• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:13
CEST 17:13
KST 00:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8880 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 49

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Tyrio
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3248 Posts
April 18 2011 03:18 GMT
#961
Thought the first episode was okay, nothing mind-blowing, just okay. A few gripes tho: I don't like the portrayal of Drogo (mascara wtf) and Daeneyrs' wedding. The show portrayed it almost as a straight-up rape (she's crying and he just forces her to her knees) whereas in the books it was at least somewhat semi-consensual. Drogo's army is also way too small, but I guess it would be quite an effort to scrounge up several thousand extras to play that scene.

I also don't understand why they adapted the prologue so differently. It seems like the book prologue would be a better hook since it involves a sword fight. There doesn't seem to be any benefits in not including the fight and switching who flees/gets executed.

Joffrey looks far too young when compared to how much Sansa/Robb/Jon got their ages buffed.
[NA] Tyrio.486 / Ahsh
zz_
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1022 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-18 03:23:16
April 18 2011 03:19 GMT
#962
On April 18 2011 11:58 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 11:54 zz_ wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:50 xDaunt wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:17 1Eris1 wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:09 zerglingsfolife wrote:
God that was fucking sweet

I already love Tyrion



Agreed, easily my favorite character


Tyrion is easily the best character in the series so far. Dinklage plays him perfectly.


He's pretty much the best character in the series, period. That's not to say that the rest of the characters aren't good, George is a master of personalities, but Tyrion is in a league by himself.


+ Show Spoiler +
Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed when he didn't show up in Feast for Crows.


+ Show Spoiler +
So was I. The book still carried it's own though, because of the other characters. Jaime and the Hound are both among my favourites, which made me sad when George + Show Spoiler +
killed off the Hound.
Also, both Arya and Sansa (especially Arya) get more and more interesting for each book that goes by. And then we have, of course, the Onion Knight, who is awesome, as well as Mellisandre, who I think will be really interesting to see on screen, and the brothers Martell, Doran and Oberyn. Can't wait for further seasons of this show, I really hope it keeps interest up! *HYPE*
In the absence of justice, what is sovereignty but organized robbery?
viii
Profile Joined March 2011
United States266 Posts
April 18 2011 03:22 GMT
#963
Its really cool, i wish they had more women though IMO
For those who came from nothing, and became something - DGK
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
April 18 2011 03:40 GMT
#964
Just finished watching it, first episode was very satisfying Can't wait for next week <<
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
April 18 2011 03:41 GMT
#965
On April 18 2011 12:19 zz_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 11:58 xDaunt wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:54 zz_ wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:50 xDaunt wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:17 1Eris1 wrote:
On April 18 2011 11:09 zerglingsfolife wrote:
God that was fucking sweet

I already love Tyrion



Agreed, easily my favorite character


Tyrion is easily the best character in the series so far. Dinklage plays him perfectly.


He's pretty much the best character in the series, period. That's not to say that the rest of the characters aren't good, George is a master of personalities, but Tyrion is in a league by himself.


+ Show Spoiler +
Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed when he didn't show up in Feast for Crows.


+ Show Spoiler +
So was I. The book still carried it's own though, because of the other characters. Jaime and the Hound are both among my favourites, which made me sad when George + Show Spoiler +
killed off the Hound.
Also, both Arya and Sansa (especially Arya) get more and more interesting for each book that goes by. And then we have, of course, the Onion Knight, who is awesome, as well as Mellisandre, who I think will be really interesting to see on screen, and the brothers Martell, Doran and Oberyn. Can't wait for further seasons of this show, I really hope it keeps interest up! *HYPE*


+ Show Spoiler +
Oberyn vs the Mountain is going to be fight of the century... cannot wait!
KurtistheTurtle
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1966 Posts
April 18 2011 03:50 GMT
#966
+ Show Spoiler +
the horse lord looks like a drag queen...i envisioned stereotypical barbarian. threw me off
“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears."
oo inflame oo
Profile Joined April 2011
United States286 Posts
April 18 2011 03:58 GMT
#967
On April 18 2011 12:18 Tyrio wrote:
Thought the first episode was okay, nothing mind-blowing, just okay. A few gripes tho: I don't like the portrayal of Drogo (mascara wtf) and Daeneyrs' wedding. The show portrayed it almost as a straight-up rape (she's crying and he just forces her to her knees) whereas in the books it was at least somewhat semi-consensual. Drogo's army is also way too small, but I guess it would be quite an effort to scrounge up several thousand extras to play that scene.

I also don't understand why they adapted the prologue so differently. It seems like the book prologue would be a better hook since it involves a sword fight. There doesn't seem to be any benefits in not including the fight and switching who flees/gets executed.

Joffrey looks far too young when compared to how much Sansa/Robb/Jon got their ages buffed.



I'm pretty sure in the book he just mounts her and she has no say against it.
Aurdon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2007 Posts
April 18 2011 03:58 GMT
#968
I just don't know if I can watch this series. I read the books. Well I started to and then after getting emotionally invested in so many characters and watching them all die. I don't know if I want to do that again. It's a depressing series to get back involved in. Nothing but death and tragedy.


I know that Happy Endings are cliched and overdone, but Martin finally made me realize that I'd rather have them.
Tyrio
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3248 Posts
April 18 2011 04:04 GMT
#969
On April 18 2011 12:58 oo inflame oo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 12:18 Tyrio wrote:
Thought the first episode was okay, nothing mind-blowing, just okay. A few gripes tho: I don't like the portrayal of Drogo (mascara wtf) and Daeneyrs' wedding. The show portrayed it almost as a straight-up rape (she's crying and he just forces her to her knees) whereas in the books it was at least somewhat semi-consensual. Drogo's army is also way too small, but I guess it would be quite an effort to scrounge up several thousand extras to play that scene.

I also don't understand why they adapted the prologue so differently. It seems like the book prologue would be a better hook since it involves a sword fight. There doesn't seem to be any benefits in not including the fight and switching who flees/gets executed.

Joffrey looks far too young when compared to how much Sansa/Robb/Jon got their ages buffed.



I'm pretty sure in the book he just mounts her and she has no say against it.


Not at all. That's kind of sort of what happens in subsequent chapters when they're traveling (but she eventually begins to consent to those too).

On their wedding night it's made very clear that Drogo doesn't just savage her and is gentle with her.
[NA] Tyrio.486 / Ahsh
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
April 18 2011 04:05 GMT
#970
Aw, what the fuck.
+ Show Spoiler +
I'm disappointed they changed the post-Daenerys wedding scene, where we find-out that Drogo is actually a bit of a gentleman.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
April 18 2011 04:05 GMT
#971
Im curious,

+ Show Spoiler +
I dont know all the names yet, but at the end of the episode when the queen was humping the blonde dude, what is the significance there, other than the obvious? I thought I heard him say he was her brother? or is he a prince?
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
April 18 2011 04:08 GMT
#972
On April 18 2011 13:05 Darpa wrote:
Im curious,

+ Show Spoiler +
I dont know all the names yet, but at the end of the episode when the queen was humping the blonde dude, what is the significance there, other than the obvious? I thought I heard him say he was her brother? or is he a prince?

+ Show Spoiler +
They're twins
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
April 18 2011 04:09 GMT
#973
Started off pretty awesome but then it kind of took a turn for the smutty just for the sake of it. Throw in some electric guitar riffs and Jupiter's Cocks and it'd be like watching a Spartacus ripoff. If you haven't read the books I can't imagine you have any idea what is going on at this point, but there's titties and beheadings every 5 minutes so I'm sure you don't mind that much.

Hopefully most of that is the result of how the beginning of the book had to be condensed. Don't get me wrong, I like Spartacus and I like titties I was just expecting something else.
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
April 18 2011 04:13 GMT
#974
I'm honestly a little disappointed over-all. The directors over-did the smut, ruining other-wise good scenes just for the sake of appealing to baser instincts since people have the attention-spans of hummingbirds. Though the books are very dark and dirty, I never actually felt dirty reading them. Watching this, though, feels like I'm a pervert being pandered to.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
April 18 2011 04:18 GMT
#975
On April 18 2011 13:08 Nevuk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 13:05 Darpa wrote:
Im curious,

+ Show Spoiler +
I dont know all the names yet, but at the end of the episode when the queen was humping the blonde dude, what is the significance there, other than the obvious? I thought I heard him say he was her brother? or is he a prince?

+ Show Spoiler +
They're twins


Holy shit. Thats fucked. Thanks tho!


I have a vague Idea of whats going on, but i think its going to be a few episodes before i figure out whats really happening (having never read nor heard of the books).
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
April 18 2011 04:19 GMT
#976
On the other hand, + Show Spoiler +
Catelyn was dressed during the scene where they get the message from Lysa, whereas in the book she's definitely buck naked.
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
April 18 2011 04:25 GMT
#977
I personally thought it was really good. I'll agree though that i wish they'd have portrayed Dany's wedding night better. I mean it would have only taken one more min of the episode just to get to the point where he's gentle with her and does his foreplay. With her finally saying yes.
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
Daliniues
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada117 Posts
April 18 2011 04:27 GMT
#978
For anyone else that missed it I'm assuming it will be released on Itunes at some point soon. Ugh seeing everyone enjoying it just makes me want to watch it more.
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
April 18 2011 04:28 GMT
#979
On April 18 2011 13:19 Jyvblamo wrote:
On the other hand, + Show Spoiler +
Catelyn was dressed during the scene where they get the message from Lysa, whereas in the book she's definitely buck naked.


lol you cant compare every scene to what happens in the book. It's just not gonna happen and you're definitely setting your self up for fail if you do.
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
SergioCQH
Profile Joined October 2010
United States143 Posts
April 18 2011 04:33 GMT
#980
For the prudish people complaining about the sex and nudity, the books actually had MORE nudity that this episode left out. Get your facts straight.
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1345
ComeBackTV 632
SteadfastSC468
TaKeTV 416
LamboSC2277
IndyStarCraft 148
Rex144
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 468
LamboSC2 277
IndyStarCraft 148
Rex 144
ProTech141
BRAT_OK 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42683
Shuttle 2463
EffOrt 855
Horang2 807
Light 775
Mini 691
Soma 411
Stork 348
BeSt 317
firebathero 311
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 294
Rush 241
ggaemo 218
Snow 206
ZerO 155
Leta 153
Pusan 73
hero 70
Sharp 58
sorry 55
Killer 45
Shinee 38
Mong 34
Mind 33
ToSsGirL 32
Sexy 27
Trap 25
Yoon 24
Shine 23
soO 19
Terrorterran 19
Bale 19
Free 17
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 5
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc10085
Dendi901
qojqva707
Fuzer 212
420jenkins143
Counter-Strike
fl0m771
markeloff73
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1960
crisheroes1251
XaKoH 168
MindelVK1
Other Games
singsing1962
B2W.Neo953
Liquid`VortiX215
Hui .190
ArmadaUGS176
Mew2King107
QueenE93
Trikslyr30
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)14
ToD3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 19
• mYiSmile115
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3107
• Jankos2374
• TFBlade909
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
• Shiphtur146
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 47m
Stellar Fest
21h 47m
OSC
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 18h
Online Event
1d 19h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.