• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:51
CEST 09:51
KST 16:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12034 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 328

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 326 327 328 329 330 665 Next
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
March 03 2013 06:19 GMT
#6541
2 Psychic Strike? Wow, I need to test more, that's more mainboard 3-CMC permission than I was ready for in a sucessful Esper list. And not a one Lingering Souls in the whole 75! Very cool though, very cool list.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 06:56:30
March 03 2013 06:55 GMT
#6542
On March 03 2013 14:50 Judicator wrote:
I'll send the one my friend took to the SCG Classic in Louisville, he dropped by FMN to borrow it and we talked for like 15 minutes in between rounds about the Jund match up and what to do about it.

+ Show Spoiler +

// Lands
4 [ISD] Isolated Chapel
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
4 [M13] Glacial Fortress
4 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
1 [RTR] Island (1)
1 [AVR] Swamp (3)
1 [M13] Plains (4)
3 [GTC] Watery Grave
3 [ISD] Nephalia Drownyard
1 [GTC] Godless Shrine

// Creatures
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [M13] Augur of Bolas
1 [AVR] Restoration Angel
1 [GTC] Obzedat, Ghost Council

// Spells
4 [RTR] Sphinx's Revelation
1 [DKA] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
4 [RTR] Supreme Verdict
3 [ISD] Dissipate
2 [M13] Jace, Memory Adept
1 [GTC] Dimir Charm
2 [DKA] Tragic Slip
1 [RTR] Ultimate Price
2 [ISD] Forbidden Alchemy
1 [AVR] Terminus
2 [RTR] Azorius Charm
2 [ISD] Think Twice
1 [M13] Planar Cleansing
2 [GTC] Psychic Strike

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [AVR] Restoration Angel
SB: 1 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [RTR] Detention Sphere
SB: 2 [GTC] Devour Flesh
SB: 1 [RTR] Dispel
SB: 2 [M13] Negate
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
SB: 2 [RTR] Rest in Peace
SB: 1 [RTR] Psychic Spiral
SB: 1 [ISD] Witchbane Orb
SB: 2 [M13] Duress


That was what he took to Louisville, dunno what exactly what he did to it, although if I had to guess, the Dimir Charm/Sorin/some combination of removal came out for the Angel and others.

Edit:

Took home 600 bucks, he's buying my next draft.


Interesting. Why Psychic Strike? Milling two doesn't seem very important at all in a deck that isn't trying to race in the slightest. Wouldn't you rather have 4 Dissipates, and 1 Psychic Strike because you can't run 5 Dissipates?
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 06:56:57
March 03 2013 06:56 GMT
#6543
The mana cost being 1UB instead of 1UU is relevant.
Idk if that's the reason, but that's the reason I would guess.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 03 2013 07:01 GMT
#6544
On March 03 2013 15:56 BlueBird. wrote:
The mana cost being 1UB instead of 1UU is relevant.
Idk if that's the reason, but that's the reason I would guess.


3/2 seems like kind of a bizarre split, because the cards are so similar you'd assume one would be better/easier to cast than the other, so it should be 4/1 that way. Fairly minor nitpick but it still kind of bothers the eyes.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
March 03 2013 07:04 GMT
#6545
Yeah. They both have exactly the same role, so one should be stronger than the other. It'd be different if it was, say, Dissipate and Mana Leak, which each perform different tasks.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 07:44:04
March 03 2013 07:40 GMT
#6546
You can get people by only having one blue mana up if they don't know your list and saw you play dissipates earlier. diversifying your reactive spells in control decks is really common, I wouldn't be shocked if it makes a big difference,

Also, Its probably not relevant, but uncounterable cranial on dissipate isn't as big of a deal when its a 3-2 instead of 4-1 split. I don't think it's likely they target dissipate though.

Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
March 03 2013 07:50 GMT
#6547
The one blue mana thing does make sense, admittedly...dunno if it's worth it though.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
Salivanth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia1071 Posts
March 03 2013 07:52 GMT
#6548
The one blue mana thing does make sense, admittedly...dunno if it's worth it though.
<@Wikt> so you are one of those nega-fans <@Wikt> that hates the company that makes a game and everything they stand for <@Wikt> but still plays the game <@Wikt> (like roughly 30% of blizzard's player base, maybe much more...)
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 09:22:53
March 03 2013 08:06 GMT
#6549
Can anyone recommend me a good single player MtG game? One where I can still fully customize a deck and play against several AIs? And pretty much have access to a lot of the cards cards via them already being in the game from the beginning or a hack?

For example, this is essentially how I got into Yugioh by playing the GBA and DS games. I could fully customize a deck and play against several AIs.
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
March 03 2013 09:03 GMT
#6550
This doesnt exist, Duels of the planeswalkers is the closest thing but you wont have access to all the cards and the customization is limited. Shandalar doesnt count because thats a 1997 game.
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 09:25:44
March 03 2013 09:20 GMT
#6551
On March 03 2013 18:03 Louuster wrote:
This doesnt exist, Duels of the planeswalkers is the closest thing but you wont have access to all the cards and the customization is limited. Shandalar doesnt count because thats a 1997 game.

Do any unofficial games exist that match my description? Also, I may have made a mistake, I don't need EVERY existing card. But a decent number would be nice.

I've edited my previous post to more accurately reflect my desires.

And if it doesn't exist, let's take the AI opponents off the list then. What's the best free MtG program where you can have access to all the cards from the beginning and for free? As well as has an active community around that program that doesn't mind helping a guy learn to play?
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
esfr`Netsky
Profile Joined May 2010
France47 Posts
March 03 2013 10:16 GMT
#6552
Cockatrice is nice but i heard they are going to shut down soon.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 03 2013 12:21 GMT
#6553
You can use Magic Workstation and play on http://www.magic-league.com. The competition is pretty weak, but they play all formats, and it's probably good for a beginner because you'll encounter a huge array of decks, from top tier to Makoto tier.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 16:10:26
March 03 2013 16:07 GMT
#6554
There was an old game called "Shandalar" that had all the cards in it and had a single player campagin.

It's a bit old though

Oh, ninja'd. But it does count.

Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 16:24:02
March 03 2013 16:16 GMT
#6555
On March 03 2013 16:01 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2013 15:56 BlueBird. wrote:
The mana cost being 1UB instead of 1UU is relevant.
Idk if that's the reason, but that's the reason I would guess.


3/2 seems like kind of a bizarre split, because the cards are so similar you'd assume one would be better/easier to cast than the other, so it should be 4/1 that way. Fairly minor nitpick but it still kind of bothers the eyes.


The numbers aren't set and it's just what I am playing at the minute aka last night. The 3/2 split is something I typically start from.

As for Psychic Strike over the 4th dissipate, blue can be a problem, Snapcastering back a Dissipate would take too much Blue at any point in the game (especially post-board ones) and Dissipate is a better mainboard hedge against Reanimators. Neither card isn't too difficult to cast by themselves, but the Snapcaster lines do need to be considered. To some extent the Augur lines as well.

Like I said earlier, I am just exploring WT's list a bit more to see if the Strikes have any merits and so far they haven't been dead. The Duress in the board has been worth it, though I have to decide how much more I want to put into the Jund match up, namely Pithing Needle.

Edit:

As for the mill 2 on Strike, it's been kind of worth it with the interaction on Azorius Charm since most players do not play something pre-combat against me. Although just having the hard counter in your hand sometimes makes all the difference, as in when I do stabilize it's a much harder lock than usual. I am guessing this was the intention of Wafo-Tapa since he's confident in his ability to get to that point in the game.

Edit2:

Also, I am not sure about players dropping Augur on 2 in the dark on game 1, I have seen this done a lot, both on stream and in testing. Depends on the hand for sure, but unless you know I don't think you should just drop the Augur on 2.
Get it by your hands...
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
March 03 2013 18:01 GMT
#6556
Man, sometimes playing online is just the worst. So I'm playing Conleys MBC on mtgo and I'm playing against esper control. I turn 3 liliana and we both do nothing except I am ticking up liliana. Guy then just starts to rage at me telling me I'm an idiot playing a bad deck and that I am wasting his time blah blah blah the usual. Also, for some reason he always drownyards me on my upkeep for some reason which I obviously comment on how bad that is and he replies with "At least I know what I am doing" and goes afk. This is why paper magic will always be better. No pussys hiding behind a screen.
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
March 03 2013 18:08 GMT
#6557
A control player raging at another player who doesn't do anything proactively? Interesting.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
MaestroSC
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2073 Posts
March 03 2013 19:32 GMT
#6558
just pulled an obzedat, ghost council, and a boros reckoner in the same draft =D
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
March 03 2013 19:39 GMT
#6559
On March 04 2013 03:01 DEN1ED wrote:
Man, sometimes playing online is just the worst. So I'm playing Conleys MBC on mtgo and I'm playing against esper control. I turn 3 liliana and we both do nothing except I am ticking up liliana. Guy then just starts to rage at me telling me I'm an idiot playing a bad deck and that I am wasting his time blah blah blah the usual. Also, for some reason he always drownyards me on my upkeep for some reason which I obviously comment on how bad that is and he replies with "At least I know what I am doing" and goes afk. This is why paper magic will always be better. No pussys hiding behind a screen.

The plus side of MtGO is that it's super convenient if you just want to play a game and I think a lot of cards are also cheaper than irl. The downside is rude people. Also, I like the feel of real cards.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
March 03 2013 20:04 GMT
#6560
Is it odd that while playing mtgo I like to have a hand full of paper cards to shuffle around?
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Prev 1 326 327 328 329 330 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 652
soO 533
BeSt 443
Hyuk 406
Killer 66
Mind 40
Shinee 37
Mong 34
Bale 25
ZergMaN 12
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever932
XaKoH 659
XcaliburYe179
League of Legends
JimRising 516
Other Games
summit1g9655
olofmeister705
ceh9503
Happy276
Livibee166
Mew2King81
crisheroes70
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick544
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH375
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2307
League of Legends
• Rush1385
• Stunt443
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 10m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.