• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:04
CEST 18:04
KST 01:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9481 users

General Discussion - Page 383

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 381 382 383 384 385 6534 Next
IRC chatter should remain in IRC - http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=tl.dota2

Posts that relate to topics with their own thread, such as in News, Tournaments or Strategy should go in those threads.
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
April 12 2012 21:57 GMT
#7641
Why does the timer start at 88:88 when the game is in picking hero mode? Secret Nazi code? (H is the 8th letter in the alphabet and HH is an abbreviation for a Nazi greeting) I think they need to change it asap.
I'm Quotable (IQ)
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
April 12 2012 22:03 GMT
#7642
So, over at the Tobiwans stream something ocurred which I found weird(and so did everyong else)

Beastmaster had an urn and killed off the shadowdemon, he used an urn charge to do so, it was ticking SD down
Just before SD died, he used disruption on Beastmaster, so that when SD died Beastmaster was ''banished''.
He got no urn charges or EXP from the kill, is this intended?
WriterXiao8~~
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 22:08:53
April 12 2012 22:07 GMT
#7643
In war3 it was intended because it took the unit off the map [ or at least the map area ]. So essentially yes, because of the limitations of the engine. Don't know if Icefrog wanted it to be that way.

Similarly, I predicted a long ass time ago that OD would see high level play because you could lock people out of xp range/xp in a solo mid situation. But this never happened.....people didn't pick OD in competitive games till years later cuz he is easily ganked and there are better mids. I just wanted him to be used I guess cuz I liked how you could prison a ganker if the other solo mid didn't have a stun/trap.
Yoshi-
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany10227 Posts
April 12 2012 22:11 GMT
#7644
In dota1 you gain xp from creep kill while you are under AI.
You dont get xp from denies however.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 12 2012 22:30 GMT
#7645
On April 13 2012 07:07 Ack1027 wrote:
In war3 it was intended because it took the unit off the map [ or at least the map area ]. So essentially yes, because of the limitations of the engine. Don't know if Icefrog wanted it to be that way.

Similarly, I predicted a long ass time ago that OD would see high level play because you could lock people out of xp range/xp in a solo mid situation. But this never happened.....people didn't pick OD in competitive games till years later cuz he is easily ganked and there are better mids. I just wanted him to be used I guess cuz I liked how you could prison a ganker if the other solo mid didn't have a stun/trap.

i never thought tc would make it back to compet play in his current state. boy i was wrong.
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
April 12 2012 22:36 GMT
#7646
People just can't read skills for heroes like TC and understand that after he stuns multiple people you LEAVE THEM ALONE till TC walks up there.

Such a beastly hero.
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 12 2012 22:41 GMT
#7647
On April 13 2012 07:36 Ack1027 wrote:
People just can't read skills for heroes like TC and understand that after he stuns multiple people you LEAVE THEM ALONE till TC walks up there.

Such a beastly hero.

no its mostly his giant ultimate which splits the earth and swallows everybody near it
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
April 12 2012 22:44 GMT
#7648
I know what you mean.
I'm just referring to heroes like TC not being used in comp till practice in private games or pubbing and figuring out how to play him.

I mean it was hard to develop TC for a comp game when in pubs 99% of your teammates will NOT WAIT for your ulti to hit after you stun multiple targets. Their first instinct is to attack or blow all their nukes on one person.

Multiple stun + ulti slow is what allows TC to demolish. And when his ulti is down [ no slow ], its his teammates NOT ATTACKING that allows him to run up and rape with his + damage.
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
April 12 2012 22:45 GMT
#7649
TC?



This is TC for you
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
April 13 2012 00:01 GMT
#7650
Witch Doctor must fun hero ever. Paralyzing Cask two close Heroes and watch them play skull voleyball. ^^
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
April 13 2012 00:04 GMT
#7651
On April 13 2012 07:44 Ack1027 wrote:
I know what you mean.
I'm just referring to heroes like TC not being used in comp till practice in private games or pubbing and figuring out how to play him.

I mean it was hard to develop TC for a comp game when in pubs 99% of your teammates will NOT WAIT for your ulti to hit after you stun multiple targets. Their first instinct is to attack or blow all their nukes on one person.

Multiple stun + ulti slow is what allows TC to demolish. And when his ulti is down [ no slow ], its his teammates NOT ATTACKING that allows him to run up and rape with his + damage.


That and the best aura in the game
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 13 2012 00:09 GMT
#7652
On April 13 2012 07:30 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 07:07 Ack1027 wrote:
In war3 it was intended because it took the unit off the map [ or at least the map area ]. So essentially yes, because of the limitations of the engine. Don't know if Icefrog wanted it to be that way.

Similarly, I predicted a long ass time ago that OD would see high level play because you could lock people out of xp range/xp in a solo mid situation. But this never happened.....people didn't pick OD in competitive games till years later cuz he is easily ganked and there are better mids. I just wanted him to be used I guess cuz I liked how you could prison a ganker if the other solo mid didn't have a stun/trap.

i never thought tc would make it back to compet play in his current state. boy i was wrong.

oh what... these buffs just ninja'd me

6.72 - Ancestral Spirit cast range increased from 1000 to 1200
6.72 - Ancestral Spirit cooldown decreased from 19 to 16
6.72 - Ancestral Spirit now has a secondary ability that returns the spirit
6.71 - Movement speed increased by 5
6.68 - Natural Order aoe from 250 to 275
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 00:56:19
April 13 2012 00:51 GMT
#7653
So I've been playing around with viper a bunch in matchmaking lately (mid & high level according to replays). And I have a build that I've been using that I want some input on. I am fairly successful with it so far (5 bars & 22/12 w/l) and am just looking for improvements I could make. I usually take solo mid (but have had good results with solo and supported sidelines as well).

Ok for the build. I open with tangoes, slippers, and gg branches, and start with 1 point in nethertoxin for early lane control (the excess dmg allows you to get a lot more last hits/denys because you do more dmg then lane opponent). At lvl 2 I grab corrosive skin then 3 levels in his orb after that. I max orb at lvl 7 then max corrosive skin before maxing nethertoxin. In lane I usually grab a couple of wraith bands, wand, and boots by lvl 6/7 at this point I usually try to set up a gank on one or both sidelanes (if the oppurtunity is there) before returning mid to farm a bit more. I buy a vitality booster before finishing treads, and then I get a yasha & finish vanguard (order of these depends on opponent/teammate). After I have yasha & vanguard, I roam/gank and build a sanje for the tankiness and added movespeed of SnY. Lategame I grab a talisman of evasion to build halberd then a finish manta if it goes that far. Ideally my team will be roshing and giving me aegis. I find that building viper tanky like this allows me to be substantially more useful in teamfights then big agi/dmg items. Its nice to be able to be hooked and ulted by a fully fed & farmed pudge and still be able to destroy him with 50%+ hp remaining.
Any questions/input would be appreciated.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 00:57:37
April 13 2012 00:57 GMT
#7654
I don't really like ranged vanguard after the nerfs.

If I'm doing well in lane and don't need the HP regen, I'll grab Janggo on Viper. If I need the regen, I'll turn RoH into Hood rather than Vanguard. The Vit Booster can be saved for Heart.
Moderator
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 13 2012 01:04 GMT
#7655
Vit Booster + Hood 4 lyfe
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 01:07:21
April 13 2012 01:07 GMT
#7656
Don't bother getting vanguard just stick with the vit booster. My personal rule of thumb is vit booster on ranged vanguard on melee.

Vit booster + Jango > vanguard
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
April 13 2012 01:16 GMT
#7657
On April 13 2012 09:57 TheYango wrote:
I don't really like ranged vanguard after the nerfs.

If I'm doing well in lane and don't need the HP regen, I'll grab Janggo on Viper. If I need the regen, I'll turn RoH into Hood rather than Vanguard. The Vit Booster can be saved for Heart.

Well thats kind of the area i'm iffy about, I realize that the vit booster is really nice to have and usually build it into a vanguard because it gives more early tankiness when my inv is already full, and i dont feel heart is worth it for the $ on viper at least. Would it be viable to just get an ogre club instead of a vit booster, and use it to get an earlier SnY or perhaps an ult stick instead, and just skip the vanguard altogether? I've thought about it but im not sure if giving up that little bit of extra midgame tankiness would allow me to pull of the crazy ganks that i have been doing.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 13 2012 01:31 GMT
#7658
On April 13 2012 10:16 gosuMalicE wrote:
Well thats kind of the area i'm iffy about, I realize that the vit booster is really nice to have and usually build it into a vanguard because it gives more early tankiness when my inv is already full, and i dont feel heart is worth it for the $ on viper at least. Would it be viable to just get an ogre club instead of a vit booster, and use it to get an earlier SnY or perhaps an ult stick instead, and just skip the vanguard altogether? I've thought about it but im not sure if giving up that little bit of extra midgame tankiness would allow me to pull of the crazy ganks that i have been doing.

Heart is fantastic on Viper, especially if you're maxing skin second.
Moderator
Kupon3ss
Profile Joined May 2008
時の回廊10066 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 01:33:02
April 13 2012 01:32 GMT
#7659
just grab 2 relics and ur good
When in doubt, just believe in yourself and press buttons
gosuMalicE
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 02:02:10
April 13 2012 01:58 GMT
#7660
On April 13 2012 10:31 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 10:16 gosuMalicE wrote:
Well thats kind of the area i'm iffy about, I realize that the vit booster is really nice to have and usually build it into a vanguard because it gives more early tankiness when my inv is already full, and i dont feel heart is worth it for the $ on viper at least. Would it be viable to just get an ogre club instead of a vit booster, and use it to get an earlier SnY or perhaps an ult stick instead, and just skip the vanguard altogether? I've thought about it but im not sure if giving up that little bit of extra midgame tankiness would allow me to pull of the crazy ganks that i have been doing.

Heart is fantastic on Viper, especially if you're maxing skin second.

Well compare Heart to Halberd + vit booster. Halberd + vit costs 500 gold less and trades -20str for +25 damage, +25%evasion and an amazing active capable of removing a carry from a fight. I have a hard time beleiveing heart is the better choice there. Not to mention that the time you are farming for a reaver makes you a little vulnerable midgame, Wich is where viper seems to shine the most.
I play Protoss, because lets face it, who doesn't love hyper-advanced Egyptian ninja-aliens that kill people with lightsabres attached to both arms?
Prev 1 381 382 383 384 385 6534 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
TaKeTV 51
RotterdaM0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 313
ProTech145
UpATreeSC 68
TKL 52
Codebar 30
Rex 22
BRAT_OK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1365
Shuttle 1192
EffOrt 567
BeSt 434
ggaemo 348
Mini 326
Stork 282
firebathero 200
Light 182
Rush 124
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 103
Barracks 93
910 67
Sea.KH 62
Zeus 58
Killer 54
sorry 53
Shine 44
Mong 44
Shinee 44
Hyun 43
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Aegong 21
Bale 20
Sexy 16
Trap 11
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4311
Dendi2061
BananaSlamJamma410
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 701
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi1839
hiko1237
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX229
Sick185
ArmadaUGS155
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream546
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 12
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile127
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2274
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade861
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.