• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:09
CEST 09:09
KST 16:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6697 users

General Discussion - Page 4233

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 22:31:52
October 31 2013 22:31 GMT
#84641
On November 01 2013 06:45 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 06:43 zezamer wrote:
On November 01 2013 06:38 TheEmulator wrote:
btw you can revert the side block ordering to the way it was if you don't like it. As for the new colour/design, deal with it. I find it awesome

how?

Close to teh bottom left of TL there is a thing called sidebar customization. And in that there is a button called revert to per-game columns or soemthing.

thanks, I like the new theme
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
October 31 2013 22:37 GMT
#84642
Yango, do you have prefer Dota or LoL? Or is that a door you'd rather not open? I'm just curious, as your posts make up for 94% of the blather on Dota 2 GD (blasphemy / truth).
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 22:42:03
October 31 2013 22:39 GMT
#84643
On November 01 2013 07:31 Mataza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 07:22 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:04 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:29 GentleDrill wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:14 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:06 Asha` wrote:
On November 01 2013 04:45 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 04:40 yyfpulls wrote:
On November 01 2013 03:41 Comeh wrote:
I also have 0 faith in LC being released until they fix that attack cooldown bug.


What bug is this?

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=96098

(surprised I found this)

(after all that hard work Yango beats me)

(sigh)


As if anyone can beat The Yangod to answering a question about game mechanics.

Malfunctioning game mechanics seems to be his specialty. My brain doesn't have room for all of this. AND he posts a lot on the LoL forums?


I've seen him posting in the Pokémon X & Y thread too. And not just casual stuff, like stuff that suggests he actually knows about those games too.

I think Yango might actually be the nerd I wish I could be.

Since when is there hardcore knowledge about pokemon to be had?
There is catchrate, shiny rate, DVs, EVs and how you can influence these things.

Watching wersterlobe's stream shows me at least that no matter how much you know, you still need luck or time to get what you want at Pokemon.

Speedrunning != Battling. What Werster does has nothing to do with competitive Pokemon, Speedrunning has it's own rules, but you would still surprising with the amount of knowledge it requires. Battling is often a numbers game, what outspeeds what, how many hits will this take to kill that if he has such IVs or such items, etc. It definatelly requires some knowledge to do well.

Things like catch rate, shiny rate are mostly meanignless.

And doing mental arithmetic is amazing since when?
It's been a while for me but those are still just more numbers and a bit of math and getting your mind around considering poke bodies.
At least last time I checked there was a metagame for pokemon battling too.

The best setup will forever be buffed magikarp oneshotting an entire team in a row. Countered with a simple quick attack but entertaining as hell.

It's the same this as remembering Dota mechanics.... You scan the PlayDota Advanced Mechanics sections and DevDota forums and learn things most people don't go through the trouble of doing. If you disregard memory and hardwork reading stuff as skill, it doesn't make sense glorifying the knowledge of how Dota mechanics works while completelly disregarding the work it takes to reach a high level of understanding in Pokemon mechanics. It's just something you do because you know one game and not the other.

Most questions people have regarding Dota mechanics could be answered by a quick google search in both sites I mentioned, that doesn't mean that being able to answer them is suddenly not valuable.
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
October 31 2013 22:57 GMT
#84644
On November 01 2013 07:37 IPA wrote:
Yango, do you have prefer Dota or LoL? Or is that a door you'd rather not open? I'm just curious, as your posts make up for 94% of the blather on Dota 2 GD (blasphemy / truth).

You already opened the door, we need answers.
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
Nilrem
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3684 Posts
October 31 2013 22:59 GMT
#84645
Aside from the depressing lack of Diretide (and depressing RL stuff), I had something good happen. I had a match as meepo (trying to get better with him) and someone commended me because I played actually well. Granted, I did lose a good number of matches as meepo after that but it did make me happy.

I may not be owning as Meepo but I think against bad players I can at least avoid feeding too much! So that is one plus.
Meepo Haters gonna Hate. https://twitter.com/KazeNilrem (@KazeNilrem)
Dankleteer
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 23:12:25
October 31 2013 23:08 GMT
#84646
I think I'm in a low enough level of pub where noobs can't handle meepo at all, I think I've only lost one game with him out of 7 or 8. Obviously some of that is luck of the draw, various other pub factors, so on and so forth. But I've been able to steamroll with him pretty consistently, and I don't even hotkey each individual meepo. People mistime when to gank him and forget about him after 10 minutes because he's had 0 presence. Then he shows up at level 25 at min 30 and it's too late. Same thing has happened to me playing against him. He's gone, he's gone, then he's THERE.

Grats on the good meepo game, actually becoming good with him can be vexing. I think the transition from Dota 1 to 2 has brought a new influx of passionate players with increased exposure to higher level strategy + mechanics through Dota TV, meaning that when you see a meepo picked up in a pub it's not a guaranteed cringe-worthy loss any more. There's a certain subset of players that are legit as fuck with Meepo. I'm much more trepidatious about a sniper pick.
fresh chops
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
October 31 2013 23:17 GMT
#84647
On November 01 2013 07:39 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 07:31 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:22 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:04 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:29 GentleDrill wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:14 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:06 Asha` wrote:
On November 01 2013 04:45 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 04:40 yyfpulls wrote:
On November 01 2013 03:41 Comeh wrote:
I also have 0 faith in LC being released until they fix that attack cooldown bug.


What bug is this?

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=96098

(surprised I found this)

(after all that hard work Yango beats me)

(sigh)


As if anyone can beat The Yangod to answering a question about game mechanics.

Malfunctioning game mechanics seems to be his specialty. My brain doesn't have room for all of this. AND he posts a lot on the LoL forums?


I've seen him posting in the Pokémon X & Y thread too. And not just casual stuff, like stuff that suggests he actually knows about those games too.

I think Yango might actually be the nerd I wish I could be.

Since when is there hardcore knowledge about pokemon to be had?
There is catchrate, shiny rate, DVs, EVs and how you can influence these things.

Watching wersterlobe's stream shows me at least that no matter how much you know, you still need luck or time to get what you want at Pokemon.

Speedrunning != Battling. What Werster does has nothing to do with competitive Pokemon, Speedrunning has it's own rules, but you would still surprising with the amount of knowledge it requires. Battling is often a numbers game, what outspeeds what, how many hits will this take to kill that if he has such IVs or such items, etc. It definatelly requires some knowledge to do well.

Things like catch rate, shiny rate are mostly meanignless.

And doing mental arithmetic is amazing since when?
It's been a while for me but those are still just more numbers and a bit of math and getting your mind around considering poke bodies.
At least last time I checked there was a metagame for pokemon battling too.

The best setup will forever be buffed magikarp oneshotting an entire team in a row. Countered with a simple quick attack but entertaining as hell.

It's the same this as remembering Dota mechanics.... You scan the PlayDota Advanced Mechanics sections and DevDota forums and learn things most people don't go through the trouble of doing. If you disregard memory and hardwork reading stuff as skill, it doesn't make sense glorifying the knowledge of how Dota mechanics works while completelly disregarding the work it takes to reach a high level of understanding in Pokemon mechanics. It's just something you do because you know one game and not the other.

Most questions people have regarding Dota mechanics could be answered by a quick google search in both sites I mentioned, that doesn't mean that being able to answer them is suddenly not valuable.

While there is something to knowing a lot of stuff, there is arguably less variation in pokemon because any pokemon is limited to 4 attacks and 1 poke ability or whatever it is called.

I dare say Dota is deeper because people actually had to do some research to find some things out(PRD was not public information until people found it through millions of tests).
Pokemon on the other hand is round based with known chances (divisible by 256 and the like) and therefore a limit to ongoing and interacting effects.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
October 31 2013 23:46 GMT
#84648
the stream with the highest amount of viewers is a rebroadcast. gg
© Current year.
GentleDrill
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom672 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-01 00:11:58
November 01 2013 00:04 GMT
#84649
On November 01 2013 08:17 Mataza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 07:39 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:31 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:22 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:04 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:29 GentleDrill wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:14 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:06 Asha` wrote:
On November 01 2013 04:45 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 04:40 yyfpulls wrote:
[quote]

What bug is this?

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=96098

(surprised I found this)

(after all that hard work Yango beats me)

(sigh)


As if anyone can beat The Yangod to answering a question about game mechanics.

Malfunctioning game mechanics seems to be his specialty. My brain doesn't have room for all of this. AND he posts a lot on the LoL forums?


I've seen him posting in the Pokémon X & Y thread too. And not just casual stuff, like stuff that suggests he actually knows about those games too.

I think Yango might actually be the nerd I wish I could be.

Since when is there hardcore knowledge about pokemon to be had?
There is catchrate, shiny rate, DVs, EVs and how you can influence these things.

Watching wersterlobe's stream shows me at least that no matter how much you know, you still need luck or time to get what you want at Pokemon.

Speedrunning != Battling. What Werster does has nothing to do with competitive Pokemon, Speedrunning has it's own rules, but you would still surprising with the amount of knowledge it requires. Battling is often a numbers game, what outspeeds what, how many hits will this take to kill that if he has such IVs or such items, etc. It definatelly requires some knowledge to do well.

Things like catch rate, shiny rate are mostly meanignless.

And doing mental arithmetic is amazing since when?
It's been a while for me but those are still just more numbers and a bit of math and getting your mind around considering poke bodies.
At least last time I checked there was a metagame for pokemon battling too.

The best setup will forever be buffed magikarp oneshotting an entire team in a row. Countered with a simple quick attack but entertaining as hell.

It's the same this as remembering Dota mechanics.... You scan the PlayDota Advanced Mechanics sections and DevDota forums and learn things most people don't go through the trouble of doing. If you disregard memory and hardwork reading stuff as skill, it doesn't make sense glorifying the knowledge of how Dota mechanics works while completelly disregarding the work it takes to reach a high level of understanding in Pokemon mechanics. It's just something you do because you know one game and not the other.

Most questions people have regarding Dota mechanics could be answered by a quick google search in both sites I mentioned, that doesn't mean that being able to answer them is suddenly not valuable.

While there is something to knowing a lot of stuff, there is arguably less variation in pokemon because any pokemon is limited to 4 attacks and 1 poke ability or whatever it is called.

I dare say Dota is deeper because people actually had to do some research to find some things out(PRD was not public information until people found it through millions of tests).
Pokemon on the other hand is round based with known chances (divisible by 256 and the like) and therefore a limit to ongoing and interacting effects.


I really don't know where you're meant to be going with this line of responses in relation to my original post.

All I was saying was that Yango seems to have knowledge of the Pokémon games that suggests he has invested some amount of time into it, and I was impressed by this considering this is in addition to his apparently encyclopedic knowledge of DotA AND at least some knowledge of LoL, and the fact that he seems to post about all three with some regularity. Most people get involved in one or two of these things and no more.

You seem to be saying that there isn't much to know in Pokémon but you've kind of made it clear you're even less familiar with the games than I am (you barely even knew what an ability is called). Just go look at all the writing done on Smogon and see how wrong you are. It's pretty laughable that you bring up how people had to research things in Dota because they weren't "public information". Hello almost literally everything from 1st gen Pokémon. Not to mention breeding.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
November 01 2013 00:07 GMT
#84650
no diretide are you kidding me.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
November 01 2013 00:09 GMT
#84651
nothing TT
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
November 01 2013 00:14 GMT
#84652
On November 01 2013 09:04 GentleDrill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 08:17 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:39 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:31 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:22 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:04 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:29 GentleDrill wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:14 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:06 Asha` wrote:
On November 01 2013 04:45 Comeh wrote:
[quote]
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=96098

(surprised I found this)

(after all that hard work Yango beats me)

(sigh)


As if anyone can beat The Yangod to answering a question about game mechanics.

Malfunctioning game mechanics seems to be his specialty. My brain doesn't have room for all of this. AND he posts a lot on the LoL forums?


I've seen him posting in the Pokémon X & Y thread too. And not just casual stuff, like stuff that suggests he actually knows about those games too.

I think Yango might actually be the nerd I wish I could be.

Since when is there hardcore knowledge about pokemon to be had?
There is catchrate, shiny rate, DVs, EVs and how you can influence these things.

Watching wersterlobe's stream shows me at least that no matter how much you know, you still need luck or time to get what you want at Pokemon.

Speedrunning != Battling. What Werster does has nothing to do with competitive Pokemon, Speedrunning has it's own rules, but you would still surprising with the amount of knowledge it requires. Battling is often a numbers game, what outspeeds what, how many hits will this take to kill that if he has such IVs or such items, etc. It definatelly requires some knowledge to do well.

Things like catch rate, shiny rate are mostly meanignless.

And doing mental arithmetic is amazing since when?
It's been a while for me but those are still just more numbers and a bit of math and getting your mind around considering poke bodies.
At least last time I checked there was a metagame for pokemon battling too.

The best setup will forever be buffed magikarp oneshotting an entire team in a row. Countered with a simple quick attack but entertaining as hell.

It's the same this as remembering Dota mechanics.... You scan the PlayDota Advanced Mechanics sections and DevDota forums and learn things most people don't go through the trouble of doing. If you disregard memory and hardwork reading stuff as skill, it doesn't make sense glorifying the knowledge of how Dota mechanics works while completelly disregarding the work it takes to reach a high level of understanding in Pokemon mechanics. It's just something you do because you know one game and not the other.

Most questions people have regarding Dota mechanics could be answered by a quick google search in both sites I mentioned, that doesn't mean that being able to answer them is suddenly not valuable.

While there is something to knowing a lot of stuff, there is arguably less variation in pokemon because any pokemon is limited to 4 attacks and 1 poke ability or whatever it is called.

I dare say Dota is deeper because people actually had to do some research to find some things out(PRD was not public information until people found it through millions of tests).
Pokemon on the other hand is round based with known chances (divisible by 256 and the like) and therefore a limit to ongoing and interacting effects.


I really don't know where you're meant to be going with this line of responses in relation to my original post.

All I was saying was that Yango seems to have knowledge of the Pokémon games that suggests he had invested some amount of time into it, and I was impressed by this considering this is in addition to his apparently encyclopedic knowledge of DotA AND at least some knowledge of LoL, and the fact that he seems to post about all three with some regularity. Most people get involved in one or two of these things and no more.

You seem to be saying that there isn't much to know in Pokémon but you've kind of made it clear you're even less familiar with the games than I am (you barely even knew what an ability is called). Just go look at all the writing done on Smogon and see how wrong you are.


Pokemon probably has more stuff to "know" than either DotA or LoL but the game's quite a bit dumbed down compared to its heyday so that battles play out a lot more predictably
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
GentleDrill
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom672 Posts
November 01 2013 00:19 GMT
#84653
On November 01 2013 09:14 Kupon3ss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 01 2013 09:04 GentleDrill wrote:
On November 01 2013 08:17 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:39 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:31 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:22 SKC wrote:
On November 01 2013 07:04 Mataza wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:29 GentleDrill wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:14 Comeh wrote:
On November 01 2013 05:06 Asha` wrote:
[quote]

As if anyone can beat The Yangod to answering a question about game mechanics.

Malfunctioning game mechanics seems to be his specialty. My brain doesn't have room for all of this. AND he posts a lot on the LoL forums?


I've seen him posting in the Pokémon X & Y thread too. And not just casual stuff, like stuff that suggests he actually knows about those games too.

I think Yango might actually be the nerd I wish I could be.

Since when is there hardcore knowledge about pokemon to be had?
There is catchrate, shiny rate, DVs, EVs and how you can influence these things.

Watching wersterlobe's stream shows me at least that no matter how much you know, you still need luck or time to get what you want at Pokemon.

Speedrunning != Battling. What Werster does has nothing to do with competitive Pokemon, Speedrunning has it's own rules, but you would still surprising with the amount of knowledge it requires. Battling is often a numbers game, what outspeeds what, how many hits will this take to kill that if he has such IVs or such items, etc. It definatelly requires some knowledge to do well.

Things like catch rate, shiny rate are mostly meanignless.

And doing mental arithmetic is amazing since when?
It's been a while for me but those are still just more numbers and a bit of math and getting your mind around considering poke bodies.
At least last time I checked there was a metagame for pokemon battling too.

The best setup will forever be buffed magikarp oneshotting an entire team in a row. Countered with a simple quick attack but entertaining as hell.

It's the same this as remembering Dota mechanics.... You scan the PlayDota Advanced Mechanics sections and DevDota forums and learn things most people don't go through the trouble of doing. If you disregard memory and hardwork reading stuff as skill, it doesn't make sense glorifying the knowledge of how Dota mechanics works while completelly disregarding the work it takes to reach a high level of understanding in Pokemon mechanics. It's just something you do because you know one game and not the other.

Most questions people have regarding Dota mechanics could be answered by a quick google search in both sites I mentioned, that doesn't mean that being able to answer them is suddenly not valuable.

While there is something to knowing a lot of stuff, there is arguably less variation in pokemon because any pokemon is limited to 4 attacks and 1 poke ability or whatever it is called.

I dare say Dota is deeper because people actually had to do some research to find some things out(PRD was not public information until people found it through millions of tests).
Pokemon on the other hand is round based with known chances (divisible by 256 and the like) and therefore a limit to ongoing and interacting effects.


I really don't know where you're meant to be going with this line of responses in relation to my original post.

All I was saying was that Yango seems to have knowledge of the Pokémon games that suggests he had invested some amount of time into it, and I was impressed by this considering this is in addition to his apparently encyclopedic knowledge of DotA AND at least some knowledge of LoL, and the fact that he seems to post about all three with some regularity. Most people get involved in one or two of these things and no more.

You seem to be saying that there isn't much to know in Pokémon but you've kind of made it clear you're even less familiar with the games than I am (you barely even knew what an ability is called). Just go look at all the writing done on Smogon and see how wrong you are.


Pokemon probably has more stuff to "know" than either DotA or LoL but the game's quite a bit dumbed down compared to its heyday so that battles play out a lot more predictably


Is it that it's dumbed down or just they've actually presented the existing information to the player? (e.g. you can actually see the power of an attack now, EV training was made explicit to some extent) Anyway, I never intended to open up a debate about the relative depth of competitive Pokémon, I just don't know why my original throwaway comment spawned such a chain of replies.
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
November 01 2013 00:22 GMT
#84654
both
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
November 01 2013 00:50 GMT
#84655
I'm extremely surprised there really is no Halloween event this year, I figured Valve had a little more sense than that, what a silly thing to shoot yourself in the foot over, hope there is a big patch soon or some people are going to get pretty upset.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
November 01 2013 00:54 GMT
#84656
On November 01 2013 09:50 Esoterikk wrote:
I'm extremely surprised there really is no Halloween event this year, I figured Valve had a little more sense than that, what a silly thing to shoot yourself in the foot over, hope there is a big patch soon or some people are going to get pretty upset.

I really feel like... why not just bring back diretide for a week or something? appease the community with relatively little work. Hopefully holdout is good :T
:)
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
November 01 2013 01:08 GMT
#84657
If I hadn't heard the GD thread hyping diretide for so long I wouldn't have expected anything for Halloween to begin with. It's an obscure holiday to be adding content for imo.
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-01 01:09:48
November 01 2013 01:09 GMT
#84658
I can't believe there is nothing for diretide this year, and that they just left us expecting without any form of communication . I mean they had something for Cs go and TF2 but not dota2 ? That's really weird :s
Klonere
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Ireland4123 Posts
November 01 2013 01:09 GMT
#84659
valves communication policy with dota2 is hilariously awful

its actually just straight up fucking embarrassing
Kznn
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil9072 Posts
November 01 2013 01:15 GMT
#84660
I'm really really impressed by no event as well.
what the fuck is going on? :S
Prev 1 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1103
910 744
ggaemo 672
actioN 442
Mong 220
Shuttle 106
Yoon 104
Dewaltoss 101
Hm[arnc] 35
yabsab 30
[ Show more ]
soO 28
ZergMaN 23
Leta 20
Bale 20
Noble 15
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Fuzer 49
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor918
Other Games
summit1g8748
ceh9415
Happy333
PiGStarcraft222
Mew2King118
olofmeister114
ArmadaUGS55
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2398
League of Legends
• Rush1281
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 52m
OSC
14h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.