• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:30
CEST 23:30
KST 06:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7668 users

The Destiny Fan Club - Page 85

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 118 Next
Argolis
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada211 Posts
April 23 2012 00:33 GMT
#1681
Why does ESV Diamond hate steven?
Mvrio
Profile Joined July 2011
689 Posts
April 24 2012 07:32 GMT
#1682
i played a game few days ago and just realized I used a retard magnet to draw out his army to his 3rd then obliterated it, I would post it but Idk how haha
On October 03 2011 Jinsho wrote: Everyone is just a speck of fly dirt on the wall compared to Greg playing at his best :D
waitwhat
Profile Joined February 2011
United States152 Posts
April 29 2012 05:48 GMT
#1683
I really thought I'd never say this but I am no longer a Destiny fan. I won't get into my reasoning as it isn't important and I'm just one of the many original Destiny lovers, but all good things come to an end.. i guess. GL Steven Bonell II, I hope you achieve everything you set out to do. =)
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 29 2012 11:52 GMT
#1684
Why would stop being a Destiny fan though? I find it quite interesting actually.
maru lover forever
Jell
Profile Joined September 2011
Portugal86 Posts
April 29 2012 11:58 GMT
#1685
because liking destiny isn't hip and cool now, so everyone is just following the hate train.
waitwhat
Profile Joined February 2011
United States152 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 19:05:53
April 29 2012 19:02 GMT
#1686
Maybe some would consider it a hate train, but from a long follower's perspective quite a bit about him has changed which drew me into his character. To be clear, I don't hate him or many people at all. Like I said in my last post "GL Steven Bonell II, I hope you achieve everything you set out to do. =)". That's probably a -10 on a scale of 1-hate. To be clear, not being a fan just means you aren't supporting him when he asks for it or watch his streams on a different computer that's on 24/7 without adblock (when you're not even around), or throwing out a random $10 donation the morning after he cracked you up for hours the night before, hoping I can give him back for the entertainment value he gave me. It also means you don't really follow his progress in whatever he's involved in.

not being a fan =/= hating.

flame on!
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 29 2012 19:06 GMT
#1687
There's no flaming to be flamed. Do what you wish I guess.
maru lover forever
Buzerio
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom135 Posts
April 29 2012 21:49 GMT
#1688
Sign me up
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
April 30 2012 03:52 GMT
#1689
rofl, him playing Lol with fd is so damn funny.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
ShakaZu.Sc2
Profile Joined February 2012
United States131 Posts
April 30 2012 04:14 GMT
#1690
Nothing against LoL, I actually play the game occasionally, but I hope he remains a SC2 player first and foremost, I know he's proly just going through a phase and when HotS comes out Im confident he'll be play alot Starcraft again, I miss the days of the brofestor hitsquad
Check out my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/shakazu and follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/ShakaZuSC2
Ozcollo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States154 Posts
April 30 2012 12:16 GMT
#1691
I wasn't a big fan of the LoL streaming until recently. I've almost been in tears laughing so hard at him and PhantomLord. It would kick a ton of ass if he did a day of teaching PL Zerg or something. Seriously, those two are comedic gold.
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
April 30 2012 12:36 GMT
#1692
On April 29 2012 14:48 waitwhat wrote:
I really thought I'd never say this but I am no longer a Destiny fan. I won't get into my reasoning as it isn't important and I'm just one of the many original Destiny lovers, but all good things come to an end.. i guess. GL Steven Bonell II, I hope you achieve everything you set out to do. =)


LOL what are your reasons? Don't just come in here and say shit without backing it up!
"En taro adun, Executor."
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 30 2012 12:52 GMT
#1693
He did back his shit up you know.
maru lover forever
Khorinus
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland16 Posts
April 30 2012 12:58 GMT
#1694
Sign me up plox
Yama93
Profile Joined February 2012
Netherlands70 Posts
April 30 2012 12:58 GMT
#1695
Sign me up k?
MKP, ByuN, Jjakji, Flash, Bogus, TaeJa, Demuslim, Iris, SaviOr, MVP
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-01 16:17:30
May 01 2012 16:17 GMT
#1696
The other thread got locked to my great disappointment because I wanted to post something constructive. I'll post it here for the time being because I'd really like people to think about it:

Show nested quote +
On May 01 2012 22:16 WardenSC wrote:
I was playing vs QuanticDestiny a few hours ago where he was calling me a "gook" and a bunch of offensive words. Now I understand that one may get frustrated if he/she loses in a game (I've been there myself). I also understand that it is his stream and he may say that he can do whatever the hell he wants in his stream. However, he stands now as a "community figure" who has the reach to influence thousands of viewers daily and can skew the public's view of sc2 community in an extremely negative direction.

Isn't it reasonable to expect a level of professionalism from a player that plays on a professional team? I just don't think spurting out racial slurs left and right in front of a large audience is why Quantic sponsors Destiny to market their team.

As a note, I don't think QuanticDestiny is a true racist. However, I do believe that ignorance towards his excessive use of racial slurs would eventually lead to tolerance within the community and that would be a very dangerous outcome.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


There are already 30+ pages of responses in this thread and it would be too hard to read everything (I doubt there are more of a handful of the posts worth reading), so I'm just going to respond to the OP.

Your main point is that the use of the racial slurs is going to make the community look bad, which will be bad for the community (sponsors and all that jazz).

There are several questions that come to mind when I read the OP. Where is the real problem? It's possible to say things much more offensive than what Destiny says without using a single racial slur. In fact it would probably be more offensive.

Do you think that the real problems is that he's using racial slurs (or the term autistic?)? Would you rather be insulted in without certain words? At the end of the day, words are nothing more than tools to be used to get a point across. It's probably more preferable to pay closer attention to what your interlocutor wants to you to understand rather than the words he uses.

You said yourself that you don't think Destiny is racist. He's not disrespecting you for being Asian, he's being disrespectful for your play. Albeit, using colorful terms (to put it diplomatically). But if the message he had given you wouldn't have been a problem if he had used other words, then there shouldn't be a problem at all.

If the sponsors wants Destiny to stop using certain terms because they're afraid of their image, it's their call to do so. But they're the only ones who are really "allowed" to have an issue with this.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, mang.
maru lover forever
HeliBadger
Profile Joined September 2011
538 Posts
May 01 2012 16:18 GMT
#1697
I find it elevating and exhilarating
To discover that we live in a universe
Which permits the evolution of molecular machinery
As intricate and subtle as we
So we can talk shit to each other online
Hypemeup
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden2783 Posts
May 01 2012 16:23 GMT
#1698
http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=0itOCgJtNVU

Haha, Destiny just posted this on his twitter.
PeZuY
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
935 Posts
May 01 2012 16:30 GMT
#1699
Funny how Destiny caused so huge shitstorm. Actually even orb's situation was so ridiculous that I couldn't stop laughter for a while.

Let the witch-hunt begin! Who is next? If the racial slurs are the issue why wouldn't sexual slurs be bannable also? If that is true, then there are shitloads of players who have called people faggot etc etc etc etc.

SrsInternetIsSrs
Myrddraal
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia937 Posts
May 01 2012 16:36 GMT
#1700
Since the thread has been locked I will submit my own letter which I intend on sending to Razer here (support-us@razersupport.com) regarding my support for Razer's current and past support of Quantic and the Starcraft 2 scene in general. I encourage everyone else to submit letters of a similar theme.

Sponsoring teams and the Starcraft community allows them grow and foster. By supporting sponsors, we do the community far more good than harm.

Let's make sponsors feel welcome in the community - far more sponsors will show interest in SC2, if they feel that supporting the community will in turn gain them our support.

Greetings,

I would like to express my gratitude in Razer's decision to sponsor the Starcraft 2 team Quantic and all other gaming related sponsorship's due to the amount that the communities gain from such sponsorship.

Like many viewers, I see that the fledgling Esport community can only continue to grow and that your support helps this considerably. I consider continued sponsorship of Quantic as a great benefit to our community, and hope that you continue to do so in the future.

As such, I hope that you do not listen to the minority and continue your support of the gaming community, if you do, I personally vow to buy a Razer keyboard and mouse to go with the quality Razer headset I already own.

Thank you and best regards,
- [insert name here]
[stranded]: http://www.indiedb.com/games/stranded
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 248
SteadfastSC 116
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2294
910 61
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD51
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1040
Other Games
summit1g5977
Grubby2335
shahzam584
C9.Mang0190
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 63
• Hupsaiya 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21265
Other Games
• imaqtpie867
• Shiphtur241
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.