• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:32
CEST 10:32
KST 17:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8021 users

Motherboard upgrade

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
November 13 2011 16:12 GMT
#1
Hey guys I'm coming back with another question about computers. And after posting the specs of the computer i made I was quickly informed that I made a mistake with the motherboard I chose. Anyway I'm looking to get a gaming mobo that is sli capable but I'm looking for round $150 so I was looking for suggestions and details on what I have to deal with when replacing a mobo like what else do I need.




(btw my current mobo is m4n75td. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6077065&CatId=5545 )
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Eisregen
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany967 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-13 16:32:31
November 13 2011 16:30 GMT
#2
If you could enter your speccs here aswell? =/
Cause there arent many AM3 boards with SLI support out there...
Photo-Noob@ http://www.flickr.com/photos/eisregen1983/
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
November 13 2011 17:20 GMT
#3
It would be dumb to get a new motherboard just for SLI since if you built your configuration around a single card GPU, your power supply is highly unlikely to be capable of powering a multi-GPU configuration. Unless of course, you made overall bad decisions on this configuration.

If you were to get a new motherboard for SLI, you should buy the graphics card at the same time since that's the entire point of getting a new motherboard...

And the current motherboard you have is capable of SLI. It even says so on the motherboard itself and on the description.
Eisregen
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany967 Posts
November 13 2011 17:37 GMT
#4
I dont think he has an issue with the SLI as the MB can clearly handle SLI, but with sth. else and it is really necessary to know what the problem is.
Photo-Noob@ http://www.flickr.com/photos/eisregen1983/
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
November 14 2011 04:18 GMT
#5
The motherboard is hybrid sli which I was under the impression allows you to use inboard graphics and a graphics card together not 2 cards or am I under the wrong impression. I have a power supply capable of 2 graphics cards. Because I was unaware of the limitations of "hybrid" sli
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
November 14 2011 04:22 GMT
#6
Your motherboard is capable of SLI and Hybrid SLI, it's even listed in the specifications.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
November 14 2011 18:09 GMT
#7
Wow I'm sorry I can't believe I missed that. U can use different cards I'n sli right? Any recommendations?
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
November 14 2011 18:13 GMT
#8
On November 15 2011 03:09 MindBreaker wrote:
Wow I'm sorry I can't believe I missed that. U can use different cards I'n sli right? Any recommendations?


No you can't. SLI requires the same card. If you have a GTX 280, you need another GTX 280. Branding (EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte, etc) can be different of course but the GPU itself must be the same.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
November 14 2011 18:20 GMT
#9
what would you be SLi-ing? What PSU? Other specs? RAM?

What's with everyone posting incomplete info always -.-

Also that mobo supports SLi so what's the problem?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
November 14 2011 18:22 GMT
#10
Ok so since I have a 560 ti I must get another 560 ti got it
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
November 14 2011 18:27 GMT
#11
Oh wow my mistake thought I put that link I'n the post lol sorry http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268309
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
Ata
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada356 Posts
November 14 2011 18:30 GMT
#12
On November 15 2011 03:27 MindBreaker wrote:
Oh wow my mistake thought I put that link I'n the post lol sorry http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=268309


If your are getting another 560ti for sc2, then hold your horses, its not going to help you. the problem is elsewhere.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-14 18:36:15
November 14 2011 18:35 GMT
#13
Eh SLi isn't going to do shit, you need to get a 64bit windows and if that doesn't help switch to sandybridge with 2500k.

Did you forget to read that old thread, where'd you figure out that SLi is a good idea?
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
MindBreaker
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States574 Posts
November 14 2011 18:40 GMT
#14
Sorry there are some updates. I have 64 bit now I play games other than sc2 that are graphics intensive. That thread is solved it was a problem with sc2 and my razer mouse.
Is it weird that I play most of my online games at work? And that it's a pizza place??
mahnini
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States6862 Posts
November 14 2011 20:16 GMT
#15
builders resource thread
the world's a playground. you know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4260
Leta 2655
Soulkey 491
BeSt 477
Soma 263
Rush 146
Killer 44
ZergMaN 29
Shine 28
Shinee 22
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 12
Dota 2
XcaliburYe222
League of Legends
JimRising 583
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
WinterStarcraft718
Sick280
Pyrionflax57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 38
• 3DClanTV 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2330
League of Legends
• Jankos1873
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 29m
Patches Events
6h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 29m
OSC
14h 29m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.