• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:36
CEST 06:36
KST 13:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9503 users

Play Heart of the Swarm beta offline (HOTS) - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
hykrium
Profile Joined September 2012
2 Posts
September 06 2012 14:23 GMT
#21
Works fine for me thank you!
ZenZombie
Profile Joined September 2011
United States58 Posts
September 06 2012 14:26 GMT
#22
I keep getting an error of: "An expected file management has occurred. Please try again."

Tried several times. Any tips?
Live Simply Or Simply Live.
renag27
Profile Joined June 2011
United States6 Posts
September 06 2012 14:30 GMT
#23
I have been unable to use the ultra's burrow charge ability. Has any one else has this issue?
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 14:46:52
September 06 2012 14:46 GMT
#24
sadly it's only against very easy...how i can test things against this ai?
teamTV
Profile Joined June 2012
France16 Posts
September 06 2012 14:46 GMT
#25
On September 06 2012 23:12 Forikorder wrote:
whenever i try to install the Bet i keep getting "an unexpected file management error has occured please try again"

i can download the set up thing from the website but whenever i try to run it the launcher DL thing pops up then i get the error


On September 06 2012 23:26 ZenZombie wrote:
I keep getting an error of: "An expected file management has occurred. Please try again."

Tried several times. Any tips?


I have never encountered such an issue. However the same issue appears on different threads of this forum. Hope the different solutions may help you:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2376
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2367
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2365
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2364
Avicularia
Profile Joined February 2012
540 Posts
September 06 2012 14:47 GMT
#26
Tempest is so useless
ZenZombie
Profile Joined September 2011
United States58 Posts
September 06 2012 14:52 GMT
#27
On September 06 2012 23:46 teamTV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:12 Forikorder wrote:
whenever i try to install the Bet i keep getting "an unexpected file management error has occured please try again"

i can download the set up thing from the website but whenever i try to run it the launcher DL thing pops up then i get the error


Show nested quote +
On September 06 2012 23:26 ZenZombie wrote:
I keep getting an error of: "An expected file management has occurred. Please try again."

Tried several times. Any tips?


I have never encountered such an issue. However the same issue appears on different threads of this forum. Hope the different solutions may help you:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2376
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2367
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2365
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=360784&currentpage=119#2364


It was the arcade beta files.

Thank you my fine sir, I bid you a good day and wish you well.

I hope we meet on the ladder and do glorious battle some day!
Live Simply Or Simply Live.
Cyborgryna
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany12 Posts
September 06 2012 14:53 GMT
#28
thank you for the tutorial quality TL post!
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 15:28:41
September 06 2012 15:06 GMT
#29
Works, I love you, If someone can figure out how to change difficulty I'd really appreciate it, very easy is very boring.

EDIT: I tried to change it via something that apparently works in wol editor, but it appears that the hots beta only has very easy as a difficulty..
hykrium
Profile Joined September 2012
2 Posts
September 06 2012 15:28 GMT
#30
Works fine! thank you!
hamachisan
Profile Joined March 2011
United States52 Posts
September 06 2012 15:35 GMT
#31
Would this guide work for a Mac OSX user?
emart835
Profile Joined November 2011
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 15:52:04
September 06 2012 15:46 GMT
#32
So I keep getting an error when I try and install the client? Not happening to anyone else?

EDIT:FIXED! Uninstall the Beta 1.5 completely then rerun the hots client. Installing now Will also be nice whenever I actually get a key, so I won't have to install!
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 16:02:54
September 06 2012 15:51 GMT
#33
I am getting "Files are missing from your StarCraft II installation" every time I try and open the editor. Starting the client itself works fine, I can go into the options and try and log in and so on. I have already tried redownloading the client several times and I also, of course, let it install all the way every time too.

Any ideas? This happening to anybody else as well?

EDIT: And I did uninstall the previous betas before installing the HOTS beta client!
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 16:34:16
September 06 2012 16:24 GMT
#34
It says I have to login to authenticate my account before using the Editor. It used to not do this before. Do I have to reinstall? The editor closes before I have the option to do anything.
Sok4R
Profile Joined November 2006
Germany124 Posts
September 06 2012 16:34 GMT
#35
On September 07 2012 01:24 Arco wrote:
It says I have to login to authenticate my account before using the Editor. It used to not do this before. Do I have to reinstall? The editor closes before I have the option to do anything.

Getting the same, seems like Blizzard already fixed that hole...
Frag Everything that isn't you
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
September 06 2012 16:36 GMT
#36
On September 07 2012 01:34 Sok4R wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 01:24 Arco wrote:
It says I have to login to authenticate my account before using the Editor. It used to not do this before. Do I have to reinstall? The editor closes before I have the option to do anything.

Getting the same, seems like Blizzard already fixed that hole...


Still works for me, even after launching the beta client.
Jochan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Poland1730 Posts
September 06 2012 16:37 GMT
#37
On September 07 2012 01:34 Sok4R wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2012 01:24 Arco wrote:
It says I have to login to authenticate my account before using the Editor. It used to not do this before. Do I have to reinstall? The editor closes before I have the option to do anything.

Getting the same, seems like Blizzard already fixed that hole...

Works fine for me, I've just turned it on to check.
"(...)all in the game, yo. All in the game"
Tminus____
Profile Joined September 2011
249 Posts
September 06 2012 16:43 GMT
#38
when it comes to desperate to play beta(which i am) this will certainly take off the edge thanks
cmon gimme a break im to old for this shit
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
September 06 2012 16:46 GMT
#39
lol, I fell in love with battle hellion and mine immidiately :D Warhound is not that bad either..
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-06 16:58:36
September 06 2012 16:55 GMT
#40
On September 07 2012 01:46 Everlong wrote:
lol, I fell in love with battle hellion and mine immidiately :D Warhound is not that bad either..


EDIT: Moved warhound stuff to warhound thread, thanks for this way fo testing the units though!

I like the hellion and mine too <3
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft377
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta69
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft597
PiGStarcraft377
RuFF_SC2 192
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 160
Horang2 149
Leta 98
Hyuk 56
PianO 25
Bale 12
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 655
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox712
C9.Mang0276
Westballz40
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor612
Other Games
summit1g9433
Coldzera 804
Sick130
ViBE79
ArmadaUGS38
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2101
League of Legends
• Lourlo1151
• Stunt373
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 24m
Online Event
6h 24m
FEL
11h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.