• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:02
CEST 14:02
KST 21:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7356 users

[TV] HBO Game of Thrones - Page 36

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 1836 Next
All book discussion in this thread is now allowed.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
April 04 2011 06:47 GMT
#701
I have no background with these books, but I fucking love HBO tv series and I love the fantasy genre. So without major spoilers, seasons last 80+ years in this world, white walkers are some sort of undead things, and this whole series will take place during winter?
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 04 2011 06:52 GMT
#702
On April 04 2011 15:47 Drowsy wrote:
I have no background with these books, but I fucking love HBO tv series and I love the fantasy genre. So without major spoilers, seasons last 80+ years in this world, white walkers are some sort of undead things, and this whole series will take place during winter?


Seasons last however long they last. Years last however long they last. It's been 10 years since the last Winter, but no one knows what constitutes a year in Westeros.

White walkers are Others. Basically you have Dragons and you have the Others. Then you have some Magi and a spoiler. That's all the fantasy you'll get. I think I've got the wights/Others/undead confused after the preview though.

The phrase is, "Winter is Coming." Not, "Winter is Here." I believe the unreleased Book Six is when Winter actually begins.
There is no one like you in the universe.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 06:55:13
April 04 2011 06:54 GMT
#703
On April 04 2011 15:52 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 15:47 Drowsy wrote:
I have no background with these books, but I fucking love HBO tv series and I love the fantasy genre. So without major spoilers, seasons last 80+ years in this world, white walkers are some sort of undead things, and this whole series will take place during winter?


Seasons last however long they last. Years last however long they last. It's been 10 years since the last Winter, but no one knows what constitutes a year in Westeros.

White walkers are Others. Basically you have Dragons and you have the Others. Then you have some Magi and a spoiler. That's all the fantasy you'll get. I think I've got the wights/Others/undead confused after the preview though.

The phrase is, "Winter is Coming." Not, "Winter is Here." I believe the unreleased Book Six is when Winter actually begins.


ok so there's no calendar and season durations are kinda random. But they said the kid was 10 years old, so does that mean 3650 days?
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
eNbee
Profile Joined July 2010
Belgium487 Posts
April 04 2011 06:56 GMT
#704
On April 04 2011 15:54 Drowsy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 15:52 Blisse wrote:
On April 04 2011 15:47 Drowsy wrote:
I have no background with these books, but I fucking love HBO tv series and I love the fantasy genre. So without major spoilers, seasons last 80+ years in this world, white walkers are some sort of undead things, and this whole series will take place during winter?


Seasons last however long they last. Years last however long they last. It's been 10 years since the last Winter, but no one knows what constitutes a year in Westeros.

White walkers are Others. Basically you have Dragons and you have the Others. Then you have some Magi and a spoiler. That's all the fantasy you'll get. I think I've got the wights/Others/undead confused after the preview though.

The phrase is, "Winter is Coming." Not, "Winter is Here." I believe the unreleased Book Six is when Winter actually begins.


ok so there's no calendar and season durations are kinda random. But they said the kid was 10 years old, so does that mean 3650 days?



It's variable, they talk in the books about exceptionally long winters/summers from the past.
hmmmm
zalz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Netherlands3704 Posts
April 04 2011 07:05 GMT
#705
Seasons last however long they last. Years last however long they last. It's been 10 years since the last Winter, but no one knows what constitutes a year in Westeros.


I don't recall them ever saying that years are different from what we consider a year.

I don't see what that would add to the story either beside making the chronolgy utterly unreadable. I am pretty sure a year is just a year.
betaV1.25
Profile Joined April 2010
425 Posts
April 04 2011 07:10 GMT
#706
Speculation about why the seasons are variable, but i hope to find out in a dance

+ Show Spoiler +
I believe that the "others" bring cold, this would explain why sometimes they have soft winters. now that they are coming south... the cold, aka winter, is going to come. This would allso fit rather well with the house stark as they are the protectors of the North (of the seven kindoms, witch is south of the others ;-))


I watched the preview now like 10 times.... if i would have the option to get the hbo channel here, i woudnt care what it would cost me, i would buy it.

Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 08:05:32
April 04 2011 08:03 GMT
#707
They don't say anything about years, so it's assumed a year is the typical length. Seasons, as said, vary in length. Bran has lived his entire life in the Summer (possibly born in Spring.)

It's too bad for HBO I refuse to get cable just for them. I'd pay $25 a month for online HBO just to watch this.

The Others were well-done for me. I did expect them to be as agile as any living creature, though they were depicted in the scene as being rather fast, despite, I think, the directors not actually trying to emphasize that point. I always saw them as quite pale, with an ethereal look, but not wholly translucent. They were quite insolent in the books regarding their vicious superiority.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Banno
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia44 Posts
April 04 2011 08:58 GMT
#708
Wow, just finsihed watching the teaser. Looks Insane. So excited for the show to begin. Wasn't so sure about this as the Wizards First Rule series got converted to Tv and it got butchered imo. But I should never doubt HBO - looks really good ^^
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
April 04 2011 10:05 GMT
#709
On April 04 2011 12:33 happyness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 10:36 nymeria wrote:
the first 15 minutes are out:
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/?cmpid=ABC587


AWESOME It was too short lol

Looks very well done. I don't have HBO tho......



Guess I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD

Or you can do as I will, get torrents now and then later buy a DVD of the whole season to support HBO.
betaV1.25
Profile Joined April 2010
425 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 16:31:52
April 04 2011 16:19 GMT
#710
On April 04 2011 17:03 Cedstick wrote:
They don't say anything about years, so it's assumed a year is the typical length. Seasons, as said, vary in length. Bran has lived his entire life in the Summer (possibly born in Spring.)

It's too bad for HBO I refuse to get cable just for them. I'd pay $25 a month for online HBO just to watch this.

The Others were well-done for me. I did expect them to be as agile as any living creature, though they were depicted in the scene as being rather fast, despite, I think, the directors not actually trying to emphasize that point. I always saw them as quite pale, with an ethereal look, but not wholly translucent. They were quite insolent in the books regarding their vicious superiority.



How do i get online hbo ? i have been searching their site but... i am not finding it.

Edit: In my nerdgasm i choked and actually read that you are paying 25$ a month for online HBO. Now that i have registered @ hbo.com with my work email and searched the site over and over i reread your post and have to conclude that i was reading incorrectly.
cyberspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada955 Posts
April 04 2011 16:39 GMT
#711
That preview alone has me hooked! Can not wait for it start!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
enzymezero
Profile Joined March 2010
United States65 Posts
April 04 2011 17:34 GMT
#712
I've been a huge fan of the series. Sadly I only got through two books and a quarter of the way through the third. It's been a few years since I've actually read the books. I probably should start re-reading them to refresh myself. At least make it a summer project since I'm busy with my last month of college!

The preview provoked a nerd-gasm.
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
April 04 2011 17:37 GMT
#713
On April 05 2011 01:19 betaV1.25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2011 17:03 Cedstick wrote:
They don't say anything about years, so it's assumed a year is the typical length. Seasons, as said, vary in length. Bran has lived his entire life in the Summer (possibly born in Spring.)

It's too bad for HBO I refuse to get cable just for them. I'd pay $25 a month for online HBO just to watch this.

The Others were well-done for me. I did expect them to be as agile as any living creature, though they were depicted in the scene as being rather fast, despite, I think, the directors not actually trying to emphasize that point. I always saw them as quite pale, with an ethereal look, but not wholly translucent. They were quite insolent in the books regarding their vicious superiority.



How do i get online hbo ? i have been searching their site but... i am not finding it.

Edit: In my nerdgasm i choked and actually read that you are paying 25$ a month for online HBO. Now that i have registered @ hbo.com with my work email and searched the site over and over i reread your post and have to conclude that i was reading incorrectly.

Interestingly it seems like they offer a VoD service, but it's just on top of the regular cable based program. And it looks like HBO isn't even offered in Germany.

So I guess I'm stuck with downloads first and then buying the DVDs later.

b.t.w does anybody know if such a show is usually available with subtitles? Just watched the first 15 minutes and it was a bit hard to understand at times, and some of those I'll watch it with don't understand spoken English that well.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
Hamp
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway100 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-04 18:58:15
April 04 2011 18:56 GMT
#714
Guys! 15 min preview out now!
http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/about/video/exclusive-preview.html?autoplay=true&cmpid=ABC125
It is looking fucking awesome so far. Got me pumped for the rest at least.

Edit: Well, I guess I'm late to the party, but yeah, got so excited that I didn't read the posts before :/
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
April 04 2011 20:05 GMT
#715
The 15min preview was fucking awesome, can't wait for the whole episode, two weeks are gonna feel like a 10 year Westeros winter.
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
April 04 2011 20:20 GMT
#716
Just watched the preview and it's so fucking perfect! They did everything right!
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
April 04 2011 22:51 GMT
#717
I am intrigued as to why they chose Will and not Gared to die in the beheading, not that it really matters but Gared was the PoV character...

Also, just noticed the red heart tree in the godswood when the camera pans over Winterfell, nice touch I thought
DragoonPK
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
3259 Posts
April 04 2011 23:56 GMT
#718
On April 05 2011 07:51 Eishi_Ki wrote:
I am intrigued as to why they chose Will and not Gared to die in the beheading, not that it really matters but Gared was the PoV character...

Also, just noticed the red heart tree in the godswood when the camera pans over Winterfell, nice touch I thought

Wasn't it Will that was POV?
Abysus
Profile Joined November 2010
United States67 Posts
April 05 2011 00:01 GMT
#719
On April 05 2011 08:56 DragoonPK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2011 07:51 Eishi_Ki wrote:
I am intrigued as to why they chose Will and not Gared to die in the beheading, not that it really matters but Gared was the PoV character...

Also, just noticed the red heart tree in the godswood when the camera pans over Winterfell, nice touch I thought

Wasn't it Will that was POV?


+ Show Spoiler +
Yes, it was Will's pov for the chapter, but the chapter ended with Royce choking him to death
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
April 05 2011 00:02 GMT
#720
Just started reading this series, really hyped for the show
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 1836 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 942
WardiTV455
OGKoka 196
Rex135
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko371
mouzHeroMarine 297
OGKoka 196
Rex 135
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2564
Horang2 1421
Larva 1258
EffOrt 819
BeSt 633
Soma 459
Hyuk 332
Shuttle 291
Mini 272
ZerO 194
[ Show more ]
Stork 191
Light 176
Rush 158
ggaemo 133
Zeus 131
Barracks 98
Killer 89
Hyun 86
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
sorry 30
Mong 29
Yoon 24
PianO 20
Aegong 18
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
zelot 11
Noble 9
Sexy 9
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Dendi1425
BananaSlamJamma164
League of Legends
KnowMe32
Counter-Strike
byalli772
x6flipin357
Other Games
singsing2157
olofmeister1566
XaKoH 264
crisheroes259
Sick219
Pyrionflax187
B2W.Neo180
ArmadaUGS70
Mew2King49
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream511
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH332
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1698
Other Games
• WagamamaTV223
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.