• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:55
CEST 17:55
KST 00:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8035 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6195

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
December 16 2017 17:04 GMT
#123881
Not quite sure what was off screen there. They showed what happened pretty well imo. Maybe the Achilles Nyatlanta stuff wasn't explained well for people not familiar with Achilles in mythology.

Karna and Seig's "1st round" lasted a good chunk of the previous episode when they were flying around.

The mage being there is well....they were all heading there so yea he made it there. Not sure it had to be shown that him and his sister landed on site.

Not sure what you are getting at with Jeanne/Atlanta fight.
Never Knows Best.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 16 2017 17:50 GMT
#123882
On December 17 2017 02:04 Slaughter wrote:
Not quite sure what was off screen there. They showed what happened pretty well imo. Maybe the Achilles Nyatlanta stuff wasn't explained well for people not familiar with Achilles in mythology.

Karna and Seig's "1st round" lasted a good chunk of the previous episode when they were flying around.

The mage being there is well....they were all heading there so yea he made it there. Not sure it had to be shown that him and his sister landed on site.

Not sure what you are getting at with Jeanne/Atlanta fight.

yep, I know barely any of their history so maybe the onus is on me there, just was odd that he went out of his way but I can see it I guess.

For such a hyped fight, felt like the 1st round should've been shown much much more. Sure, the 2nd round took a good part of the later half of that episode but still, felt like that episode was more focus on destroying fortress defenses and such.

they never showed how he got there amidst all the rubble and fires. Sure, I can postulate that the plane landed somewhere but it felt like a big disconnect to have him go from being in the air one episode to hiding behind a pillar at the end of the 1st fight in the next episode. This was probably the part that made me go wtf the most and check the previous episode again to see if I missed the landing.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 16 2017 18:14 GMT
#123883
BNHA confirmed April 2018 Season 3 premiere. Looks to be the training grounds/camping arc. 1 cour or 2?
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-16 19:23:23
December 16 2017 19:17 GMT
#123884
Another thing for April 2018, Shokugeki no Souma season 4:



or the 2nd part of splitcour season3, whatever you want to call it
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9066 Posts
December 17 2017 01:10 GMT
#123885
Tokyo Ghoul: Re also confirmed for next year, April 2018.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
December 18 2017 03:43 GMT
#123886
So, I have been watching Soul Eater with a friend of the past couple of months and we just finished it yesterday. I enjoyed the main duo and Bones did a very good job animating the fights. The rest was kind of meh but not many really annoying things so it was ok. The worst thing was probably that it suffered from the typical "everybody and their moms is standing in a room watching the super important fight on some monitor while some character is being used as the exposition-bitch to explain everything that happens". As if it wasn't obvious already.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 18 2017 05:36 GMT
#123887
Just binge watched Usagi Drop. Fantastic all around! It was such a nice heartwarming anime, I want more! I kept thinking that they'll throw in a twist here or there but it was fairly straightforward in most regards. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, it's that good! Art style is similar to 3 gatsu and it has good progression, pacing and believable characters. MC and Rin both rock and so do most of the other characters so that's a huge plus!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
December 18 2017 05:45 GMT
#123888
On December 18 2017 14:36 BigFan wrote:
Just binge watched Usagi Drop. Fantastic all around! It was such a nice heartwarming anime, I want more! I kept thinking that they'll throw in a twist here or there but it was fairly straightforward in most regards. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, it's that good! Art style is similar to 3 gatsu and it has good progression, pacing and believable characters. MC and Rin both rock and so do most of the other characters so that's a huge plus!


If you want more there is a manga that completes the story
Never Knows Best.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 18 2017 05:49 GMT
#123889
On December 18 2017 14:45 Slaughter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2017 14:36 BigFan wrote:
Just binge watched Usagi Drop. Fantastic all around! It was such a nice heartwarming anime, I want more! I kept thinking that they'll throw in a twist here or there but it was fairly straightforward in most regards. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, it's that good! Art style is similar to 3 gatsu and it has good progression, pacing and believable characters. MC and Rin both rock and so do most of the other characters so that's a huge plus!


If you want more there is a manga that completes the story

I just read some manga reviews and it seems like part 2 is really bad or something. I thought the anime (part 1) was fantastic so not sure if I should try reading part 2 haha
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
December 18 2017 06:02 GMT
#123890
I didn't spoil myself with the manga ending but by the way everybody is talking about it I can pretty much assume what's going to happen. + Show Spoiler +
Prolly some love story between Rin and Daikichi...
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-18 07:30:01
December 18 2017 07:19 GMT
#123891
Yes, please don't read the manga.
It completely changes in a different direction where you don't want it to go.
Usagi drop is one of my favorite anime. I wish the manga would have given more of the same.

I would completely agree with pretty much every review out there.
The first half of the story focuses on what the anime shows - a man taking care of a child which is a 9/10 to 10/10, but the very next chapter in the manga(from where the anime left off) introduces a timeskip of around 10 years or so. The show completely changes pace and changes what it is.. 5/10 at best, as well as does wonders to ruining your view of the first half.
Recommend to avoid.

+ Show Spoiler [miragee] +

Ore no Papa ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
I don't believe you.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
December 20 2017 05:48 GMT
#123892
I came here just to say I fucking hated what the Warrior of the Rat wished for in Juuni Taisen. Ruined the otherwise good ending for me.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 20 2017 05:51 GMT
#123893
I read some of the reviews, lots of folks aren't happy with the second half of the manga after the timeskip. I'm honestly not sure what to do lol. As in, I'm really curious to see how things advance especially since it's what the author intended, however, I can easily see Rin turn out badly or something, otherwise, why would it be that hated?

For me, the anime was perfect. Story, characters, sound, animation etc... it all fit really well. I figure the second half is Rin going off the deep end so she's obviously lost that innocence. Makes me wonder if she'll go back to her mom or something and leave Daikichi behind. That would be heartbreaking.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-20 05:54:41
December 20 2017 05:53 GMT
#123894
It's Japan BigFan, anything can happen.

Btw. abuse, I can't speak japanese and I'm not sure google translate did a good job translating your sentence...
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-20 07:08:27
December 20 2017 06:04 GMT
#123895
On December 20 2017 14:51 BigFan wrote:
I read some of the reviews, lots of folks aren't happy with the second half of the manga after the timeskip. I'm honestly not sure what to do lol. As in, I'm really curious to see how things advance especially since it's what the author intended, however, I can easily see Rin turn out badly or something, otherwise, why would it be that hated?

For me, the anime was perfect. Story, characters, sound, animation etc... it all fit really well. I figure the second half is Rin going off the deep end so she's obviously lost that innocence. Makes me wonder if she'll go back to her mom or something and leave Daikichi behind. That would be heartbreaking.

I assume you care about spoilers, which is why you're tip-toeing around so hard. But really, it just comes down to a matter of perspective. Yes, I would say that majority of people who completed the Usagi Drop manga were displeased with how it ended, but is a bad ending going to ruin the overall experience for you?

I'll throw another really mundane hypothetical at you that would also leave a lot of people displeased (Daikichi gets sick and dies, leaving Rin alone at the end of the series). That conclusion is discomforting and obv not a happy ending, but would you be accepting of such an ending? Would that detract for your overall/animu experience?

If you're open to whatever story the mangaka goes with, jump into the manga, cause you obv seem curious enough. If bad endings are not something you like, then avoid the manga and end on the fluffy animu note.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
December 20 2017 07:04 GMT
#123896
Atm. I'm catching up with Altair. Watched ep10 just now and this is probably the most underrated series of 2017 if it stays like this for the rest of it.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
December 20 2017 08:01 GMT
#123897
On December 20 2017 14:53 Miragee wrote:
It's Japan BigFan, anything can happen.

Btw. abuse, I can't speak japanese and I'm not sure google translate did a good job translating your sentence...


That is the title of OreImo, but taking out the Imouto and putting in "daddy".
I don't believe you.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-20 08:06:55
December 20 2017 08:03 GMT
#123898
On December 20 2017 14:51 BigFan wrote:
I read some of the reviews, lots of folks aren't happy with the second half of the manga after the timeskip. I'm honestly not sure what to do lol. As in, I'm really curious to see how things advance especially since it's what the author intended, however, I can easily see Rin turn out badly or something, otherwise, why would it be that hated?

For me, the anime was perfect. Story, characters, sound, animation etc... it all fit really well. I figure the second half is Rin going off the deep end so she's obviously lost that innocence. Makes me wonder if she'll go back to her mom or something and leave Daikichi behind. That would be heartbreaking.


Rin becomes different(obviously not a small kid anymore) but does not exactly become a bad character.
It's just that the whole show becomes something completely different.
If you are looking for "more usagi drop" then you won't get it, you will basically just get an average shoujo drama, with a disappointing ending.
I don't believe you.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-20 22:17:32
December 20 2017 22:17 GMT
#123899
On December 20 2017 14:51 BigFan wrote:
I read some of the reviews, lots of folks aren't happy with the second half of the manga after the timeskip. I'm honestly not sure what to do lol. As in, I'm really curious to see how things advance especially since it's what the author intended, however, I can easily see Rin turn out badly or something, otherwise, why would it be that hated?

For me, the anime was perfect. Story, characters, sound, animation etc... it all fit really well. I figure the second half is Rin going off the deep end so she's obviously lost that innocence. Makes me wonder if she'll go back to her mom or something and leave Daikichi behind. That would be heartbreaking.

just read it to satisfy your curiosity and form your own conclusions.

+ Show Spoiler [not plot related] +
then be sad you did.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Jek
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark2771 Posts
December 20 2017 23:41 GMT
#123900
On December 20 2017 14:51 BigFan wrote:
I read some of the reviews, lots of folks aren't happy with the second half of the manga after the timeskip. I'm honestly not sure what to do lol. As in, I'm really curious to see how things advance especially since it's what the author intended, however, I can easily see Rin turn out badly or something, otherwise, why would it be that hated?

For me, the anime was perfect. Story, characters, sound, animation etc... it all fit really well. I figure the second half is Rin going off the deep end so she's obviously lost that innocence. Makes me wonder if she'll go back to her mom or something and leave Daikichi behind. That would be heartbreaking.

It goes from a feel good warm story to a shitty drama. It feels like it's two completely different writers pre/post-timeskip.
It's Elo not ELO - Every statiscian playing League
Prev 1 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1295
ComeBackTV 847
SteadfastSC778
TaKeTV 491
IndyStarCraft 176
Rex151
EnkiAlexander 85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 176
Rex 151
ProTech127
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45790
Bisu 2297
EffOrt 972
Shuttle 619
BeSt 466
Mini 456
Soma 439
Light 429
Larva 360
ZerO 205
[ Show more ]
Rush 192
Hyuk 178
firebathero 78
Sea.KH 66
Mong 64
Snow 57
910 56
Liquid`Ret 54
Pusan 53
Sexy 40
ToSsGirL 34
Aegong 30
Trap 29
Bale 27
Terrorterran 22
JYJ 21
Shine 20
Rock 16
yabsab 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8594
qojqva962
Counter-Strike
fl0m829
Fnx 800
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1410
Khaldor1171
Other Games
singsing1876
hiko1436
Beastyqt651
Livibee203
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS159
KnowMe124
XaKoH 118
QueenE84
Mew2King76
DeMusliM49
ZerO(Twitch)12
CosmosSc2 4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• StrangeGG 30
• mYiSmile129
• Gemini_19 11
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• Michael_bg 11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3616
• TFBlade407
Other Games
• Shiphtur319
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 5m
Online Event
19h 5m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.