• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:21
CEST 14:21
KST 21:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9782 users

MarineKing Fan Club - Page 437

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 435 436 437 438 439 507 Next
rshawer
Profile Joined December 2012
178 Posts
August 04 2013 03:19 GMT
#8721
Honestly, as a MKP fan, I'm not even mad, this was huge for Jim, someone who doesn't have much opportunity. Him winning, could be good for the chinese scene. MKP got outplayed, and I guess that's that. I normally want MKP to win every tournament, but I guess Jim winning makes me happy too. He has been down on luck recently, due to visa issues, not his plays. So, GGWP, Jim...
MKP, go concentrate on the up and down, make it for season 3. Maybe you 'll get to face Jim again at a season final.
IMMoonLight
Profile Joined April 2012
Korea (South)332 Posts
August 04 2013 03:23 GMT
#8722
On August 04 2013 12:19 rshawer wrote:
Honestly, as a MKP fan, I'm not even mad, this was huge for Jim, someone who doesn't have much opportunity. Him winning, could be good for the chinese scene. MKP got outplayed, and I guess that's that. I normally want MKP to win every tournament, but I guess Jim winning makes me happy too. He has been down on luck recently, due to visa issues, not his plays. So, GGWP, Jim...
MKP, go concentrate on the up and down, make it for season 3. Maybe you 'll get to face Jim again at a season final.

Wish to see JIM on WCS AM final ,I think he has the chance to get the title of WCS AM if he never suffered the visa issues again。
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 04 2013 03:25 GMT
#8723
On August 04 2013 12:19 rshawer wrote:
Honestly, as a MKP fan, I'm not even mad, this was huge for Jim, someone who doesn't have much opportunity. Him winning, could be good for the chinese scene. MKP got outplayed, and I guess that's that. I normally want MKP to win every tournament, but I guess Jim winning makes me happy too. He has been down on luck recently, due to visa issues, not his plays. So, GGWP, Jim...
MKP, go concentrate on the up and down, make it for season 3. Maybe you 'll get to face Jim again at a season final.

Jim is an amazingly good and underrated player, too. Hopefully this just means that Marineking has gotten his TvP losses out of the way before the up and down matches ^^
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
MangoSnap
Profile Joined July 2012
United States184 Posts
August 04 2013 03:49 GMT
#8724
On August 04 2013 12:25 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 12:19 rshawer wrote:
Honestly, as a MKP fan, I'm not even mad, this was huge for Jim, someone who doesn't have much opportunity. Him winning, could be good for the chinese scene. MKP got outplayed, and I guess that's that. I normally want MKP to win every tournament, but I guess Jim winning makes me happy too. He has been down on luck recently, due to visa issues, not his plays. So, GGWP, Jim...
MKP, go concentrate on the up and down, make it for season 3. Maybe you 'll get to face Jim again at a season final.

Jim is an amazingly good and underrated player, too. Hopefully this just means that Marineking has gotten his TvP losses out of the way before the up and down matches ^^

Well he recently 2-0ed Hurricane, who was in Code S, so I wouldn't let this result get you down :D
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 04 2013 03:50 GMT
#8725
On August 04 2013 12:49 MangoSnap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 12:25 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On August 04 2013 12:19 rshawer wrote:
Honestly, as a MKP fan, I'm not even mad, this was huge for Jim, someone who doesn't have much opportunity. Him winning, could be good for the chinese scene. MKP got outplayed, and I guess that's that. I normally want MKP to win every tournament, but I guess Jim winning makes me happy too. He has been down on luck recently, due to visa issues, not his plays. So, GGWP, Jim...
MKP, go concentrate on the up and down, make it for season 3. Maybe you 'll get to face Jim again at a season final.

Jim is an amazingly good and underrated player, too. Hopefully this just means that Marineking has gotten his TvP losses out of the way before the up and down matches ^^

Well he recently 2-0ed Hurricane, who was in Code S, so I wouldn't let this result get you down :D

Yeah I saw that from WCG. Also good news because that was someone he struggled with in the last up and downs. I think it's a good sign for his TvP overall and Jim is just pretty good
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
MangoSnap
Profile Joined July 2012
United States184 Posts
August 04 2013 03:54 GMT
#8726
On August 04 2013 12:50 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 12:49 MangoSnap wrote:
On August 04 2013 12:25 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On August 04 2013 12:19 rshawer wrote:
Honestly, as a MKP fan, I'm not even mad, this was huge for Jim, someone who doesn't have much opportunity. Him winning, could be good for the chinese scene. MKP got outplayed, and I guess that's that. I normally want MKP to win every tournament, but I guess Jim winning makes me happy too. He has been down on luck recently, due to visa issues, not his plays. So, GGWP, Jim...
MKP, go concentrate on the up and down, make it for season 3. Maybe you 'll get to face Jim again at a season final.

Jim is an amazingly good and underrated player, too. Hopefully this just means that Marineking has gotten his TvP losses out of the way before the up and down matches ^^

Well he recently 2-0ed Hurricane, who was in Code S, so I wouldn't let this result get you down :D

Yeah I saw that from WCG. Also good news because that was someone he struggled with in the last up and downs. I think it's a good sign for his TvP overall and Jim is just pretty good

Also, the stage at CPL was really weird; no booths, just right in front of a crowd. I'd imagine being in a weird environment, let alone a whole different country would effect mkp's play a little. Not to mention Jim is in home turf
bearzly
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada184 Posts
August 04 2013 04:11 GMT
#8727
ToD also said that they could hear the chinese casters while playing...so yeah there's that too
MangoSnap
Profile Joined July 2012
United States184 Posts
August 05 2013 06:46 GMT
#8728
https://www.facebook.com/HongKongEsports/app_490805957654915

Reminder to keep voting for MKP as the wildcard in the this tourney!
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 05 2013 07:11 GMT
#8729
So Marineking actually went 3-4 vs Jim
http://s.163.com/13/0804/09/95E4PU5M00314Q91.html
That makes me feel a little better.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-05 23:47:07
August 05 2013 23:47 GMT
#8730
On August 05 2013 16:11 Shellshock1122 wrote:
So Marineking actually went 3-4 vs Jim
http://s.163.com/13/0804/09/95E4PU5M00314Q91.html
That makes me feel a little better.


Yeah, that's a better result at least. Also, MKP skinny jeans > Hyun pants.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
MangoSnap
Profile Joined July 2012
United States184 Posts
August 06 2013 01:06 GMT
#8731
On August 05 2013 16:11 Shellshock1122 wrote:
So Marineking actually went 3-4 vs Jim
http://s.163.com/13/0804/09/95E4PU5M00314Q91.html
That makes me feel a little better.

Jim also said that so far he is 3-1 vs Innovation on ladder. I know it's ladder, but still, that says a ton about his PvT.
JordanYOLO
Profile Joined September 2012
Australia92 Posts
August 07 2013 21:33 GMT
#8732
ooh look here are the replays!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=424273
I am so cool.... :D. MKP!<3
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
August 08 2013 13:22 GMT
#8733
MarineKing interview after CPL 2013 Finals

Translated and pictures taken from http://s.163.com/13/0805/04/95G55Q1A00314Q8T.html


[image loading]

Unfortunately, you're the runner up. You've gotten quite a few runner ups eh.
It's been a long time since I've made it to the finals. No matter what, I'm very happy to even be able to make it to the finals.

This CPL included players from China, Korea, and the West.
The Chinese players played really well, and left a deep impression on me, especially Jim. The Western players also demonstrated very strong ability.

What was your goal before the tournament?
My goal when taking part in foreign tournaments has always been to get first place, and sadly, that wasn't able to happen this time.

Your performance in OSL and GSL recently hasn't been very ideal.
OSL requires very adequate preparation to be able to make it far in the tournament, but I've been taking part in many tournaments outside Korea and other tournaments, and wasn't very adequately prepared for OSL, and it was very hard to play well.

Which is more important to you, Korean tournaments or international tournaments?
Actually they are all important. If China or any other country holds a tournament and invites me, I will definitely take part.

Maru recently made it into OSL Finals.
I'm very envious, and I also wish him the best, I also really wish to make it to the WCS Finals.

In Heart of the Swarm, we rarely see the trademark marine micro anymore which awes people anymore, and the thing which impresses people about Terran nowadays is drops on multiple fronts at once. Will you change your style because of that?
I can't say anything about that with certainty yet. I just feel that whichever style is best and strongest, I'll use.

Terran seems to be very strong recently.
I think so too. The new Terran unit, widow mine, and the medivac speed boost has been very well developed into a very strong tactical system in Heart of the Swarm, and so that's probably why people feel Terran is very eye-catching.

Your final score against Jim in this CPL is 3:4. Are you confident of beating him next time?
Jim was playing on home ground this time. He has the advantage when playing in China. If I were to meet him in another tournament next time, I think the odds would be 50:50.

[image loading]

There are many Terrans recently who have outshone you.
They all play very well, and are really strong, and this motivates me to work even harder.

Do you still think you're one of the top Terrans?
I'm not number 1, but I probably can be amongst the top 5.

Who do you think is more suitable to be in first place?
Maru, no, Innovation (laughs).

Which one is it?
Maru I guess (laughs).

Can you share with all of us the secrets behind your super good marine control?
Actually there isn't really any secret. It all comes naturally once you practise enough.

There's a very interesting thing. Did you know that the Chinese players feel that you gain a Intel+2 buff when you put on your spectacles?
(laughs) I really didn't know that.

Do you agree with their viewpoint?
(laughs) I agree.

Are you confident of re-reaching your previous peaks?
I believe that if I work hard and practise it'll definitely happen.

What do you have to say to the Chinese Terran players out there?
Terran is harder than the other two races to grasp, and it's harder to use Terran well. If you want to play Terran well, you need to maintain a huge amount of practice. Everyone can learn more from Innovation and Maru, they both play very well.

Do you have any last words to say to the Chinese players and your fans?
I have more fans in China than I thought, and I'm very happy. Hope you all can keep supporting me.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 08 2013 13:22 GMT
#8734
awesome! thanks for the trans!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
bearzly
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada184 Posts
August 08 2013 13:45 GMT
#8735
Oh no, not the return of the hipster glasses . Thanks a lot for the translation, I just wish we actually did see MKP at more foreign tournaments like he claims TT
hidetoaizen
Profile Joined January 2013
Norway460 Posts
August 09 2013 13:58 GMT
#8736
really awesome, thanks for the translation
Nal_rA | Stork | MKP | ㅇㅅㅌㅅ | Shine | do your best whatever whenever wherever ! - LiquidHerO | I don't know about any other day, but today I'm the champion of the world - SouL_Dear
Rutsber
Profile Joined May 2013
United States15 Posts
August 10 2013 19:56 GMT
#8737
MarineKing's outfit at OSL last night, I don't even[image loading]
Pants more yolo than Hyun's
AyaaLa
Profile Joined February 2012
Spain629 Posts
August 10 2013 20:01 GMT
#8738
On August 11 2013 04:56 Rutsber wrote:
MarineKing's outfit at OSL last night, I don't even[image loading]
Pants more yolo than Hyun's


I don't know about what type of clothes that are "in" in Korea but that has to be womens pants..
i balance whine all the time.
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
August 10 2013 20:16 GMT
#8739
MKP looking fabulous!! I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
hidetoaizen
Profile Joined January 2013
Norway460 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-10 20:57:35
August 10 2013 20:57 GMT
#8740
On August 11 2013 05:16 Canucklehead wrote:
MKP looking fabulous!! I don't know what you guys are talking about.


MKP is always fabulous :D
Nal_rA | Stork | MKP | ㅇㅅㅌㅅ | Shine | do your best whatever whenever wherever ! - LiquidHerO | I don't know about any other day, but today I'm the champion of the world - SouL_Dear
Prev 1 435 436 437 438 439 507 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
Rex89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko353
ProTech143
Rex 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40894
Jaedong 1155
Hyuk 894
Soma 529
actioN 496
Horang2 384
Soulkey 360
EffOrt 343
BeSt 332
Mini 309
[ Show more ]
Light 252
Zeus 241
Larva 229
Stork 209
Last 207
910 189
Snow 135
ggaemo 122
Rush 119
Pusan 87
ZerO 71
Mind 54
Creator 49
Mong 43
Killer 38
hero 37
Sharp 36
Shinee 33
Free 30
Bale 26
Shine 20
HiyA 19
sorry 13
Noble 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6906
Dendi692
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1656
markeloff114
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1366
Other Games
gofns40222
singsing1876
B2W.Neo525
XBOCT298
Pyrionflax272
DeMusliM224
byalli187
hiko127
ArmadaUGS64
Mew2King61
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1016
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream208
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH317
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1377
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
39m
The PondCast
21h 39m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.