• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:20
CEST 03:20
KST 10:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9399 users

The Hardcore Self-Found Challenge - Page 2

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
November 16 2012 18:31 GMT
#21
If anyone wants to play with me, I got a 53 barb and a 31 DH on US. Gonna probably try to get my barb to inferno over this weekend.
arshock
Profile Joined December 2011
Lithuania33 Posts
November 18 2012 14:32 GMT
#22
I would also like to participate in hardcore self found challange, i am from europe, but i will come to Americas server, since there are more hc players and people like pokebunny =]
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
November 19 2012 19:44 GMT
#23
I was able to get to inferno this weekend on my barb. Act 1 inferno should be a breeze and I'll probably farm there for a bit to gear up for the rest of the acts. It was pretty slow in act 3 hell because I only had a 200 dps weapon. I hit 60 and I farmed keeps 1-3 until I got a 350 dps axe (was afraid I didn't have enough damage to kill Ghom). Later parts of act 3 (crater and beyond) and act 4 hell seem to have much higher drop rate of higher ilvl items. You really only need to get lucky once and get a 500+ dps weapon to be able to breeze through hell.
jESUIT
Profile Joined October 2012
United States151 Posts
November 30 2012 15:27 GMT
#24
I believe I will soon be putting up my char's for sale on SC and moving to the HC self found challenge w/ you good peoples, since of course I love arc and poke :D
200k dps CM/WW Wiz https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ZyceR-1205/hero/23962323 // GM Protoss
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
November 30 2012 17:08 GMT
#25
Did this on day one before all the nerfs, ended up getting 1 shotted off screen towards the end of act 2 inferno
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
InFiNitY[pG]
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Germany3474 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-30 18:38:28
November 30 2012 18:38 GMT
#26
I'd love to try this, but how do I get on US servers from EU? Proxy?
"I just pressed stimpack, and somehow I won the battle" -Flash
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
November 30 2012 19:09 GMT
#27
can't you just change regions in options? o.O
Gortakom
Profile Joined August 2011
United States17 Posts
November 30 2012 20:11 GMT
#28
lvl 38 WD currently in A2 nightmare. Doing pretty well so far but constantly nervous.
Lunchador
Profile Joined April 2010
United States776 Posts
November 30 2012 21:06 GMT
#29
I've always played without ANY usage from the AH for hardcore. My best was a LV60 +1 barbarian lost to recklessness. Once you hit level 60 and start getting that nephalem bonuses, it's a little crazy that your DPS jumps 4-fold because suddenly you start finding 700-1k DPS weapons over your 300-400 DPS ones.

My DH is LV57, beat MP5 normal difficulty, MP4 nightmare, and trudging through MP2 hell.
Defender of truth, justice, and noontime meals!
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
December 15 2012 20:34 GMT
#30
Cleared Hell today on my DH, as I got impatient to wait for upgrades. Kind of hilarious to clear it with 3k dps, but I was nowhere near dying due to my defensive stats... whatever works I guess!
HC Demon Hunter
Ikidomari
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia485 Posts
December 19 2012 04:17 GMT
#31
this seems so awesome, i wish i didn't find it so late after it started D:
Just break the rules, and you see the truth.
omisa
Profile Joined January 2011
United States494 Posts
December 19 2012 05:21 GMT
#32
Havent played HC since my friend died in hell months ago on his 53 wiz, but i jumped back on a lvl 9 barb and since got him safely through normal.

I must say, so far playing HC again has been quite invigorating. It has really made playing diablo fun again =o
\m/
Jiiks
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland487 Posts
December 21 2012 13:40 GMT
#33
Started playing this with a friend after i hit 100 paragon, so far lvl57 and my friend died twice with a lvl54 barb ^_^
Leveling back up to 50+ is so boring tho =/
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
December 22 2012 11:06 GMT
#34
Friend of mine started doing this a week ago, he is at his 4th try now (2 monks, 1 wiz, now wiz again).
His Monk was plvl5 in act3 Inferno. He and his friend got killed by nasty firechain molten phasebeasts
other died while lvling up, wiz died at hell act3 (lv60) helping his friend reach 60. :D
Maybe gonna start one too
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
BravoScripT.DK
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark230 Posts
January 04 2013 19:40 GMT
#35
Hello my name is Bravoscript#1956 Europe.
I am an experienced player in Diablo 3 Hardcore.
I now want to play diablo 3 in the correct method, that is hardcore self found items only.
I have had 3 previcesly level 60 hardcore characters, but with the use of AH.

What i am asking for is people, who wanna play the self found item method on the Europe server.
We will make farm parties, taking down thoose bosses, and slowly progress against diablo and a higher MP.
I am currently a lvl 58 Wizard (female .

If you are unfamilar with the self found method, you can check this thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=378911

People who are interested are very welcome to add me as friend in battlenet.
Bravoscript#1956 Europe.
Zerg all the wayz
fzeroonline
Profile Joined December 2012
89 Posts
January 04 2013 23:35 GMT
#36
Do any of you feel like higher MP levels make a big difference with regards to loot drops pre-inferno? It feels like I'm just wasting my time playing normal in MP10 since the monsters take longer to kill and it's obviously a lot more risky. Most of the items I'm currently using I've either got from the vendor or crafted, the vast majority of my drops I just sold or salvaged.

BravoScripT.DK
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark230 Posts
January 05 2013 14:17 GMT
#37
You should just go with MP0 or MP1, later on when you are 5-10 lvls infront, the mobs doesnt give you any experience, since you are to high lvl. Just play it safe with MP0 and you will slowly become lvl 60 when you reach hell act 4-+
Zerg all the wayz
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 163
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 50
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9131
JimRising 562
ViBE235
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Light_VIP 9
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1122
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 41m
Patches Events
13h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 41m
OSC
21h 41m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.