• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9896 users

Korean Music Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 5787 Next
To ensure this thread won't be closed, you must adhere to several a number of simple rules;
  • Please use spoilers when quoting a post with pictures and/or videos.
  • When posting large quantities of media (pictures or videos), please begin spoilering after the first piece. Grouping related videos in the same spoilers & labeling is recommended.
  • No reposting of old material unless justified
  • Posting any material with little or no relevent discussion accompanying it
  • No passion-induced flaming of each other because 'x said y sucked' etc.
  • Keep the expression hate of music individuals/groups to a minimal level
  • No 'pagetopping' in any form whatsoever, as it constitutes spam equal to posts similar to 'first'.
  • No vulgar fan fics or wet dream stories. It is creepy, weird, and it dehumanizes the people who you are here to celebrate/discuss.
  • Normal posting standards that you find throughout the rest of the site still apply and will be enforced more strictly from here forward (2012/03/11)

Due to the poor nature of this thread in the past, temporary two-day bans will occur more than often if people slip up.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
July 20 2009 03:55 GMT
#101
Definitely want SNSD to perform :D
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 20 2009 03:58 GMT
#102
On July 20 2009 12:53 GTR wrote:
If Kara performs at PL finals instead of SNSD


Last time they did, trainwreck. Blame the mics all you want, but what an awful performance. Audio was terrible.



Whatever, it's not like people listen to them anyways. Hit the mute button and enjoy!
God Bless
beefhamburger
Profile Joined December 2007
United States3962 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-20 04:18:38
July 20 2009 04:00 GMT
#103
On July 20 2009 12:48 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2009 12:47 Roffles wrote:
On July 20 2009 12:43 Solinren wrote:
Oops accidently refreshed the page.
Anyways. I can't believe that the last poll on fomos, KARA won over SNSD by like 1 - 2%


I don't get it. When it comes to stuff like that, isn't more better? 9 is a bigger number than 5. More eye candy. Why don't people understand this?


Kara has also been way less active than SNSD recently. Weird.

For some reason, Kara does well in online polls (for their relative level of popularity). I'm not sure but I think their websites promote voting on polls a lot more than SNSD site I've seen. It's that or they have a few people run voting scripts a lot.

On another note, I will never forget that Wonder Girls OSL performance. I watched them for the first time since Sea was a fan of them.
My ears bled that day T_T.
Say what you want, but the SNSD PL performance was worlds better than the Wonder Girls OSL performance.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
July 20 2009 04:00 GMT
#104
Roffles that's before

GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
July 20 2009 04:41 GMT
#105
On July 20 2009 12:42 Roffles wrote:
Time for me to insert my quality song of the day by our favorite singer Rain. Except I'm not sure if this is K-Pop cause half the song is in English.

Be sure to note the pink cane dance at the end. How awesome is that?

Rain's live performances are good. I'm amazed at how well he could dance.
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
Sigh
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2433 Posts
July 20 2009 04:55 GMT
#106
Wondergirls cannot sing live to save their lives.
And have you heard their song " So Hot " in english? SO BAD LOL [They opened for Jonas Bros too btw]
NaDa/Flash/Thorzain Fan
Kentor *
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5784 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-20 04:59:07
July 20 2009 04:56 GMT
#107
Oh man KARA in PL finals. Bisu is gonna take Han Seung Yeon to a hotel.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-20 05:14:37
July 20 2009 05:14 GMT
#108
On July 20 2009 13:55 Sigh wrote:
Wondergirls cannot sing live to save their lives.
And have you heard their song " So Hot " in english? SO BAD LOL [They opened for Jonas Bros too btw]


I dunno... I tihnk Ye Eun and Sun Ye can sing pretty well.

Navi has a great voice...



too bad she isn't that famous, well she is famous, but not to the extent of people like Rain, Big Bang, The Wonder Girls, etc.
T.O.P. *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Hong Kong4685 Posts
July 20 2009 05:30 GMT
#109
On July 20 2009 13:55 Sigh wrote:
Wondergirls cannot sing live to save their lives.
And have you heard their song " So Hot " in english? SO BAD LOL [They opened for Jonas Bros too btw]

I can't find it, where is the So Hot english version?
Oracle comes in, Scvs go down, never a miscommunication.
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
July 20 2009 05:30 GMT
#110


This song is so hot in Korea right now. And I DON'T CA-A-A-A-A-ARE what you say.
Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51696 Posts
July 20 2009 05:38 GMT
#111
yeh i fucking hate that song along with whatever 2ne1 brings out.
Commentator
Solinren
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2653 Posts
July 20 2009 05:41 GMT
#112
On July 20 2009 14:30 T.O.P. wrote:
I can't find it, where is the So Hot english version?

I don't recall hearing So Hot in english, but there is a version of Nobody.



On July 20 2009 14:30 lilsusie wrote:
This song is so hot in Korea right now. And I DON'T CA-A-A-A-A-ARE what you say.

I CARE. Soshi got robbed.
XaI)CyRiC
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4471 Posts
July 20 2009 05:47 GMT
#113
On July 20 2009 14:30 lilsusie wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-Z3RBR_84

This song is so hot in Korea right now. And I DON'T CA-A-A-A-A-ARE what you say.


I actually like 2NE1, not sure why they get so much hate on these forums. Their music isn't the typical cutesy cutesy girl group kpop, and their live performances show that they've got some talent (their cover of Rihanna's "Take A Bow" was an eye-opener, particularly as to their english). They're not the best looking group, but I also don't think that some of the other girls who I've seen labeled as attractive are much better, i.e. members of Kara, Jessica from SNSD, etc.

"Fire" was a very atypical song for an Asian girl group, and I thought it was pretty catchy with a nice beat you can dance to. The girls pulled off the more urban, edgy look rather well, which was refreshing from the other girl groups like Kara who try to act like kids.

"I Don't Care" has grown on me, the video actually made me like the song more. "In The Club" was actually the song that appealed to me initially, although I admit I was expecting an upbeat song with that title.
Moderator
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
July 20 2009 05:49 GMT
#114
On July 19 2009 16:46 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
Rules that need to be adhered to please:

1. No good music please. We don't want it mucking up our narrow and ignorant world where regurgitated and unclever beats mixed with terrible simplistic lyrics sung by hordes of plastic girls is the preferred music.

2. Must be socially inept and critically awkward on the forums. We prefer explosions of lame facial gestures and terrible choreographed group dancing.. being social or sharing space with people that isn't internet based does not interest us.

3. I like shiny things.

4. post image macros and random videos of kpop with limited descriptions and shallow discussion.

5. This is critical: Must be able to withstand tremendous criticism. We are strange, low people with base interests. If we are found (god help us) we will be mocked.

That being said here is a video I like:



Notice the amazing choreography, they kick AND sing while wearing heels.. fucking amazing. Also the outfits are adorable. Makes me wish they were younger.

Discuss!


The way these girls walk in their heels is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. lol Guess I've officially spent too much time in the pageant world.
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
MorningMusume11
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3490 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-20 05:55:50
July 20 2009 05:53 GMT
#115
I like 소녀시대 but u guys... (GTR & Solin) lol. Btw that poll on fomos I think I voted either KARA or T-ara but since Han Seung Yeon has e-spots exposure it isn't surprising that KARA would be popular. Plus HaRa and Nicole are soooo adorable lol. Old school KARA were known for being pertty good live.


But I think the best performance I saw at a final was the GOM MSL one where Mind and Bisu played. Brown Eyed Girls sang really good and they weren't as popular as they are now.

I love Navi too, here's her most recent one:


And my favorite youtube vid ever
lilsusie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
3861 Posts
July 20 2009 05:55 GMT
#116
uNcontroLable - Korean girls on heels = second nature. I've seen women go HIKING in heels, run around in the rain in heels, even have heels on their flip flops. I don't understand it. I wear heels when I need to, i.e. I'm going clubbing - and even then, after about an hour I'm dying.

Actually it's a good way to sort out who's Korean-American (Canadian, European, Australian) and who's a real Korean-Korean here. Grocery store in heels? Yup, you're Korean. Out on the street in plain ole' flip flops? Yup, gyopo.

Follow me on Twitter for pictures of cute gamers and food! https://twitter.com/lilsusie
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51696 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-20 05:56:52
July 20 2009 05:56 GMT
#117
you know i'm not super crazy on snsd, solin is though.
i'm more of a davichi person.
and w&whale, where did they head off too
Commentator
MorningMusume11
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3490 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-20 05:58:13
July 20 2009 05:57 GMT
#118
On July 20 2009 14:55 lilsusie wrote:
uNcontroLable - Korean girls on heels = second nature. I've seen women go HIKING in heels, run around in the rain in heels, even have heels on their flip flops. I don't understand it. I wear heels when I need to, i.e. I'm going clubbing - and even then, after about an hour I'm dying.

Actually it's a good way to sort out who's Korean-American (Canadian, European, Australian) and who's a real Korean-Korean here. Grocery store in heels? Yup, you're Korean. Out on the street in plain ole' flip flops? Yup, gyopo.



We're such an appearance whore ethnicity... I swear, EVERYTHING has to look good lol

And yeah GTR definitely Solin lol.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 20 2009 05:59 GMT
#119
On July 20 2009 14:47 XaI)CyRiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2009 14:30 lilsusie wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-Z3RBR_84

This song is so hot in Korea right now. And I DON'T CA-A-A-A-A-ARE what you say.


I actually like 2NE1, not sure why they get so much hate on these forums. Their music isn't the typical cutesy cutesy girl group kpop, and their live performances show that they've got some talent (their cover of Rihanna's "Take A Bow" was an eye-opener, particularly as to their english). They're not the best looking group, but I also don't think that some of the other girls who I've seen labeled as attractive are much better, i.e. members of Kara, Jessica from SNSD, etc.

"Fire" was a very atypical song for an Asian girl group, and I thought it was pretty catchy with a nice beat you can dance to. The girls pulled off the more urban, edgy look rather well, which was refreshing from the other girl groups like Kara who try to act like kids.

"I Don't Care" has grown on me, the video actually made me like the song more. "In The Club" was actually the song that appealed to me initially, although I admit I was expecting an upbeat song with that title.


I agree with your whole post. Although they're not that good looking compared to other girl groups, but at least they have more talent. Each member have their own specialty when it comes to performing. Their goal wasn't to be the female version of Big Bang at first, but after awhile they started to become that, since you can tell by their songs and their looks. It's way better than seeing typical girl groups getting paid to act all cute and shit in order to get more fans, which sadly, works because there are so many die hard teeny boppers.
uNcontroLable
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
United States1180 Posts
July 20 2009 06:03 GMT
#120
On July 20 2009 14:55 lilsusie wrote:
uNcontroLable - Korean girls on heels = second nature. I've seen women go HIKING in heels, run around in the rain in heels, even have heels on their flip flops. I don't understand it. I wear heels when I need to, i.e. I'm going clubbing - and even then, after about an hour I'm dying.

Actually it's a good way to sort out who's Korean-American (Canadian, European, Australian) and who's a real Korean-Korean here. Grocery store in heels? Yup, you're Korean. Out on the street in plain ole' flip flops? Yup, gyopo.



Haha, you know, I've noticed that, but then why oh WHY can't they walk WELL in them?!
* www.twitter.com/AnnaProsser * www.facebook.com/AnnaProsser * www.twitch.tv/AnnaProsser * www.youtube.com/annaprossertv *
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 5787 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4878
Horang2 414
Hyuk 364
BeSt 186
Hyun 99
Hm[arnc] 72
Shinee 69
Killer 64
ggaemo 57
sorry 55
[ Show more ]
Snow 44
Bonyth 34
Bale 34
JYJ 14
Stork 9
League of Legends
JimRising 543
Other Games
gofns14915
summit1g9089
singsing1365
Mew2King80
ArmadaUGS66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick724
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2392
League of Legends
• Lourlo1275
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
55m
INu's Battles
2h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 55m
Replay Cast
13h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.