• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:25
CEST 11:25
KST 18:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9920 users

[Interviews] GSL S3 Semi-Final Winners - Page 5

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
173 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Bluedraqy
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark496 Posts
December 10 2010 14:35 GMT
#81
On December 10 2010 23:26 SmoKim wrote:
Show nested quote +
TSL_Rain, 'I will satisfy everyone in the finals.'


indeed you will

+ Show Spoiler +
by getting steamrolled on stage

I had to laugh at that one, GJ.
The finals are gonna be interesting :D
GrazerRinge
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
999 Posts
December 10 2010 14:41 GMT
#82
sry rain...but you are doomed...En taro mccccccc!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
when will t win gsl -.-
"Successful people don't talk much. They listen and take action."
jarod
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania766 Posts
December 10 2010 14:52 GMT
#83
Ok, so first of all this is only my opinion. MC is really confident and has a very solid play, he will probably win the GSL Season 3. Btw he deserve it. He disfigured Jinro, this was expected. About Nestea, i guess he is overrated, Rain won against him because he made a lot of mistakes, and common (I play toss) but when you talk about a good zerg you talk about FD not Nestea. Also on GSL 2 finals Foxer lost the final because he wanted to make show.. to demonstrate the he is TheMarineKing (what he is - I`d say he is one of the most talented programmer from GSL, when he want to play macro games also to win the other side of the watchers he will do good), anyhow he had 3-1 he could win with a safe game from the last 3.
I hope we will see a good final, rush matches are not necessarily bad games (Jinro - MC game 4), you have a lot of excitement in those games also.

I hope a 4-3 MC win in the finals.
Maru | Life | herO
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
December 10 2010 16:35 GMT
#84
Is anyone going to do the MC interview? A CN TL version is up. I might do it just to tide people over until the KR version gets translated.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-10 17:48:31
December 10 2010 16:48 GMT
#85
Quick TL for CN
+ Show Spoiler +

Q: After switching over from SCBW, were you anxious to produce results?
A: I started playing Starcraft 2 back when I was still with MBCGame. After I left, my ex-teammates talked about it with me as well. At first, I believe that I was still not strong enough and didn't have much hope in the tournament. But during season two, my expectations rose much higher. Even so, I believe my achievements in season three are already quite good.

Q: Was it hard to practice for the match?
A: Team TL has its own practice room. The living room was used by us oGs team members. Usually when we practice we won't care too much if the other is watching. Our relationship is very good, and we often play jokes or make digs at each other.

Q: Did you think you would achieve a commanding 4-0 victory?
A: My record against Terrans is very good, and I have played thousands of games against Jinro. I believe I know his playing style and that's why I believe I could achieve the victory today. It wasn't too surprising for me.

Q: Do you feel guilty about winning?
A: As I have said before in the Ro32 interview, I will not feel guilty. I feel I was the better player and that is the best way to respect my opponent. It's the same this time. I will become the champion, for Jinro's case, as well.

Q: Jinro had some defenses but still didn't stand up to your attack.
A: The experience of being a Starcraft 1 professional has helped me a lot. Starcraft 2 is all about looking at your opponent's opening and guessing his follow up strategy. This aspect of the game is even more important than in Starcraft. So as a SC1 pro, it makes me stronger than many people. I feel that there are currently no Terrans that can match up with my play. Although if Flash were to switch over, I might change my mind (laughs).

Q: Was Jinro's all-in attack in game 4 very powerful? [TL: dangerous?]
A: I wasn't too surprised. I just wasn't able to produce my DTs fast enough. On the whole, my strategy was the perfect counter to my opponent's play. Destroying the CC was the key to securing my victory.

Q: After the GG in the 4th game, what were you thinking?
A: I was only thinking that I am finally in the finals. I didn't think much else. Since my opponent was a friend and victory wasn't very climactic, it was sort of awkward.

Q: The previous champions were all SC1 pros.
A: I would also like to become on of them. My opponent is a Terran, so I believe my victory is already well within my grasp[the eminently plausible outcome]. I definitely will not lose to any all-out all-ins. He might be able to win one in a thousand. If he can win a second game, it'd already be a success.

Q: What are your thoughts after watching yesterday's game.
[TL: sentences felt out of order in the original.]
A: I am not belittling my opponent. I'd like to make that clear. I only feel that HongUn played really poorly in that match. We all thought that HongUn was a lock to advance. There are lots of good Terrans on my team, and even though TSL has sSKS, I don't think he will be able to play better than me. I am only saying this just now. I am the first Protoss to advance into the finals, and I can proudly declare that I am the best Protoss.

GSL-MC:I've played thousands of games against Jinro and I am the best Protoss.

----------------------------------
Something extra: MC defeats Jinro 4-0 [TL: not sure of context - feels different than first part]
Q:Are your parents cheering for your victory?
A:For my mother, I must win the championship. For myself, for my teammates, and for my friends, I must win the championship.

Q:Are you going to send presents to all those fans that came with cheerfuls for you?
A:I was too concentrated on the match. I forgot them. I had to call Inca to bring them in from our practice hall. After the interview, I'll give them out.

Q:Any last words.
A:Mom naturally be ecstatic. I want to say, "Mom, I love you." I want to thank all the teammates that helped me practice. I still have one more match. I will show everyone the utmost strength, the utmost confidence, and the ultimate ceremony.


Many typos. I apologize in advance. KR translators, please correct if necessary.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 10 2010 17:23 GMT
#86
Did you just reserve a spot? ~.~ Can't wait for the interview.
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
SeakayKu
Profile Joined October 2010
United States128 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-10 17:31:27
December 10 2010 17:27 GMT
#87
MC should comment he'd take out Rain 4-0 in the finals
Not only that is his personality, it's a good gesture to his friend Jinro

The problem with MC so dominating versus T is the sentries and VR
I think GAS STEAL is a must against a protoss like MC
Force P to get gas late, trim down the size of sentry/VR early on

Maybe send 2 SCV, 1 building the Refinery, 1 microing and repair it
the gas MUST be delayed to maximize the efficiency of bunkers, if T is going to expo

otherwise, might as well skip oribital command and put down 3 rax asap on 1 gas, or skip techlab/reactor and pump rines on 2 rax, expo, put down 3rd/4th rax
marine heavy army to stall until expo is up
Stim upgrade first is good idea, MC hasn't give T opponent a chance to kite, since at any given point MC's army can take on T's army fairly well

I was just curious when Jinro scouts with reaper why didn't he attack the lone sentry?
sentries fall so fast to reaper, i think sniping the sentries out is also a good idea, together with bunker/turret defense

it forces 2 gas toss to get stalkers (a mineral heavy unit in the first 6 minutes), so toss would have to delay building his additional gate/pylon/expo buildings, slighting pushing his timings back for a good 10~15 seconds
It's an Art and I hope I can see beautifully fought matches.
drlame
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden574 Posts
December 10 2010 17:52 GMT
#88
On December 11 2010 02:27 SeakayKu wrote:
MC should comment he'd take out Rain 4-0 in the finals
Not only that is his personality, it's a good gesture to his friend Jinro

The problem with MC so dominating versus T is the sentries and VR
I think GAS STEAL is a must against a protoss like MC
Force P to get gas late, trim down the size of sentry/VR early on

Maybe send 2 SCV, 1 building the Refinery, 1 microing and repair it
the gas MUST be delayed to maximize the efficiency of bunkers, if T is going to expo

otherwise, might as well skip oribital command and put down 3 rax asap on 1 gas, or skip techlab/reactor and pump rines on 2 rax, expo, put down 3rd/4th rax
marine heavy army to stall until expo is up
Stim upgrade first is good idea, MC hasn't give T opponent a chance to kite, since at any given point MC's army can take on T's army fairly well

I was just curious when Jinro scouts with reaper why didn't he attack the lone sentry?
sentries fall so fast to reaper, i think sniping the sentries out is also a good idea, together with bunker/turret defense

it forces 2 gas toss to get stalkers (a mineral heavy unit in the first 6 minutes), so toss would have to delay building his additional gate/pylon/expo buildings, slighting pushing his timings back for a good 10~15 seconds


It's shithard to gas-steal as terran. It's not like you can warp in an assimilator and run away with your probe, or turn your drone into an extractor. As terran the SCV is always exposed to damage.

Don't ever skip orbital, if you do and he goes DT you're dead. If you do and he puts on pressure and you have to pull SCVs, you're dead. Early pressure against MC is not very smart since his sentry play is outstanding.

Also for everything you mentioned to work, the protoss must play by the terran rules, which he never does. This is theorycrafting at its worst.
Samurai-
Profile Joined May 2008
Slovenia2035 Posts
December 10 2010 17:56 GMT
#89
who was MC in MBC? His nickname ?
One ring, to rule them all!
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 10 2010 17:57 GMT
#90
He might be able to win one in a thousand. If he can win a second game, it'd already be a success.


lol Suicide Toss Fighting!
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 10 2010 17:58 GMT
#91
On December 11 2010 02:56 Samurai- wrote:
who was MC in MBC? His nickname ?


Iron. In the Hyungjoon becomes a progamer show everyone called him Flounder. :D
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
December 10 2010 18:16 GMT
#92
On December 11 2010 02:58 [ur]Chin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2010 02:56 Samurai- wrote:
who was MC in MBC? His nickname ?


Iron. In the Hyungjoon becomes a progamer show everyone called him Flounder. :D



It's funny that in Hyungjoon's show, MC was behaving so timidly. I really had the wrong impression about his personality.

If Rain can take even one game off MC, straight up or cheese all in, I'd be impressed.
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 10 2010 18:32 GMT
#93
Does anyone remember Artosis saying while introducing Iron that he had gotten really far in a starleague before switching over to SC2 or something completely wrong like that? Am I just crazy or was Artosis wrong/confusing Iron with someone else?
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
December 10 2010 18:36 GMT
#94
On December 11 2010 02:23 [ur]Chin wrote:
Did you just reserve a spot? ~.~ Can't wait for the interview.

In the middle of typing I hit tab + space by accident. I then deleted the post.
Turned out to serve as the TL post.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
Fenrisulf
Profile Joined August 2010
United States325 Posts
December 10 2010 18:45 GMT
#95
On December 10 2010 20:54 Heimatloser wrote:
if any other person then maybe NesTea or Rain would have advanced to the finals, + Show Spoiler +
MC
would have an easy time winning the grand prize.

i think Rain, the + Show Spoiler +
protoss
slayer, is just the perfect counter to make a finals vs + Show Spoiler +
MC
interesting. + Show Spoiler +
(as he would cheese anybody else out way to easy, see jinro)


lol did you watch the right semifinals? MC never cheesed a single time, his early aggro was just so good that he was able to finish jinro off before getting to the late game. None of his openings were cheeses, just aggression and rush, rain on the other hand builds marines and sends all his scvs, one is a strategy that can be transitioned out of, one is a cheese.

As for people saying he was afraid of Jinro's late game....I don't think so, Jinro's late game is pretty good but MC has proven that he can play the macro game just as well as he can play the early game. And in the long games where Jinro beat choya, if it was MC in Choya's place, MC would not have lost. Choya made a ton of mistakes.

Plus everything about "he knew Jinro too well" yeah he knew Jinro well, but his playstyle wasn't much different from what he did against MK and Hyperdub, and anyways Jinro knows him just as well, yet I didn't see a 4-0 from his side, knowing a player well through being practice partners doesn't just give one player an advantage.
SeakayKu
Profile Joined October 2010
United States128 Posts
December 10 2010 19:03 GMT
#96
On December 11 2010 02:52 drlame wrote:
This is theorycrafting at its worst.

2nd rax before orbital is not a theory, it works against VRs and opens marine play early on to force sentries to use energy, DT toss won't even get the tech in time

gas steal "delays" the gas mining for a long as possible, now that's a theory, reason i said "might" and "maybe"
which after testing, it is not as bad as it seems, it forces toss to get zealot out, because stalker is too slow
without finishing the refinery, T can cancel, scout scv normally is wasted anyways

i mean, obviously nothing else for T worked against MC right?
unless you are saying P is overpowered against T?
It's an Art and I hope I can see beautifully fought matches.
iSmoke
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada34 Posts
December 10 2010 19:05 GMT
#97
That sucks for jinro

He seemed to fall apart right after the 1st game
Be the change you want to see in the world
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
December 10 2010 19:22 GMT
#98
Q: Do you feel guilty about winning?
A: As I have said before in the Ro32 interview, I will not feel guilty. I feel I was the better player and that is the best way to respect my opponent. It's the same this time. I will become the champion, for Jinro's case, as well.


That is pretty fucking baller to say though, I'll give him that. Giving his most even thought it was somehow cheapstake to; It was still the best way to respect ones opponent giving oneselfs all.
I like asians that way, alot of honour.
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
December 10 2010 19:36 GMT
#99
Should be an easy victory for MC. I wonder if he answered these questions in this way as part of a psychological battle. If I was Rain and reading these interviews, I'd be scared shitless by now.
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
December 10 2010 19:51 GMT
#100
thanks for the TL tangeng
MC really is a baller.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2046
Bisu 411
Hyuk 370
Killer 106
Dewaltoss 92
Leta 82
Larva 81
EffOrt 68
Soma 62
Sexy 62
[ Show more ]
ZerO 54
ToSsGirL 47
soO 42
Sharp 41
Light 37
Aegong 29
Bale 23
Sacsri 19
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 10
JulyZerg 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
League of Legends
JimRising 409
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss854
byalli749
kRYSTAL_37
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor949
crisheroes459
Other Games
gofns27264
singsing1428
olofmeister988
ceh9641
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS52
ZerO(Twitch)11
B2W.Neo1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2382
League of Legends
• Stunt428
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 36m
OSC
12h 36m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.