• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:48
CEST 23:48
KST 06:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12727 users

The dps of Marines

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Thnikkaman47
Profile Joined September 2011
Australia5 Posts
June 09 2012 07:39 GMT
#1
Hi. I have been following strategies in using marines as a counter to all units but have hit a snag. Even though I'm using mass marines I can't seem to counter a massed infestor baneling ultra composition. Marines are clearly underpowered and I suggest a buff in their DPS. Discuss.

Ps I am a 800+ master league terran so have got gosu micro and macro.

User was warned for this post

User was warned for this post
Resistentialism
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada688 Posts
June 09 2012 07:39 GMT
#2
Build more marines.
Resistentialism
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada688 Posts
June 09 2012 07:41 GMT
#3
Oh sorry, could you post a replay that I can watch, and then I can tell you to build more marines.
LennoxPM
Profile Joined May 2012
Lithuania84 Posts
June 09 2012 07:44 GMT
#4
Im pretty sure you dont build enough marines. I heard pro players like MKP and MMA makes medivacs as well.
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
June 09 2012 07:51 GMT
#5
Bad troll, bad.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
CaptainAmerica
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States89 Posts
June 09 2012 07:57 GMT
#6
Upgrades. Upgrades and APM.
Give Credit Where It's Due
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
June 09 2012 08:00 GMT
#7
This is called being countered.

You need the APM of a robot to make Mass Marine work in TvZ against Ultra/Bane/Infestor without Medivacs, Siege Tanks, or Marauders. Even then, Marines doing 2 damage to Ultralisks isn't very good for you.

Also read: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=338554
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
June 09 2012 08:01 GMT
#8
On June 09 2012 17:00 Fencer710 wrote:
This is called being countered.

You need the APM of a robot to make Mass Marine work in TvZ against Ultra/Bane/Infestor without Medivacs, Siege Tanks, or Marauders. Even then, Marines doing 2 damage to Ultralisks isn't very good for you.

Also read: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=338554


... successful troll was successful I guess.
In Inca we trust
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
June 09 2012 08:01 GMT
#9
On June 09 2012 17:01 las91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 17:00 Fencer710 wrote:
This is called being countered.

You need the APM of a robot to make Mass Marine work in TvZ against Ultra/Bane/Infestor without Medivacs, Siege Tanks, or Marauders. Even then, Marines doing 2 damage to Ultralisks isn't very good for you.

Also read: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=338554


... successful troll was successful I guess.

Oops. :|
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
June 09 2012 08:02 GMT
#10
As others have said build more marines ! 2 marines have DOUBLE the dps of 1 !

Stay on your 6 harversters you start with and then max on marines.
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
June 09 2012 08:05 GMT
#11
does anyone even complain about marines anymore except in bronze?
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
June 09 2012 08:09 GMT
#12
Also you should consider building a very own bunker for each of your marines as that increases both their happiness and ability to live longer.

Personal Medivacs for each of your Marine or even harem Medivacs can also be considered, although due to this game having supply that will reduce the amount of Marines you can make.

And obviously kill off all but one of your SCV's at start of the game by making them attack eachother so that you can build more Marines.
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
June 09 2012 08:10 GMT
#13
On June 09 2012 17:05 Belial88 wrote:
does anyone even complain about marines anymore except in bronze?

Yes. I've seen it on the battle.net forums, so many idiots there. :\
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12889 Posts
June 09 2012 08:17 GMT
#14
try to bring some scvs with you, it is super effective :D
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-09 08:31:32
June 09 2012 08:29 GMT
#15
On June 09 2012 17:10 Fencer710 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 17:05 Belial88 wrote:
does anyone even complain about marines anymore except in bronze?

Yes. I've seen it on the battle.net forums, so many idiots there. :\


god that place is so horrible. I went to blizzcon's multiplayer forum for SC2 (there were maybe barely 20 people in there) where I guess you're supposed to give feedback on multiplayer and balance and all.

I'm pretty sure I was the highest ranked person in there, people were saying some really ridiculous stuff... some guy went on for like 10 minutes, and then said "and yea immortals being to be warped in?!" and everyone was just like seriously... we just listened to a guy bitch and he didn't even know immortals aren't warped in anymore.

I think I was just broken into masters at the time, but everyone was complaining about how this and that was OP, and how blizzard never listens to them. Then I slowly got the feeling that none of them had ever heard of teamliquid, and were referring to the battlenet forums.

So I raised my hand, interuppted, looked the blizzard guy in the face, with everyone quiet and said "please, I really hope you do not listen to a thing on the battle.net forums, because it's all terrible". They were about to kill me when I implied the game was balanced and that there problems were all really low level stuff that goes away soon lol.

Turns out the guy had no clue what sc2 was, he was just some intern who worked on WOW. I don't even know what the point of that forum was, I think just a bunch of people whine to some guy who they think is important.

Ps I am a 800+ master league terran so have got gosu micro and macro.


lol
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
Daniel C
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong1606 Posts
June 09 2012 08:38 GMT
#16
Make sure your marines are USA marines, they are the most powerful type of marine and are very good at countering bin ladens.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Tryagain4free
Profile Joined March 2012
81 Posts
June 09 2012 08:42 GMT
#17
If normal marines don't work - build hero marines...
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
June 09 2012 08:47 GMT
#18
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 09 2012 17:29 Belial88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2012 17:10 Fencer710 wrote:
On June 09 2012 17:05 Belial88 wrote:
does anyone even complain about marines anymore except in bronze?

Yes. I've seen it on the battle.net forums, so many idiots there. :\


god that place is so horrible. I went to blizzcon's multiplayer forum for SC2 (there were maybe barely 20 people in there) where I guess you're supposed to give feedback on multiplayer and balance and all.

I'm pretty sure I was the highest ranked person in there, people were saying some really ridiculous stuff... some guy went on for like 10 minutes, and then said "and yea immortals being to be warped in?!" and everyone was just like seriously... we just listened to a guy bitch and he didn't even know immortals aren't warped in anymore.

I think I was just broken into masters at the time, but everyone was complaining about how this and that was OP, and how blizzard never listens to them. Then I slowly got the feeling that none of them had ever heard of teamliquid, and were referring to the battlenet forums.

So I raised my hand, interuppted, looked the blizzard guy in the face, with everyone quiet and said "please, I really hope you do not listen to a thing on the battle.net forums, because it's all terrible". They were about to kill me when I implied the game was balanced and that there problems were all really low level stuff that goes away soon lol.

Turns out the guy had no clue what sc2 was, he was just some intern who worked on WOW. I don't even know what the point of that forum was, I think just a bunch of people whine to some guy who they think is important.

Show nested quote +
Ps I am a 800+ master league terran so have got gosu micro and macro.


lol

LOL.

Sorry that's just funny. xD
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
HellionDrop
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
281 Posts
June 09 2012 08:53 GMT
#19
there is one thing i always wonder

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Ultralisk

it says that ultras are strong against maraudars , but why you always build maraudars to fight ultras then???? change that field to marine please.
ZeroClick
Profile Joined March 2012
Brazil63 Posts
June 09 2012 08:54 GMT
#20
Are you sure that you researched Adrenal Glands for your marines? It work wonders on my zerglings...
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14600
Shuttle 344
White-Ra 229
ZZZero.O 141
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3514
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4824
Other Games
summit1g9899
Liquid`RaSZi2091
FrodaN2073
fl0m1864
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD272
Livibee189
Pyrionflax151
IndyStarCraft 136
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 48
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 7
• Sammyuel 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1421
• Shiphtur665
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 12m
Replay Cast
1h 12m
OSC
14h 12m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.