• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:08
CEST 14:08
KST 21:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202618Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10462 users

MarineKing Fan Club - Page 50

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 507 Next
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
May 21 2011 11:36 GMT
#981
On May 20 2011 18:43 dunc wrote:
wow I'm going to need to go to Sweden this summer


We should make some kind of fanclub message to show him some support, get it printed out on some decent card and someone going to dreamhack can give it to him at the event or something.
haruk
Profile Joined November 2010
216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 20:49:11
May 21 2011 20:25 GMT
#982
On May 18 2011 01:28 LemonyTang wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ever the innovator, MarineKing demonstrating Terran burrow micro. (Joke courtesy of my friend!)


Hahahahaha! Did he lose? I'm sorry I'm laughing but omg I just love this kid! When was this?

Edit: But seriously, John, if you're reading this, tell him he's got to learn to stop wearing his heart on his sleeve (though this is prolly one of the things we love about him). He has to develop his win/lose postgame face! He said he envies MVP his nerves of steel and he is right about that.

And btw, yeah... take a look.
FXOpen Invitational #3
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=209657
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 12:51:40
May 23 2011 12:50 GMT
#983
More MarineKing fanart, not sure if I should link the pictures here so I'll just link the site :o:
http://xlithiumflowerx.deviantart.com/art/MarineKing-monochrome-190175687
http://xlithiumflowerx.deviantart.com/art/MarineKing-pink-nightmare-190156582

Hope he does well vs Squirtle and in Dreamhack!

On May 21 2011 20:36 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 18:43 dunc wrote:
wow I'm going to need to go to Sweden this summer


We should make some kind of fanclub message to show him some support, get it printed out on some decent card and someone going to dreamhack can give it to him at the event or something.


Yes! I'd go but I'm already on holiday by the time Dreamhack is going on :[ Sighhhhhhhhhh, I want his autograph so bad.

On May 22 2011 05:25 haruk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 01:28 LemonyTang wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ever the innovator, MarineKing demonstrating Terran burrow micro. (Joke courtesy of my friend!)


Hahahahaha! Did he lose? I'm sorry I'm laughing but omg I just love this kid! When was this?

Edit: But seriously, John, if you're reading this, tell him he's got to learn to stop wearing his heart on his sleeve (though this is prolly one of the things we love about him). He has to develop his win/lose postgame face! He said he envies MVP his nerves of steel and he is right about that.

And btw, yeah... take a look.
FXOpen Invitational #3
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=209657


It was MarineKing vs DRG, ace match in Prime vs MVP and yes he lost :<
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
May 23 2011 13:56 GMT
#984
He has been my favorite SC2 progamer ever since I watched him destroy fruitdealer in GSL S2. I really hope he does well in dreamhack and the superGSL, he deserves a major win.

On that note I was pretty disappointed he was ranked 10th on the Just desserts feature, I really think hes above July/MMA/bomber, probably deserves a spot around 5-6. I hope he lives up to my expectations.
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 14:21:43
May 23 2011 14:01 GMT
#985
On May 23 2011 22:56 Disquiet wrote:
He has been my favorite SC2 progamer ever since I watched him destroy fruitdealer in GSL S2. I really hope he does well in dreamhack and the superGSL, he deserves a major win.

On that note I was pretty disappointed he was ranked 10th on the Just desserts feature, I really think hes above July/MMA/bomber, probably deserves a spot around 5-6. I hope he lives up to my expectations.


He's easily #4(or #2 since the ranking of 1-3 is pretty retarded on that list as well and they should be tied if anything), I don't know what TL has against him but it's pretty disgusting. Same shit with the TSL, where he had better achievements than nearly every invite. MC/MVP both recognize him as an insane player, I'm pretty sure Bomber/July etc. can't say that even though I'm a fan of them both.

He's consistent and probably the most feared Terran after MVP and I have a feeling he'll be part of the elite four for a long time.


It also makes me angry people are trying to compare scFou to MarineKing.. Scfou vs Tester/Sanzenith are the most painful series I've watched with the most awful micro I have ever witnessed(barring Grubby vs Artosis), don't think it's fair to take away from such a consistent player by comparing new players to him all the time(like MMA and SC)
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 14:57:59
May 23 2011 14:55 GMT
#986
The dessert ranking is retarded yes : Bomber 4th? Before such a statement he should have to prove himself in code S / super tournament (I am a fan of him as well and I considered him top 3-4 terran since december/january (now 3!)? after the ygosu and Jinro's thoughts but we have seen with LosirA that code A results should not be considered the same as code S results so it's hard to rate now). Even the top 3 is weird : tied because they three are 2times champion at least, but how can you put Mvp 2nd and MC 3rd when Mvp's TvP made him fell to code A whereas MC's PvT only made him fell to Up&Down (where he beat Ryung convincively, whereas Mvp still seems to struggle against like every protoss)? NesTea is the current champion and he doesn't seem to have a "really weak" match-up so #1 is fine.
MMA #5 is a bit ridiculous (and I like MMA too but I feel that he has to prove himself in code S which I'm sure he'll be able to qualify) when terrans like NaDa who is consistent & solid in code S (GSTL is really not the same deal as GSL) are behind him. But anyways this ranking is probably not meant to be taken seriously.
Oh and for MKP he is the best player who has not yet won a GSL tournament (from results) and I'm sure that MC fears him more than he fears Mvp.
Btw I still don't know how he won against TT1 (fxopen invit 3 day 2 game 1!) with his "fly CC to the gold" strat.
WriterMaru
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 15:24:38
May 23 2011 15:11 GMT
#987
Even though I'm a huge fan of Nestea, MC has won every LAN he has attended and he looks a lot more dominant than Nestea. With the exception of the final.. nearly every game Nestea played this season could have gone either way. MC also won more than MVP so if they really feel the need to put people in rankings MC should be #1, MVP is considered the best player in the world(along with MC) by many whereas Nestea is only considered the best Zerg so MVP should be #2.

Bomber has been amazing for a long time but his televised matches haven't been too great before this Code A.. in fact last tournament(the Gainward) he got 2-0'd by MarineKing. MMA is FAR too overrated, so is Alicia. July/Nada are amazing and consistent but their results aren't on par with MarineKing's. I mean seriously, you think being in 3 out of 7 finals in the best tournament would solidify him as a top3/top4 player in the world but apparently people who have no results except for teamleague bo1s, and one season of doing well(Losira who looked awful this code S season, Alicia who is amazing but hasn't proven himself fully yet and Bomber who is also amazing but hasn't proven himself yet) are better than the only guy who can compete with the top3 players in a bo3/5/7.


edit: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=225392&currentpage=15#293 very good post from that thread.. and so damn true
bearhug
Profile Joined September 2010
United States999 Posts
May 23 2011 15:28 GMT
#988
And MKP is younger than all of the other top 10 in Just desserts article : MMA, Bomber, Alicia, July, NADA, Nestea are all 23 +; and MVP, MC are 20, Losira is 19.

MKP is only 17, will be 18 in two months. Who has the most potential? The answer is obvious....

We are dusts in the vast cosmic arena. Need to make the most out of life when we still have it.
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
May 23 2011 15:30 GMT
#989
On May 24 2011 00:11 dunc wrote:
Even though I'm a huge fan of Nestea, MC has won every LAN he has attended and he looks a lot more dominant than Nestea. With the exception of the final.. nearly every game Nestea played this season could have gone either way. MC also won more than MVP so if they really feel the need to put people in rankings MC should be #1, MVP is considered the best player in the world(along with MC) by many whereas Nestea is only considered the best Zerg so MVP should be #2.

Bomber has been amazing for a long time but his televised matches haven't been too great before this Code A.. in fact last tournament(the Gainward) he got 2-0'd by MarineKing. MMA is FAR too overrated, so is Alicia. July/Nada are amazing and consistent but their results aren't on par with MarineKing's. I mean seriously, you think being in 3 out of 7 finals in the best tournament would solidify him as a top3/top4 player in the world but apparently people who have no results except for teamleague bo1s, and one season of doing well(Losira who looked awful this code S season, Alicia who is amazing but hasn't proven himself fully yet and Bomber who is also amazing but hasn't proven himself yet) are better than the only guy who can compete with the top3 players in a bo3/5/7.


edit: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=225392&currentpage=15#293 very good post from that thread.. and so damn true

Yeah MarineKing should be #4 definitely. I think the top 5 would be 1. MC 2. NesTea 3. MVP 4. MarineKing 5. Bomber
Lionexx
Profile Joined March 2011
United States39 Posts
May 23 2011 15:49 GMT
#990
I am a fan ♥
Gl Hf ♥ :)
Exstasy
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom393 Posts
May 25 2011 20:36 GMT
#991
Who's excited for his game tomorrow? =D
Just got my 'Maring King' T shirt in from thehandsomenerd =D
Gracksaurusrex
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom171 Posts
May 25 2011 20:56 GMT
#992
Its a shame the MK has not been performing as well in recent GSL's
Shame that
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
May 25 2011 20:59 GMT
#993
On May 24 2011 00:30 MechKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 00:11 dunc wrote:
Even though I'm a huge fan of Nestea, MC has won every LAN he has attended and he looks a lot more dominant than Nestea. With the exception of the final.. nearly every game Nestea played this season could have gone either way. MC also won more than MVP so if they really feel the need to put people in rankings MC should be #1, MVP is considered the best player in the world(along with MC) by many whereas Nestea is only considered the best Zerg so MVP should be #2.

Bomber has been amazing for a long time but his televised matches haven't been too great before this Code A.. in fact last tournament(the Gainward) he got 2-0'd by MarineKing. MMA is FAR too overrated, so is Alicia. July/Nada are amazing and consistent but their results aren't on par with MarineKing's. I mean seriously, you think being in 3 out of 7 finals in the best tournament would solidify him as a top3/top4 player in the world but apparently people who have no results except for teamleague bo1s, and one season of doing well(Losira who looked awful this code S season, Alicia who is amazing but hasn't proven himself fully yet and Bomber who is also amazing but hasn't proven himself yet) are better than the only guy who can compete with the top3 players in a bo3/5/7.


edit: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=225392&currentpage=15#293 very good post from that thread.. and so damn true

Yeah MarineKing should be #4 definitely. I think the top 5 would be 1. MC 2. NesTea 3. MVP 4. MarineKing 5. Bomber


Yeah I agree with this.

To the poster above, he was in insane groups the last 2 seasons and I have no doubt he would have advanced if it was the old format(bo3) but yeah, bo1 anything can happen :[

Hopefully he'll do better now! Sure he'll manage to defeat Squirtle <3
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-25 21:16:19
May 25 2011 21:15 GMT
#994
I can kind of see why MKP might be a bit undervalued given his last two Code S performances, as well as disappointing team leagues.

Hopefully he wins tomorrow; it's going to be the first GSL day in ages I can't catch live and it has to be when one of my favourite players is playing, silly meetings Fingers crossed that when I get home there's good results to read!
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-25 22:02:16
May 25 2011 22:01 GMT
#995
People forget that a #2 finish is still better than everyone else that didn't finish #1. Nestea, MC, MVP all have 2 finals wins each but MKP has been in more finals than anyone (3). I really don't know how they could rank him #10, to me he's the undisputed 4th best player currently.
wat
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
May 25 2011 22:14 GMT
#996
People forgot pretty fast so they look at recent performances and overestimate BO1.
I dunno even if MC fell to up&down I still see him as the best player/protoss. This season MKP's loss against Alicia was nothing to be ashamed of, he should have won against NaDa but I don't know how that suddenly make you 10th one month after your final lol.
Anyways I'm excited to see him play, it'll be kind of difficult for him cuz he'll have to prepare for a lot of different MU (if FruitDealer wins) but he doesn't have too strong
opponents until Mvp in RO4 due to his high seed.
Btw I think that if he can beat Mvp (there will be less pressure cuz it'll not be final) he'll overcome his "forever 2nd" thingy and win the whole thing.
WriterMaru
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
May 25 2011 22:51 GMT
#997
There are many people who will never get the chance to be in the finals of the best SC2 league in the world.. MarineKing managed it three times. So yeah, he's proven himself. The powerrank TL made still makes me angry though :[
Syorm
Profile Joined April 2011
131 Posts
May 25 2011 23:23 GMT
#998
im soooooooo in
marine king forever
disturbed69
Profile Joined January 2011
France101 Posts
May 26 2011 08:03 GMT
#999
Marineking alias Ellenpage is #1 on the korean ladder ( followed by ST_Bomber, a zerg and scFou !)
Disquiet
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia628 Posts
May 26 2011 08:10 GMT
#1000
On May 26 2011 17:03 disturbed69 wrote:
Marineking alias Ellenpage is #1 on the korean ladder ( followed by ST_Bomber, a zerg and scFou !)

Any idea who the zerg is?

Also looking at the ladder, damn korea has so many good terrans, the top 20 is like 70% terran. I guess we can probably thank boxer, nada and flash for that, I'd imagine a lot of people are inspired to play terran by them.
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 507 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko276
LamboSC2 213
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24732
Calm 5990
Rain 1977
Bisu 1278
FanTaSy 992
Horang2 509
Jaedong 490
Rush 349
BeSt 316
Soma 252
[ Show more ]
Stork 223
Zeus 199
Mini 177
Light 115
Larva 110
Free 108
Snow 93
ZerO 90
Mong 88
Pusan 80
Barracks 77
Mind 73
910 69
Killer 46
Hyun 41
Sea.KH 38
ToSsGirL 36
NaDa 27
Shinee 26
Bale 24
Sexy 24
Hm[arnc] 20
Noble 15
sorry 15
Aegong 10
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7899
Counter-Strike
fl0m2299
olofmeister966
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Other Games
gofns30481
singsing1849
B2W.Neo629
dupreeh401
crisheroes268
ZerO(Twitch)3
hiko0
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2658
• Nemesis2100
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 53m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.