• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:11
CEST 20:11
KST 03:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12227 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 4260

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 20:24:16
October 10 2014 20:22 GMT
#85181
On October 11 2014 03:51 HolydaKing wrote:
I see. Is the currently airing Gundam Build Fighters (Try) AU or Universal Century? If it is AU it might be a good idea to try it and see if I like it.


It's not really a Gundam anime, but an anime about Gundam.

On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?


Was just gonna say that but ZNF got it covered
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
andyrau
Profile Joined December 2010
13015 Posts
October 10 2014 20:25 GMT
#85182
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.
"Zai is legitimately not as good as bulba." | kaipi ti3 champions
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8714 Posts
October 10 2014 20:34 GMT
#85183
On October 11 2014 02:16 Unleashing wrote:
Oh god the censoring in terra formars has become so bad it has to be a joke.
Examples:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


This is now clearly a comedy with how hilariously bad this is.


What the actual fuck? lol

Anyways, started with Hataraku Maou-sama! yesterday, as said. 5 episodes in now. I wasn't convinced after the first episode but it surely ramped up. Smiling/grining through out every episode with occasionally breaking out in laughter. So good, thanks for the suggestion.
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
October 10 2014 20:36 GMT
#85184
On October 11 2014 05:25 andyrau wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.


Obviously it's not meant to be a lesson in classical music... like amaburi is not a model for business management
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 20:38:43
October 10 2014 20:37 GMT
#85185
On October 11 2014 05:25 andyrau wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.


I thought Nodame was good, but not great, but even then I feel like a lot of the things you comment on feel like exaggerations for the sake of creative liberty/entertainment and not because they necessarily made a gross error. I mean...batting averages in baseball are usually incredibly low, but in Cross Game, which seemed like they wanted to at least be a bit realistic, everyone had like...pretty ridiculously high batting averages.

Like, yeah, we might say that an accompaniment, by the definition of the word I guess, is supposed to complement the performance, but given the romantic component in the anime, I think it fits quite well with everything.

But anyway, I just liked Nodame because they had a lot of classical music and it's one of the few anime where they really paid a lot of attention to detail when animating how people played their instruments.

:3
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 20:45:45
October 10 2014 20:42 GMT
#85186
On October 11 2014 05:34 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 02:16 Unleashing wrote:
Oh god the censoring in terra formars has become so bad it has to be a joke.
Examples:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


This is now clearly a comedy with how hilariously bad this is.


What the actual fuck? lol

Anyways, started with Hataraku Maou-sama! yesterday, as said. 5 episodes in now. I wasn't convinced after the first episode but it surely ramped up. Smiling/grining through out every episode with occasionally breaking out in laughter. So good, thanks for the suggestion.


I actually considered to write back to you and tell you to just ignore (ignore as in, don't mind it but still watch it) episode 1 because that one's really boring but thought you wouldn't just drop it after that and like you said, it does become good right after that episode. There's one more "boring" episode in there down the road but but it's a really good watch all in all.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
October 10 2014 21:08 GMT
#85187
On October 11 2014 03:51 HolydaKing wrote:
I see. Is the currently airing Gundam Build Fighters (Try) AU or Universal Century? If it is AU it might be a good idea to try it and see if I like it.

I guess technically it would be AU. Universal Century was the original timeline for Gundam, and roughly half the Gundam series take place at different points in that timeline. AU stands for Alternate Universe, where they are all off in their own continuity.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
October 10 2014 21:16 GMT
#85188
On October 11 2014 05:37 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 05:25 andyrau wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.


I thought Nodame was good, but not great, but even then I feel like a lot of the things you comment on feel like exaggerations for the sake of creative liberty/entertainment and not because they necessarily made a gross error. I mean...batting averages in baseball are usually incredibly low, but in Cross Game, which seemed like they wanted to at least be a bit realistic, everyone had like...pretty ridiculously high batting averages.

Like, yeah, we might say that an accompaniment, by the definition of the word I guess, is supposed to complement the performance, but given the romantic component in the anime, I think it fits quite well with everything.

But anyway, I just liked Nodame because they had a lot of classical music and it's one of the few anime where they really paid a lot of attention to detail when animating how people played their instruments.

:3


Actually high school baseball it's not all that rare for someone to bat .700 to .800 for a whole year. It's not like professional where the best and the worst is only marginally different, if you are really good and on a pro path, you just absolutely destroy everything.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
October 10 2014 21:50 GMT
#85189
Oooooh.

Okay, I guess that makes sense. I didn't know that before though. @__@ I blame my complete disinterest in the sport.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
MichaelEU
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands816 Posts
October 10 2014 21:56 GMT
#85190
Some Grisaia news.

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/lets-bring-the-grisaia-trilogy-to-the-west/2814/

Want film strip.
世界を革命する力を!― znf: "Michael-oniichan ( *^▽^*)ノ✩キラ✩"
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 22:07:39
October 10 2014 22:03 GMT
#85191
Please extremely critically review my idea for Software Engineering Final Yr Project

Here is the idea (from 2 minutes ago):
+ Show Spoiler +

Tool that allows a user to create a list of anime shows by drawing from a master list and then share this online in a customisable graphical format e.g. anichart lists or the list at the top of anime thread https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3m7jfrkqg8580r/list2.png

The primary purpose of this tool is to allow users to rapidly create a graphical collage of anime that they want to recommend or share with another person.




I initially think the idea might be ok because

a) really the ONLY important thing is that it has technical challenges/choices that need to be addressed - at a glimpse I see

- database management? (sql?)
- connectivity? (???)
- compatibility/portability? (adobe air?) (web-based?) (facebook support?)
- scalability? (ways to measure performance?)
- graphical performance (benchmarking? other methods to measure?)
- choice of technology?
- existing products?

b) is this a unique idea/system? IT MIGHT BE?

- where did this image come from / how did it get generated?!?!?!?!? https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3m7jfrkqg8580r/list2.png (image from top of thread)

- do sites like MyAnimeList offer image generation? (i just threaded their tech support to ask but do you know of other places?)



i just knocked this up on google doc to illustrate my ap:

PIC
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]



OK after browsing for example anime lists i see there is a mobile ap which obviously the tlnet list was created from. and a couple of other mobile aps which do similar stuff. i dont know for sure what these mobile aps are used for yet ill have a look

the ap is :

http://appcrawlr.com/android/uranime-animelist

also eg
http://appcrawlr.com/android/funimation-free
http://appcrawlr.com/android/funimation-free
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286561&show=0#ZUPctJxXAqQHm8Hw.99
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Wikt
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Poland226 Posts
October 10 2014 22:04 GMT
#85192
When I first read the synopsis for Twintail Anime, I was like, wow, really? Not touching it.

But then IRC blew up about it and I watched and holy shit it's hilarious. Picked up.
Rest your copper eyes on heavens low. Let the radio waves carry you home.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
October 10 2014 22:13 GMT
#85193
I just thought souma made that adt rec picture with like ms paint =\
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
October 10 2014 22:14 GMT
#85194
Pretty sure that's how he did it lol
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
MichaelEU
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands816 Posts
October 10 2014 22:14 GMT
#85195
is this a unique idea/system


It never is.

Anyway, I started something like that a while ago but I stopped working on it because no time. Maybe I should dig it up again.

MAL does not have image generation iirc, I think a images they use is in the API somewhere. MAL API is a shit tho.
世界を革命する力を!― znf: "Michael-oniichan ( *^▽^*)ノ✩キラ✩"
Ryuhou)aS(
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1174 Posts
October 10 2014 22:15 GMT
#85196
On October 11 2014 06:16 ragz_gt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 05:37 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 05:25 andyrau wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.


I thought Nodame was good, but not great, but even then I feel like a lot of the things you comment on feel like exaggerations for the sake of creative liberty/entertainment and not because they necessarily made a gross error. I mean...batting averages in baseball are usually incredibly low, but in Cross Game, which seemed like they wanted to at least be a bit realistic, everyone had like...pretty ridiculously high batting averages.

Like, yeah, we might say that an accompaniment, by the definition of the word I guess, is supposed to complement the performance, but given the romantic component in the anime, I think it fits quite well with everything.

But anyway, I just liked Nodame because they had a lot of classical music and it's one of the few anime where they really paid a lot of attention to detail when animating how people played their instruments.

:3


Actually high school baseball it's not all that rare for someone to bat .700 to .800 for a whole year. It's not like professional where the best and the worst is only marginally different, if you are really good and on a pro path, you just absolutely destroy everything.

This right here. I had an .846 average for one year with no strikeouts. When you're at a level above the competition things like this happen a lot. (i was at a college level in high school).

BW. There will always be a special place in my heart for the game I spent 10 years to be mediocre at.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
October 10 2014 22:27 GMT
#85197
On October 11 2014 07:15 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 06:16 ragz_gt wrote:
On October 11 2014 05:37 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 05:25 andyrau wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.


I thought Nodame was good, but not great, but even then I feel like a lot of the things you comment on feel like exaggerations for the sake of creative liberty/entertainment and not because they necessarily made a gross error. I mean...batting averages in baseball are usually incredibly low, but in Cross Game, which seemed like they wanted to at least be a bit realistic, everyone had like...pretty ridiculously high batting averages.

Like, yeah, we might say that an accompaniment, by the definition of the word I guess, is supposed to complement the performance, but given the romantic component in the anime, I think it fits quite well with everything.

But anyway, I just liked Nodame because they had a lot of classical music and it's one of the few anime where they really paid a lot of attention to detail when animating how people played their instruments.

:3


Actually high school baseball it's not all that rare for someone to bat .700 to .800 for a whole year. It's not like professional where the best and the worst is only marginally different, if you are really good and on a pro path, you just absolutely destroy everything.

This right here. I had an .846 average for one year with no strikeouts. When you're at a level above the competition things like this happen a lot. (i was at a college level in high school).



O__O

:O

Sugoi!!! Wow hahah that's awesome
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Ryuhou)aS(
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1174 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 22:43:05
October 10 2014 22:42 GMT
#85198
On October 11 2014 07:27 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 07:15 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
On October 11 2014 06:16 ragz_gt wrote:
On October 11 2014 05:37 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 05:25 andyrau wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.


I thought Nodame was good, but not great, but even then I feel like a lot of the things you comment on feel like exaggerations for the sake of creative liberty/entertainment and not because they necessarily made a gross error. I mean...batting averages in baseball are usually incredibly low, but in Cross Game, which seemed like they wanted to at least be a bit realistic, everyone had like...pretty ridiculously high batting averages.

Like, yeah, we might say that an accompaniment, by the definition of the word I guess, is supposed to complement the performance, but given the romantic component in the anime, I think it fits quite well with everything.

But anyway, I just liked Nodame because they had a lot of classical music and it's one of the few anime where they really paid a lot of attention to detail when animating how people played their instruments.

:3


Actually high school baseball it's not all that rare for someone to bat .700 to .800 for a whole year. It's not like professional where the best and the worst is only marginally different, if you are really good and on a pro path, you just absolutely destroy everything.

This right here. I had an .846 average for one year with no strikeouts. When you're at a level above the competition things like this happen a lot. (i was at a college level in high school).



O__O

:O

Sugoi!!! Wow hahah that's awesome


ya until i violently dislocated my shoulder 3 times in a 6 month span and now i can't swing a bat anymore
BW. There will always be a special place in my heart for the game I spent 10 years to be mediocre at.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 22:50:26
October 10 2014 22:44 GMT
#85199
tnx for the replies
i posted on a forum? called Hummingbird , they seem to have tech staff . to ask for their advice/projects
i posted on mynanimelist too. ill look into what their API does....

any other techy communities i might wanna look to for advice?

i went to http://appcrawlr.com/android/uranime-animelist website but their login system is broken at the moment .
i dont have a modern phone so cant try their ap out or any others. lol. i should probably get a modern phone now i'm doing mobile ap dev at uni


to you guys - any other anime projects you ever thought about , maybe i would do one of your ideas? (software engineering)

this one looks pretty good http://appcrawlr.com/ios/anime-plus
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
October 10 2014 23:08 GMT
#85200
On October 11 2014 07:42 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 11 2014 07:27 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 07:15 Ryuhou)aS( wrote:
On October 11 2014 06:16 ragz_gt wrote:
On October 11 2014 05:37 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 05:25 andyrau wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:50 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On October 11 2014 04:28 andyrau wrote:
i fucking hate animes about classical performing arts
they're always completely out of touch

and yes i realize the music and instruments are just plot devices
Have you seen Nodame Cantabile?

yea it was a funny rocom
exaggerations of the difference between playing by ear and by score were seriously stupid tho. performance is your own interpretation of a piece and accompaniment is supposed to complement rather than form a true duet.
but I guess to the average pedestrian its a decent portrayal of the appropriate balance.


I thought Nodame was good, but not great, but even then I feel like a lot of the things you comment on feel like exaggerations for the sake of creative liberty/entertainment and not because they necessarily made a gross error. I mean...batting averages in baseball are usually incredibly low, but in Cross Game, which seemed like they wanted to at least be a bit realistic, everyone had like...pretty ridiculously high batting averages.

Like, yeah, we might say that an accompaniment, by the definition of the word I guess, is supposed to complement the performance, but given the romantic component in the anime, I think it fits quite well with everything.

But anyway, I just liked Nodame because they had a lot of classical music and it's one of the few anime where they really paid a lot of attention to detail when animating how people played their instruments.

:3


Actually high school baseball it's not all that rare for someone to bat .700 to .800 for a whole year. It's not like professional where the best and the worst is only marginally different, if you are really good and on a pro path, you just absolutely destroy everything.

This right here. I had an .846 average for one year with no strikeouts. When you're at a level above the competition things like this happen a lot. (i was at a college level in high school).



O__O

:O

Sugoi!!! Wow hahah that's awesome


ya until i violently dislocated my shoulder 3 times in a 6 month span and now i can't swing a bat anymore


That's like real life Tachibana Hideo stuff...
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Prev 1 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1048
TKL 366
IndyStarCraft 270
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1048
ByuN 454
TKL 366
IndyStarCraft 270
Reynor 176
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45950
Calm 2661
Shuttle 433
actioN 168
Mini 133
firebathero 114
White-Ra 83
Mong 47
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11094
Counter-Strike
fl0m6462
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2650
Liquid`Hasu466
MindelVK16
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2007
FrodaN1458
B2W.Neo764
olofmeister552
Khaldor447
KnowMe324
crisheroes189
Livibee165
ToD138
Mew2King82
Beastyqt0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick371
BasetradeTV217
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 10
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach82
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV556
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1653
Other Games
• imaqtpie873
• Shiphtur658
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
49m
BSL Open Qualifier
49m
OSC
4h 49m
Replay Cast
4h 49m
OSC
17h 49m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.