• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8907 users

Ideas for starting a new clan (commonsensegaming)

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
zamiitheman
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2 Posts
December 06 2011 02:10 GMT
#1
Hey, a friend and I are currently trying to start our own clan and I am just wondering if anyone would like to join us and/or if anyone ideas for us to make it a successful and well working clan.

Also interested in info on how to go about getting sponsors

If you are interested in joining contact me on the NA server
username zamii
Character code 407


Warlock40
Profile Joined September 2011
601 Posts
December 06 2011 02:16 GMT
#2
Hey man, just checked your profile. Don't know if you're trolling or not but your profile shows you being in gold league. You should know that there are three main types of "clans": gaming communities which encourage casual gaming (probably your level), actual pro teams (the ones that get sponsors because they win big name tournaments), and clans that are somewhere in the middle. Like I said, you'd be better off finding a gaming community to join. No harm in starting your own, though, even if it's just a small group of friends. If you want to be taken seriously by complete strangers and get them to join your clan, though, you'll need some degree of professionalism and official-ness. A website helps.
zamiitheman
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2 Posts
December 06 2011 02:27 GMT
#3
Well i was almost into diamond before then i took like two months off and changed races so im fairly low at this time but i wouldnt really be the one playing as in EG and TL the people that run the clans are norm not the players i dont think

As for the website and other social media's we have them just havent uploaded anything to theem yet in the future we plan to get all this stuff with a lot more but ty for the advice
zags
Profile Joined October 2010
11 Posts
December 06 2011 02:35 GMT
#4
Yo I'm interested in your clan I am a mid masters zerg I used to be a top masters zerg but then I took like a month off and played lots of team games so i'm fairly rusty at this time. Let me know what you think or if I need to try out or whatever or if you want me to provide replays or just let me know, ty. If we want sponsors we need to make some team shirts with sponsor names on it then after we get popular they will give us money. I made a mockup of what our shirt should look like, I used Deadpool as our mascot because hes my favorite superhero and we can have a man in a Deadpool costume at our events cheering for us. Here what do you think?

[image loading]
svefnleysi
Profile Joined March 2011
Iceland623 Posts
December 06 2011 02:38 GMT
#5
It doesn't seem like you've given this much thought.

How old are you?
MattO1337
Profile Joined August 2011
United States203 Posts
December 06 2011 02:38 GMT
#6
I would join any team that has WADE FUCKING WILSON as a mascot.


MarinePrince.929 - Son of MKP - Fan of MKP, IdrA, HuK, Demuslim, PuMa, Axslav, and MMA.
Marou
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1371 Posts
December 06 2011 02:39 GMT
#7
On December 06 2011 11:35 zags wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Yo I'm interested in your clan I am a mid masters zerg I used to be a top masters zerg but then I took like a month off and played lots of team games so i'm fairly rusty at this time. Let me know what you think or if I need to try out or whatever or if you want me to provide replays or just let me know, ty. If we want sponsors we need to make some team shirts with sponsor names on it then after we get popular they will give us money. I made a mockup of what our shirt should look like, I used Deadpool as our mascot because hes my favorite superhero and we can have a man in a Deadpool costume at our events cheering for us. Here what do you think?


[image loading]



Best. Team. Shirt. Ever.


I wish Tampax was more into esports, they are really missing an opportunity here.
twitter@RickyMarou
zags
Profile Joined October 2010
11 Posts
December 06 2011 02:39 GMT
#8
Matt please don't refer to our mascot as Wade "expletive" Wilson, now that we are forming a professional team we have to be professional and can't use that sort of language associated with our team/mascots/tshirts.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
December 06 2011 02:41 GMT
#9
On December 06 2011 11:35 zags wrote:

[image loading]

omg. That made me laugh so hard. amazing.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
imjorman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States580 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 02:49:21
December 06 2011 02:46 GMT
#10
On December 06 2011 11:35 zags wrote:
Yo I'm interested in your clan I am a mid masters zerg I used to be a top masters zerg but then I took like a month off and played lots of team games so i'm fairly rusty at this time. Let me know what you think or if I need to try out or whatever or if you want me to provide replays or just let me know, ty. If we want sponsors we need to make some team shirts with sponsor names on it then after we get popular they will give us money. I made a mockup of what our shirt should look like, I used Deadpool as our mascot because hes my favorite superhero and we can have a man in a Deadpool costume at our events cheering for us. Here what do you think?

[image loading]


The best troll ever.

Edit to the OP: Unless your top tier players that get a lot of exposure at events that have a lot of viewers, your not going to get sponsors. Sponsors care about the amount of viewers that their product will receive and a few guys who practice together receive no viewers.

Sorry man : / I'd suggest getting good (i.e. top masters), doing well at an MLG or online qualifier for a tournament like NASL or something, and then trying to make a case to a team or sponsor. Very few get paid in this scene, just like any other sport, most of us will do this just for enjoyment. glgl in your search though, brother.
People who want power shouldn't have it.
InvalidID
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1050 Posts
December 06 2011 02:47 GMT
#11
First you need to get some top players to play for your team. You should do this by messaging them on bnet. Don't be afraid to message them in game, they wont mind, your giving them a great opportunity to join a sweet clan.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
December 06 2011 02:49 GMT
#12
On December 06 2011 11:46 imjorman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 11:35 zags wrote:
Yo I'm interested in your clan I am a mid masters zerg I used to be a top masters zerg but then I took like a month off and played lots of team games so i'm fairly rusty at this time. Let me know what you think or if I need to try out or whatever or if you want me to provide replays or just let me know, ty. If we want sponsors we need to make some team shirts with sponsor names on it then after we get popular they will give us money. I made a mockup of what our shirt should look like, I used Deadpool as our mascot because hes my favorite superhero and we can have a man in a Deadpool costume at our events cheering for us. Here what do you think?

[image loading]


The best troll ever.

Edit to the OP: Unless your top tier players that get a lot of exposure at events that have a lot of viewers, your not going to get sponsors. Sponsors care about the amount of viewers that their product will receive and a few guys who practice together receive no viewers.

Sorry man : / I'd suggest getting good (i.e. top masters), doing well at an MLG or online qualifier for a tournament like NASL or something, and then trying to make a case to a team or sponsor. Very few get paid in this scene, just like any other sport, most of us will do this just for enjoyment. glgl in your search though, brother.


hot wheels rofl haven't thought of it in years
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Flaunt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
New Zealand784 Posts
December 06 2011 02:51 GMT
#13
there;s a difference BETWEEN TEAMS AND CLANS PEOPLE. I WISH TL would make a thread about this!!! this guy is just interested in making a clan, which is fkn awesome. who cares waht his skil llvl is?
What? You seek something? You wish to multiply yourself tenfold, a hundredfold? You seek followers? Seek zeros!
imjorman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States580 Posts
December 06 2011 02:53 GMT
#14
On December 06 2011 11:47 InvalidID wrote:
First you need to get some top players to play for your team. You should do this by messaging them on bnet. Don't be afraid to message them in game, they wont mind, your giving them a great opportunity to join a sweet clan.


I think our being a tad optimistic. I'd be pretty annoyed if some random messaged and was like "bro, join my clan. it's sweet I promise!"
People who want power shouldn't have it.
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 02:58:00
December 06 2011 02:57 GMT
#15
On December 06 2011 11:35 zags wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Ahahaha this is so amazing that I kind of wish it were not a troll.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
December 06 2011 02:59 GMT
#16
Hahahahaha this thread is golden, Zags wins the award for sexiest post.
SpectralFremen
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia386 Posts
December 06 2011 03:03 GMT
#17
Yeah making a clan is great, but posting on a public forum going: Who wants to join me?!
That's just not going to work.

Ever.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere"
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
December 06 2011 03:14 GMT
#18
okay, that picture belongs in the funny picture thread. Please ^_^.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=135557

closed.
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech157
Nina 143
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15003
Artosis 475
PianO 20
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever387
NeuroSwarm87
canceldota71
League of Legends
Doublelift3509
Counter-Strike
Fnx 994
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD43
Other Games
summit1g6829
FrodaN1083
shahzam528
C9.Mang0295
RotterdaM85
Mew2King28
fpsfer 2
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• RyuSc2 23
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1067
• Shiphtur623
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
17m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.