• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:45
CEST 15:45
KST 22:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7818 users

[Interview] Daum OSL Semi-final #2

Forum Index > Featured Threads
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-07-13 13:31:01
July 13 2007 11:00 GMT
#1
[image loading]


GGPlay (Z, Hanbit Stars)


- It will be your first ever finals.
▶ This is the happiest day ever since I started my progaming career. Our Coach let me focus by removing me from the Proleague entry, so I had a lot of time to practice. My teammates also helped me wholeheartedly whenever I asked, even though they had Proleague games themselves. I am very grateful to them.

- You answered the criticism of being a "Round of 16 Zerg"
▶ I feel that I still had a lot to learn. While I was playing Flash, I realized again that I still had a ways to go. I will address my weaknesses to play my best games in the finals.

- What parts of your game are lacking?
▶ I felt that I lost the mind games. My opponent knew me and my style very well. I don't think I can afford to play standard anymore. I will have to consider my opponent and prepare customized gameplans.

- What was the hardest game?
▶ The fifth set on Fantasy was the most difficult. One game decides if you go to the finals or not. When I sent my drone to scout I didn't think it would be a no-rax Double CC. But it was. I thought I would lose when I saw that.

- You took a win in Monty Hall, the 'Zerg graveyard.'
▶ Qoo)kuni came and encouraged me a lot after the third game. It helped me stay loose and not get nervous. The game opened in a way that I was familiar from in practice, so I thought that I would be ok as long as I let my game unfold. I was able to win by getting a big advantage through my zerglings.

- Who did you first think of after you won?
▶ I'm thankful to everybody. I thought of my teammates, my parents, and my friends. I thought of my girlfriend of 500 days. But the first people who came in my head were my teammates, who have been through so much with me.

- What did Coach Lee Jae-Gyun say after the match? Your appearance in the finals is also a big deal for Hanbit.
▶ He just told me I did well. I hadn't been able to think about anything else (the significance for Hanbit) because I was focusing on preparing for the matches.

- There was no special ceremony after your win. Will you show us something in the finals?
▶ I don't know. I'll think about it back at the team house. I'm introverted, so I don't think it'll come that easily.

- You have a lot of male fans, with deep voices. Do you ever wish for more female fans?
▶ When I heard them cheer for me I was surprised. I think they like the way I play. The more fans the better, whether they are male or female, but I can't force anybody. I think that as long as I work hard, my fans will increase.

- You will face Iris in the finals.
▶ Iris is really good at mind games. I'll have to use my head, do a lot of thinking. When I practice, it will be better for me to spend some time to think and prepare build orders, instead of just aimlessly trying to play a lot of games.

- You have no experience in any kind of finals. How will you deal with the anxiety?
▶ I've been a progamer for a long time, so I don't really pay attention to how big the crowd is or anything. Many fans came today but instead of getting nervous I only thought that I should play that much better. The size of the stage doesn't matter. I'd be nervous if I weren't prepared, but I won't have any problems as long as I play the game with confidence.

- What are your thoughts on Flash?
▶ I always thought he was good. Playing him, I realize that he's also good at the mental game and his play is strong. He seems like a very good player. It was my first best-of-five, and it was pretty fun. I want to keep playing best-of-fives in the future.

- Most of your teammates came to cheer you on.
▶ I told then not to come because it would be added pressure. But once I started playing, they gave me a lot of strength. I wouldn't be here without my teammates. I'm very grateful.

- Anything else you'd like to say?
▶ As I was preparing for the semis, I thought that many fans would be watching. I want to work hard and keep winning so that I don't dissapoint those fans.




***

Been a long time since I did one of these. ^_^
returns upon momentous occasions.
Highways
Profile Joined July 2005
Australia6122 Posts
July 13 2007 11:03 GMT
#2
Thanks alot
#1 Terran hater
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 13 2007 11:12 GMT
#3
whooo looking forward so much to the finals now ^^
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
July 13 2007 11:13 GMT
#4
man i fucking love GGPlay

i dunno who I want to win this final more
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
logitech
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada230 Posts
July 13 2007 11:15 GMT
#5
nicely done, thank you so much
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
July 13 2007 11:19 GMT
#6
Wait, no one did Iris' interview either?
returns upon momentous occasions.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
July 13 2007 11:40 GMT
#7
On July 13 2007 20:19 HonestTea wrote:
Wait, no one did Iris' interview either?

nope there hasn't been any interview translations in a long time
Official Entusman #21
Piano
Profile Joined June 2007
Korea (South)401 Posts
July 13 2007 12:00 GMT
#8
go ggplay! ^^
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
July 13 2007 12:31 GMT
#9
GL GGplay!

I hope he doesn't get too caught up in the mind game thing <_<
Pods
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States81 Posts
July 13 2007 12:45 GMT
#10
both iris and ggplay seem like such decent and thankful guys. if only they both could win
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
July 13 2007 12:54 GMT
#11
GGPlay s2
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
July 13 2007 13:18 GMT
#12
Thanks for both the interviews HT!
GGPlay is baller, first Hanbit in 5 years and a 500-day-old Girlfriend
:Dtytyty
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
July 13 2007 13:21 GMT
#13
Thanks Honest
Moderator<:3-/-<
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
July 13 2007 13:24 GMT
#14
On July 13 2007 20:19 HonestTea wrote:
Wait, no one did Iris' interview either?


man nobody's doing any interviews anymore

back in the day we had interviews after everything
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
July 13 2007 13:44 GMT
#15
gg yo!
Man I'd cheer for zerg anyday. GOGO!
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
TheFoReveRwaR
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States10657 Posts
July 13 2007 14:01 GMT
#16
Translating doesn't seem like easy work Thanks a lot for the interviews. Both these guys deserve the title, which makes me happy. Although I want GGplay to take it because him being in the final on these maps is that much more impressive to me.
Being healthy, it has been said, really consists of having the same disease as everybody else.
.dragoon
Profile Joined May 2007
United States749 Posts
July 13 2007 14:52 GMT
#17
Honest Tea
If you can, then do. If I can, I will.
GongKyuckTerran
Profile Joined March 2006
Croatia1096 Posts
July 13 2007 18:16 GMT
#18
gl in final ggplay !
Ultras di Spalato, Etre et durer
Gokey
Profile Joined November 2006
United States2722 Posts
July 14 2007 01:22 GMT
#19
ggplay is so manner =)

<3
ManaBlue
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Canada10458 Posts
July 14 2007 03:26 GMT
#20
Thanks for the translation HonestTea!

He won't beat Iris.
ModeratorTL VOD legends: Live2Win, hasuprotoss, Cadical, rinizim, Mani, thedeadhaji, Kennigit, SonuvBob, yakii, fw, pheer, CDRdude, pholon, Uraeus, zatic, baezzi. The contributors make this site what it is. *Props to FakeSteve for respecting the guitar gods*
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex115
CosmosSc2 32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 115
CosmosSc2 32
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
Yoon 46
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
canceldota66
Counter-Strike
fl0m1862
Fnx 550
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King172
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko390
Other Games
gofns22591
singsing2178
olofmeister1170
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee184
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
Khaldor54
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade512
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 15m
The PondCast
20h 15m
INu's Battles
21h 15m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.