus or swing with a ton of buffed up Myr tokens. Problem is, I need to cut 7 more cards from this list:
+ Show Spoiler [Progenitus Myrs] +

1 Nether Traitor
1 Genesis Chamber
1 Phyrexian Altar
1 Myr Matrix
1 Mana Echoes
1 Skullclamp
1 Blasting Station
1 Enduring Renewal
1 Phyrexian Marauder
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Myr Galvanizer
1 Myr Incubator
1 Myr Reservoir
1 Myr Welder
1 Copper Myr
1 Gold Myr
1 Iron Myr
1 Leaden Myr
1 Lodestone Myr
1 Palladium Myr
1 Shimmer Myr
1 Silver Myr
1 Myr Retriever
1 Myr Superion
1 Myrsmith
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Ancient Den
1 Great Furnace
1 Vault of Whispers
1 Tree of Tales
1 Darksteel Citadel
1 Darksteel Forge
1 Darksteel Juggernaut
1 Darksteel Colossus
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Academy Ruins
1 Command Tower
1 Gavony Township
1 Kessig Wolf Run
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
1 Karn Liberated
1 Doubling Cube
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Mimic Vat
1 Sculpting Steel
1 Sol Ring
1 Everflowing Chalice
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Memnarch
1 Reality Twist
1 Mycosynth Lattice
1 Voltaic Key
1 Fabricate
1 Clone
1 Mirror Entity
1 Mirrorworks
1 Arcum Dagsson
1 Shape Anew
1 Cranial Plating
1 Unwinding Clock
1 Reshape
1 Trinket Mage
1 Vedalken Engineer
1 Adaptive Automaton
1 Blightsteel Colossus
1 Etherium Sculptor
1 Etherium-Horn Sorcerer
1 Hovermyr
1 Ichorclaw Myr
1 Leonin Abunas
1 Master of Etherium
1 Myr Enforcer
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Coat of Arms
1 Door of Destinies
1 Propaganda
1 Prototype Portal
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 Skeleton Shard
1 Open the Vaults
1 Whispersilk Cloak
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Watery Grave
1 Blood Crypt
1 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
1 Godless Shrine
1 Steam Vents
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Breeding Pool
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Dragonskull Summit
1 Rootbound Crag
1 Sunpetal Grove
1 Clifftop Retreat
1 Isolated Chapel
1 Woodland Cemetery
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Sulfur Falls
1 Spellskite
1 Master Transmuter
1 Blinkmoth Urn
SB: 1 Progenitus
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 15:32:12
March 04 2013 15:25 GMT
#6575
On March 04 2013 06:43 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2013 06:02 MoonBear wrote:
On March 04 2013 05:52 Judicator wrote:
On March 04 2013 05:30 MoonBear wrote:
I think most MtG players have a nervous tick which forces them to shuffle cards they hold.


Well you are suppose to shuffle cards around to keep the opponent from reading your hand. Like if an opponent holds a grip of 6 and 3 of those hasn't moved for like 3 or 4 turns, you can generally get an idea of what they are.

Oh. I meant like even when holding any other kind of cards (business, poker, etc) there's probably the urge to shuffle them too haha


When playing Magic I actually have the urge to shuffle chips.

Also, Alex Tamblyn on the SCG stream right now! I remember when this kid was literally 10 years old.

My case of poker chips are in storage since I just moved but normally during most games I have a stack on my desk to shuffle during down times, old habit from poker

Side note: Where is a good place to get sleeves and matching deck boxes, heard a lot of places sell sleeves that are too small for MTG?
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 04 2013 15:35 GMT
#6576
I always just order my Dragon Shield sleeves online, I don't think DS have matching deckboxes, but their sleeves are so much better/more comfortable than the ultra pro ones that I just kinda accepted the fact I'll never have a matching deckbox. Since you're in the US I'm pretty sure you can get all that kinda stuff on SCG etc. assuming your local game store doesn't have them.
Go big, or go home!
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
March 04 2013 15:42 GMT
#6577
I like pictures that sort of fit the theme of the deck and box/sleeves must match lol, currently leaning towards the Elesh Norn set
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
March 04 2013 15:47 GMT
#6578
how is edh on mtgo? thinking about trying out decks on there before committing to paper cards
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 16:16:35
March 04 2013 16:09 GMT
#6579
Commander builds vary whether you play 1v1 more than you play multiplayer. There's a French ban list for 1v1 and rightfully so.

Edit:

Also, you might want to consider the implications of playing high-powered decks where your friends/people no longer want to play with you. There's fun as in, hey that was a cool play, and then there's fun as in, only for you and your friends probably want to slash your tires on their way home.
Get it by your hands...
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
March 04 2013 20:52 GMT
#6580
yea my cousin just found that out the hard way, I thought him how to play better and rebuilt his deck to not be total trash and now his friends won't play with him anymore
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Prev 1 327 328 329 330 331 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 660
soO 527
BeSt 402
Hyuk 394
Killer 47
Mind 41
Shinee 34
Mong 30
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 9
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 615
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister727
ceh9559
Happy315
Livibee162
Mew2King81
ArmadaUGS53
crisheroes46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH368
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt438
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 10m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.