• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:28
CEST 01:28
KST 08:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7211 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 1046

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
October 30 2014 09:12 GMT
#20901
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:12 GMT
#20902
Maybe we can do it!
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:13 GMT
#20903
Anyone have photoshop?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
October 30 2014 09:13 GMT
#20904
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.
Insert wise words here
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:14 GMT
#20905
On October 30 2014 18:13 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.

I'm going to agree with this. I prefered last years format so Blizzcon feels like blizzcon. This just doesn't feel right
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
October 30 2014 09:15 GMT
#20906
On October 30 2014 18:12 H8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.

I'm sorry, guys... I can post at work, it takes half a minute... but I can't spend much time for making posters
Insert wise words here
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
October 30 2014 09:16 GMT
#20907
On October 30 2014 18:14 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:13 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.

I'm going to agree with this. I prefered last years format so Blizzcon feels like blizzcon. This just doesn't feel right

And it will kill passion for half viewers. Imagine, if you favourite player will be kicked in Ro16. Next week it will be just a "separate event" with random players
Insert wise words here
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:16 GMT
#20908
On October 30 2014 18:15 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:12 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.

I'm sorry, guys... I can post at work, it takes half a minute... but I can't spend much time for making posters

As I said, I'm at a lecture.
Not at home. Btw, there aren't that many great pictures of other players. This is the template of last years season 2 finals
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:17 GMT
#20909
On October 30 2014 18:16 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:14 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:13 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.

I'm going to agree with this. I prefered last years format so Blizzcon feels like blizzcon. This just doesn't feel right

And it will kill passion for half viewers. Imagine, if you favourite player will be kicked in Ro16. Next week it will be just a "separate event" with random players

Well, that won't happen for me, since my favourite players are JD an Bomber
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
October 30 2014 09:18 GMT
#20910
On October 30 2014 18:16 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:15 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:12 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.

I'm sorry, guys... I can post at work, it takes half a minute... but I can't spend much time for making posters

As I said, I'm at a lecture.
Not at home. Btw, there aren't that many great pictures of other players. This is the template of last years season 2 finals

There actually aren't any others in that 7 matches.
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:18 GMT
#20911
On October 30 2014 18:18 H8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:16 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:15 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:12 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.

I'm sorry, guys... I can post at work, it takes half a minute... but I can't spend much time for making posters

As I said, I'm at a lecture.
Not at home. Btw, there aren't that many great pictures of other players. This is the template of last years season 2 finals

There actually aren't any others in that 7 matches.

I know, that's why I said it. We'll just be here until 1050 and then post the picture
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
October 30 2014 09:20 GMT
#20912
On October 30 2014 18:18 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:18 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:16 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:15 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:12 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.

I'm sorry, guys... I can post at work, it takes half a minute... but I can't spend much time for making posters

As I said, I'm at a lecture.
Not at home. Btw, there aren't that many great pictures of other players. This is the template of last years season 2 finals

There actually aren't any others in that 7 matches.

I know, that's why I said it. We'll just be here until 1050 and then post the picture

Which one will be posted?
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:20 GMT
#20913
On October 30 2014 18:20 H8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:18 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:16 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:15 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:12 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.

I'm sorry, guys... I can post at work, it takes half a minute... but I can't spend much time for making posters

As I said, I'm at a lecture.
Not at home. Btw, there aren't that many great pictures of other players. This is the template of last years season 2 finals

There actually aren't any others in that 7 matches.

I know, that's why I said it. We'll just be here until 1050 and then post the picture

Which one will be posted?

The photoshoped one?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
October 30 2014 09:21 GMT
#20914
On October 30 2014 18:20 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:20 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:18 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:18 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:16 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:15 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:12 H8 wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:10 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:06 y0su wrote:
maybe without deliberate spam we could keep the thread alive...
that bomber vs jaedong picture is well done!
what is our chance of getting all 8?

all 8 what?

All 8 matches.

I'm sorry, guys... I can post at work, it takes half a minute... but I can't spend much time for making posters

As I said, I'm at a lecture.
Not at home. Btw, there aren't that many great pictures of other players. This is the template of last years season 2 finals

There actually aren't any others in that 7 matches.

I know, that's why I said it. We'll just be here until 1050 and then post the picture

Which one will be posted?

The photoshoped one?

Oh, I didn't notice that one. Ok, cool.
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-30 09:26:38
October 30 2014 09:23 GMT
#20915
On October 30 2014 18:16 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:14 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:13 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.

I'm going to agree with this. I prefered last years format so Blizzcon feels like blizzcon. This just doesn't feel right

And it will kill passion for half viewers. Imagine, if you favourite player will be kicked in Ro16. Next week it will be just a "separate event" with random players

hard to speak for others, but I doubt that high a proportion of viewers would have passion killed after day 1, seeing as it is still the wcs global final top 8 at blizzcon

it does seem a bit weird to have ro16 a week in advance, but this is about what you can do without separating the tournament from the rest of the blizzcon schedule (or doing last year's setup with side-stream/backstage)
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:28 GMT
#20916
On October 30 2014 18:23 dangthatsright wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:16 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:14 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:13 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.

I'm going to agree with this. I prefered last years format so Blizzcon feels like blizzcon. This just doesn't feel right

And it will kill passion for half viewers. Imagine, if you favourite player will be kicked in Ro16. Next week it will be just a "separate event" with random players

hard to speak for others, but I doubt that high a proportion of viewers would have passion killed after day 1, seeing as it is still the wcs global final top 8 at blizzcon

it does seem a bit weird to have ro16 a week in advance, but this is about what you can do without separating the tournament from the rest of the blizzcon schedule

Last year was really well made. 12 hours of awesome starcraft! And it made me Hyped even more for day 2! I was hoping for everything to be the same. Anyway, it might just be my personal problem, since I can't watch this weekend
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
October 30 2014 09:36 GMT
#20917
On October 30 2014 18:28 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:23 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:16 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:14 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:13 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.

I'm going to agree with this. I prefered last years format so Blizzcon feels like blizzcon. This just doesn't feel right

And it will kill passion for half viewers. Imagine, if you favourite player will be kicked in Ro16. Next week it will be just a "separate event" with random players

hard to speak for others, but I doubt that high a proportion of viewers would have passion killed after day 1, seeing as it is still the wcs global final top 8 at blizzcon

it does seem a bit weird to have ro16 a week in advance, but this is about what you can do without separating the tournament from the rest of the blizzcon schedule

Last year was really well made. 12 hours of awesome starcraft! And it made me Hyped even more for day 2! I was hoping for everything to be the same. Anyway, it might just be my personal problem, since I can't watch this weekend

Avoid spoilers then
Insert wise words here
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 09:37 GMT
#20918
On October 30 2014 18:36 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 18:28 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:23 dangthatsright wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:16 IAmWithStupid wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:14 Sakat wrote:
On October 30 2014 18:13 IAmWithStupid wrote:
Well, I have some standards... I prefer not to spam the 5 pages, but rather to offer a good topic of discussion.

For example, last year format vs this year. This year is certainly better for the veiwers, but it doesn't feel right. Last year a pro didn't have +1 week of preparation for the Ro8.

I'm going to agree with this. I prefered last years format so Blizzcon feels like blizzcon. This just doesn't feel right

And it will kill passion for half viewers. Imagine, if you favourite player will be kicked in Ro16. Next week it will be just a "separate event" with random players

hard to speak for others, but I doubt that high a proportion of viewers would have passion killed after day 1, seeing as it is still the wcs global final top 8 at blizzcon

it does seem a bit weird to have ro16 a week in advance, but this is about what you can do without separating the tournament from the rest of the blizzcon schedule

Last year was really well made. 12 hours of awesome starcraft! And it made me Hyped even more for day 2! I was hoping for everything to be the same. Anyway, it might just be my personal problem, since I can't watch this weekend

Avoid spoilers then

I won't. I'll just check the results and watch the final event. I won't watch day 1 at all. It's impossible to avoid spoilers, sadly
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 30 2014 09:45 GMT
#20919
i dislike that only 8 players make it to blizzcon...
however as a viewer i do like the extra day of games.
i do wish it was two days of ro16 so it doesn't run as late for eastern Europe.
i also think it's actually really good that the ro8 winners get a week to prepare! imo it results in an opportunity to see well planned games and unique builds - something i feel is lacking in typical weekend events (and what i enjoy about GSL)!

i do wonder about the cost of having the players there for a week though (especially with half already eliminated).
IAmWithStupid
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Russian Federation1016 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-30 09:49:16
October 30 2014 09:49 GMT
#20920
On October 30 2014 18:45 y0su wrote:
i do wonder about the cost of having the players there for a week though (especially with half already eliminated).

I'm sure Blizzard can afford that. They spend millions on this event, they can spend additional couple of thousands
Insert wise words here
Prev 1 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 609
White-Ra 140
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever541
NeuroSwarm181
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe88
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8639
Liquid`Hasu1272
Trikslyr104
Other Games
summit1g8293
shahzam644
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS87
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick640
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1075
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.