• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:59
CEST 04:59
KST 11:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9542 users

Diablo III General Discussion - Page 288

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 286 287 288 289 290 1109 Next
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
September 08 2011 15:08 GMT
#5741
I've got the same bug, plus I can't even log in, game crashes soon as I do.

Lot of people are getting it though in bug forums.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51693 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 15:50:26
September 08 2011 15:50 GMT
#5742
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?
Commentator
Mentymion
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany259 Posts
September 08 2011 15:53 GMT
#5743
On September 09 2011 00:50 GTR wrote:
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?


I haven't seen a Stream or VOD that uses these new Rune System or does that come with a higher character level ?
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
September 08 2011 15:54 GMT
#5744
On September 09 2011 00:50 GTR wrote:
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?


People seem to be finishing the beta around level 11 or 12... it's only a small part of Act1 I believe. All the classes are in it but most of the content is not there.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
September 08 2011 15:56 GMT
#5745
On September 09 2011 00:50 GTR wrote:
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?


The Beta goes up until Leoric, which is just a part of act 1. Maybe around half, I don't know. Everything that should be obtainable up to that point is avaible, IIRC. Skills, itens, everything that you get past that point are not avaible. Arena and PvP in general is also not avaible. Runes are obtained past that point, so they are also not in the Beta. I think that's about it, if I recall correctly.
Takyn
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany42 Posts
September 08 2011 15:56 GMT
#5746
The beta only gives you access to 1/3 or 1/2 of act 1 on normal difficulty which will get you up to level 12 or 13 I think.
NostalgiaTag
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada508 Posts
September 08 2011 16:00 GMT
#5747
On September 09 2011 00:04 Reasonable wrote:
I really liked selling items to vendors. It added realism and satisfied my mercantile nature


As fun as that may have been I'm a long time D2 player and I gotta tell you if I had a merchant walking around with me everywhere id be throwing items at him like a baker throws cupcakes at a fat boy. It speeds up the game by so much more, instead of portaling back to town taking 2-5 mins now you can simply open inventory hold shift and left click items to sell/disenchant.

The only thing thats worrying me is the decision to sell or disenchant.. eventually there will arise a better decision cause one or the others gonna give you a better benefit, gold to trade for items, or craft items to try get better gear. Gonna be interesting but once people figure out which is better I'm worried the other option will be void. =I

Another thing I'm kinda annoyed at looking at how the gold system works.. If gold is eventually going to be a ways of trading what are the costs gonna be end game? Like 10,000,000 gold? thats redic! In wow theres like gold and stuff, a combo of copper/silver. Is this maybe a good choice? like 1,000,000 = 1 gold Bar?

Could be something worth looking into.

One last thing... people have been selling items for like 250 gold each.. then picking up 2-8 gold on the ground... kinda seems like a waste of time picking up gold...
Look for the flaw that lost the game not the flaw in the game.
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
September 08 2011 16:00 GMT
#5748
runes are missing in the beta, yes. also there is only one profession available. there are 2 more afaik
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
NostalgiaTag
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada508 Posts
September 08 2011 16:11 GMT
#5749
On September 09 2011 00:50 GTR wrote:
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?


Happy Birthday GTR!

So currently the only thing in the Friends and Family Beta at the moment* is all 5 class's (Barb, Wiz, Demon H, Monk, and Witch D). The game only goes to the quest where you kill the Skeleton king, approx game length of 3-4 hours. and the selection of items so far is fairly low, only one "unique", renamed legendary. Crafting is in but I've seen very little of it so far. There are skills in the game but your limited to only having 3 active at a time.

Hope that helps.
Look for the flaw that lost the game not the flaw in the game.
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
September 08 2011 16:19 GMT
#5750
On September 09 2011 01:00 Tag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 00:04 Reasonable wrote:
I really liked selling items to vendors. It added realism and satisfied my mercantile nature


As fun as that may have been I'm a long time D2 player and I gotta tell you if I had a merchant walking around with me everywhere id be throwing items at him like a baker throws cupcakes at a fat boy. It speeds up the game by so much more, instead of portaling back to town taking 2-5 mins now you can simply open inventory hold shift and left click items to sell/disenchant.

The only thing thats worrying me is the decision to sell or disenchant.. eventually there will arise a better decision cause one or the others gonna give you a better benefit, gold to trade for items, or craft items to try get better gear. Gonna be interesting but once people figure out which is better I'm worried the other option will be void. =I

Another thing I'm kinda annoyed at looking at how the gold system works.. If gold is eventually going to be a ways of trading what are the costs gonna be end game? Like 10,000,000 gold? thats redic! In wow theres like gold and stuff, a combo of copper/silver. Is this maybe a good choice? like 1,000,000 = 1 gold Bar?

Could be something worth looking into.

One last thing... people have been selling items for like 250 gold each.. then picking up 2-8 gold on the ground... kinda seems like a waste of time picking up gold...

Eh....picking up gold seems kind of pointless, but as long as you're not going OCD at having to pick up every little piece, it can really add up in the long run. I know whenever I hit gold chests and the like that spewed out tons of small amounts of gold, I would always clean up.
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:31:06
September 08 2011 16:27 GMT
#5751
On September 09 2011 01:11 Tag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 00:50 GTR wrote:
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?


Happy Birthday GTR!

So currently the only thing in the Friends and Family Beta at the moment* is all 5 class's (Barb, Wiz, Demon H, Monk, and Witch D). The game only goes to the quest where you kill the Skeleton king, approx game length of 3-4 hours. and the selection of items so far is fairly low, only one "unique", renamed legendary. Crafting is in but I've seen very little of it so far. There are skills in the game but your limited to only having 3 active at a time.

Hope that helps.

not completely correct. if you reach lvl 12, you get a 4th skill slot and the crafting is only limited by the character level. you can train the artisan skill pretty high, but you cant craft the unlocked items because either the mats for them aren't available or the lvl requirement is too high
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
RoK Ot7Er
Profile Joined June 2010
United States219 Posts
September 08 2011 16:31 GMT
#5752
On September 09 2011 00:53 Mentymion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 00:50 GTR wrote:
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?


I haven't seen a Stream or VOD that uses these new Rune System or does that come with a higher character level ?


I'm pretty sure theres a couple blue posts saying that the end of the beta is shortly before runes start appearing, so no runes in beta it looks like
Engore
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1916 Posts
September 08 2011 17:55 GMT
#5753
ehhhhhhhhhhh ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. God I hope I can get into public beta :p

So many years with this game. I've payed my child support Blizzard. Give me my beta invite please!
EG | Liquid | Dignitas | FXO | SlayerS | TSL | iS | Fan of pretty much all players ^_^ | SeleCT <3 forever! Axslav <3
Gescom
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada3516 Posts
September 08 2011 18:27 GMT
#5754
On September 09 2011 01:31 RoK Ot7Er wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 00:53 Mentymion wrote:
On September 09 2011 00:50 GTR wrote:
can anybody summarise what's not in the beta at the moment that will be updated later?

(like are they missing classes/acts/items/skills)?


I haven't seen a Stream or VOD that uses these new Rune System or does that come with a higher character level ?


I'm pretty sure theres a couple blue posts saying that the end of the beta is shortly before runes start appearing, so no runes in beta it looks like

Runes start appearing in Act2, so we won't see them. ;0
Jaedong Hyuk || Bisu Jangbi || Fantasy Flash
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 18:48:56
September 08 2011 18:48 GMT
#5755
On September 09 2011 01:11 Tag wrote:
and the selection of items so far is fairly low, only one "unique", renamed legendary.


Anyone has a link to the image of that item?
Brood War is forever
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2011 19:39 GMT
#5756
So is there anything we dont like from what we've seen in the beta.

Also, who will be starting a D3 Guild? I can help with that if possible.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Axero
Profile Joined September 2011
United States307 Posts
September 08 2011 19:50 GMT
#5757
On September 09 2011 04:39 Torte de Lini wrote:
So is there anything we dont like from what we've seen in the beta.

Also, who will be starting a D3 Guild? I can help with that if possible.


I don't like what witch doctors look like without any armor on. >.>

I looked around in some of the posts but I didn't really see anything about it, does anyone know the cap on players in a game?
☺
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2011 19:51 GMT
#5758
4 players per game I believe.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Axero
Profile Joined September 2011
United States307 Posts
September 08 2011 19:56 GMT
#5759
On September 09 2011 04:51 Torte de Lini wrote:
4 players per game I believe.


Hm... I wonder why they lowered it... I was thinking they would either keep it the same as D2 or increase it slightly.
☺
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 08 2011 19:58 GMT
#5760
I was hoping for the same as D2, but I forget why, they had a logical basis, just not one I agree with
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 286 287 288 289 290 1109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 240
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1116
NeuroSwarm200
febbydoto16
League of Legends
Doublelift5452
JimRising 703
Counter-Strike
taco 259
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King316
hungrybox115
Other Games
summit1g9874
Maynarde214
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 191
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo636
• Rush348
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 1m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.