• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:47
CEST 09:47
KST 16:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8866 users

General Discussion - Page 4142

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
October 17 2013 17:10 GMT
#82821
On October 18 2013 02:10 Qbek wrote:
Not on playdota, I call hax


There are several changes that seem to be impossible to implement in wc3, so looks like there will no longer be any wc3 patches
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
October 17 2013 17:14 GMT
#82822
like im geniunly mad at those changes wtf
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Nocticate
Profile Joined May 2013
Vatican City State2902 Posts
October 17 2013 17:17 GMT
#82823
On October 18 2013 02:10 Yoshi- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:10 Qbek wrote:
Not on playdota, I call hax


There are several changes that seem to be impossible to implement in wc3, so looks like there will no longer be any wc3 patches

that's what it seemed like to me as well. I think we've finally reached that point. The medusa into -CM thing was weird but now I guess we know why.
Chairman Mao tells us imperialist Dota is a paper tiger
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 17:27:20
October 17 2013 17:24 GMT
#82824
So is icefrog still around because those changes are Wtf. They essentially removed stacking and pulling which completely ruins the laning phase, denies mean way less, movement speed and buy back nerfs mean fights will be more final, there will be less skirmishes etc.

Not sure I like this patch at all, going to completely flip the game on its head, might as well be a different game. I guess they got sick of people wanting parity.

*edit* the more I think about it the more I say Wtf at this patch, so many things they have been fine tuning are just belong demolished.

Time to start up legal legends of it goes through
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 17:26:45
October 17 2013 17:26 GMT
#82825
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
October 17 2013 17:31 GMT
#82826
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
October 17 2013 17:35 GMT
#82827
Where are people seeing the patch notes?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
October 17 2013 17:37 GMT
#82828
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


I dunno. Some really interesting changes when it comes to general gameplay. Buyback nerf, Day/night changes, Roshan changes(I LIKE!). All the bottle/starting gold changes as well seem reasonable.

Did i miss something, but why are people saying you cannot pull/stack anymore?! The only big change i saw was:

* Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 17 2013 17:38 GMT
#82829
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


The hero changes are fine besides the zero cooldown skywrath ult, the game play changes at first glance look like they are going to legit ruin the game.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
October 17 2013 17:39 GMT
#82830
On October 18 2013 02:37 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


I dunno. Some really interesting changes when it comes to general gameplay. Buyback nerf, Day/night changes, Roshan changes(I LIKE!). All the bottle/starting gold changes as well seem reasonable.

Did i miss something, but why are people saying you cannot pull/stack anymore?! The only big change i saw was:

* Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp

yes because more randomness is good??????
and gold changes just turn into lol direction
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
October 17 2013 17:40 GMT
#82831
I am serious I think gaben killed icefrog to take over dota.
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
October 17 2013 17:40 GMT
#82832
dev.dota2.com down for anyone else?
EZ4ENCE
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 17:44:52
October 17 2013 17:43 GMT
#82833
On October 18 2013 02:39 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:37 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


I dunno. Some really interesting changes when it comes to general gameplay. Buyback nerf, Day/night changes, Roshan changes(I LIKE!). All the bottle/starting gold changes as well seem reasonable.

Did i miss something, but why are people saying you cannot pull/stack anymore?! The only big change i saw was:

* Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp

yes because more randomness is good??????
and gold changes just turn into lol direction


Whats so random about it and which one? The gold changes aren't even that bad? Increasing starting gold doesn't really matter, when the cost of some of the early game items (some regen, bottle etc) got increased.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
October 17 2013 17:46 GMT
#82834
On October 18 2013 02:43 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:39 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:37 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


I dunno. Some really interesting changes when it comes to general gameplay. Buyback nerf, Day/night changes, Roshan changes(I LIKE!). All the bottle/starting gold changes as well seem reasonable.

Did i miss something, but why are people saying you cannot pull/stack anymore?! The only big change i saw was:

* Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp

yes because more randomness is good??????
and gold changes just turn into lol direction


Whats so random about it and which one? The gold changes aren't even that bad? I mean 0.2g increase, you won't even notice that. Increasing starting gold doesn't really matter, when the cost of some of the early game items (some regen, bottle etc) got increased.

random roshan respawn obv.
also this is 25% gold increase, its like a player leaving which is highly noticable
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
October 17 2013 17:46 GMT
#82835
Where are you guys reading these patchnotes?
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 17 2013 17:47 GMT
#82836
On October 18 2013 02:46 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:43 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:39 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:37 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


I dunno. Some really interesting changes when it comes to general gameplay. Buyback nerf, Day/night changes, Roshan changes(I LIKE!). All the bottle/starting gold changes as well seem reasonable.

Did i miss something, but why are people saying you cannot pull/stack anymore?! The only big change i saw was:

* Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp

yes because more randomness is good??????
and gold changes just turn into lol direction


Whats so random about it and which one? The gold changes aren't even that bad? I mean 0.2g increase, you won't even notice that. Increasing starting gold doesn't really matter, when the cost of some of the early game items (some regen, bottle etc) got increased.

random roshan respawn obv.
also this is 25% gold increase, its like a player leaving which is highly noticable


They basically just took EM and made it the standard... Christ these are bad changes
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
October 17 2013 17:47 GMT
#82837
On October 18 2013 02:46 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:43 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:39 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:37 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


I dunno. Some really interesting changes when it comes to general gameplay. Buyback nerf, Day/night changes, Roshan changes(I LIKE!). All the bottle/starting gold changes as well seem reasonable.

Did i miss something, but why are people saying you cannot pull/stack anymore?! The only big change i saw was:

* Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp

yes because more randomness is good??????
and gold changes just turn into lol direction


Whats so random about it and which one? The gold changes aren't even that bad? I mean 0.2g increase, you won't even notice that. Increasing starting gold doesn't really matter, when the cost of some of the early game items (some regen, bottle etc) got increased.

random roshan respawn obv.
also this is 25% gold increase, its like a player leaving which is highly noticable


About the roshan, so its random? I really agree and like this comment in the other thread.

On October 18 2013 02:37 Gentso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:35 Garrl wrote:
WTF was icefrog thinking? Stuff like

* Roshan will respawn at a random time between 8 and 11 minutes after death

just feels like such a random change.


Well I've seen a lot of late game stagnate just waiting for a Rosh re spawn.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 17:48:47
October 17 2013 17:48 GMT
#82838
On October 18 2013 02:46 PassiveAce wrote:
Where are you guys reading these patchnotes?

why not its not like theyre fake

On October 18 2013 02:47 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:46 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:43 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:39 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:37 Grettin wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:31 teddyoojo wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:26 Grettin wrote:
I like this patch ALOT.. for the most part!

i actually like most of the hero/item stuff aswell, the general gameplay shit is just dumbfuckingshit


I dunno. Some really interesting changes when it comes to general gameplay. Buyback nerf, Day/night changes, Roshan changes(I LIKE!). All the bottle/starting gold changes as well seem reasonable.

Did i miss something, but why are people saying you cannot pull/stack anymore?! The only big change i saw was:

* Swapped the medium pullable Neutral Camp with the small camp

yes because more randomness is good??????
and gold changes just turn into lol direction


Whats so random about it and which one? The gold changes aren't even that bad? I mean 0.2g increase, you won't even notice that. Increasing starting gold doesn't really matter, when the cost of some of the early game items (some regen, bottle etc) got increased.

random roshan respawn obv.
also this is 25% gold increase, its like a player leaving which is highly noticable


About the roshan, so its random? I really agree and like this comment in the other thread.

Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:37 Gentso wrote:
On October 18 2013 02:35 Garrl wrote:
WTF was icefrog thinking? Stuff like

* Roshan will respawn at a random time between 8 and 11 minutes after death

just feels like such a random change.


Well I've seen a lot of late game stagnate just waiting for a Rosh re spawn.

and thats not changing a bit
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
October 17 2013 17:48 GMT
#82839
On October 18 2013 02:48 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2013 02:46 PassiveAce wrote:
Where are you guys reading these patchnotes?

why not its not like theyre fake

what?
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
October 17 2013 17:49 GMT
#82840
Lycan suddenly top ban pick again. This patch is ugly.... Cant wait for the dota1 patch though.... secret boss etc.
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Prev 1 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 434
Hyuk 275
910 97
Yoon 38
NotJumperer 34
Bale 28
ZergMaN 24
Dewaltoss 24
yabsab 15
Dota 2
XcaliburYe22
League of Legends
JimRising 512
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King172
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1600
Khaldor166
Other Games
ceh9523
singsing501
olofmeister442
WinterStarcraft399
Happy293
Sick218
Livibee177
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream296
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH58
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2350
League of Legends
• Stunt538
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
3h 13m
Stellar Fest
5h 13m
The PondCast
1d 2h
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.