• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:39
CEST 19:39
KST 02:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11506 users

Poll:What race do you play?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 03:28:24
June 09 2010 02:09 GMT
#1
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the excess of threads - this is the last, and it is very simple. Recently, I realized all my criticism goes for playing zerg being underpowered. What would be interesting to me is a poll of what race you played MOST often when the beta was up. Please answer truthfully!

MOST IMPORTANT: DON'T ANSWER TO MAKE IT EVEN
Poll: What race in SC2 do you play most?

Zerg (152)
 
30%

Protoss (150)
 
29%

Terran (149)
 
29%

Random (64)
 
12%

515 total votes

Your vote: What race in SC2 do you play most?

(Vote): Protoss
(Vote): Terran
(Vote): Zerg
(Vote): Random



If you feel the need, please explain why you play the race most in the replies.

Thanks, and if you havn't voted please do, we want the most accurate info we can get!
monitor




https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
DooMDash
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1015 Posts
June 09 2010 02:10 GMT
#2
Terran by far, since I started.
S1 3500+ Master T. S2 1600+ Master T.
spiderface
Profile Joined May 2010
United States74 Posts
June 09 2010 02:11 GMT
#3
Zerg forever.
Meatloaf
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Spain664 Posts
June 09 2010 02:12 GMT
#4
Terran , as i did long long ago in BW.

monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
June 09 2010 02:13 GMT
#5
Please explain why you play the race in the comments too! This way we can find out what aspect appeals to players, and how to improve the game for everyone. Thanks!
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
red_b
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1267 Posts
June 09 2010 02:15 GMT
#6
I started with toss since they have cool stuff and when I started playing they hadnt even nerfed the immortal build timing. Now I play Zerg, just sort of happened.
Those small maps were like a boxing match in a phone booth.
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
June 09 2010 02:17 GMT
#7
Started Terran, got bored and didn't play for a while. Switched to Zerg and REALLY enjoyed it, kept it.
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
SkCom
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada229 Posts
June 09 2010 02:19 GMT
#8
idk about the others but I play the race I find the most appealing visually
for me, protoss; I do like the look of some of the zerg's units though, like the cute little banelings or the infestors, so zerg is my 2nd : )
also idk abotu zerg being underpowered, go easy on those QQs or people might nerdrage XD
Graven
Profile Joined June 2010
United States314 Posts
June 09 2010 02:19 GMT
#9
Started with Random and now play Zerg in 1v1 and either Zerg or Protoss in team games (I wish I could Random without Terran being an option...).
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
June 09 2010 02:20 GMT
#10
Protoss during Beta. Going to play Zerg second phase or launch. Then Terran after, then hopefully be a decent random player :/
Life is Good.
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
June 09 2010 02:20 GMT
#11
I've been random all throughout beta, but I just don't play enough to keep up with all the match ups. Think when it starts up again I'll have decided which mirror I hate the least and pick the race based on that =)
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
June 09 2010 02:21 GMT
#12
I like terran the most but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed because during development it was seeming like Blizzard had hopes to make both mech and Bio viable in all matchups. but against protoss mech is almost impossible, so much worse than in broodwar. Infantry against protoss just feels wrong to me. Overall though terran has a lot of cool features to them that award creative as well as a "passive aggressive" playstyle in most matchups. TvP feels off though.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Sumsi
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany593 Posts
June 09 2010 02:22 GMT
#13
I play random.

I do this to get a feeling for every race, especially in terms of timing.
When you want to beat an opponent with a certain race you have to play it for yourself, thats my philosophy atm.

I'll pick my favourite later.
moin
IceMerlin
Profile Joined May 2010
Singapore10 Posts
June 09 2010 02:25 GMT
#14
i play Zerg. It just sort of happened i guess =/
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
June 09 2010 02:26 GMT
#15
terran, because zerg/toss is boring in sc2. terran is still kinda boring, but more fun than the other two.

and yeah, whats with all these threads?
boomer hands
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
June 09 2010 02:33 GMT
#16
Started with Random then started playing Protoss full-time because I played primarily Toss in SC/BW. Didn't really like/get bored of the Protoss SC2 playstyle (I wanna play a more Macro toss, but I found you often have to rely on very aggressive 1 base play) and switched back to Random. Was considering switching to Terran after that, but I didn't like how ridiculously OP Terran Mech was at the time, and I didn't like how TvT was playing out at the time (Tanks+Vikings). Was considering switching back to Protoss full-time, but the reasons why I switched from Protoss in the first place still lingered so I switched to Zerg full-time. Ironically I played Zerg first in BW, when I didn't have a strong foundational understanding and used to lurker drop almost EVERY game, before I started playing for reals with Protoss.
Setz3R
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States455 Posts
June 09 2010 02:37 GMT
#17
Protoss / Random -- I'm really happy at the poll seems really close so far. I enjoy that there are equal representation of all races, BUT I never see any high level diamond zerg (750++)! Where are you guys!? I understand ladder is kind of overrated but you do want your icons right?
twitch.tv/setz3r
ionlyplayPROtoss
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada573 Posts
June 09 2010 02:39 GMT
#18
so the stereotype everybody plays toss don't hold up it seems.
Pigsquirrel
Profile Joined August 2009
United States615 Posts
June 09 2010 02:42 GMT
#19
Terran.
I originally played Toss in Brood War and planned on it in SC2, but then toss early on in SC2 alpha was still pretty much the same, just stalkers instead of goons, but Terran was really different. I really like BW m&m, so was looking forward to terran bio in SC2. Plus Reapers were EPIC, especially with those bomb things or whatever. Battle Report 2 roach boom boom anyone?
im a roc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States745 Posts
June 09 2010 02:44 GMT
#20
I always find it amazing how these polls eventually equalize at 30%, 30%, 30%, 10%.
Beware The Proxy Pool Rush
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 623
UpATreeSC 118
ProTech48
JuggernautJason31
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33846
Calm 3366
Shuttle 1181
actioN 234
firebathero 181
Hyuk 125
Barracks 114
Dewaltoss 101
Liquid`Ret 66
Hyun 34
[ Show more ]
HiyA 24
Bale 23
Aegong 22
Free 22
soO 21
NaDa 18
PianO 18
Shine 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8595
Dendi1122
XaKoH 379
Fuzer 98
League of Legends
KnowMe73
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1383
fl0m1086
x6flipin834
Other Games
singsing2164
FrodaN1295
Beastyqt652
B2W.Neo336
ceh9333
mouzStarbuck289
Livibee189
byalli183
C9.Mang0170
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr84
Mew2King65
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 55
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
Other Games
• Shiphtur872
• imaqtpie526
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 36m
Replay Cast
5h 21m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.