• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:26
CEST 20:26
KST 03:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9101 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 4284

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51588 Posts
October 15 2014 13:46 GMT
#85661
On October 15 2014 21:36 Numy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2014 21:27 maru~ wrote:
On October 15 2014 13:15 jojamon wrote:
On October 15 2014 02:26 ragz_gt wrote:
If you read chinese you can go for chinese sub, which are generally better quality because there ain't as many language hoops to jump through


Where can I find Chinese subbed anime here in NA? Tudou has copyright issues here in USA. I prefer torrents since I can watch it at 1.1x to save myself a bit of time, or if the anime is slower paced and conversation heavy, I can speed up to 1.5 or 2x speed to power through it.

Ugh, there are people who actually do that?


I almost want to ask someone to ban him. I feel soiled just posting in the same thread.


whats your opinion on people who skip scenes then?
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 14:04:03
October 15 2014 14:03 GMT
#85662
Not sure why you'd ever do that. >__>

Read/watch/heard something as it is meant to be read/watched/heard.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 14:09:37
October 15 2014 14:09 GMT
#85663
On October 15 2014 22:46 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2014 21:36 Numy wrote:
On October 15 2014 21:27 maru~ wrote:
On October 15 2014 13:15 jojamon wrote:
On October 15 2014 02:26 ragz_gt wrote:
If you read chinese you can go for chinese sub, which are generally better quality because there ain't as many language hoops to jump through


Where can I find Chinese subbed anime here in NA? Tudou has copyright issues here in USA. I prefer torrents since I can watch it at 1.1x to save myself a bit of time, or if the anime is slower paced and conversation heavy, I can speed up to 1.5 or 2x speed to power through it.

Ugh, there are people who actually do that?


I almost want to ask someone to ban him. I feel soiled just posting in the same thread.


whats your opinion on people who skip scenes then?


Show's most likely shit then and should prob just drop it instead. I know I've done that occasionally when I should have just dropped the show instead. Gotta learn from ones mistakes.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 15 2014 14:17 GMT
#85664
skipping scenes is probably something that happens once in a very boring moment of a series you otherwise still enjoy so whatever, happens.

But going through the entire thing super fast seems stupid. Would be equally stupid if you skip stuff on a regular basis and still watch it. If it's really that bad just drop it...
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 15 2014 14:25 GMT
#85665
Well I guess if you watching something like OP where the pacing is that of a deadsnail riding a deadsnail then you kind of have to skip scenes every episode or so to enjoy it but if it's a normal show and you doing it constantly than maybe it's best just to drop it.

Watching something at 1.5x/2x the speed especially when it's dialogue heavy seems completely silly. Dialogue heavy is when you may next the most time to grasp what is going on not the least.
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
October 15 2014 14:31 GMT
#85666
Skipping anything takes away from the entire point of watching a series.
A good series will have no skippable content.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51588 Posts
October 15 2014 14:32 GMT
#85667
On October 15 2014 23:03 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Not sure why you'd ever do that. >__>

Read/watch/heard something as it is meant to be read/watched/heard.


I don't, but there are people that do
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
October 15 2014 14:42 GMT
#85668
Yeah, those people are bad and should feel bad imoiom :p
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 15 2014 15:55 GMT
#85669
wow grisaia really is nothing but nonstop pantsu oO
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 15 2014 16:20 GMT
#85670
Nothing wrong with pantsu
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 15 2014 16:21 GMT
#85671
You should really be sleeping instead of watching pantsu.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 15 2014 16:29 GMT
#85672
But I'm awake now. Crab plz.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
October 15 2014 16:29 GMT
#85673
lmao I don't understand what's wrong with watching at a higher speed
I'm still watching the same content, and if I catch a sentence I can't really grasp I just press the back arrow and rewatch that 10s sequence again.

that said, I definitely could not watch stuff like monogatari at 1.5x, or any explanation heavy stuff at that speed. especially for the former I think there were times I had to rewatch segments on normal speed/pause at certain scenes.
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 15 2014 16:37 GMT
#85674
On October 16 2014 01:29 andyrau wrote:
lmao I don't understand what's wrong with watching at a higher speed
I'm still watching the same content, and if I catch a sentence I can't really grasp I just press the back arrow and rewatch that 10s sequence again.

that said, I definitely could not watch stuff like monogatari at 1.5x, or any explanation heavy stuff at that speed. especially for the former I think there were times I had to rewatch segments on normal speed/pause at certain scenes.


Let's see. You get fucked up music,effects,voice acting and visuals all for the benefit of what? I get if you don't really give a shit about what you watching and just want something to kill the time but then why even watch the show? Just do something else to kill that time with.

I'd say just read a book if you want to kill time but I doubt someone that can't even watch a show at normal speed would have patience for a book.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 15 2014 16:38 GMT
#85675
it's probably because most people consider this a hobby and don't care about content / time interval but rather about enjoyment you get from it, perhaps even in a chilled mood rather than a rushed one.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
bluegarfield
Profile Joined December 2010
Singapore1128 Posts
October 15 2014 16:41 GMT
#85676
Idk why you want to watch at 2x speed? everything is so distorted you may as well skip that part if you want to save time instead
ELqQQT_T
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 15 2014 16:42 GMT
#85677
I actually know a couple guys who are going through audio books with faster than normal speed as well. I don't really care but I do find it strange
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 15 2014 16:45 GMT
#85678
Now that is weird. I'm not really into audio books but my brother listens to them on his drive to work. Would seem really counter productive to care about time when intentionally using an audio book.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 16:51:25
October 15 2014 16:49 GMT
#85679
funny that you bring up reading a book because it's basically like speed reading
I still understand all of the content & nuances, and my feelings are unchanged if I read the book at a slower pace.

as for distortion of the animation I slow down for faster/flashier animations like chase scenes, fight scenes etc. otherwise the rest of the time it's just intra/inter character dialogue scenes. I get the that the voices are distorted but personally it's an aspect I don't really care for.
usually for normal stuff I watch it at 1-1.5x, I rarely watch stuff at 2x.

I guess it's a pretty unpopular opinion around here
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-15 17:04:39
October 15 2014 16:54 GMT
#85680
Might as well stick to the written/drawn medium instead of visual if you purposely discard any of the bonuses it has over the former. Never understood speed reading a novel, I use that for more useless pieces of text that's bloated with crap like a newspaper. It's impossible to say you get all the content and nuances unless the book doesn't contain much subtlety

Well you can obviously watch whatever you want however you want to. Just seems like you missing out on more than half the enjoyment.
Prev 1 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM827
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 106
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC58
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 839
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 219
MaxPax 169
RuFF_SC2 109
BRAT_OK 102
UpATreeSC 63
ZombieGrub61
SteadfastSC 51
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3200
Shuttle 665
Mini 452
EffOrt 371
Mind 77
Dewaltoss 73
910 73
Zeus 66
HiyA 62
hero 59
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 17
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
qojqva3428
Counter-Strike
fl0m5221
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 644
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3584
Liquid`Hasu198
Other Games
singsing2080
Beastyqt860
ceh9719
mouzStarbuck278
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 150
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
Other Games
• imaqtpie693
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.