• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:17
CEST 06:17
KST 13:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7902 users

Real-Time Chess - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
ezchiiz
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada23 Posts
March 17 2010 20:33 GMT
#41
On March 18 2010 05:28 noddyz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2010 04:57 0x64 wrote:
fun game but have some big issues, latency already handles badly for a starting player like myself.
The server doesnt have enough player to be animated, in one hour you know everyone and its hard to find a game. The starting step is very high


I think the lack of players and steep learning curve are kind of related. The players there are really good so new people who come just get hammered. Shame, because it's a great game and really fun when you find someone at your level to play.


Yeah I agree. I feel that this game has a lot of potential when I play it >_<... there was some nice people that were helping me get better though and I had a lot of fun even though I lost the majority of my games =P. btw I think I played you, my name was savior =D.
jiabung
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States720 Posts
March 17 2010 20:35 GMT
#42
Is the site down right now?
I just watched the awesome youtube video and want to play quite badly.
noddyz
Profile Joined October 2008
United Kingdom462 Posts
March 17 2010 20:37 GMT
#43
On March 18 2010 05:35 jiabung wrote:
Is the site down right now?
I just watched the awesome youtube video and want to play quite badly.


I think so. It crashed and now i cant get back on. I think all 5 of us from teamliquid may have overloaded it
?
iliera
Profile Joined January 2010
Estonia78 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 20:43:26
March 17 2010 20:40 GMT
#44
just played it.. 1v1 is fun for training your skills.. but 2v2 oh man. it is so awesome, even if u lose.. it's all about reflexes and shit

anyhow i can't log in anymore somehow.. says something like "tempest was unable to check for updates" blabla

aah tempestchess.com is also down, no idea what's happening.. they prolly have server down or smth like that
SOB_Maj_Brian
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States522 Posts
March 17 2010 20:41 GMT
#45
Yeah I got the same message... trying to play this game in class was hilarious. I think I played you a few games iliera?
noddyz
Profile Joined October 2008
United Kingdom462 Posts
March 17 2010 20:43 GMT
#46
Websites down too
?
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
March 17 2010 20:46 GMT
#47
On March 17 2010 16:22 deathgod6 wrote:
I don't stalk, I'm observant.

Indeed, bughouse is fun.

Thanks for sharing, OP. This game is soooo good.


oh wow, you got almost 4k posts... I need to be more observant I suppose.
Nuttyguy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom1526 Posts
March 17 2010 21:59 GMT
#48
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GAME f yeah manged to beat jaeodong and ihtel after they swapped seats with nbtnbt5
GG
nbtnbt5
Profile Joined March 2009
232 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-17 23:27:21
March 17 2010 22:10 GMT
#49
Haha, this is fun. I'm playing vs jaedong and ihtel, we keep losing though cause im getting raped by ihtel >.>

imo 2v2ers are funner than 1v1s =)
Yellow: "Well boxer's kind of a tool like that, wanting to bunker rush me all the time but hiding it behind all that deception."
Nuttyguy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom1526 Posts
March 17 2010 22:19 GMT
#50
i would play more but tests are tommorrow only 1 hour to revise for a pratical and a 35? minute test
jiabung
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States720 Posts
March 17 2010 22:48 GMT
#51
I'm watching QuoVadis own nbtnbt5 right now after he owned me a couple of games...
It's like watching korean progamers play D rank on iccup... Soo good.. can't even kill his two knights

I'm Jaedong on tempest btw hihi you guys
flip
Profile Joined March 2010
Portugal5 Posts
March 17 2010 23:12 GMT
#52
lol crazy shit, I'm Gramophone over there btw
Can't play Fast yet o_O ,but had some regular Standard GG's
iliera
Profile Joined January 2010
Estonia78 Posts
March 17 2010 23:26 GMT
#53
lol i'm Ihtel.. it's a lot of fun but i got frustrated when all of those superpros came..
jcu
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada93 Posts
March 17 2010 23:43 GMT
#54
Haven't played this version, but I think like six/seven years ago it used to be called kung fu chess. Server went down though I believe.
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
March 17 2010 23:55 GMT
#55
On March 18 2010 07:10 nbtnbt5 wrote:
Haha, this is fun. I'm playing vs jaedong and ihtel, we keep losing though cause im getting raped by ihtel >.>

imo 2v2ers are funner than 1v1s =)


hehe I played my first games vs you ^^

So much fun O:
Pawsom
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States928 Posts
March 18 2010 00:35 GMT
#56
On March 18 2010 08:26 iliera wrote:
lol i'm Ihtel.. it's a lot of fun but i got frustrated when all of those superpros came..


So rude say gg!
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
March 18 2010 00:48 GMT
#57
It's surprisingly fun !
I'm not particularly good at chess but not only is fun to watch but also to play, lol.
Unfortunately, I'm from europe and I have a pretty big ping on the server, so playing against americans is kinda tough since you all guys have a very good ping and I always get owned by it (it's very important, since it's all based on speed) ...
Oh well, still very fun, I'll try it later against other europeans. ^^
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
OmgIRok
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Taiwan2699 Posts
March 18 2010 00:51 GMT
#58
damn i played for like 10 minutes today,
chesswiz doing some imba zerg rush pawn strat QQ

almost had him this one time though =[[[
Im like 0-20 lol
"Wanna join my [combo] clan?" "We play turret d competitively"
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 18 2010 01:37 GMT
#59
this sounds like perfect for me being a chess and sc player
MUST TRY
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
CommanderFluffy
Profile Joined June 2008
Taiwan1059 Posts
March 18 2010 01:47 GMT
#60
wow this looks really intense

Pain is temporary, but glory is forever.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
FoxeR 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4530
Leta 1817
ViBE127
Bale 52
Shine 21
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Other Games
summit1g8260
WinterStarcraft540
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick614
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta23
• Letter1414
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota219
League of Legends
• Lourlo859
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 44m
Patches Events
10h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 44m
OSC
18h 44m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.