• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:43
CEST 08:43
KST 15:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8842 users

The Destiny Fan Club - Page 88

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 118 Next
yeaR
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom100 Posts
May 03 2012 01:40 GMT
#1741
I think that this players vocabulary reflects his level of play and real life skills. I mean for an adult person to "act" in such a way is just irresponsible, and the fact that he argues against the consequences is just plain stupid.
That is just my opinion, I know other people think in different ways than I do, but hey-ho.
furerkip
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States439 Posts
May 03 2012 02:04 GMT
#1742
On May 03 2012 10:40 yeaR wrote:
I think that this players vocabulary reflects his level of play and real life skills. I mean for an adult person to "act" in such a way is just irresponsible, and the fact that he argues against the consequences is just plain stupid.
That is just my opinion, I know other people think in different ways than I do, but hey-ho.


You're absolutely right, he's obviously trying to get into a fight knowing full well he's in the wrong. /sarcasm

Does that even make sense to you? He's not retarded. He clearly thought he wasn't wrong, and therefore defended himself. He doesn't think he's acting irresponsible, regardless of what the actual decision by the mods came to. A lot more people were assholes to him on that thread than he was to them, anyways... being provoked and then not actually responding is rather close to impossible, if you're being baited by like 50 people for the exact same thing.

And then lets look closely at this "action" of his: it wasn't actually displayed in the stream. In fact, it was a random game that OP had found that was never displayed to the public besides by that OP. His action's reporting weren't something he could control. That would require him to change his personality, which is much harder obviously than just changing how he was on stream. He's not irresponsible; people rage all the time. In fact, sometimes in a worse fashion. He unleashed this venting at a time he was probably positive the community would not see. If you mean he is ignorant of what others are going to do while he is venting, then I'd agree with you, but then that happens to everyone while venting (being unaware of the worst consequences).

But that's primarily for the ban on TL. He says faggot wayyy too much, I concur if you meant on stream, he's always pissed on it... Not really as much fun anymore, I hope he gets a better attitude on the road because he's not a bad player at all.
GatorGar
Profile Joined December 2011
Somalia77 Posts
May 03 2012 02:37 GMT
#1743
Why won't people just accept that watching Destiny's stream is like watching an episode of South Park. You watch it to be offended and sit mouth-agape at the horror. Destiny is a guy who is not afraid to tell the emperor he's not wearing any clothes, and a lot of us like that. Just label his stream as Adult Content with a racism/language/vulgar content warning, and be done with it. It does not warrant this much discussion.
:D Life's tough in Somalia :D
yeaR
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom100 Posts
May 03 2012 02:37 GMT
#1744
On May 03 2012 11:04 furerkip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2012 10:40 yeaR wrote:
I think that this players vocabulary reflects his level of play and real life skills. I mean for an adult person to "act" in such a way is just irresponsible, and the fact that he argues against the consequences is just plain stupid.
That is just my opinion, I know other people think in different ways than I do, but hey-ho.


You're absolutely right, he's obviously trying to get into a fight knowing full well he's in the wrong. /sarcasm

Does that even make sense to you? He's not retarded. He clearly thought he wasn't wrong, and therefore defended himself. He doesn't think he's acting irresponsible, regardless of what the actual decision by the mods came to. A lot more people were assholes to him on that thread than he was to them, anyways... being provoked and then not actually responding is rather close to impossible, if you're being baited by like 50 people for the exact same thing.

And then lets look closely at this "action" of his: it wasn't actually displayed in the stream. In fact, it was a random game that OP had found that was never displayed to the public besides by that OP. His action's reporting weren't something he could control. That would require him to change his personality, which is much harder obviously than just changing how he was on stream. He's not irresponsible; people rage all the time. In fact, sometimes in a worse fashion. He unleashed this venting at a time he was probably positive the community would not see. If you mean he is ignorant of what others are going to do while he is venting, then I'd agree with you, but then that happens to everyone while venting (being unaware of the worst consequences).

But that's primarily for the ban on TL. He says faggot wayyy too much, I concur if you meant on stream, he's always pissed on it... Not really as much fun anymore, I hope he gets a better attitude on the road because he's not a bad player at all.



As I said i'm only expressing my thoughts on the matter. If you are easily 'offended' by what I said, it shows that the people who 'defend' Destiny (or maybe just you), are childish and slightly narrow minded.
JoshuaGD
Profile Joined August 2011
United States13 Posts
May 03 2012 05:34 GMT
#1745
On May 03 2012 10:38 Plexa wrote:
The situation involving destiny and whether is stream will be featured or defeatured during the ban is currently under discussion.


I don't plan on disabling adblocking services or using TL to view streams until he's featured again, so if that is relevant to the decision at all I figure it should be mentioned.
One A Day.
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
May 04 2012 09:46 GMT
#1746
I don't think TL is to blame. The community is. I posted this in the relevant thread but it quickly got drowned in a sea of crap. I just feel bad about this. I'm an even more hardcore Destiny fan now though.

+ Show Spoiler +
I can't believe this. I've just lost a huge amount of faith in the community.

For the record, I don't have anything against TL moderation. It's their site and they do what they want. I didn't like Destiny's ban, however I don't feel it wasn't justified (read the 10 commandments thing). This is TL's site, if they've had the success they've had up until now it's for a reason.

As to what I think about the language, read here. It's beating a dead horse so you can skip it if you want.
+ Show Spoiler +

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with Destiny's racial slurs. At the beginning, when he started using them, I felt that it was too much and I was put off by it. However, Destiny explained his arguments about the use of his language (here is a youtube video of Destiny having a discussion about this). I then started not minding, because Destiny's arguments made sense. I advise anyone who has a problem with Destiny's language to watch the video. If they're going to have such strong feelings about such a matter than they owe it to everyone to at least listen to a counter-argument. Not doing so is just fucking stale balderdash.

Again, it shocks and appalls me that anyone would go so far just to hurt a player who hasn't done anything other than use "offensive" words. It's just incredibly stupid. Let's imagine that we had a homosexual SC2 pro player. Let's just imagine this. Anyone can be incredibly offensive to this player and personally attack him without using a single offensive word. I've put an example in spoilers just to express my point:

+ Show Spoiler +
you little piece of dirt. you're a dog that's what you are, you and whoever you're with. going about, spreading diseases with your strangeness, it's un-natural, it's disgusting, that's all you are. i sincerely hope you and your kind die painful deaths from HIV, the less of you there are the better


See what I did there? Not a single swear word was even used yet I said something much more offensive than Destiny has ever said on stream.

Now let's take this example: http://i.imgur.com/y8F8n.jpg

Imagine if instead, it had said "the absolute epitome of being a skill-less fucking fucking idiot, fuck off you dog"

If that's what had been said there would have been none of this pointless drama, even though both of expressions mean the same thing.

The one thing that annoys me is that no one is going to really change their mind of the issue, yet they're going to refuse to at least hear the other side of the argument. I don't want people to change their minds, I want people to agree to disagree. I'm pretty sure that no one who's faced Destiny on the ladder has gone off and killed themselves or broke down to tears after Destiny flamed them.



What does disgust the shit out of me are all these hate-driven anti-fans. It absolutely blows my mind. The issue was really a trivial one, and internet white knights just blew things completely out of proportion. Completely out of proportion. I'm shocked and appalled that the community would do such a thing. If you dislike someone then just leave him be. I don't understand why you'd do anything else. Hating a player is against the very principle of esports. The goal here is watch games, be fan-boys, enjoy playing the game, having fun.

I dislike Cruncher, that doesn't mean I go out and insult him every single turn I get. That doesn't mean I jump on an occasion I get to email his sponsor and taint his reputation. I was pissed off when he eliminated Idra and Mondragon with cheesy builds, I didn't' muck the forums because I was butt-hurt. I don't go on his stream and insult him. People who have that kind of behavior are basically taking a nice colorful shit on what esports represent. I'm glad TL moderates them.

Furthermore, the community isn't here to police players or go on witch hunts. If a player is doing something that could be considered distasteful, the best thing to do is to just email the team (in private, with a calm and reasonable email). The absolute worst thing to do is post about and complain about publicly so that all the hateful idiots can rally around and muck up the forums for reasons that are iffy at best. If warden had a problem with Destiny he should have taken it up to Destiny or Quantic, not start this concentration of idiocy. Immature, that's what it was. Worst part is that I've learned a huge amount of stuff from Destiny, both about Zerg and other topics, yet I've never even heard of warden before this incident. I wonder who actually contributed more to the community? And this is how he's thanked.

The worst part is that they didn't even harm Destiny as much as they hoped, but they nearly dealt huge, hurtful blows to Quantic (and all of the good players on Quantic's team). It's appalling. Appalling. I can't repeat this word enough because that's what this situation is. I expected something more intelligent from the community but apparently there's still this hateful part of it that does a lot of damage for almost no good, except provoking this dumb drama. Idra's rivalries are good drama, they interest people. This is fucking retarded.

My respect for Destiny sky-rocketed when he left the team because it would be best for everyone. I'll continue to support him more than ever now. But the community just took a huge nose-dive in my esteem.
maru lover forever
keeperton
Profile Joined December 2010
United States233 Posts
May 04 2012 10:07 GMT
#1747
On May 03 2012 11:37 GatorGar wrote:
Why won't people just accept that watching Destiny's stream is like watching an episode of South Park. You watch it to be offended and sit mouth-agape at the horror. Destiny is a guy who is not afraid to tell the emperor he's not wearing any clothes, and a lot of us like that. Just label his stream as Adult Content with a racism/language/vulgar content warning, and be done with it. It does not warrant this much discussion.


Do you actually think the entire audience of South Park or Steven's stream watch to be offended? I don't remember the last time I was offended by either's contents, but I'm not someone that can be offended by much anything short of a personal insult that only those that know me could even know to make.

Silly assumption to make, imo.
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 10:50:30
May 04 2012 10:49 GMT
#1748
In solidarity with our fearless leader I propose that we try and leave Destiny's stream page open at all times, on at least one computer, that way he can always count on us to be automatic viewers when the stream goes live.

We should also attempt to notify the community when the stream goes live whenever and wherever possible.

Don't worry Destiny, you will get through these dark times, you're true fans will never surrender!

...........
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
BROFIST ...........

RESPECT.
"En taro adun, Executor."
Tanukki
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland579 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-04 11:17:09
May 04 2012 11:16 GMT
#1749
Think he and own3d.tv (who is kind of sponsoring Destiny, too) would rather have some real viewers than loads of bots, lol. I understand if Quantic doesn't want him anymore, but this website unfeaturing him for 30 days? Who wins from that?
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
May 04 2012 11:30 GMT
#1750
On May 04 2012 20:16 Tanukki wrote:
Think he and own3d.tv (who is kind of sponsoring Destiny, too) would rather have some real viewers than loads of bots, lol. I understand if Quantic doesn't want him anymore, but this website unfeaturing him for 30 days? Who wins from that?


They can't distinguish between if I am watching the open browser or not... As long as I don't turn off Adblock it's all good.

It's not like I am telling people to open 15 streams at once LOL!
"En taro adun, Executor."
Asday
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom388 Posts
May 04 2012 11:32 GMT
#1751
OH SHIT IT'S OPINION O'CLOCK.

TL.net management is childish to unfeature Desti-G's stream.

FILM AT 11.

User was temp banned for this post.
Sweetea
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2 Posts
May 04 2012 11:37 GMT
#1752
Eat a fucking dick TL wanna be big brother mods, Seriously.
No freedom of Speech on your OWN Stream, on your OWN stream, You have to say, Yes I"m 18, to view that Stream. How stupid can you even be? You kids are jokes, Go back to the sand boxes and play with your piss ant kiddy toys.

All this bullshit I'm reading, If Idra never got banned this is just outrageous and I want you all to know, I hope you choke on that dick, I hope that high horse Breaks your fucking neck.

Idra calls someone a fucker while 10k viewers watch and ITS OK, ITS ALRIGHT, we turn the other cheek, You guys make me sick, Its not the cursing, its not even the context of the cursing, Its that you guys can't even practice what you preach on Everyone,

Go fuckyourselfs and have a nice morning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggdFHlm5O8

User was banned for this post.
Live fast, Die Hard.
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
May 04 2012 12:03 GMT
#1753
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 04 2012 20:37 Sweetea wrote:
Eat a fucking dick TL wanna be big brother mods, Seriously.
No freedom of Speech on your OWN Stream, on your OWN stream, You have to say, Yes I"m 18, to view that Stream. How stupid can you even be? You kids are jokes, Go back to the sand boxes and play with your piss ant kiddy toys.

All this bullshit I'm reading, If Idra never got banned this is just outrageous and I want you all to know, I hope you choke on that dick, I hope that high horse Breaks your fucking neck.

Idra calls someone a fucker while 10k viewers watch and ITS OK, ITS ALRIGHT, we turn the other cheek, You guys make me sick, Its not the cursing, its not even the context of the cursing, Its that you guys can't even practice what you preach on Everyone,

Go fuckyourselfs and have a nice morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggdFHlm5O8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggdFHlm5O8

User was banned for this post.


Go call a black person a "nigger" in a public place and see what happens to you legal-wise, now try the same with "fucker". You can't compare the two.
GatorGar
Profile Joined December 2011
Somalia77 Posts
May 04 2012 12:09 GMT
#1754
Ban me too you fucking power-trippers. As a matter of fact, have that cunt admin who doesn't use any punctuation in her posts come and do it.

TL is a fucking joke nowadays. This community is fucking shit. League of Legends here I come!

User was banned for this post.
:D Life's tough in Somalia :D
Lip the Pencilboy
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Italy420 Posts
May 04 2012 12:25 GMT
#1755

being a destiny fan as a great source of entertainment I'm quite annoyed at all this drama.



Moderator"Ieri ho bevuto troppo, stasera bevo solo Birra!" - DEBO IS MY PERSONAL SC2-HERO
Sweetea171
Profile Joined May 2012
1 Post
May 04 2012 12:28 GMT
#1756
On May 04 2012 21:03 NeonFox wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On May 04 2012 20:37 Sweetea wrote:
Eat a fucking dick TL wanna be big brother mods, Seriously.
No freedom of Speech on your OWN Stream, on your OWN stream, You have to say, Yes I"m 18, to view that Stream. How stupid can you even be? You kids are jokes, Go back to the sand boxes and play with your piss ant kiddy toys.

All this bullshit I'm reading, If Idra never got banned this is just outrageous and I want you all to know, I hope you choke on that dick, I hope that high horse Breaks your fucking neck.

Idra calls someone a fucker while 10k viewers watch and ITS OK, ITS ALRIGHT, we turn the other cheek, You guys make me sick, Its not the cursing, its not even the context of the cursing, Its that you guys can't even practice what you preach on Everyone,

Go fuckyourselfs and have a nice morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggdFHlm5O8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggdFHlm5O8

User was banned for this post.


Go call a black person a "nigger" in a public place and see what happens to you legal-wise, now try the same with "fucker". You can't compare the two.


I am black. The fact that you just expected me to be anything other than what I am, which is black. You are racist as shit.
Damrak
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands124 Posts
May 04 2012 12:42 GMT
#1757
It's a sad week for sc2 mang, sad, sad. Destiny, GL in the future
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
May 04 2012 17:00 GMT
#1758
[QUOTE]On May 03 2012 10:40 yeaR wrote:
I think that this players vocabulary reflects his level of play/QUOTE]

How does his langauge reflect his skill? That is just a ridiculous statement
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
ABagOfFritos
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada454 Posts
May 04 2012 17:03 GMT
#1759
I honestly can't decide which comments are more stupid, the ones supporting Destiny or the ones against him.
DeathIncarna
Profile Joined July 2011
United States29 Posts
May 04 2012 19:35 GMT
#1760
Keep hanging in there Destiny. Regardless of anything else that has happened, your decision to leave Quantic for the benefit of your (former) teammates is admirable. Best of luck in your following endeavors.

?
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 428
Hyuk 237
Leta 228
Hyun 97
Hm[arnc] 25
Shinee 22
ZergMaN 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 773
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King131
Other Games
summit1g8816
WinterStarcraft507
ArmadaUGS70
Nina64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick778
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2327
League of Legends
• Rush1413
• Lourlo1138
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 17m
INu's Battles
5h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 17m
Replay Cast
16h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.