• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8964 users

Cheap Cars = low paying Jobs(but jobs!) - Page 2

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
July 16 2011 22:47 GMT
#21
This kinda reminds me of Grapes of Wrath- of course people will take a low paying job over none but unions and a competitive market will eventually prevent unfair wages.
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
July 16 2011 22:47 GMT
#22
On July 17 2011 07:44 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I agree to this if the government can some how lower the cost of living. Cost of living is the reason why most of us are in this horrible position. In Miami to even get a 1 bed/1bath it's like $800-$1000, which is quite ridiculous in my opinion because the apartment is the size of like a bathroom.


gogo minimum wage increases!
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 22:48:18
July 16 2011 22:47 GMT
#23
I'd love to have a job paying $30k a year right now, the market is shiiit for those of us who decided a degree in the liberal arts was a good idea =(
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
July 16 2011 22:48 GMT
#24
What you should make in my point of view is what other get for the job... the average salary for the specific job. So if everybody get 60k$ for this job, why should I accept 30k ? Stupid pool.

I would take 30k and search for another job, leave like a bitch and leave the company in deep shit! ;P
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 22:53:55
July 16 2011 22:50 GMT
#25
On July 17 2011 07:47 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I'd love to have a job paying $30k a year right now, the market is shiiit for those of us who decided a degree in the liberal arts was a good idea =(


sigh I guess before I post from now on I should have an English professor read my post. I honestly dont see whats wrong with this post. It may seem a bit like a troll post but its legitimate some people would honestly rather sit at home and have no income than a job that underpays them by a significant amount. I just wanted to know what people though about this particular instance.
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 16 2011 22:53 GMT
#26
On July 17 2011 07:50 thane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 07:47 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I'd love to have a job paying $30k a year right now, the market is shiiit for those of us who decided a degree in the liberal arts was a good idea =(


sigh I guess before I post from now on I should have an English professor read my post. I honestly dont see whats wrong with this post. It may seem a bit like a troll post but its legitimate some people would honestly rather site at home and have no income than a job that underpays them by a significant amount. I just wanted to know what people though about this particular instance.


How do you sit at home with no income and not lose your home? That's what is stupid about it...
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
July 16 2011 22:54 GMT
#27
On July 17 2011 07:53 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 07:50 thane wrote:
On July 17 2011 07:47 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I'd love to have a job paying $30k a year right now, the market is shiiit for those of us who decided a degree in the liberal arts was a good idea =(


sigh I guess before I post from now on I should have an English professor read my post. I honestly dont see whats wrong with this post. It may seem a bit like a troll post but its legitimate some people would honestly rather site at home and have no income than a job that underpays them by a significant amount. I just wanted to know what people though about this particular instance.


How do you sit at home with no income and not lose your home? That's what is stupid about it...



I never said the people are smart but people do it...
furymonkey
Profile Joined December 2008
New Zealand1587 Posts
July 16 2011 22:55 GMT
#28
On July 17 2011 07:48 WhiteDog wrote:
What you should make in my point of view is what other get for the job... the average salary for the specific job. So if everybody get 60k$ for this job, why should I accept 30k ? Stupid pool.

I would take 30k and search for another job, leave like a bitch and leave the company in deep shit! ;P


Which company pre-pay salary upfront? It doesn't make any sense.
Leenock the Punisher
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
July 16 2011 22:55 GMT
#29
If Americans expect to get paid more than workers in third world nations, then they should have better SKILLS than workers in third world nations.

People always complaining about "manufacturing" jobs leaving, etc... I say good riddance. The jobs of the future are not manufacturing, and that's not what American workers should be investing in. Outsourcing and lowering wages isn't the problem here...

And the OP makes no sense at all.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
thane
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States407 Posts
July 16 2011 22:57 GMT
#30
On July 17 2011 07:55 jdseemoreglass wrote:
If Americans expect to get paid more than workers in third world nations, then they should have better SKILLS than workers in third world nations.

People always complaining about "manufacturing" jobs leaving, etc... I say good riddance. The jobs of the future are not manufacturing, and that's not what American workers should be investing in. Outsourcing and lowering wages isn't the problem here...

And the OP makes no sense at all.



fine since I didnt make sense what should I have changed?
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
July 16 2011 22:57 GMT
#31
Terrible poll, weak topic indeed. Closing this.
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 396
Hyuk 301
Leta 129
Shinee 103
actioN 96
ZerO 93
Zeus 75
soO 68
EffOrt 59
Bisu 54
[ Show more ]
Mong 53
Killer 46
Mind 41
ToSsGirL 30
sorry 29
Soma 28
Aegong 26
Bale 24
PianO 19
Light 18
HiyA 15
ZergMaN 14
JulyZerg 7
Noble 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
XcaliburYe105
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss480
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King175
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1717
Other Games
gofns12666
summit1g8457
olofmeister1305
singsing1221
ceh9589
Happy339
crisheroes318
ArmadaUGS113
Livibee103
DeMusliM36
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH210
• LUISG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Jankos1691
• Rush1383
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
53m
OSC
3h 53m
Stellar Fest
3h 53m
OSC
14h 53m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.