• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:02
CEST 15:02
KST 22:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9433 users

I love SC2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 06:50:46
January 12 2012 06:50 GMT
#1
For the longest time, I stubbornly resisted the transition from BW to SC2. To me, what was SC2 but just another cheap knockoff of the game that defined years of my life? The late nights staying up rooting for Bisu, Flash, and Jaedong in the OSL, the connection I felt to the players – I thought it could never be recreated.

Uell, I was wrong. I love SC2.

1. Cooler units in SC2

-Kick-ass-ness: The Goliath may be a giant robot suit, which is cool and all, but come on guys – the Thor? Fucking giant robot gundam suit doesn’t give a fuck. Shit’s cash. Nothing beats Thors except more Thors.

-Kick-ass-ness 2: Ultralisks actually look ultra in this game. Nice and fat. Not some deformed cow shit.

-Interesting units: Banelings. They blow up. Not like Infested Terrans and Scourge, but they actually blow up instead of running around with dumbfuck AI and then get killed without doing anything.

-Actual alien feel to Protoss: Colossus? Mothership? Void Ray? Shit’s straight out of War of the Worlds. The races have a much more unique and distinct identity in SC2, or at least Protoss does. Terran is same as always, OP as fuck. Zerg is meh.

2. New blood: We get a chance to see players from other ESPORTS like WC3 switch over, as well as a new generation of SC players. It keeps things fresh, and SC2 has a chance to be a truly global, long-living ESPORT.


3. “Terrible, terrible damage,” or, more memes and catchphrases: Now, memes are potentially a very bad thing when overused and abused, but in the case of SC2, it brings the community closer together. Day9’s Trumpets, Destiny’s stream antics, Idra (or should I say the Gracken?) rage, are just few of many examples of ways the community has bonded over seemingly banal events


4. Excitement(related to new blood) Let’s be honest – watching Broodwar get dominated by the same handful of Koreans repeatedly gets old. In SC2, we can see foreigners go toe to toe with Koreans, and taking their fair share of tournament wins. Instead of MC and MVP winning everything, we can see foreigners on foreign teams like Hero and Puma win tournaments too!

Starcraft forever!!!


User was temp banned for this post.
TranslatorBaa!
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
January 12 2012 06:51 GMT
#2
I agree but some aspects are worse in SC2 than they were in Brood War, but they are different games.
Mongolbonjwa
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland376 Posts
January 12 2012 06:52 GMT
#3
when i was reading the title of this thread i was thinking "what a full of shit obvious troll" but now im thinking what an awesome thread this is

continue
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 07:06:06
January 12 2012 06:52 GMT
#4
Zzz. Trolling
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
January 12 2012 06:53 GMT
#5
You had me at "shit's cash". Very good sir.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
January 12 2012 06:53 GMT
#6
I love it. While I love BW as well, I just see them as two different things which each have goods and bads to them. Thanks!
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51547 Posts
January 12 2012 06:53 GMT
#7
I'm still not sure of your motives on this post cheep....
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
ElvisWayCool
Profile Joined March 2010
United States437 Posts
January 12 2012 06:53 GMT
#8
Absolutely love ultralisks.
hysterial
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2044 Posts
January 12 2012 06:55 GMT
#9
Pretty much

Prefer watching BW, prefer playing SC2.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 06:56:19
January 12 2012 06:55 GMT
#10
we can see foreigners on foreign teams like Hero and Puma win tournaments too!


ROFL! I hope you'll still show the Koreans some love. Like Huk for example
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
January 12 2012 06:55 GMT
#11
Hey, I don't blame you - I was a former BW elitist myself and was even unhappy for a bit when SC2 was announced. But now, after watching so much GSL, I can't get enough of SC2 and consider it a superior game!!
Witten
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2094 Posts
January 12 2012 06:56 GMT
#12
Shit's so cash.
Brood War Forever / NA's premiere Shadow Shaman player / Courier Collector / Bot Game Champion / Highly amateur Mystical Ninja Goemon Speedrunner
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
January 12 2012 06:56 GMT
#13
What do you think of zvz in sc2? how is it better than bw zvz?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
FezTheCaliph
Profile Joined February 2010
United States492 Posts
January 12 2012 06:57 GMT
#14
On January 12 2012 15:50 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
we can see foreigners on foreign teams like Hero and Puma win tournaments too!




I'm not sure if this was a typo or you were trying to make a funny. Sorry to nit pick =/
It is better to be on hand with ten men then absent with ten thousand
enemy2010
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1972 Posts
January 12 2012 06:57 GMT
#15
Welcome
1on1 auf azze no he no flash no awp only holztor. | Ja, da meint der ich hätt' abgeschmatzt, aber dat is Quatsch, verstehste?
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
January 12 2012 06:57 GMT
#16
I don't understand the reasons for you posting this, but I laughed.
Incursus
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States415 Posts
January 12 2012 06:58 GMT
#17
I played Brood War, and I never really understood much of it until right around when SC2 entered Beta.

I heard stories of Boxer's rise and fall, the Bonjwas, the magic of Savior and the unbridled awesome of Flash. But these to me were just stories, there was no magic there for me.

But then something happened, StarCraft 2 came out and I began to watch some pro games here or there. But then something happened, I watched Fruit Dealer defy all odds and do something awesome. I know what you mean about having that connection to the players and feeling something in my chest when my favorite player comes up to bat. I love this game, to me it means more than BW ever will outside of that nostalgic feeling of course. The return of legends like Boxer allows me to re-live these old stories as something new, something I relate to. They're not stories anymore to me, it's real and happening. It's the Brood War that I never had.
Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice...appears under your feet.
johnnywup
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3858 Posts
January 12 2012 06:58 GMT
#18
On January 12 2012 15:56 StorrZerg wrote:
What do you think of zvz in sc2? how is it better than bw zvz?

IMO sc2 zvz can actually have more than one dimension...bw zvz was just muta scourge into just muta. ;;
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
January 12 2012 06:59 GMT
#19
I'm with Cheep.

Recently, with word of BW players transitioning to SC2, I decided to watch a few player streams. It's a lot of fun, I wish I hadn't judged it so harshly because I was bad in Season 1, and it was SUPER imbalanced. I'm probably top 5 BW fanboys on Team Liquid but I really feel like SC2 has a lot more good in it that we are willing to see, especially now with the game a lot more balanced out.

It's about time BW elitists started taking off their blinders and really gave this game a chance, instead of shitting on it because it's not Brood War.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
aphorism
Profile Joined February 2011
United States226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-12 06:59:51
January 12 2012 06:59 GMT
#20
On January 12 2012 15:50 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Nothing beats Thors except more Thors.

NesTea would beg to differ...
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1061
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings225
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
CosmosSc2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48692
Shuttle 11629
FanTaSy 1541
Hyuk 961
Horang2 464
BeSt 442
EffOrt 242
Stork 223
Last 184
Zeus 147
[ Show more ]
Soma 124
Pusan 121
Mind 110
hero 90
ggaemo 73
Hyun 72
Killer 69
Sea.KH 60
Hm[arnc] 52
sorry 49
Snow 49
PianO 43
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
Aegong 25
zelot 20
JYJ 18
Sexy 18
NaDa 14
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 9
Icarus 3
Dota 2
qojqva1281
Dendi1146
XcaliburYe333
Gorgc70
Counter-Strike
fl0m3019
x6flipin748
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu546
Khaldor166
Other Games
gofns41105
B2W.Neo1089
byalli822
Beastyqt283
Hui .165
Livibee160
ArmadaUGS112
Mew2King58
Mlord17
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1896
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 59m
Replay Cast
9h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.