• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9200 users

Longest losing streak?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
deverlight
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Korea (South)463 Posts
October 01 2010 23:46 GMT
#1
What's your longest losing streak? Not counting streaks where you decided to mess around and do something silly like triple expand before making units.

I just got hit with a 10 loss streak that made me a little bit sad =( Worst one prior to that was about 5.

Even with matchmaking which eventually should get you players who you can win against, I have a feeling someone out there will have gone on some kind of ridiculous 20+ losing streak to put mine to shame.

Cham
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
797 Posts
October 01 2010 23:51 GMT
#2
Mine has been about six. I don't really mind losing at all because I can learn from it, but the way the matchmaking is where I will win 5 games and then lose 5 games then win again is a bit annoying. I have definitely seen a pattern of this swinging of my MMR, and I wish I could just be placed randomly against people instead of having this ebb and flow.
pfods
Profile Joined September 2010
United States895 Posts
October 01 2010 23:53 GMT
#3
mine is going on 15 since the ladder system decided two people dropping from the game in a row meant i was uber 1337 and bumped me up to 13th place in a platinum division(from 30th in 3bar gold)
Kyandid
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada124 Posts
October 01 2010 23:54 GMT
#4
In Starcraft 2? About eight. The MMR usually puts me up against a silver league something if I get more than four losses, though...

In Warcraft 3 I hit a 22 game losing streak with smatterings of disconnects here and there. I finally got the win to break it against a Human player who started talking shit after I creepjacked him. I BM'd back like a boss just because I was so upset, and when I outexpo'd him and 1a'd into his base

felt so gooood
sleepytime
Profile Joined January 2010
Denmark122 Posts
October 01 2010 23:58 GMT
#5
My longest losing streak was about 9 I think. Kept me motivated to play more though. I always get more motivated when I lose.
Nada fighting!
ch4ppi
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany802 Posts
October 02 2010 00:00 GMT
#6
I've been through a tough evening, when my ZvT was sooo bad...
I also had a 10 loose streak I play 8(!) Terran lost to all of them in every single fucking way, I met 1 six pool and 1 2gate which I couldnt fend of... damn I was pretty much down... Then I played 3 2v2 won all of them nearly alone and I got back to 1on1 and won the first game and logged of :D
piroko139
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States261 Posts
October 02 2010 00:02 GMT
#7
I think I had 7 before I raged. 5 were disconnects, when I was spamming Select Drone or Build SCV and the Surrender screen would pop up.

< pleased.
Ndugu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1078 Posts
October 02 2010 00:04 GMT
#8
16. Switched from Protoss to Zerg, heh.
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
October 02 2010 00:05 GMT
#9
I had probably a 10 loss streak after switching from Terran to Protoss. What was really annoying was that a lot of those losses came from 1-base Terran all-in attacks.

I decided to play T today and ran into another 1-base all-in Terran. Since I was T it didn't work--expo, micro, gg 1-base-noob-T.
Marines > everything
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-02 00:11:45
October 02 2010 00:06 GMT
#10
0-12 streak, 2-19 overall. Guess what matchup most of the games were D:

(missing two losses off the top)
[image loading]

[image loading]


"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
OminouS
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1343 Posts
October 02 2010 00:07 GMT
#11
1-17 when I was REALLY drunk
On the 6th day JF made Reavers and on the 7th day JF put his opponent to rest
LeCastor
Profile Joined July 2010
France234 Posts
October 02 2010 00:08 GMT
#12
Did you get demoted with such a losing streak ?
MasTer9006
Profile Joined September 2010
United States14 Posts
October 02 2010 00:08 GMT
#13
On October 02 2010 09:02 piroko139 wrote:
I think I had 7 before I raged. 5 were disconnects, when I was spamming Select Drone or Build SCV and the Surrender screen would pop up.

< pleased.


I have had about two loses like that... It's the worst thing ever :S they need to fix that button so you have to click it and click an are you sure question. Both of my loses I was going in for the kill and it popped up while I was clicking the screen to attack >.<
MrBitter
Profile Joined January 2008
United States2940 Posts
October 02 2010 00:09 GMT
#14
I dropped 12 straight once. I think I raged so hard that I posted a blog about it.
ckw
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1018 Posts
October 02 2010 00:12 GMT
#15
On October 02 2010 08:51 Cham wrote: I don't really mind losing at all because I can learn from it, but the way the matchmaking is where I will win 5 games and then lose 5 games then win again is a bit annoying.


^^ This is the same for me as well. I really dislike how I will get matched against higher level Diamond players until I loose a few in a row and then I get about 5-6 games in a row against super low Diamond or even mid-high Platinum players! This means I will usually win 5-10 straight (or close) and then loose about 2-4 games, rinse and repeat. This makes me a sad panda
Being weak is a choice.
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
October 02 2010 00:14 GMT
#16
4 losses :S
For the Swarm!
Jackafur
Profile Joined February 2010
United States116 Posts
October 02 2010 00:17 GMT
#17
I always go on losing streaks after i go on a nice winning streak. I think my worst is like 10 losses in a row. I was up +20 games and now its more like +4 after my awesome losing streak.
The6357
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States1268 Posts
October 02 2010 00:18 GMT
#18
11
2010 worldcup!! corea fighting!!!
SiN]
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States540 Posts
October 02 2010 00:19 GMT
#19
I lost 24 in a row in beta.
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
October 02 2010 00:21 GMT
#20
There are a million threads on this topic, we dont need another do we?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/search.php?q=losing streaks
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 655
UpATreeSC 122
JuggernautJason27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19828
firebathero 200
Rush 139
Dewaltoss 85
Trap 25
Shine 22
Sexy 19
Bale 13
yabsab 9
Djem5 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7853
qojqva1425
monkeys_forever91
Counter-Strike
fl0m1538
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1858
crisheroes1251
Liquid`Hasu656
XaKoH 165
MindelVK10
Other Games
Grubby2992
FrodaN842
ceh9717
Beastyqt669
summit1g504
ArmadaUGS198
KnowMe167
byalli163
C9.Mang0158
Hui .143
QueenE105
Trikslyr64
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 7
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1751
League of Legends
• TFBlade1168
Other Games
• imaqtpie858
• Shiphtur248
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 19m
Stellar Fest
18h 19m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.