• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:59
CEST 02:59
KST 09:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9695 users

the "hate on swanized" thread - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
jaybrundage
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3921 Posts
June 18 2010 22:27 GMT
#41
On June 19 2010 06:02 swanized wrote:
It's not about me at all it's more about the SC:BW fans who stopped getting dailies the day after Blizzard announced Beta was coming this month.

a gradual switch would have been perfect but it just happened overnight, I felt like this meant that basically all the BW fans had been dumped for the brand new users whom would surely come to TL after this announcement

again I can see why D9 did that (bigger fanbase etc, SC2 being brand new etc.) and I am not blaming him for that as given the same choices maybe I would have done the same thing, I just thought it was very abrupt and looked like he thought SC:BW fans did not matter anymore.


ok I will stop trying to defend myself on my own hate thread and maybe make a new account




I don't know swanized. Doesn't it follow that most SC:BW fans will go to SC2 as it is the sequel? Unless Blizzards really messes up SC2 in a week. (Which they won't cause there Blizzard) Then practically everyone will switch.
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 22:32:28
June 18 2010 22:32 GMT
#42
On June 19 2010 07:27 jaybrundage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2010 06:02 swanized wrote:
It's not about me at all it's more about the SC:BW fans who stopped getting dailies the day after Blizzard announced Beta was coming this month.

a gradual switch would have been perfect but it just happened overnight, I felt like this meant that basically all the BW fans had been dumped for the brand new users whom would surely come to TL after this announcement

again I can see why D9 did that (bigger fanbase etc, SC2 being brand new etc.) and I am not blaming him for that as given the same choices maybe I would have done the same thing, I just thought it was very abrupt and looked like he thought SC:BW fans did not matter anymore.


ok I will stop trying to defend myself on my own hate thread and maybe make a new account




I don't know swanized. Doesn't it follow that most SC:BW fans will go to SC2 as it is the sequel? Unless Blizzards really messes up SC2 in a week. (Which they won't cause there Blizzard) Then practically everyone will switch.


Some won't go permanently or maybe not at all...
I know I won't go to SC2.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
Eiserne
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States340 Posts
June 18 2010 22:37 GMT
#43
On June 19 2010 07:10 tree.hugger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2010 06:08 Chill wrote:
On June 19 2010 06:02 swanized wrote:
It's not about me at all it's more about the SC:BW fans who stopped getting dailies the day after Blizzard announced Beta was coming this month.

a gradual switch would have been perfect but it just happened overnight, I felt like this meant that basically all the BW fans had been dumped for the brand new users whom would surely come to TL after this announcement

again I can see why D9 did that (bigger fanbase etc, SC2 being brand new etc.) and I am not blaming him for that as given the same choices maybe I would have done the same thing, I just thought it was very abrupt and looked like he thought SC:BW fans did not matter anymore.


ok I will stop trying to defend myself on my own hate thread and maybe make a new account

Don't worry man your father still loves you.

He may have phrased it wrong, but that's no reason to publicly insult him.

And of course, Day9 is perfectly entitled to do whatever he wants, and is a baller either way, but I think swanized is expressing a somewhat fair frustration that TL has somewhat abandoned BW for a work-in-progress.


I'm with this guy actually, treehugger that is. I'm pretty frustrated that the BW community hasa completely abandoned the game that created Teamliquid in favor of something that so far has no potential, at least in my eyes.
DarkOptik
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
452 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 22:43:23
June 18 2010 22:43 GMT
#44
Wait what? What is this abandonment you're talking about?

There are still threads for every single proleague match/OSL and MSL group qualifier, Fantasy is still running, there are still news write ups on the front page regarding the PL/MSL/OSL, people still post in Broodwar Strategy, people still translate PL/MSL/OSL winners interviews at a blazing rate, the PR still runs, ICCup still runs, replays are still posted in the Replay section, and plenty more if you just care to look at it.

In fact, I would say that things have hardly changed for BW except that large tournaments are no longer run (and to be perfectly honest, there aren't many notable ones in the first place, and TSL2 was probably the last great one)

True, BW has less traffic, but there's no reason to believe that it has become "completely abandoned".
Bigpon86
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States238 Posts
June 18 2010 22:45 GMT
#45
On June 19 2010 06:02 swanized wrote:
It's not about me at all it's more about the SC:BW fans who stopped getting dailies the day after Blizzard announced Beta was coming this month.

a gradual switch would have been perfect but it just happened overnight, I felt like this meant that basically all the BW fans had been dumped for the brand new users whom would surely come to TL after this announcement

again I can see why D9 did that (bigger fanbase etc, SC2 being brand new etc.) and I am not blaming him for that as given the same choices maybe I would have done the same thing, I just thought it was very abrupt and looked like he thought SC:BW fans did not matter anymore.


ok I will stop trying to defend myself on my own hate thread and maybe make a new account





He has probably done about 10 dailys on bw since beta started. He still does bw just not as often, and can you really blame him? Sc2 is what people want now.
This is my quote.
Dozle
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada147 Posts
June 18 2010 22:47 GMT
#46
I can imagine everyone standing around Swanized laughing at him...

Really low TL, really low.
Skee
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada702 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 22:51:34
June 18 2010 22:51 GMT
#47
On June 19 2010 07:47 Dozle wrote:
I can imagine everyone standing around Swanized laughing at him...

Really low TL, really low.


I imagined the same thing.... I rofl'd. We must be different.
MorroW
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden3522 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 22:55:31
June 18 2010 22:53 GMT
#48
he makes a bad point and even the admins are making fun of him
tl is showing a real ugly side here

chill is an admin and is just throwing a complete offtopic insult, way to be cleaning up tl from trolls
Progamerpls no copy pasterino
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
June 18 2010 22:56 GMT
#49
he was trying to make a valid point, but worded it rather poorly. i think all this hate is unnecessary and unprofessional, especially when done by admins. cmon guys..
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Eiserne
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States340 Posts
June 18 2010 22:59 GMT
#50
Surprise, TL admins can be unprofessional...

This is not news.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 23:01:16
June 18 2010 22:59 GMT
#51
On June 19 2010 07:53 MorroW wrote:
he makes a bad point

If by bad point you mean directly insults one of the communities' best contributors for being disrespectful to bw fans... for terrible reasons... then yea it was a bad point.
and even the admins are making fun of him
tl is showing a real ugly side here

chill is an admin and is just throwing a complete offtopic insult, way to be cleaning up tl from trolls

This has nothing to do with trolling at all. We all get made fun of here for stupid mistakes, and sometimes when beloved people are insulted things get a bit heated.
On June 19 2010 07:56 da_head wrote:
he was trying to make a valid point, but worded it rather poorly. i think all this hate is unnecessary and unprofessional, especially when done by admins. cmon guys..

If he meant "I feel bad about how there is less bw coverage" then he sure as hell didn't make even a half-assed attempt to express this. It's almost like saying you wish to make a point about how sc2 is bad so you say "I hate tunafish." Just doesn't make sense and is insulting to spiritofthetuna.
On June 19 2010 07:59 Eiserne wrote:
Surprise, TL admins can be unprofessional...

This is not news.

TL admins aren't professionals. And they usually act pretty professionally anyway... hard to find comparable sites with better admins.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
June 18 2010 23:00 GMT
#52
Free swanized!

Morrow you make a decent point. We know day9 still does some BW talk, and obviously SC2 has a larger following right now, but there's no reason to insult the guy.
Oh, my eSports
Eiserne
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States340 Posts
June 18 2010 23:03 GMT
#53
On June 19 2010 07:59 micronesia wrote:

Show nested quote +
On June 19 2010 07:59 Eiserne wrote:
Surprise, TL admins can be unprofessional...

This is not news.

TL admins aren't professionals. And they usually act pretty professionally anyway... hard to find comparable sites with better admins.

I have to disagree... There are plenty of other similar communities with impartial administration... There are a handful of impartial mods here and tons that throw their weight around. The good with the bad in a community of this size though.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 23:05:56
June 18 2010 23:05 GMT
#54
On June 19 2010 08:03 Eiserne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2010 07:59 micronesia wrote:

On June 19 2010 07:59 Eiserne wrote:
Surprise, TL admins can be unprofessional...

This is not news.

TL admins aren't professionals. And they usually act pretty professionally anyway... hard to find comparable sites with better admins.

I have to disagree... There are plenty of other similar communities with impartial administration... There are a handful of impartial mods here and tons that throw their weight around. The good with the bad in a community of this size though.

Actually I disagree. Those very communities that you are thinking of are the ones where the staff throws their weight around whereas the ones here are impartial.

Naming some communities might bring you in the general direction of making a point.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
June 18 2010 23:07 GMT
#55
note to self: don't mess with CHIIIIIIIIILL
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Eiserne
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States340 Posts
June 18 2010 23:08 GMT
#56
On June 19 2010 08:05 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2010 08:03 Eiserne wrote:
On June 19 2010 07:59 micronesia wrote:

On June 19 2010 07:59 Eiserne wrote:
Surprise, TL admins can be unprofessional...

This is not news.

TL admins aren't professionals. And they usually act pretty professionally anyway... hard to find comparable sites with better admins.

I have to disagree... There are plenty of other similar communities with impartial administration... There are a handful of impartial mods here and tons that throw their weight around. The good with the bad in a community of this size though.

Actually I disagree. Those very communities that you are thinking of are the ones where the staff throws their weight around whereas the ones here are impartial.

Naming some communities might bring you in the general direction of making a point.

I'm not speaking specifically about BW communities, and I'm not really interested in empirically proving points to you. Agree to disagree it is.
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 23:12:03
June 18 2010 23:10 GMT
#57
I'm not an experienced poster here or anything, but hasn't it always been like this? Admins have been insulting people massively unprofessionally for a long time, which I think is fine since they're not professionals. To be honest I think the only reason you're reacting here is because you agree with him - admins have said way way worse (and in this case the original post really was quite disrespectful to Day9). Say the magic words 'Starcraft 2', and suddenly drama appears.
I mean, have any of you looked through the ban thread? Some pretty hilarious messages in there; to people who can't respond, no less.

Also, if the Bel-Air thread wasn't trolling I don't know what is. You guys are massively overreacting, he wasn't even punished at all. If I made the original post I'd make damn sure I was ready to take the heat for it, you don't say something like that and expect to not get a response.
Eiserne
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States340 Posts
June 18 2010 23:14 GMT
#58
On June 19 2010 08:10 Redmark wrote:
I'm not an experienced poster here or anything, but hasn't it always been like this? Admins have been insulting people massively unprofessionally for a long time, which I think is fine since they're not professionals. To be honest I think the only reason you're reacting here is because you agree with him - admins have said way way worse (and in this case the original post really was quite disrespectful to Day9). Say the magic words 'Starcraft 2', and suddenly drama appears.
I mean, have any of you looked through the ban thread? Some pretty hilarious messages in there; to people who can't respond, no less.

Also, if the Bel-Air thread wasn't trolling I don't know what is. You guys are massively overreacting, he wasn't even punished at all. If I made the original post I'd make damn sure I was ready to take the heat for it, you don't say something like that and expect to not get a response.

I really don't think it's that big of a deal, just conversation in my eyes.
2WeaK
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada550 Posts
June 18 2010 23:19 GMT
#59
Only thing that I dislike about the SC2 D9Dailies, is that the game play isn't as refined at higher level than the SC1 pros and that right now he's always analyzing new strategies that people are coming up with during beta.

To me it just feels that this constant evolution of strategy is too much for me to pick up (I'm awful with little time to play) on the enthusiasm of developing new strats or learning 'sub optimal' strats.
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-18 23:31:00
June 18 2010 23:30 GMT
#60
On June 19 2010 08:19 2WeaK wrote:
Only thing that I dislike about the SC2 D9Dailies, is that the game play isn't as refined at higher level than the SC1 pros and that right now he's always analyzing new strategies that people are coming up with during beta.

To me it just feels that this constant evolution of strategy is too much for me to pick up (I'm awful with little time to play) on the enthusiasm of developing new strats or learning 'sub optimal' strats.


I don't know what level of play you are at but the level of play in most of his dailies are not high enough where if you don't use their build orders you are playing "sub optimally" considering almost every replay featured is someone playing sub optimally. Sometimes it looks like he almost has trouble coping with the skill level of some of the players featured, I mean you have a great BW player who could maintain incredible 5 + base macro with Zerg watching 2 SC2 USA beta players mineral float to 1500 on 2 bases and having very low level thought processes.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings82
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O160
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 187
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1063
ZZZero.O 160
Bale 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4069
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
minikerr26
Other Games
summit1g10621
C9.Mang0266
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1120
BasetradeTV46
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP125
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 1m
Replay Cast
22h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.