• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:16
CEST 00:16
KST 07:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8693 users

Vici Gaming Discussion - Page 20

Forum Index > Dota 2 Player & Team Discussion
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 49 Next All
h1lbert
Profile Joined January 2015
United States31 Posts
February 09 2015 02:18 GMT
#381
I believe in VG! Lets go boyz!
But in my opinion, all things in nature occur mathematically.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
February 09 2015 06:17 GMT
#382
HYYYYYYYYYYYPE VG one last series fucking do it!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44308 Posts
February 09 2015 07:52 GMT
#383
this is a quote
Nomzter
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden2802 Posts
February 09 2015 10:15 GMT
#384
They didnt play that well at all, Fy had a few good moments but besides that it was really dissapointing. But hey shit and chokes happens, will be interesting to see if black stays or not and who replaces him if he's kicked.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
February 09 2015 10:16 GMT
#385
i think black is gone, sadly. the allure of the free agents that will soon flood the scene will be too much.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
February 09 2015 10:19 GMT
#386
fy says they're keeping black.
I think they should keep black as well. He's got a lot of growth. If they get someone who is already accomplished there's way less drive to succeed.
EG won the tournament mostly on draft rather than gameplay, if you seen a good VG team fight you will see how much they trust each other and their coordination is stunning. Kicking black and getting some other guy will change the chemistry.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
molecu
Profile Joined June 2013
347 Posts
February 09 2015 10:25 GMT
#387
So what happens to China now?
it all matters
Churrass
Profile Joined October 2013
573 Posts
February 09 2015 10:26 GMT
#388
i bet that was black last game on vg
Ultimo Hombre
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia1436 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-09 10:27:17
February 09 2015 10:27 GMT
#389
On February 09 2015 19:25 molecu wrote:
So what happens to China now?

everyone will shuffle
Invoker
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium686 Posts
February 09 2015 10:34 GMT
#390
Black didn't play bad at all. Not even on the last game. He had low net worth because VG decided to push really early and aggressively, they had the option to go back in every fight they got wiped out. They get 2 kills, that's ok, they still stick around and die, that's not ok.
There is no fate, but what we make.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
February 09 2015 10:54 GMT
#391
On February 09 2015 19:19 evanthebouncy! wrote:
fy says they're keeping black.
I think they should keep black as well. He's got a lot of growth. If they get someone who is already accomplished there's way less drive to succeed.
EG won the tournament mostly on draft rather than gameplay, if you seen a good VG team fight you will see how much they trust each other and their coordination is stunning. Kicking black and getting some other guy will change the chemistry.

they should keep black, but i dont think they will. it doesnt matter what they say in an interview.

but i think its the end of super's time as a not-burden. VG should really try to replace their mid player with somebody better...
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-09 11:09:23
February 09 2015 11:06 GMT
#392
As a diehard iceiceice, man i don't understand how his team always choke at the biggest event .

Super is inconsistent, Black had communication issues and fy isnt the best drafter and is pretty much known for going for smoke gank early.

Ah I'm just frustrated that I rushed home only see VG get destroyed. The lack of a good jungler support is punishing them too hard. Vici is a mometum based team who thrill on out playing in team fight.

2nd place isnt too bad at the end of the day.
Ultimo Hombre
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia1436 Posts
February 09 2015 11:08 GMT
#393
On February 09 2015 20:06 RiZu wrote:
As a diehard iceiceice, man i don't understand how his team always choke at the biggest event

because of SEA dota, its the same with Mushi
DucK-
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore11447 Posts
February 09 2015 12:15 GMT
#394
Yea the only weakness of Fy + Fenrir is that they ain't good with junglers.

Also as I have said many times, Black should stay. He didn't do badly. If someone should leave, it is Super.
ShootAnonymous
Profile Joined May 2014
1948 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-09 12:38:33
February 09 2015 12:33 GMT
#395
On February 09 2015 20:08 Ultimo Hombre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 20:06 RiZu wrote:
As a diehard iceiceice, man i don't understand how his team always choke at the biggest event

because of SEA dota, its the same with Mushi

It might be an SEA thing in general. I despair whenever I watch my preferred SG/SEA League teams failing to perform in finals. Goddammit stop choking please. T_T



Personal opinion: VG won't change rosters.

They're (surprisingly) under less pressure from the CN community I feel. Regardless of the outcomes of their matches they rarely/seldom break/flood SGamer the way other teams like ex-DK, Newbee, iG do/did. (don't judge me >.< SGamer is my guilty pleasure; some of the users there can be pretty amusing/creative with the way they flame players >_>) So there's less outside impetus.

On the flip side one can argue that since 3/5 of the players have reached 2nd and 1/5 has reached 3rd at The International before, they might have a nothing-less-than-perfect mentality and hence kick Black^. There's also an undeniable uncurrent of tension in the team (I've watched pretty much all the VG interviews, be they CN/EN, individual/team).

And honestly? I seldom find Black^ impressive/outstanding.

BUT! looking at the options currently open to VG:
1) They won't want to pick up a pubstar, I feel. CN carry-position pubstars haven't been very successful >_> Plus it's a little late to start grooming someone into a TI-level player. (yes yes something-something-Sumail-something-Artzeey-something but I'm someone more moved by legacy than by little-proven talent/potential)
2) BurNIng is going to iG, Luo even if he were to leave iG is not an upgrade over Black^.
3) Personally I like Sylar, but he's left VG; who knows how re-intergrating him back into VG will turn out.
4) Hao is not a good pick up in his current performance-level either.
5) ZSMJ... I haven't watched HGT's games closely actually, maybe someone can give an assessment.

Did I miss anyone?

So yes, in Black^ I do not trust, but he's the most practical/beneficial hard carry player available to VG right now. If I were feeling mean I'd say he's the best of a bad lot, but he's not even bad. Just not flashy. And that's honestly got to do with the way VG picks/plays and that's okay. I believe VG as a team understands that, even if their competitiveness means that they're (rightfully) unhappy/unsatisfied.
RIP DotA Kings | BurNIng : Mushi : iceiceice : LaNm : MMY!
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
February 09 2015 12:36 GMT
#396
On February 09 2015 20:06 RiZu wrote:
As a diehard iceiceice, man i don't understand how his team always choke at the biggest event .

Super is inconsistent, Black had communication issues and fy isnt the best drafter and is pretty much known for going for smoke gank early.

Ah I'm just frustrated that I rushed home only see VG get destroyed. The lack of a good jungler support is punishing them too hard. Vici is a mometum based team who thrill on out playing in team fight.

2nd place isnt too bad at the end of the day.


I pretty much agree with everything you said...
I really want VG win as well, they're the best team to watch, the stuff they can pull is stunning.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
evanthebouncy!
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States12816 Posts
February 09 2015 12:39 GMT
#397
On February 09 2015 21:33 ShootAnonymous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 20:08 Ultimo Hombre wrote:
On February 09 2015 20:06 RiZu wrote:
As a diehard iceiceice, man i don't understand how his team always choke at the biggest event

because of SEA dota, its the same with Mushi

It might be an SEA thing in general. I despair whenever I watch my preferred SG/SEA League teams failing to perform in finals. Goddammit stop choking please. T_T



Personal opinion: VG won't change rosters.

They're (surprisingly) under less pressure from the CN community I feel. Regardless of the outcomes of their matches they rarely/seldom break/flood SGamer the way other teams like ex-DK, Newbee, iG do/did. (don't judge me >.< SGamer is my guilty pleasure; some of the users there can be pretty amusing/creative with the way they flame players >_>) So there's less outside impetus.

On the flip side one can argue that since 3/5 of the players have reached 2nd and 1/5 has reached 3rd at The International before, they might have a nothing-less-than-perfect mentality and hence kick Black^. There's also an undeniable uncurrent of tension in the team (I've watched pretty much all the VG interviews, be they CN/EN, individual/team).

And honestly? I seldom find Black^ impressive/outstanding.

BUT! looking at the options currently open to VG:
1) They won't want to pick up a pubstar, I feel. CN carry-position pubstars haven't been very successful >_>
2) BurNIng is going to iG, Luo even if he were to leave iG is not an upgrade over Black^.
3) Personally I like Sylar, but he's left VG; who knows how re-intergrating him back into VG will turn out.
4) Hao is not a good pick up in his current performance-level either.
5) ZSMJ... I haven't watched HGT's games closely actually, maybe someone can give an assessment.

Did I miss anyone?

So yes, in Black^ I do not trust, but he's the most practical/beneficial hard carry player available to VG right now. If I were feeling mean I'd say he's the best of a bad lot, but he's not even bad. Just not flashy. And that's honestly got to do with the way VG picks/plays and that's okay. I believe VG as a team understands that, even if their competitiveness means that they're (rightfully) unhappy/unsatisfied.


Black^ has shown the potential to grow and probably have the best drive out of all the available people. Just for that I think they should keep him, because he has still yet to reach his potentials.

If they replace black they won't pick up a carry, the rumor atm is Lanm to support and FY to carry.
Life is run, it is dance, it is fast, passionate and BAM!, you dance and sing and booze while you can for now is the time and time is mine. Smile and laugh when still can for now is the time and soon you die!
ShootAnonymous
Profile Joined May 2014
1948 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-09 13:30:54
February 09 2015 12:48 GMT
#398
On February 09 2015 21:39 evanthebouncy! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 21:33 ShootAnonymous wrote:
On February 09 2015 20:08 Ultimo Hombre wrote:
On February 09 2015 20:06 RiZu wrote:
As a diehard iceiceice, man i don't understand how his team always choke at the biggest event

because of SEA dota, its the same with Mushi

It might be an SEA thing in general. I despair whenever I watch my preferred SG/SEA League teams failing to perform in finals. Goddammit stop choking please. T_T



Personal opinion: VG won't change rosters.

They're (surprisingly) under less pressure from the CN community I feel. Regardless of the outcomes of their matches they rarely/seldom break/flood SGamer the way other teams like ex-DK, Newbee, iG do/did. (don't judge me >.< SGamer is my guilty pleasure; some of the users there can be pretty amusing/creative with the way they flame players >_>) So there's less outside impetus.

On the flip side one can argue that since 3/5 of the players have reached 2nd and 1/5 has reached 3rd at The International before, they might have a nothing-less-than-perfect mentality and hence kick Black^. There's also an undeniable uncurrent of tension in the team (I've watched pretty much all the VG interviews, be they CN/EN, individual/team).

And honestly? I seldom find Black^ impressive/outstanding.

BUT! looking at the options currently open to VG:
1) They won't want to pick up a pubstar, I feel. CN carry-position pubstars haven't been very successful >_>
2) BurNIng is going to iG, Luo even if he were to leave iG is not an upgrade over Black^.
3) Personally I like Sylar, but he's left VG; who knows how re-intergrating him back into VG will turn out.
4) Hao is not a good pick up in his current performance-level either.
5) ZSMJ... I haven't watched HGT's games closely actually, maybe someone can give an assessment.

Did I miss anyone?

So yes, in Black^ I do not trust, but he's the most practical/beneficial hard carry player available to VG right now. If I were feeling mean I'd say he's the best of a bad lot, but he's not even bad. Just not flashy. And that's honestly got to do with the way VG picks/plays and that's okay. I believe VG as a team understands that, even if their competitiveness means that they're (rightfully) unhappy/unsatisfied.


Black^ has shown the potential to grow and probably have the best drive out of all the available people. Just for that I think they should keep him, because he has still yet to reach his potentials.

If they replace black they won't pick up a carry, the rumor atm is Lanm to support and FY to carry.


RIP my almost-favourite support duo if that happens ):

But I guess I could get behind this.

It makes sense if VG feels that their lack of a jungler will be a big issue come TI. LaNm's draftings were generally the best that came out of DK too, so I guess his experience in that aspect might be an added bonus to the team. (though this whole unretiring business is making me side-eye the heck out of ex-DK members. y u break my dream team like that if you were all gonna come back less than a year later =_= grrr.)
RIP DotA Kings | BurNIng : Mushi : iceiceice : LaNm : MMY!
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
February 09 2015 13:27 GMT
#399
VG looks fine to me. The problems they have are fixable. No one needs to be kicked and I think the rewards from replacing anyone are marginal. With this current roster, they can still do fine in TI5.
Brood War loyalist
shad2810
Profile Joined August 2013
Malaysia2682 Posts
February 09 2015 13:37 GMT
#400
On February 09 2015 21:39 evanthebouncy! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2015 21:33 ShootAnonymous wrote:
On February 09 2015 20:08 Ultimo Hombre wrote:
On February 09 2015 20:06 RiZu wrote:
As a diehard iceiceice, man i don't understand how his team always choke at the biggest event

because of SEA dota, its the same with Mushi

It might be an SEA thing in general. I despair whenever I watch my preferred SG/SEA League teams failing to perform in finals. Goddammit stop choking please. T_T



Personal opinion: VG won't change rosters.

They're (surprisingly) under less pressure from the CN community I feel. Regardless of the outcomes of their matches they rarely/seldom break/flood SGamer the way other teams like ex-DK, Newbee, iG do/did. (don't judge me >.< SGamer is my guilty pleasure; some of the users there can be pretty amusing/creative with the way they flame players >_>) So there's less outside impetus.

On the flip side one can argue that since 3/5 of the players have reached 2nd and 1/5 has reached 3rd at The International before, they might have a nothing-less-than-perfect mentality and hence kick Black^. There's also an undeniable uncurrent of tension in the team (I've watched pretty much all the VG interviews, be they CN/EN, individual/team).

And honestly? I seldom find Black^ impressive/outstanding.

BUT! looking at the options currently open to VG:
1) They won't want to pick up a pubstar, I feel. CN carry-position pubstars haven't been very successful >_>
2) BurNIng is going to iG, Luo even if he were to leave iG is not an upgrade over Black^.
3) Personally I like Sylar, but he's left VG; who knows how re-intergrating him back into VG will turn out.
4) Hao is not a good pick up in his current performance-level either.
5) ZSMJ... I haven't watched HGT's games closely actually, maybe someone can give an assessment.

Did I miss anyone?

So yes, in Black^ I do not trust, but he's the most practical/beneficial hard carry player available to VG right now. If I were feeling mean I'd say he's the best of a bad lot, but he's not even bad. Just not flashy. And that's honestly got to do with the way VG picks/plays and that's okay. I believe VG as a team understands that, even if their competitiveness means that they're (rightfully) unhappy/unsatisfied.


Black^ has shown the potential to grow and probably have the best drive out of all the available people. Just for that I think they should keep him, because he has still yet to reach his potentials.

If they replace black they won't pick up a carry, the rumor atm is Lanm to support and FY to carry.


I personally do not hope this to be true. My favorite support duo would be broken . The F&F combo
Proud owner of Fnatic and Clutch Gamers's Discussion Page
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 272
Nina 123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13200
Artosis 218
NaDa 26
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever184
febbydoto35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox349
Mew2King71
Other Games
summit1g5668
Grubby2963
Liquid`RaSZi1820
shahzam649
WinterStarcraft431
C9.Mang0284
JimRising 62
ViBE31
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• musti20045 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie929
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 44m
INu's Battles
12h 44m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 44m
OSC
23h 59m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.