• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:58
CEST 23:58
KST 06:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5859 users

General Discussion - Page 4090

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
October 09 2013 05:09 GMT
#81781
@sno_man

I haven't really explored OD offlane solo, so i'll try that too. We're kinda exploring Silencer mid as well, but there are some glaring problems with that too (easily ganked lol)

@RoyGBiv

We're not really looking to lane OD/Silencer together, just like the base-stats team joke, that's pretty much the concept that OD's ult is better as silencer steals int too. Weird I know/

I didn't really consider the split push aspect, so I'm glad someone brought up to ban that. haha.

So assuming OD plays mid, if we're on first pick, we probably should ban out Wisp/Bat, unless the opposing team bans out one of them, this is already starting to look like its hanging on a LOT of If's. Banning Razor makes it obvious that you're picking OD. Perhaps this is better if you have second pick? Pick OD + 1 (perhaps Clock or DS for more teamfight control) which forces the opponent to either second pick razor/OD counter. I could probably then give 1 ban to an OD counter that I think is suitable based on the draft and just suck it up if they pick otherwise.



IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
October 09 2013 05:45 GMT
#81782
Anybody have any idea when the Halloween event is going to come out? I hope it's Diretide again, that mode was hella fun. Also I hope Valve doesn't patch Furion + Axe because that shit was fucking hilarious.
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
October 09 2013 05:47 GMT
#81783
I got really bored of Diretide quickly so I hope not.
Moderator
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 09 2013 05:58 GMT
#81784
you got bored of free skins
are you a communist
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
October 09 2013 06:06 GMT
#81785
Greeviling was way better than Diretide but I still had some fun. I guess I will play a couple of games to chill after that retarded MM ^^
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 09 2013 06:14 GMT
#81786
What items to get with Doom for jungling when starting out? I seem to go back to the fountain too often, slows him down so much...
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
October 09 2013 06:15 GMT
#81787
QB and SS
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
October 09 2013 06:17 GMT
#81788
On October 09 2013 15:15 Shaella wrote:
QB and SS


That's what I did... Clarities or Salve for the remaining gold?

I guess it's all about lucky creeps. Looking for the big regen aura Satyr or the raise dead Troll right?
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 09 2013 06:25 GMT
#81789
On October 09 2013 14:47 Firebolt145 wrote:
I got really bored of Diretide quickly so I hope not.

I liked Diretide, but yeah I got tired of it and just did normal MM after two days.

Although I really like during halloween and christmas when we get the new map designs. Halloween theme last year was really cool in game
Administrator
ViZe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1513 Posts
October 09 2013 06:36 GMT
#81790
On October 09 2013 15:17 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 15:15 Shaella wrote:
QB and SS


That's what I did... Clarities or Salve for the remaining gold?

I guess it's all about lucky creeps. Looking for the big regen aura Satyr or the raise dead Troll right?


Big wildkin is good for the extra armor and you can stack a camp a few times and farm with tornado
KezseN
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Singapore1450 Posts
October 09 2013 06:44 GMT
#81791
On October 09 2013 15:25 TheEmulator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 14:47 Firebolt145 wrote:
I got really bored of Diretide quickly so I hope not.

I liked Diretide, but yeah I got tired of it and just did normal MM after two days.

Although I really like during halloween and christmas when we get the new map designs. Halloween theme last year was really cool in game


"Hold out" sounds like some Tower defense or L4d last stand mode no?

Maybe a bunch of halloween themed creeps acting like zombies or sth and you gota pick a hero to defend.

Hmmm sounds like Enfos the more i think about it
To Skeleton King: "Have you considered employment at Apple?"
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
October 09 2013 06:47 GMT
#81792
On October 09 2013 15:17 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 15:15 Shaella wrote:
QB and SS


That's what I did... Clarities or Salve for the remaining gold?

I guess it's all about lucky creeps. Looking for the big regen aura Satyr or the raise dead Troll right?


the troll healer is also pretty good, mana regen + the nonexistent cast animation lets you heal between every attack
ffxiv enjoyer
Mataza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Germany5364 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-09 06:53:31
October 09 2013 06:52 GMT
#81793
Finally caught up again, just had to read ~300 posts in one go. Why this thread so fast moving?

Anyway, last patch prepared some halloween events, if you bothered to check cyborgmatts blog.
It will most likely revolve around towers and/or npcs, I am quite happy with that. If they rain items like in Diretide I will so mass games again.

How was greeviling fun? The mode was inherently imbalanced. You needed a good greevil(at least full colored). Getting workable spell combos with multicolored greevils required luck on an *out of game resource*.
Doesn't help that you also depended on luck for the ingame items and the camp spawn locations.
Felt more like playing the lottery than a game in which I had impact on my winning chances.
And for a lottery the item drops sucked ass.
You couldn't even act out if you were losing, like sell your shit and buy naked dagon.

I fear that makes me sounds like a twitchy fps skill elitist, when in reality I think Dota requires experience and judgement over twitchy reflexes. I am that kind of elitist.

edit:
sniped by kezsen
Need to rant faster next time.
If nobody hates you, you´re doing something wrong. However someone hating you doesn´t make you right
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
October 09 2013 07:03 GMT
#81794
Diretide at the end wasn't half bad after they nerfed all the twinks and stuff. If they put more thought into the "fun" mode before they release it this time it shouldn't be that bad.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 09 2013 07:05 GMT
#81795
The thing I remember about diretide is when the TLDB guys and Kupon3ss literally did nothing for like 2-3 days but try to beat the fastest rosh record. They theory crafted for hours, rofl
Administrator
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
October 09 2013 07:14 GMT
#81796
On October 09 2013 15:47 Stancel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 15:17 trinxified wrote:
On October 09 2013 15:15 Shaella wrote:
QB and SS


That's what I did... Clarities or Salve for the remaining gold?

I guess it's all about lucky creeps. Looking for the big regen aura Satyr or the raise dead Troll right?


the troll healer is also pretty good, mana regen + the nonexistent cast animation lets you heal between every attack

Last I remember the heal does have a cast animation which roots you in place each time, making it rather unwieldy.
Moderator
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
October 09 2013 07:26 GMT
#81797
On October 09 2013 16:05 TheEmulator wrote:
The thing I remember about diretide is when the TLDB guys and Kupon3ss literally did nothing for like 2-3 days but try to beat the fastest rosh record. They theory crafted for hours, rofl


do you remember when we had it all down then rabidch forgot to deathpact the 50k hp creep
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
739
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bearded Elder29905 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-09 07:28:03
October 09 2013 07:27 GMT
#81798
Dagon5 + eblade one by one was a fast way to rape that Roshan thingy.

Also : http://www.joindota.com/en/news/12707-rattlesnake-int-renamed-speed-gaming

RattleSnake.int > Speed Gaming

WTH, such a bad name, haha.

Edit : But the logo is awesome.
WriterSalty oldboy that loves memes | One and only back-to-back Liquibet Winner
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-09 07:33:22
October 09 2013 07:32 GMT
#81799
On October 09 2013 16:26 FinestHour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2013 16:05 TheEmulator wrote:
The thing I remember about diretide is when the TLDB guys and Kupon3ss literally did nothing for like 2-3 days but try to beat the fastest rosh record. They theory crafted for hours, rofl


do you remember when we had it all down then rabidch forgot to deathpact the 50k hp creep

Yes. Didn't he single handedly screw it up like 3-4 tries in a row? In different ways too.
Administrator
Shaella
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States14828 Posts
October 09 2013 07:34 GMT
#81800
Speed gaming? Wow. That is terrible.
don't tell me to provide a legend for those charts cause we already got shaella in this thread - eieio | Bulba is my waifu
Prev 1 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 97
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 162
firebathero 82
910 38
NaDa 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm77
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0181
PPMD49
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9548
Liquid`Hasu1773
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g6280
Liquid`RaSZi5785
shahzam525
JimRising 226
B2W.Neo196
Pyrionflax169
KnowMe123
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream348
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 37
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1022
Other Games
• imaqtpie1095
• Shiphtur242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 2m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.